Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I really loved the Arkane Prey but yeah the Typhon don't have the personality of the antagonists from system shock. Shock has the awesome insane set pieces at the end too, like SHODAN's recreation of Citadel station and the guts of the many with the giant crushing teeth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

What throws me off in Prey is that it seems to have no aim assist. I’m not good at shooters generally but trying to hit mimics with the GLOO gun is really tricky. I had the game on PC originally and it was tricky even with a mouse.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Yup. Mimics in prey are perfect at keeping me on edge. They jack and suck on my pee pee expertly but never let me cum despite my begging for sweet release. Not like my mimic in elden ring who I would immediately spray all my cum in every night mating press style. Lol

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Hizke posted:

Yup. Mimics in prey are perfect at keeping me on edge. They jack and suck on my pee pee expertly but never let me cum despite my begging for sweet release. Not like my mimic in elden ring who I would immediately spray all my cum in every night mating press style. Lol

Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Hizke posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Very good.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Hizke posted:

Yeah... sounds about right

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hizke posted:

Lucky

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Hizke posted:

As long as they're consenting, alive, of-age, non-elderly and non-related, I say play ball.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

As long as they're consenting, alive, of-age, non-elderly and non-related, I say play ball.

Lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Not a huge spooky game fan but I was blankly staring at the game library tonight trying to find something to play and I remembered I bought both Castlevania collections on sale a while ago and haven’t touched either of them. Starting with a quick Dracula X run and then gonna go through the GBA games in order. I’ve played them all but Aria is the only one I have lasting memories of.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dead Space is very nerve racking lol. The sound design is pretty goddamn good

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The sound design and atmosphere are what keep bringing me back. I think I've played them more than RE4 now.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

playing it with headphones definitely made for a scarier experience

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Scorn comes out tomorrow on gamepass, I hope it's good but I wouldn't bet on it.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

started playing Inscryption finally and enjoying it so far. Looking forward to seeing where it goes and the card game itself is pretty enjoyable. I like this guy's games mostly but this is the first one that's actually fun to play

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Inscryption is cool. I liked it a lot.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Tim Epic is giving away Darkwood this week so I might try that

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

bees x1000 posted:

Tim Epic is giving away Darkwood this week so I might try that

sick thank you tim epic

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I've been playing Prey and it's decent so far but the combat can be quite annoying. I feel like I have to quick save before any encounter with a phantom, they do crazy damage even with high suit integrity. I also don't particularly like the idea of suit integrity. It's not like you're choosing between healing or better defence, you just need to maintain both. It also feels like you don't really have many evasive choices if Phantoms start firing at you. However I do like that in return they aren't super bullet spongy themselves. If you prepare for them you can handle them pretty cleanly if you get the drop on them. The basic pistol doing really solid damage ftw.

The story is fun so far but I feel like it's unlikely to how insanely good the opening of the game is. I did really like meeting January and finding out what's going on only for December to ring me up and tell me to do the exact opposite and to trust them for the exact same reason I trust January I also really liked the psychologist's computer you can hack to read his patient files. All his files describe the patients as paranoid or aggressive or delusional but when you listen to the attached audio it's clear he's just an unbelievable prick and antagonises them

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

december and january are both telling the truth. prey kicks rear end

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

omori is definitely more feelsy than spooky, but i'm starting to get into it more after spending like 6 hours in the prologue

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Inscription is really fun but it's getting a bit annoying to die to the final boss every run entirely dependent on if you draw your good cards in the first two turns or not. That goes for all the bosses really it's just more of an issue for the final one. It also means every boss fight ends nearly instantly when you can play the good cards or not.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Had an amazing run and bodied the final boss ftw. However I made a big story error. I decided to use the super special knife I found earlier to super overkill his final phase. Even though I had one shotted the moon with my set up. I totally forgot I had been planning to see if it affected the ending as it shows up in a painting in the ending after you win Well there is always next run lol

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I got a lovely card, the Geck, which has 1 health and damage but is free, so I gave it the sigil I got which creates a new copy of it every time I play it and beat the third area and "final" boss on my first attempt by spamming infinite gecks at everything I fought. Breaking the game hilariously ftw. Now I'm watching this guys YouTube videos

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I used the stink bug to defeat the moon and Leshy freaked out about how it doesn't make any sense that the stink would affect the moon.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The final boss of Inscription is so fail. He's an easy win if you kill his first phase in one move. If not he wipes out your line and makes it impossible to play any cards then deploys a row of triple hit monsters that clear the blocks and hit you for 12 damage. I don't mind him killing all my guys in one move, that's what ever. It's dumb that with a full hand of cards to play I can't play any but he can fill up a row of triple hits on the next turn. Feels like the entire boss is down to the first turn which is lame imo. All bosses are like that but him even more so.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I am in Act 2 and I have discovered that I have absolutely no idea how to play a CCG.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

I've been playing Prey and it's decent so far but the combat can be quite annoying. I feel like I have to quick save before any encounter with a phantom, they do crazy damage even with high suit integrity. I also don't particularly like the idea of suit integrity. It's not like you're choosing between healing or better defence, you just need to maintain both. It also feels like you don't really have many evasive choices if Phantoms start firing at you. However I do like that in return they aren't super bullet spongy themselves. If you prepare for them you can handle them pretty cleanly if you get the drop on them. The basic pistol doing really solid damage ftw.

the suit integrity stuff and burns and poo poo is honestly just a pain in the rear end for the sake of being a pain in the rear end. I turned it off when I replayed it on the highest difficulty and it was way more enjoyable while still being challenging

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Played a bit of scorn. It's alright so far. Insane visuals, mediocre gameplay. Exactly what everyone figured.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might do a run of the Stalkers before the end of the month.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Goons used to say Ecco the Dolphin is scary but I haven't played it.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

goons are stupid

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Frenz posted:

Goons used to say Ecco the Dolphin is scary but I haven't played it.

I think it would be scary to play it if the goon from the godlike Let's Play was narrating the game for you but otherwise, it's just goons dude. But I haven't played it either but it's just like... Bruh. It's a dolphin.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

there's a big alien at the end of it you edgelord fucks. you would know this if you ever followed BlueShirt's speedrun strats but oh, I forgot. Imp Zone is full of 40 year old boomers who hate us 33 year old zoomers. Go figure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

there's a big alien at the end of it you edgelord fucks. you would know this if you ever followed BlueShirt's speedrun strats but oh, I forgot. Imp Zone is full of 40 year old boomers who hate us 33 year old zoomers. Go figure

Dude the capture card was off for his entire run. I couldn't see the drat alien.