Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hugoon Chavez posted:

Kicking the ground should send you flying a-la Baptiste.

That'd be sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Zen kick parkour. Where is it Bliz?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Just Chamber posted:

This video kinds proved he's not, especially if this is a so called "god" of Doomfist. He's a pretty bad dps and a bad tank, he's in a weird middle ground where he's just not really good at either.

It looked pretty amazing to me. He had the healers occupied like 90% of the time and all the rest of his team had to do was take free shots at anyone that was on the wrong side of him. This is the definition of tanking.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Bottom Liner posted:

I like the part at 1:22 where he lands a Meteor on like 4 or 5 in that small room and none of their health bars move and he immediately dies

Meanwhile, in DPS land...

https://twitter.com/ItsSomjuu/status/1578902622777774080?t=UxrDwUI-EVOfeIAc-Ejd7w&s=19

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah is that a bug or something? I've seen bastions do super airstrikes but I dont know how

DoctorJones
Apr 28, 2003

Fortune and Glory.

Zzulu posted:

Yeah is that a bug or something? I've seen bastions do super airstrikes but I dont know how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85Ps4teHEhQ

i couldn't get it to work with mouse click, but adding the 1 keybind, it works every time.

edit:

here have a torb bug, too. this one is way easier. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZgbYRTFNnQ

DoctorJones fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Oct 10, 2022

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

I love hunting for headshots, but Kiriko's kit feels so passive and lacks impact. Big mistake to not give her Yuffie's gigantic shuriken imo.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Cephas posted:

I love hunting for headshots, but Kiriko's kit feels so passive and lacks impact. Big mistake to not give her Yuffie's gigantic shuriken imo.

This could be me misinterpreting what I saw on ML7's stream, but I think her impact comes from playing like a ninja. It all comes down to the wall climb and teleport. Genji is one of the strongest heros right now, and she can enable him like nobody else. Teleport to genji on the back line, wipe the team and teleport back to tank if something goes wrong.

You can't add value by standing behind the tank and taking low probability headshot at long distance. She can go anywhere on the spot and is a perfect pocket for flankers.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Her teleport and invulnerability thing is really good but I agree that she doesn't feel particularly satisfying to play

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

She also has the same healing output as Mercy, which is very average, except Mercy's beam sticks to you and Kiriko's papers just fly where the gently caress ever instead.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Oh I mean, her kit seems like it might end up being busted good for those movement options, but just in terms of visual and aesthetic impact she doesn't have as much presence. Whereas I'd kind of want a kitsune ninja girl to feel like she's kinda goofin on people left and right. IDK I just feel like, since her character design is already colorful, she could have had some chunkier and flashier visuals.

Really I just want her to have the Warcraft 3 Huntress glaive so she can do sick trickshots that bounce around.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Kiriko's kit seems really good, but her m1 and m2 lack visual punch. the flying papers get lost in the explosions and gunfire onscreen.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

headcase posted:

This could be me misinterpreting what I saw on ML7's stream, but I think her impact comes from playing like a ninja.

yeah, that's been my impression, too. she's a fairly mediocre heads-on healer, since she's not especially fast at healing and has a reasonably slow projectile for a primary fire, so you're mostly reduced to spamming corners to nail peekers and popping suzu to counter ults or big damage bursts. it's her unparalleled mobility that makes her unique: she can find vertical positions that make getting headshots much easier while still being able to LMB targets from pretty far away, and she can pocket highly mobile targets like genji or tracer in a way no other healer really can. she's also exceptionally good at getting out of danger, with only moira really rivaling her in that regard

the reason she feels "basic" when playing her like any other healer is that she was designed to not play like them. you need to gain height advantages and look for opportunities to dink the backline to force them to peel behind cover, or move around with a friendly genji to neuter their backline, or even go on the occasional solo mission to high ground and clap some unaware widow

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

Kiriko's kit seems really good, but her m1 and m2 lack visual punch. the flying papers get lost in the explosions and gunfire onscreen.

i think the travel time does her LMB no favors as far as gamefeel goes. it's a fairly significant chunk of HP healed for a full bar, but it can take several seconds to hit a distant target who's hopping around, so it often feels weightless even when it's doing good work

Vermain fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Oct 10, 2022

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VaXKr4_V2s

some very interesting stuff about Kiriko here - might try to give her another go knowing some of this stuff

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I like how the queues didn't improve for DPS at all, despite all their machinations, they just got worse for Tanks.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Why does Kiriko’s left click have a hud element showing 5 cards but ammo of 10/10? Why does the graphic have two elements to it as well? Makes no sense visually and is inconsistent with other visual info the game provides for other healers. Why even have the 5 card hud if holding the button or clicking it a single time still throws them all at once?

Her kit is strong, but her UI and animations feel unfinished or like they still have elements of earlier versions of the character.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

I like how the queues didn't improve for DPS at all, despite all their machinations, they just got worse for Tanks.

I know people say there shouldn't be artificial incentives to play a role because it makes games worse, but I would like to see them give currency away as a reward to queueing.

It would work like this:

The amount of currency you get for flexing scales with how long the longest queue is.
It could get quite large to counter a 15 minute tank queue.
You have to win to get your reward.

headcase fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 10, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

You can change a setting so it doesn't fling all the talismans at once. In her hero specific settings it's called healing ofuda toggle or something of the sort. Turning it off makes it so clicking just throws one set of papers and you have to hold to throw more.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

headcase posted:

I know people say there shouldn't be artificial incentives to play a role because it makes games worse, but I would like to see them give currency away as a reward to queueing.

It would work like this:

The amount of currency you get for flexing scales with how long the longest queue is.
It could get quite large to counter a 15 minute tank queue.
You have to win to get your reward.

They will not sacrifice even a small amount of their income in order to improve the game.

Clearly, they're just all in on milking this cow until it keels over.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Oct 10, 2022

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

So when do weeklies reset? at patch time on Tuesday, or Monday night like events and loot box games? If it is Monday, we'll get short changed this week.

I only need to get 2 more team kills, but they have been elusive over the past 5 games or so. What mode do you think is best? I wonder if there is an arcade that racks them up.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
There's a timer on the challenge page, you've got 7 hours.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Veev posted:

There's a timer on the challenge page, you've got 7 hours.

Mine says 1 day left, while the dailies say 17 hours left, So I think it will be tomorrow afternoon.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

headcase posted:

Mine says 1 day left, while the dailies say 17 hours left, So I think it will be tomorrow afternoon.

Ah I was stuck on daily, so you have 31 hours.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Jumped back into this after not playing Overwatch for a few years. Moira seems super strong, especially since every enemy team has a Genji on it

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

It annoys me that the weekly challenge of "win 10 games with two different roles" doesn't give you info on how many games in what roles you've won

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It annoys me that the weekly challenge of "win 10 games with two different roles" doesn't give you info on how many games in what roles you've won

It's a feature. If you miss 8 weeklies then you won't be able to buy the next battle pass for "free".

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Am I dumb, or is JunQueen's achievement for her pixel spray impossible to get? Have 7 wound up at the same time? Or do wounds from different attacks stack?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Sojurn is very fun.

pew pew pew *slide jumps*

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Just Chamber posted:

This video kinds proved he's not, especially if this is a so called "god" of Doomfist. He's a pretty bad dps and a bad tank, he's in a weird middle ground where he's just not really good at either.
this guy is the doomfist god
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaBKWm34wc

which to be fair is about 1000% less flashy than ow1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eijvo7roAyI

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

comedyblissoption posted:

which to be fair is about 1000% less flashy than ow1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eijvo7roAyI

Tea bagging is so loving lame lol

rkd_
Aug 25, 2022

Schneider Inside Her posted:

Jumped back into this after not playing Overwatch for a few years. Moira seems super strong, especially since every enemy team has a Genji on it

Yeah, she's insane. Can literally dish out equal damage and healing and still be on top as healer.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

As long as your team is not a complete bunch of incompetent idiots running around like headless chickens then I'm pretty sure Moira has the highest healing output, as long as there are enemies available within your right click range.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

rkd_ posted:

Yeah, she's insane. Can literally dish out equal damage and healing and still be on top as healer.

in fairness, a good amount of her damage is pure stat padding from hucking dark balls down corridors that's just healed up by the local lucio or mercy 90% of the time. she's definitely good anti-genji/tracer tech though if you can't rely on your DPS to turn around when they hear what sounds like an elephant clomping behind them

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022

Scholtz posted:

Tea bagging is so loving lame lol

When you spend so much time to be this good at anything, and you aren't a professional, you are going to develop some serious problems lol

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Moira is actually pretty low tier when you aren't facing against stupid babies.

You can't really DPS with her against players that will actually land shots; you'll lose duels every time. The fact that you have to rubberband back and forth between DPS and Healing can be hard to balance out in higher-pressure situations. Also, her ult charges slowly (disregard when you are playing against babies, you'll charge it really fast). Lastly, she doesn't have any burst damage.

The fade super jump is pretty cool for positioning, but she still has potential problems hitting ranged targets.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

My biggest annoyance with Moira is that she literally cannot stop Mercy from reviving someone. Just not enough dps to stop her even if you use all of your abilities including the Ult.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Bottom Liner posted:

Why does Kiriko’s left click have a hud element showing 5 cards but ammo of 10/10?

She throws two cards at a time

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Is there a confirmed deflation of ranks in comp for this season?

Because I won 7 out of 10 support queues and got Bronze 4, and I don’t really get how losing twenty games instead would get me just one rank below.

Unless I happened to just sit in spawn and the rest of my team managed to win without me but that’s not it I totally owned I swear :(

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Aipsh posted:

Because I won 7 out of 10 support queues and got Bronze 4, and I don’t really get how losing twenty games instead would get me just one rank below.

Unless I happened to just sit in spawn and the rest of my team managed to win without me but that’s not it I totally owned I swear :(

I don't know if there has been an official comment on it in the last few days, but it's pretty obvious the system is either really glitched, or most people are getting downranked pretty hard

I refuse to touch competitive for at least a week or two while stuff gets ironed out, personally, but lots of people I used to play with are going from diamond and higher to like silver, or from plat/gold straight to bronze 5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Aipsh posted:

It's a long walk back to your 'proper' rank. I was Mid-gold in Overwatch 1 and results from my first 14 wins as a healer was going from starting Bronze 5 first to B3 and then B1.
And I've been winning little under the 50% of my games.