Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Alpine will do their usual thing of looking promising after the second year of development which is where they got to with Danny Ric in 2020, before someone higher up decides to shuffle things around and drops them a few places back in the standings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Thanks Ants posted:

Alpine will do their usual thing of looking promising after the second year of development which is where they got to with Danny Ric in 2020, before someone higher up decides to shuffle things around and drops them a few places back in the standings.

Sounds pretty french tbh

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
https://twitter.com/Motorsport/status/1579488071707693056?s=20&t=4K0mY_b3CVBLMvZRr71phQ

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The FIA didn't even investigate Red Bull and aren't handing out penalties because it was the first year of the cap loving lmao.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Horner said he was going to send the team lawyers after anyone saying they’d broken the cost cap

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Pirate Radar posted:

Horner said he was going to send the team lawyers after anyone saying they’d broken the cost cap

In the UK the threats legislation is quite broad, and this would definitely count as a threat. Would be an interesting test case.

Its a nothing burger anyway, the more interesting thing is if Mercedes walk away after next season. They will definitely play next season because their car might have caught up by then, but if it hasn't I can definitely see them saying gently caress this.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Not surprised that Red Bull and Max Verstappen are frauds that can only win by cheating.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Kirios posted:

Not surprised that Red Bull and Max Verstappen are frauds that can only win by cheating.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Kirios posted:

:hmmyes:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

CancerCakes posted:

In the UK the threats legislation is quite broad, and this would definitely count as a threat. Would be an interesting test case.

Its a nothing burger anyway, the more interesting thing is if Mercedes walk away after next season. They will definitely play next season because their car might have caught up by then, but if it hasn't I can definitely see them saying gently caress this.

Mercedes as a corporate entity won't want to keep pouring money into a sport where the rules are written down and then it turns out they are actually quite flexible depending on what the commercial rights holder thinks provides the best entertainment for a TV audience. I can't blame anybody who comes to that conclusion.

Spending more money than the rules allow you to spend is not really materially any different to having a higher fuel flow through your engine, or using more wind tunnel time than you were allocated. Why should it be punished differently?

And:

Kirios posted:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
F3 F2 F1 champions were all decided in the outs this year. Get your poo poo together FIA.

Lmao at the asterisk brigade still carrying on. Wrap it up you loving children #2TheMax

The final races will be a good testing ground for McLaren to start their 2023 title hunt

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

MustardFacial posted:

The final races will be a good testing ground for McLaren to start their 2023 title hunt

:hmmyes:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Williams is currently on the Tyrrell path, its only a matter of time before McLaren joins them

Actually maybe its better to call it the Brabham path

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Telling that Fraudulent 2-time champ Max Verstappen has never actually won a championship on track

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Mercedes as a corporate entity won't want to keep pouring money into a sport where the rules are written down and then it turns out they are actually quite flexible depending on what the commercial rights holder thinks provides the best entertainment for a TV audience. I can't blame anybody who comes to that conclusion.

If it was really an issue they would have cared 12 years and 8 WCCs ago. They've just now realized that F1 is really a sport about competitive whining.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Telling that Fraudulent 2-time champ Max Verstappen has never actually won a championship on track

Truly the greatest fraud of our time

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Max is the champion F1 and the FIA deserve

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

Spending more money than the rules allow you to spend is not really materially any different to having a higher fuel flow through your engine, or using more wind tunnel time than you were allocated. Why should it be punished differently?

And:

Mercedes middle management are not going to give up all the perks they get from F1 without a fight. Mercedes isn't going anywhere unless the company's financial prospects are bad.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

SocksAndSandals posted:

You cannot argue with this

daslog posted:

Mercedes middle management are not going to give up all the perks they get from F1 without a fight. Mercedes isn't going anywhere unless the company's financial prospects are bad.

I expect teams like Williams, Alfa and Haas who were the reason the cost cap exists will join any calls for action to be taken. Red Bull should go to the FIA proposing they get to keep all their championships but Christian Horner is going to be relegated to running a kart track in rural Spain, and all the Sky F1 commentary team with the exception of Our Jense, Karun and Natalie are banned from attending races, that's an outcome that everybody can support.

Thanks Ants fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 10, 2022

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I support 100% any resolution to this that results in Horner being kicked out of the sport never to darken my TV ever again.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

SocksAndSandals posted:

Not wrong.

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

SocksAndSandals posted:

:ferrari:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:ferrari:

E: drat it

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/redbullracing/status/1579500220735492098?t=0aRq7-BsQy34yZSeLEyXUA&s=19

Lol, why won't the FIA trust our cooked books???

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I'm beginning to feel like I chose the wrong team to support.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Wow that WDC was absolutely cheated and rigged, surely Ferrari and Legreg would have come back from their slight points deficit to take the title if this race hadn't been rigged by the stewards and had been awarded half points as is proper.

Sashimi posted:

Why did the race director give literally zero screen time to Alonso carving through the field after his last pit stop so we could watch Lewis try and fail to get past Ocon for the 9th time?

Everyone is watching for Lewis, no one cares about the inferior drivers, so he should be on screen at all times.

Aphex- posted:

That was hilarious because they said they were quiet the whole of last year because of the thread bullying max fans :laugh:

This is still true, this thread is still too toxic towards Max fans and too racist against Dutch people to put up with.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Punishment should be RB paying every team the exact overage they had in 2021 and they should be deducted whatever they amount is they overspend in 2021 in this year cap.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Also, the amount paid to competitors should not count towards the competitors cap, but should count towards RB's cap.

Make it hurt

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

As somebody who came dangerously close to being personally sued by a multibillion dollar company for extremely creative accounting, I offer a hearty lmao to this statement.

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

Cimber posted:

Last year I preferred Max to win over Ham, just to mix it up. Now that Max has won twice* its time for either McLaren or Ferrarri to start their dynasty.
My man, Ferrari can barely start their cars.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Pirate Radar posted:

Lmao, we're all hosed if he finds the thread

Charles Leclerc posted:

As somebody who came dangerously close to being personally sued by a multibillion dollar company for extremely creative accounting, I offer a hearty lmao to this statement.

big username/post energy here

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Alaois posted:

Williams is currently on the Tyrrell path, its only a matter of time before McLaren joins them

They are going to be bought out by one car manufacturer, get sold, win a world championship, get sold again, and then dominate the sport for a decade?

Kirios posted:

I'm beginning to feel like I chose the wrong team to support.

All F1 teams are cheating frauds run by pissy rich arseholes. Supporting a team is a dumb thing to, as is watching this stupid rigged sport for idiots.

rekko
Jul 24, 2022

〜✧・♡・★〜🌟💗・♥・💗🌟〜★・♡・✧〜
❗スゴイ❗

Charles Leclerc posted:

Please share.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
In other news the W Series has run out of money.

FIA's efforts to bring women into sport by setting up their own little ghetto with no money and a terrible car hasn't worked for some reason.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Supporting a team is a dumb thing to, as is watching this stupid rigged sport for idiots.

Unless that team is McLaren, OP

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants posted:

Quoting this because I think it really is the biggest issue F1 has at the moment, between the making up the rules as you go and sprint racing/reverse grids/whatever gimmick they can come up with the whole thing risks becoming a farce to the casual observer just to gain some brief artificial pulse of "excitement".

The standing starts in the wet is a perfectly good example of that. There's a perfectly good reason why rain starts were always rolling starts (don't lose heat out of the tire, less issues if someone has a lovely start, less time since previous lap clearing rain, etc), but F1 does standing starts for "the show" it ends up being a massive clusterfuck, race gets red flagged for 90 minutes only to then have a rolling start that goes off without any issues. In no way did the wet standing start "enhance the show" for this weekend's race, in fact it did the exact opposite.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I also think Red Bull tends to get a way with a lot of poo poo because their marketing narrative completely turns on "bringing new young talent" into the sport so a lot of rulings tend to go their way because people seem to think that will bring younger eyeballs onto the sport. They'll never admit that its almost certainly true.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

italian quid posted:

I also think Red Bull tends to get a way with a lot of poo poo because their marketing narrative completely turns on "bringing new young talent" into the sport so a lot of rulings tend to go their way because people seem to think that will bring younger eyeballs onto the sport. They'll never admit that its almost certainly true.

Have you considered that it's because red bull has done nothing wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Have you considered that it's because red bull has done nothing wrong?

considered and decided that this is not the case