Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Nessus posted:

Yeah, your problem here is mostly that if you let that poo poo have an inch they start sneaking inwards. Soon it becomes okay to say that, it's a sort of edgy joke about criticism of Israel, and then some eager little Nazi (and they do love their word games) starts adding in about how those loving big bankers or rich people, like Mike Bloomberg or George Soros, etc. etc.

There are surely many steps between this and beating Jews in the street. But how many?

i'm telling you how i interpreted the meaning, not excusing the way it was written which was obviously dumb as hell regardless of intent. it was a good probe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Bad Purchase posted:

i'm telling you how i interpreted the meaning, not excusing the way it was written which was obviously dumb as hell regardless of intent
:hmmyes: Fair enough, and I figure you're probably right

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo
Do you pronounce Ye like yay or how it's spelled

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Bad Purchase posted:

maybe i'm being too optimistic, but i read "some antisemitism is actually good" to refer to criticisms of the israeli state that are falsely labeled as antisemitism. in other words, directly related to the sentence that preceded it. a nuanced meaning written in just about the worst way possible.

I read it the same way but yeah it needed a proofread before hitting post

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6EoRBvdVPQ

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Kanye's music is OK, but he's always got that one guy mumbling bad poetry over the songs.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

hosed-Up Little Dog posted:

It is pronounced like "Yay", like it is in the Bible.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

sucks that he stopped being crazy like a brilliant artist and now he's just ordinary crazy :(

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmXkxzLT3TI

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kanye's music is great but always in the third quarter of the songs he launches into an advertisement for ultra male vitality and starts yelling about yggdrassil so I have to turn it all off midway through

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Ye Olde Anti Semitism Shoppe

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Extra Large Marge posted:

Kanye's music is OK, but he's always got that one guy mumbling bad poetry over the songs.

I like his music videos except for that bipolar fella that's always in 'em.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
*anthony fantano listening to the new kanye album where all the lyrics are taken from soil studies of auschwitz* "actually this is refreshingly transgressive"

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

STABASS posted:

*anthony fantano listening to the new kanye album where all the lyrics are taken from soil studies of auschwitz* "actually this is refreshingly transgressive"

No one delousing chamber/should have that much iron

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
All these insanely rich guys surrounded by yes men who never encourage them to get treatment for their mental illness and all they do is rant on twitter. It's almost disappointing that these powder kegs never really explode.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Knayes anti woke ness is fresh. We should all be going to blizz con 3

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

STABASS posted:

and he will still eat poo poo nonstop for another decade for daring to give it lower than a 9

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Kanye really lost it after being demonised by nerds online for sampling some obscure track called "Avril 14th" by some unknown group called "The Aphex Twins".

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

I had to listen to Donda the last time I was getting a tattoo.

like it's trash but well produced trash, and like most trash there's bits and pieces in there that are still edible.

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Kanye [many periods follow] [very long pause] [quick look around at audience faces] wwwwwwwwwwwwww

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Saalkin posted:

I had to listen to Donda the last time I was getting a tattoo.

like it's trash but well produced trash, and like most trash there's bits and pieces in there that are still edible.

Sounds like Kanye has made a career out of polishing his own turds.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Staluigi posted:

Kanye ..... west

Staluigi posted:

Kanye ..................................... west

Staluigi posted:

Kanye ..................................................................................................... west

Staluigi posted:

Kanye [many periods follow] [very long pause] [quick look around at audience faces] wwwwwwwwwwwwww

Maybe it will start to be funny the 9th or 10th time

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
this guy makes korn look like a rapping band

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
In the titular track "Donda" from the album "Donda" named after Kanye's mom, "Donda", the lyrics which say "Donda" are syncopated to symbolize the last heartbeats of Kanye's mom on a cardiomonitor.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I felt that

Edit: because that audio player was in my rear end

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Pajser posted:

who gives a poo poo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Poor Kanye, forever stuck at death con 3 because he doesn't know if he's suppose to go up to 5 or down to 1.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

we are now at DEF JAM 1

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bad Purchase posted:

we are now at DEF JAM 1

RAPPAZ R OFFICIALLY N DAINJA

REPEAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMg6Y89tSkU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Animal-Mother posted:

REPEAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMg6Y89tSkU

Gordon Ramsay: "Finally, some drat good rappers"

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Will Kanye visit the dog house on his white lives matter tour

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/marxincrisis/status/1579216456083853312?s=46&t=95iwI7ll0qiFsD_dxcQ93g

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1579627776231247874

Problem solved

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

this guy is stacking up massive Ls lately

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nessus posted:

Yeah, your problem here is mostly that if you let that poo poo have an inch they start sneaking inwards. Soon it becomes okay to say that, it's a sort of edgy joke about criticism of Israel, and then some eager little Nazi (and they do love their word games) starts adding in about how those loving big bankers or rich people, like Mike Bloomberg or George Soros, etc. etc.

There are surely many steps between this and beating Jews in the street. But how many?

You're being dramatic and getting worked up over nothing. Antisemitism is against the rules in most subforums. If you see it, click "report" and move on. One of our moderators will handle it appropriately.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I'm just going to come out and say it. Recently people have started using phrases here like "posting your Ls" or "take an L" or "stacking up massive Ls" and I have no idea what it means. From context I assume it means to do or say something embarrassing or shameful, but that's just a guess.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I'm just going to come out and say it. Recently people have started using phrases here like "posting your Ls" or "take an L" or "stacking up massive Ls" and I have no idea what it means. From context I assume it means to do or say something embarrassing or shameful, but that's just a guess.

The L stands for Loss/Losses, you're over thinking it.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

this guy is stacking up massive Ls lately

I for one am glad that Elon is solving the wolrds problems one tweet at a time, is there nothing this man can't *faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart* do

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Yaldabaoth posted:

The L stands for Loss/Losses, you're over thinking it.

I don't think I was overthinking it at all. In fact I think I thought exactly the right amount about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Kanye......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... west