Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life

i say swears online posted:

the issue had like a ten-minute segment on npr where the guest said it retroactively puts an asterisk on his entire back catalogue, so that's the discourse rn

I miss the old Kanye, straight from the Go Kanye
Chop up the soul Kanye, set on his goals Kanye
I hate the new Kanye, the bad mood Kanye
The always rude Kanye, spaz in the news Kanye

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i mean idk i'm also jewish i do think it's possible everyone who complained about it in this thread was jewish

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I am not Jewish, as long as we're all stating whether or not we're Jewish.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Filthy Hans posted:

Drake's a mod

:negative:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

josh04 posted:

hosed up that kanye would say "this is that goon poo poo" when if he even has an account it's probably been permabanned

you think kanye would be a gbs guy?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

indigi posted:

you weren't the only white dude talking poo poo

Sir, your monitor, please

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

why not?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

well my mom is presbyterian and my dad is an atheist, so I was raised on Television

e: that being said, I am circumcised so I have options on the table

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Casey Finnigan posted:

i mean idk i'm also jewish i do think it's possible everyone who complained about it in this thread was jewish

I'm ethnically Jewish, it's a small part of my genetic heritage but most of that part of the family died in the Holocaust, I'm never sure how far I'm overstepping when I talk about Jewish issues

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

well my mom is presbyterian and my dad is an atheist, so I was raised on Television

e: that being said, I am circumcised so I have options on the table

If you were raised by tv you’re automatically culturally Jewish, welcome

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you think kanye would be a gbs guy?

actually this was mean, kanye is too funny to be a gbs guy

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Dumpmaster General posted:

If you were raised by tv you’re automatically culturally Jewish, welcome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkLjfPWqeI

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

marquee moon is a seminal album 👍

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"i've got a swede lawyer? she's gonna get everything!!" perfect delivery

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
oh, that's where "getting sweded" comes from?

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
Also as a Certified Jew (has ibs and is annoying) I just don’t care what the man who’s obviously either having a meltdown or trying to get attention thinks about my people and don’t really give a poo poo how many morons online ‘condemn’ the rich guy. Like, yea, ideally I’d like him not to say he’s going “deathcon” on us but I’m also not going to give him what he wants and pretend I feel in any way in danger by him not knowing what the word DEFCON is and I think complete vultures like Silverman who were fine with dumb shock bullshit up until it became more profitable to be faux woke should truly shut their dumb holes and focus on the issues that actually harm our community.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

marquee moon is a seminal album 👍

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Also as a Certified Jew (has ibs and is annoying) I just don’t care what the man who’s obviously either having a meltdown or trying to get attention thinks about my people and don’t really give a poo poo how many morons online ‘condemn’ the rich guy. Like, yea, ideally I’d like him not to say he’s going “deathcon” on us but I’m also not going to give him what he wants and pretend I feel in any way in danger by him not knowing what the word DEFCON is and I think complete vultures like Silverman who were fine with dumb shock bullshit up until it became more profitable to be faux woke should truly shut their dumb holes and focus on the issues that actually harm our community.

All reasonable really, all I said earlier is that maybe now isn't the time to buy any of his albums (I was not at the time aware that he is the only musician)

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
Now isn’t the time because he hasn’t been good since before Life of Pablo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
the life of pablo rocks

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Ye was ok, but he hasn't done anything really great since Yeezus

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

r Kelly is being uncancelled by Tucker

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

tristeham posted:

the life of pablo rocks

Life Of Pablo is fine, it’s Kanye “fine” so it’s still really good but it’s fine.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

the stem player is a goon project

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Nonsense posted:

r Kelly is being uncancelled by Tucker

tucker: skete peterson has skated by too long! authorities reporting he's been found dead at age 28!

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/ecto_fun/status/1579545087859908609?s=46&t=zrjM9RvXl58QeMOZot02NA

imagine getting horned up to the diner scene

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

christmas boots posted:

Ye was ok, but he hasn't done anything really great since Yeezus

his production on Daytona and his 1/2 of It's Almost Dry is p great, and he had some p funny lines on the latter (I used to watch The Fresh Prince and pray the house'd be mine / Could've bought it / But I ain't like the way the kitchen designed)

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

lol

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/1579469552240295936

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

he's not wrong

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Go off king

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

I don't really understand why he's even still answering questions like that, he's been saying the same (correct) thing for decades. just plug your new poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

loquacius posted:

he's not wrong

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

What were comic book sales like in Nazi Germany?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

PerniciousKnid posted:

What were comic book sales like in Nazi Germany?

Poor! Disney comics were allowed for a while, but for the most part, comics were considered American decadence and poor for children's moral character.

Granted, that's also what communists across the world thought for the next 50 years or so. One of the topics that hardline Christians and communists agreed upon. Lots of weird alliances were made.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

American comics as we know them got their start as war propaganda so it's not surprising they wouldn't be particularly beloved in the countries the war was against

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

loquacius posted:

American comics as we know them got their start as war propaganda so it's not surprising they wouldn't be particularly beloved in the countries the war was against

Indeed! This applied to local comics as well, though. Comics in general were heavily campaigned against in a lot of places, for a long time. I read a book about the history of comics censorship and other opposition. Fascinating stuff.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

you got trolled by Silverman, she doesn't give a gently caress about Kanye and was mocking people who were suddenly outraged about his behavior

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Filthy Hans posted:

you got trolled by Silverman, she doesn't give a gently caress about Kanye and was mocking people who were suddenly outraged about his behavior

https://twitter.com/SarahKSilverman/status/1579595508137750529

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

I'm a Bogomil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Sarah you're being ridiculous

We can fix this in editing