Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stultus Maximus posted:

Could someone please publicly, repeatedly punch this guy in the dick?

https://twitter.com/AmbQinGang/status/1578858531012640768

I'm sure there would be a long long line to do so if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

One country 2 systems went so well last time

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

facialimpediment posted:

Third-biggest railway union just killed the tentative railway agreement:

https://twitter.com/JonahFurman/status/1579513805834715136

If they are going to strike, pretty good time for it tbh. Won't be super-political either because it will be in the Congressional lame duck, post-election. And man, as good as the tentative deal was, it really didn't seem to fix any of the outstanding scheduling bullshit that workers have to deal with.

If they strike it will be during thanksgiving week. gently caress my life

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

That Works posted:

genuinely surprised “one country two systems” isn’t on the no-no list. Maybe they don’t know how toxic it sounds now, maybe they don’t care

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Hi, dumbass here, but one country, two systems, sounds like having a colony, and I feel like China having a colony would be...Not good?

Edit: Wait, that would be one system, two countries. What the hell is one country, two systems?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Leave posted:

Hi, dumbass here, but one country, two systems, sounds like having a colony, and I feel like China having a colony would be...Not good?

Edit: Wait, that would be one system, two countries. What the hell is one country, two systems?

China is one country ran with two systems. The PRC and Hongkong. I guess in this case it would be PRC and Taiwan.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Defenestrategy posted:

China is one country ran with two systems. The PRC and Hongkong. I guess in this case it would be PRC and Taiwan.

That's not really the case for Hong Kong any more. That second system has been pretty systematically dismantled.

hypnophant
Oct 19, 2012

Leave posted:

“One country two systems” 一国两制 and “fifty years without change” 五十年不变 are the specific promises made by the Deng government to the people of Hong Kong in preparation for the handover from the British. In particular there were worries that Beijing would interfere with the market economic system, democratic governance, and/or free press that existed in HK as a British territory, and Beijing made assurances that those would not change “for fifty years.” It’s been twenty-five years since the handover and none of those things remain in any substantial form.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

That's not really the case for Hong Kong any more. That second system has been pretty systematically dismantled.

Yeah, there was a spat of brief but intense civil unrest in 2019/early 2020 as Hong King’s Western-leaning youth and intelligentsia fought tooth and nail against Beijing’s diktats. Those that weren’t arrested either fled to the West or are keeping their heads down.

Honestly, gently caress Xi and the CCP. Hopefully they’ll fall sooner rather than later.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
A whole bunch of people got disappeared in HK.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

That Works posted:

Seems to be working out well for Beijing. Which is the only opinion that matters there. I wish I'd been old enough to visit and appreciate Hong Kong when the UK still ran it. Now it's just part of the mainland.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Stultus Maximus posted:

Could someone please publicly, repeatedly punch this guy in the dick?

https://twitter.com/AmbQinGang/status/1578858531012640768

I have to admit, I've gone from no discernible feelings at all to extremely tired of Elon Musk in no time flat.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
absolutely shocked that the man whose entire success is predicated upon his dad being a murderous emerald baron apartheid villain wants a system like this. edit: listen to the Behind the Bastards on Elon, the man won over his first wife by stalking and harassing her until she went out with him. he's just a garbage human being to the quadrillion

also hell yeah The Mets best Mets collapse of my lifetime (so far) let's go Mets! 43m a year and Scherzer blows the two most important starts of the season, love the Mets baby!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

maffew buildings posted:

also hell yeah The Mets best Mets collapse of my lifetime (so far) let's go Mets! 43m a year and Scherzer blows the two most important starts of the season, love the Mets baby!

:hai:

The Bernie Madoff and Bobby B Day legacy continues.

I wonder where it ranks among the best regular season record with the worst playoff run?

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I'm sure the entire country of Taiwan is thrilled at having some pasty rich gently caress from SA/US trying to broker a deal to sell them to an authoritarian regime.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

A.o.D. posted:

Seemingly the only vestiges that remain are the parts that let Hong Kong repeatedly touch the hot iron that is COVID‑19.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

davecrazy posted:

How the gently caress do these guys not have a two weeks on/one week off type schedule?

It's a shockingly worse schedule than the merchant marine, which also moves big piles of crap around.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/status/1579659992948387840?s=46&t=tjNYgmUfl-Q1ENkvPQ0EBQ

On a total vile moron would look at that quoted text and think of something other then a dad who loves his son and wants to help him. So Hannity viewer’s basically.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

slurm posted:

It's a shockingly worse schedule than the merchant marine, which also moves big piles of crap around.

I get day for day vacation and just took unemployment as well. Shits lit.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

lightpole posted:

I get day for day vacation and just took unemployment as well. Shits lit.

Do you know if the LNG fueled boxships in the US are requiring IGF Advanced on the license or is it not fully implemented yet?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Marshal Prolapse posted:

https://twitter.com/noliewithbtc/status/1579659992948387840?s=46&t=tjNYgmUfl-Q1ENkvPQ0EBQ

On a total vile moron would look at that quoted text and think of something other then a dad who loves his son and wants to help him. So Hannity viewer’s basically.

Oh I overheard them a few hours ago going on about the "cannibalism of the iroquois and human sacrifices of ______ (likely aztecs)". Fox news and everyone on it could die in a fire and I'd deem it justice long overdue

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

slurm posted:

Do you know if the LNG fueled boxships in the US are requiring IGF Advanced on the license or is it not fully implemented yet?

Matson and Pasha are not AFAIK. They might for the senior officers but its not that much different once its in the engine. The guys that took the LNG course at our school said it was poo poo and noone has any idea how all this is actually going to work.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

lightpole posted:

Matson and Pasha are not AFAIK. They might for the senior officers but its not that much different once its in the engine. The guys that took the LNG course at our school said it was poo poo and noone has any idea how all this is actually going to work.

With the course you should be able to get basic immediately and then use the partial implementation to coast to advanced if you actually go on those ships and be golden until you explode from not knowing anything I guess

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Milo and POTUS posted:

Oh I overheard them a few hours ago going on about the "cannibalism of the iroquois and human sacrifices of ______ (likely aztecs)". Fox news and everyone on it could die in a fire and I'd deem it justice long overdue

Unlike Christians eating their God every Sunday and burning witches at the stake.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Crab Dad posted:

Unlike Christians eating their God every Sunday and burning witches at the stake.

Christians just nibble and sip tho. Also not enough witches were burned because TikTok withcraft is a thing. Have you forgotten such hilarious posts such as deez (nuts)?

https://mobile.twitter.com/garfpooop/status/1428477234826801154
https://mobile.twitter.com/johndiesattheen/status/1428025518914408461

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Oct 11, 2022

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jesus "Just the tip" Christ

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

time to follow up and see if there were ramifications from that time tiktok baby witches hexed the moon

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

time to follow up and see if there were ramifications from that time tiktok baby witches hexed the moon

From what I understand, moon's haunted.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Oh no. Oh god no. Please don’t go. Oh, no.

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1579788950696185859

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
How'd she get past her primary in the first place?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

4/10. Low effort. See me after class to put an appropriate amount of right wing buzzword nonsense in your tweet.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

bird food bathtub posted:

4/10. Low effort. See me after class to put an appropriate amount of right wing buzzword nonsense in your tweet.

I'd give it 2/10; where's the CRT? Litter boxes in schools?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Good riddance to this shitstained taint.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
So she's not a sitting US Senator, good riddance.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.
I thought she already was a republican

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Milo and POTUS posted:

I was in a loaner car with SXM yesterday and whoever had it last left it on FOX Business. Whoever the gently caress Jackie is was interviewing a retired General (Jack Keane? Doesn't he do FOX?) yesterday about Russia and Ukraine; at one point, Jackie tried to twist his arm into going along with the "WE ARE OWNED BY :ussr: SAY NICE THING ABOUT :ussr:" company line and you could tell he was growing irritated that he was trying to make sense (and was) and she was responding ("I can see that you're insisting on stepping on me, Jackie") with the standard FOX News "Nuh-uh!".

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

My Spirit Otter posted:

I thought she already was a republican

She effectively was/is.

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

CommieGIR posted:

She effectively was/is.

Yea, but i mean officially.

Everything ive heard come from her always made me assume when she was on tv there was an (r) after her name

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

A.o.D. posted:

How'd she get past her primary in the first place?

She didn’t run for Congress again. She tried to run in 2020 for the Presidential nomination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

GD_American posted:

She didn’t run for Congress again. She tried to run in 2020 for the Presidential nomination

And hilariously went on this tweetstorm against Hillary Clinton after she said Gabbard was being groomed by Russia

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1185289629148291078?s=20&t=0P5KoeO_wujln_gAq5mvug