Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

The c (little c) stands for casual!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

lol no

Not until they are in moxfield or somewhere readable and not scgs awful format.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Toshimo posted:

lol no

Corey Baumeister - Urza: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/nMTCxSOsWEGwsYPN3OGqpA

Stephen Green - Rocco: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/6qtGq4aIK0ugi3d_zhJxZw

Jeremy Noell - Haldan and Pako: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/Gdg4JSMcvkOcMuBCe4RJtQ

Jon Suarez - Winota: https://www.moxfield.com/decks/8KPoz5mvO0e3r6OZ9TRYEw

There, just for you.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

Toshimo posted:

lol no

What are the general opinions (or has anyone else even heard of) Archidekt? It's the first online decklist tool I've used, and just used it because my friend told me about it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Archidekt is alrirght but Moxfield is the easiest one to read on mobile and actually show card previews without being picked up as clicking a link.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

generatrix posted:

What are the general opinions (or has anyone else even heard of) Archidekt? It's the first online decklist tool I've used, and just used it because my friend told me about it.

I haven't really used it, so I have no opinion.

SCG's site, however, shows no info beyond card names, is in random order and lumps all artifact/enchantment/sorcery/instant into a "spells" category. It also reads like poo poo on mobile. It's not so much that I like moxfield, as it is that SCG is the worst of all possible options.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

generatrix posted:

Archidekt is what I use as well, and same as far as how I came across it only hearing about Moxfield later on. I like it well enough for what it's supposed to do and don't really have any complaints.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Archidekt was what I used for the few months before Moxfield went active. It's not bad, but Moxfield is just overall better. My biggest gripe was that Archidekt's dark mode and list vs. picture viewers were super glitchy and would revert randomly, especially when viewing other people's decklists. Not sure if they ever fixed that.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

I'm not sure if Moxfield can do it, I just really really really like being able to specify the exact card I'm putting in the deck, lightning bolt 4th ed, Dark Ritual Mirage ed, etc etc etc. Their dark mode is pretty decent and so are the visual stacks. I've tried using it on mobile a few times but I just prefer working on it via PC so I can get the whole layout. That and organizing everything by type and then via casting cost.

Atropha
Nov 17, 2010

You can specify which printing on Moxfield. The only thing I wish Moxfield had was being able to properly search and sort your collection.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Moxfield is everything I wanted from TappedOut and better tbh. Don't really care for Archidekt's layout.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

The only thing Tapped Out still does better than Moxfield is token handling. If Moxfield told you which card in your deck produces each token and how many it makes with one cast/activation I would never load up Tapped Out again

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I wish moxfield had a "stop jacking off" option for people who present decks with as many Japanese strixhaven archives and foils as possible.

Probably wake up every day mad Culling the Weak hasn't been reprinted.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I wish moxfield had a "stop jacking off" option for people who present decks with as many Japanese strixhaven archives and foils as possible.

Hey look as someone with a bunch of Japanese mystical archive cards, I just want to say:

Sorry that I constantly forget what they do because I have a bad memory and can’t read Japanese, yes I am the problem at the table.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I used to buy the cheapest card even if I couldn’t read it. I’ve stopped doing that:(

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Oct 7, 2022

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The only Japanese card I run is Hatred because I just know what that does and it happened to be at the store when I bought it

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It’s dumb you can clone the deck and edit it but.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got my Necron deck, hype to get a chance to try it out.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

The Ruinous Powers deck was a lot cooler than I gave it credit for. As far as fun for messing around that is.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I've been sort of lukewarm on game knights for a while but I watched the 40K episode and the decks looked pretty fun.

Do we know what the reprint policy is for the pre-cons? I would hope that whatever deal GW signed stipulates reprinting for as long as they're selling out, since they have no reason to care about the secondary value of any of these cards

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Tarnop posted:

Do we know what the reprint policy is for the pre-cons? I would hope that whatever deal GW signed stipulates reprinting for as long as they're selling out, since they have no reason to care about the secondary value of any of these cards

MaRo says they can print 'em as long as they want. probably

I believe he had another post about universes within being fine if wotc wanted to print those.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Tarnop posted:

I've been sort of lukewarm on game knights for a while but I watched the 40K episode and the decks looked pretty fun.

It's going to be interesting.

We've already seen that, while WotC's deal with Netflix might go away, along with their ability to reprint Eleven, the Mage, they'll have little trouble keeping Cecily, Haunted Mage in print should they choose.

But, since WotC doesn't have the rights to "Tyranid" or "Astartes" , it could get fucky down the line if they try to reprint Marneus Calgar as, like, Magnus Cole, Warpriest or something, unless it accompanies errata making all Astartes into Humans and all Tyranids into Horrors or Mutants or whatever, and all Necrons into Constructs or Golems. Unlike the humans and zombies in the Walking Dead and Street Fighter SLs, it's the first time we've seen non-WotC copyrighted stuff in creature subtypes. Certainly a solvable problem, but is it the sort they'll bother solving? Hard to say.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do necrons even care about being necrons? All their effects are artifact or artifact creature, aren’t they?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

Do necrons even care about being necrons? All their effects are artifact or artifact creature, aren’t they?

There aren't any lord effects to worry about, but there are cards like Genestealer Patriarch who gives creatures the subtype Tyranid, and Old One Eye and Tervigon, who would make untyped green creature tokens if the Tyranid subtype was removed.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Toph Bei Fong posted:

But, since WotC doesn't have the rights to "Tyranid" or "Astartes" , it could get fucky down the line if they try to reprint Marneus Calgar as, like, Magnus Cole, Warpriest or something, unless it accompanies errata making all Astartes into Humans and all Tyranids into Horrors or Mutants or whatever, and all Necrons into Constructs or Golems. Unlike the humans and zombies in the Walking Dead and Street Fighter SLs, it's the first time we've seen non-WotC copyrighted stuff in creature subtypes. Certainly a solvable problem, but is it the sort they'll bother solving? Hard to say.

MaRo said that any Magicified reprints of the WH stuff would be accompanied by new creature types that map 1:1 to the printed creature types, if they do such reprints at all.

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Boy, I can't wait for Universes Beyond Masters in 2027 where they print Universes Within versions of all the cards that are $100+ because the IP deal ran out :)

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah you could most likely upgrade the Necron deck to be a beat. Trazyn could go infinite with the right setup as his own commander.

But the deck is just so stylish I'm not sure I want to upgrade it lol.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Toph Bei Fong posted:

It's going to be interesting.

We've already seen that, while WotC's deal with Netflix might go away, along with their ability to reprint Eleven, the Mage, they'll have little trouble keeping Cecily, Haunted Mage in print should they choose.

They just added Alien and Robot types in Unfinity, and Astartes would be Knights, probably

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm so loving tired of this game

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

MonsieurChoc posted:

Yeah you could most likely upgrade the Necron deck to be a beat. Trazyn could go infinite with the right setup as his own commander.

But the deck is just so stylish I'm not sure I want to upgrade it lol.

Pili-Palla or Staff of Domination makes him go infinite with a Sol Ring (or any other 2+ mana producer of course.)

Then you have your choice of your favorite infinite mana kill. Walking Ballista, assorted milling stones, etc. You can even do Aladdin's Ring. If you mill yourself first, you can do them all.

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

Heath posted:

Do what I did: Uninstall Areana, sell your shitcards, but continue to watch and support some MTG content if you still like it. Read the non-branded spoilers. You get 75% of the fun of the 'community' of the game and the ghouls at Wizards don't get any of your blood.

Also, play Netrunner instead.

Thom Yorke raps
Nov 2, 2004

Magnetic North posted:

Do what I did: Uninstall Areana, sell your shitcards, but continue to watch and support some MTG content if you still like it. Read the non-branded spoilers. You get 75% of the fun of the 'community' of the game and the ghouls at Wizards don't get any of your blood.

Also, play Netrunner instead.

Or you can Make Playing Cards to play with. For about 50 cents per card, I get double sided foil proxies - the double sided is nice, cause if you get bored of playing Timetwister in your blue deck, flip it around and it's a Wheel of Fortune for a red deck!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Thom Yorke raps posted:

Or you can Make Playing Cards to play with. For about 50 cents per card, I get double sided foil proxies - the double sided is nice, cause if you get bored of playing Timetwister in your blue deck, flip it around and it's a Wheel of Fortune for a red deck!

Maaaaaan, why didn't I think about doubling up like that? Non-foil that comes out to about $0.28 per card* for the 126 card order!

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Silhouette posted:

They just added Alien and Robot types in Unfinity, and Astartes would be Knights, probably
Astartes are more race than class, they're more like Angels or something new like Ascended or Godblood.

If WotC is committed to making them new creature types, they obviously won't be named for anything existing.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
If I didn't enjoy collecting cards I'd sell out and Make Playing Cards of everything I could ever want.

If you aren't interested in the collecting aspect of the game or any prize based play, you'd be doing yourself a favor.

Like, for real. I've been interested in collecting retro games for years, but I've come to realize I really missed the boat on that and it's just not worth it. I recently built a MiSTer and it's my favorite thing in the world right now. MPC is just the MTG version of that.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Infinite Karma posted:

Astartes are more race than class, they're more like Angels or something new like Ascended or Godblood.

If WotC is committed to making them new creature types, they obviously won't be named for anything existing.

I know what a space marine is, ive been a wargamer almost as long as ive been a magic player

Edit: and if anything, they'd be Mutants instead of a new race

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Silhouette posted:

I know what a space marine is, ive been a wargamer almost as long as ive been a magic player

Edit: and if anything, they'd be Mutants instead of a new race
Sure, didn't mean to doubt your bona fides. I meant that Astartes Warrior turning into Knight Warrior would be a deviation from normal templating, nothing about the fiction.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

They're be Newman Knights, obvs

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The perfect race type to go up against the venom spitting mutant lizards Tyranids will be turned into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Heath posted:

Just the Universes Beyond stuff or something else?