Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Kyrosiris posted:

Pretty sure you and my partner are mortal enemies now, given her most recent look. :v:

(she was very excited when I surprised her with that bow, and spent a good fifteen minutes glamming around it)

That is a delightfully garish glam

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Doomykins posted:

My Bard glam bow atm is Augmented Crystarium Composite Bow, which also has a sword. :dance: It's also a bit tricky to dye to match other stuff since the bow and sheath/quiver do different things on a single dye so I made the bow pop as a highlight piece vs the rest of the glam.

That's the strategy I often go for as well. Either a completely different color or the outfit's secondary color that contrasts with the chest's main one. Axes and other large back weapons as well.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Kyrosiris posted:

(she was very excited when I surprised her with that bow, and spent a good fifteen minutes glamming around it)

She's fabulous, but so far big glowy circles/horns and other neon bright weaponry is not for me. :laugh:

Bruceski posted:

That's the strategy I often go for as well. Either a completely different color or the outfit's secondary color that contrasts with the chest's main one. Axes and other large back weapons as well.

A lizzer of quality.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Kyrosiris posted:

Pretty sure you and my partner are mortal enemies now, given her most recent look. :v:

See color saturation is my poo poo, I love this

And drat but doesn't the new fae weapon set just rock all around

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

31 Vault Runs for a Charibert Card.

Surely this will not happen again................... !!!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Doomykins posted:

Can you send cards to people? I know they're market prohibited but can you mail them? I've got two extra just sitting in my inventory I got leveling sch and smn last week

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Nope, all you can do is sell extras for MGP to a Triple Triad vendor in either the Gold Saucer or the Battlehall instance

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Nope. Market prohibited pretty much means it can't be traded away at all.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Doomykins posted:

can't imagine dungeons ever not dropping

I'm so goddamn close :shepicide:

(I also have like 800k mgp, I haven't ground hard enough for cloud plz no judge)

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

just wait (forever) for big cactpot wins

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

getting doma castle in roulette and realizing they're definitely changing the mechanics (and hitbox!) of the last boss when they get to adding duty support to it

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

doma castle is always a harsh reminder that untelegraphed aoes exist and their sole purpose in the game is to penalize me for running around nonstop like a nerd while spamming art of war

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Doomykins posted:

I swear I was in the 40s by the time I got it.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

New Hildibrand lookin good https://twitter.com/thatshadowygal/status/1579510227703300096?s=12

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Also, does anyone have any opinions of the early FF pixel remasters? The first FF game I played was 8 and I want to rectify that blind spot.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GloomMouse posted:

just wait (forever) for big cactpot wins
it's really not so bad, the challenge log pays out, per week:
21.5k for playing enough triple triad (win 10 in battlehall, play open tournament)
2.5k for interacting with minigames (win 100 mgp, play 3)
27k for afk losing 5 lord of verminion bot matches

and that's before mini cactpot/regular cactpot/fashion report!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Beat Jonas of the Three Jobbings 10 times.
Punch Gilgamesh 3+ times(MGP for playing 3 times, MGP for winning X MGP from playing babby games.)
Fashion Report for 60k a week for the cost of vendor trash thanks to Fashion Report.
Jumbo Weekly.
Mini Daily.
Stickerbook Rewards.

That's my weekly mantra. I cleared Dream Triad Cards this week and Bronze/Silver/Gold save for the Gold Super Rares and Lahabrea in Silver. Got Cloud and every other MGP purchase card, so at least some of my hurdles are cleared. Have dozens of Dungeon/Trial drop only cards though. But hey, I learned I can clear Aery in 6 minutes. Vault was 5. Guess I've got my new a few runs a day to do.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
You can also get squadron chemistries that award MGP after a successful mission. If your affinities line up right, you can get something like 12k from a weekly priority mission if you can have four people at 100%, plus however much you can get from other missions.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Consummate Professional posted:

Also, does anyone have any opinions of the early FF pixel remasters? The first FF game I played was 8 and I want to rectify that blind spot.

i played the first one and i thought the enemy graphics were a little small on some encounters but otherwise it was a good experience

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Doomykins posted:

That's my weekly mantra. I cleared Dream Triad Cards this week and Bronze/Silver/Gold save for the Gold Super Rares and Lahabrea in Silver.
good news, you don't need WoL/Zidane for the mount

bad news, they're like 1/200 appearance rate according to the aggregate numbers on the internet (took me about 400 cards to get both so it felt about right)

edit: complaining works! Qitian Dasheng get. Just need Unknown, Mother Porxie, and Guidance Node and I get my hot toast

DACK FAYDEN fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 11, 2022

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Doomykins posted:

I believe in you! Getting my jam-on-toast mount pre-EW was one of my most feel-good moments in this game. :D

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Doomykins posted:

Punch Gilgamesh 3+ times(MGP for playing 3 times, MGP for winning X MGP from playing babby games.)

95% sure that's meant to be Gaius van Baelsar, the Black Wolf (Hence, Cuff-a-Cur).

Also, tiny Odin.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Dareon posted:

95% sure that's meant to be Gaius van Baelsar, the Black Wolf (Hence, Cuff-a-Cur).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doomykins posted:

Beat Jonas of the Three Jobbings 10 times.
Fashion Report for 60k a week for the cost of vendor trash thanks to Fashion Report.
Jumbo Weekly.
Mini Daily.
Stickerbook Rewards.

That's my weekly mantra. I cleared Dream Triad Cards this week and Bronze/Silver/Gold save for the Gold Super Rares and Lahabrea in Silver. Got Cloud and every other MGP purchase card, so at least some of my hurdles are cleared. Have dozens of Dungeon/Trial drop only cards though. But hey, I learned I can clear Aery in 6 minutes. Vault was 5. Guess I've got my new a few runs a day to do.

For triple triad you should go into the battlehall and beat whoever greenhands 10 times instead since it will get you an extra 2 challenges for playing and winning in the battlehall. The battlehall isn't some forced pvp thing.

I think the vermillion challenge only requires that you play 5 games, so you can just lose vs the cpu a few times. I used to do like mission 4, little big beast, since it's fairly quick and easy to clear, but apparently there's a particular mission people use to lose quickly?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Oh thanks, I was putting off trying the Battlehall until the mood hit because I thought it involves others.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Got second place in last weeks TT tournament for the Firion card (and then got another one from the random card packs :argh:) so I'm only missing two more cards now : Lightning (also tournament exclusive) and the one from the lvl 89 dungeon (I'm sure I'll get it whenever I can be bothered to level the Trust NPCs)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm playing through 2 right now on my Steam Deck and it's loving great. The updated spell effects on the old-style pixels is cool as hell and the music is absolutely incredible. I don't even mind the font that so many people seemed to hate.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Good ol' Gregus. I loved the arc where Enkudu piloted Chicken Weapon.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

rantmo posted:

I'm playing through 2 right now on my Steam Deck and it's loving great. The updated spell effects on the old-style pixels is cool as hell and the music is absolutely incredible. I don't even mind the font that so many people seemed to hate.

does it still have the extremely janky leveling system? that's the only thing that put me off of 2 but it feels weird to have a gap in my final fantasy history

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

blatman posted:

does it still have the extremely janky leveling system? that's the only thing that put me off of 2 but it feels weird to have a gap in my final fantasy history

Yeah, but honestly it's not really that bad once you get used to it. Like, just play and your stuff goes up and it's fine.

Ugly John
Jul 18, 2009
[img]https://forums.somethingawful.com/attachment.php?postid=514899866[/img]

They're the best versions of each of those games, tbh. Highly recommend. (They even almost made 2 worth playing)

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/blog/003368.html

Official Scream lyrics are out. I didn't notice any Wild Freaks situation in this one.

RME
Feb 20, 2012

All the pixel remasters (well at least the NES games and 4) are retuned to be much easier, so I doubt you have to think too much about 2s weird system

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tamba posted:

Got second place in last weeks TT tournament for the Firion card (and then got another one from the random card packs :argh:) so I'm only missing two more cards now : Lightning (also tournament exclusive) and the one from the lvl 89 dungeon (I'm sure I'll get it whenever I can be bothered to level the Trust NPCs)
you got any tips? I need the Platinum exclusive cards

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

RME posted:

All the pixel remasters (well at least the NES games and 4) are retuned to be much easier, so I doubt you have to think too much about 2s weird system

I can personally say that the FFV remaster is pretty much unchanged in difficulty. Some mechanics function differently and some bugs are fixed but it's nothing you'll notice unless you're already super deep in the weeds on 5.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yeah I can't tell if FF6PR is actually easier or I was just extremely bad at games when I was 12. Do you have a source on them being rebalanced?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
We were all just extremely bad at games when we were 12.

Vanilla 6 is piss easy. I'm not sure how they could have made it easier.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

IIRC, they made Cyan’s bushido charge independently of controlling him, and might have made Sabin’s Blitzes just a select menu?

RME
Feb 20, 2012

SuperKlaus posted:

Yeah I can't tell if FF6PR is actually easier or I was just extremely bad at games when I was 12. Do you have a source on them being rebalanced?

Sorry 5 and 6 might be as is with no real balance changes outside of bugs (and fixes), which those games were always pretty breezy anyways. but off the top of my head all exp gain is doubled in 4. I think 1/2/3 also take a similar approach but I’m too lazy to see if they changed enemy stats also

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

decided a couple months ago i wanted a simpler WAR axe glam, since i quite liked the "normal fantasy adventurer" vibe of the 6.1 outfit and wanted something to go with it. unfortunately i discovered there was only one glam i really thought fit.

so for the first time i've completed the HW relic grind :toot:

(do wish it, like all axe glams, sat like a foot [fulm?] lower and closer to the center when sheathed, they always look too high up)

Valentin fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Oct 11, 2022