Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

if saudi oil is really tapped, you pivot hard to actually we were irans friend this whole time and rescue them from their social problems with pallets of dollars for everyone willing to take a saudi royals head while we use their oil. big bong so simple.

next we switch koreas

and voila like magic, the women of Iran are rising up against the hijab and need to be rescued from their captors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Proust Malone posted:

and voila like magic, the women of Iran are rising up against the hijab and need to be rescued from their captors

I was going to say, yeah.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!
hey authority

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Proust Malone posted:

Are you saying that Iranian women don't any legitimate grievance on how they are treated by Iranian society?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Fish of hemp posted:

Are you saying that Iranian women don't any legitimate grievance on how they are treated by Iranian society?

I think what was being highlighted is that our government doesn't care a drop about women, or anyone for that matter, and would use this because Iran is the enemy and not for any actual liberation of women.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I'm surprised America isn't busier in Libya. They're still significantly below pre-civil war output levels.

Regarding Poseidon, does anybody know anything about how it is controlled? One thing I noticed with all these mine clearing / pipeline attacking drones is that they're run off a cable.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
undersea acoustic modems are a thing. not sure if they're utilized but they could be to send basic commands

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Weka posted:

Regarding Poseidon, does anybody know anything about how it is controlled? One thing I noticed with all these mine clearing / pipeline attacking drones is that they're run off a cable.

its bluetooth enabled

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Fish of hemp posted:

I’m cynically pointing out that western media focuses on the (legitimate) plight of women in countries that western capital is interested in invading.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Proust Malone posted:

I’m cynically pointing out that western media focuses on the (legitimate) plight of women in countries that western capital is interested in invading.

Nothing cynical about it, it’s basic pattern recognition. If you don’t recognize “Think of the poor women of X”, or “the people of Y cry out for freedom!” as the machinations of a capitalist class looking for resources or people to exploit by now, then I wonder if you wake up every day and put your hand on a hot stove.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Nothing cynical about it, it’s basic pattern recognition. If you don’t recognize “Think of the poor women of X”, or “the people of Y cry out for freedom!” as the machinations of a capitalist class looking for resources or people to exploit by now, then I wonder if you wake up every day and put your hand on a hot stove.

Well you shouldn't just leave the stove on while you're sleeping. That's dangerous!

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

:pubstove:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

skooma512 posted:

I like how this, the G11, and the OICW, were all in Delta Force Land Warrior. Land Warrior itself refers to an Army program to make all the troops have helmet cams and backpack computers and other such futuristic tat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqJ4LIlQO9s

Grandpa Palpatine
Dec 13, 2019

by vyelkin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5VT-ofxdh4

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001

Proust Malone posted:

But it's genocide when china does it.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Fish of hemp posted:

im saying this

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/AnnQuann/status/1578616169669369856

https://twitter.com/AnnQuann/status/1534483449079558144

:3:

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

Who says communism doesn't let people follow their dream jobs?

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 26 hours!

the woman of Jordan, Saudi Arabia, and UAE have it just as bad if not worse than Iranian woman but they’re all friends of the US so it doesn’t matter

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Love these tankies

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
from "The Military History of the Bicycle: The Forgotten War Machine", John Norris

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
i think 3 tons of supplies per day for a 10k strong american force isn't even enough to cover the snacks

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
10k strong American force produces 3 tons of garbage per day

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

wait excuse me?

400 pounds on a bike, that's like 180 kg? that seems physically impossible to my pathetic western legs.
e: oh I see, they pushed them. that makes more sense

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

gradenko_2000 posted:

from "The Military History of the Bicycle: The Forgotten War Machine", John Norris

You might appreciate
RIDING INTO BATTLE: Canadian Cyclists in the Great War

The untold story of how Canadian Cyclists came into their own during the Hundred Days campaign of the Great War.

Canada’s Cyclists spent most of the First World War digging trenches, patrolling roads, and delivering dispatches. But during the Hundred Days campaign at the end of the Great War, Canada’s cycling troops finally came into their own.

At Amiens, Cambrai, and especially the Pursuit from the Sensée, the Cyclists made pioneering contributions to the development of the Canadian Corps’s combined arms strategy and mobile warfare doctrine, all the while exhibiting the consummate professionalism the Corps became renowned for.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Mango Press 🥭🗝 posted:

🇨🇳 #China #PLA

China’s state run broadcaster CCTV has released computer generated images of the J-20 twin-seat stealth fighter controlling a pod of “loyal wingman” Drones

🥭 @mangopress
(from t.me/mangopress/10398, via tgsa)

:awesomelon: buddies

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
fully automated luxury gay sky communism with chinese characteristics

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

double nine posted:

wait excuse me?

400 pounds on a bike, that's like 180 kg? that seems physically impossible to my pathetic western legs.
e: oh I see, they pushed them. that makes more sense

ye

they were cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:
typical gallente design. though that pilot needs to get his skills up, with Drones 5 he could have two more deployed

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Rutibex posted:

:hmmyes:
typical gallente design. though that pilot needs to get his skills up, with Drones 5 he could have two more deployed

Only got 75m3 of drone bay after patch, fuk u ccp

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Wasn't this literally the plot of the 2005 film Stealth?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Rutibex posted:

10k strong American force produces 3 tons of garbage per day

Time to dig a burn pit!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 50 minutes!
could you link up a bunch of bikes in tandem series to pull a heavy load like sled dogs

e: imagine one of those cycle-powered bars you see in cities but instead of kegs of beer it's carrying a howitzer

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin

indigi posted:

could you link up a bunch of bikes in tandem series to pull a heavy load like sled dogs

e: imagine one of those cycle-powered bars you see in cities but instead of kegs of beer it's carrying a howitzer

oscarthewilde
May 16, 2012

I would often go there
To the tiny church there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kVdCaczLE8

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

indigi posted:

i knew some bike people who made a bike bus out of fixed gear bikes, but a howitzer weighs 15,760 lbs not counting ammo and it's 24 ft long. You'd probably need a bike setup with maybe 45 pedaling stations to move the gun and have a durable frame, and i think you would only be able to move it on paved surfaces. Maybe everyone can carry a bag lunch and a couple shells on their backs while they pedal.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/AnnQuann/status/1580788317473320960

https://twitter.com/AnnQuann/status/1580788755148832768

Vietnam's got their own missiles and some industry for it. Definitely a far cry from when it had to import more complex stuff but still not quite making carrier killers or S-300s.

https://twitter.com/AnnQuann/status/1577238406114836481

Bonus rations in a can.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Hatebag posted:

i knew some bike people who made a bike bus out of fixed gear bikes, but a howitzer weighs 15,760 lbs not counting ammo and it's 24 ft long. You'd probably need a bike setup with maybe 45 pedaling stations to move the gun and have a durable frame, and i think you would only be able to move it on paved surfaces. Maybe everyone can carry a bag lunch and a couple shells on their backs while they pedal.

The svelte M777 is a mere 4.2 tons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

why is vietnam posting so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Do people ever refer to people doing mandatory service in western and western adjacent armies like the German military or the IDF as conscripts?