Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
man putin played musk like a loving fiddle, what an embarrassment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

That sounds like it could be a Logan act violation?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan_Act

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Cimber posted:

Is musk a US Citizen?

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

Flikken posted:

Is musk a US Citizen?

Naturalized, yeah.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Cimber posted:

I don't think he was claiming to negotiate on behalf of the United States.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
Does have a bunch of government/military contracts though. So could very well jeopardize them.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Roblo posted:

Does have a bunch of government/military contracts though. So could very well jeopardize them.

Smoking weed should jeopardize clearances etc also but last I heard that didn't change.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Works posted:

Smoking weed should jeopardize clearances etc also but last I heard that didn't change.

The fact it was even being looked at, should make this incident a laser target for an investigation.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Marshal Prolapse posted:

The fact it was even being looked at, should make this incident a laser target for an investigation.

Agreed, but is the "richest man on the planet" going to be forced to play by the same rules as the rest of us? The world wonders.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Marshal Prolapse posted:

True, but when we drop off a wedding present or a donation to MSF, it's due to incompetence and negligence vs intentional or malice. I mean in the end, it's still the same outcome, but it's not the intentional goal. I know big consolation that hey we didn't mean to pink mist your wedding on purpose. But there is something just infinitely worse then planning to kill civilians as an operation goal, in the post WWII era.
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1579846373054509058?s=20&t=UBFL9ztZ9d-Pf0YoflfYow
Haha get hosed KSA and a big shoutout to my POS brother in law who works for them!

Reevaluation process:

"Hey Bob, we still need oil right?"
"Yes Mr president"
"Welp. I tried."

The energy revolution cannot come fast enough. Avoiding climate apocalypse is great but I have to admit that not having to bend to lovely despots squatting on oil resources appeals to me quite a lot.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

"ABF comrades.

A, always.
B, be.
F, fragging.

Always be fragging. ALWAYS BE FRAGGING!"

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Blistex posted:

"ABF comrades.

A, always.
B, be.
F, fragging.

Always be fragging. ALWAYS BE FRAGGING!"

Yo that's my quake 3 arena strategy

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Have none of you fuckers heard of the GE Trivection Oven™

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Russia really needs to bring the fifth heat.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Soul Dentist posted:

Have none of you fuckers heard of the GE Trivection Oven™

Alec Baldwin will always be Jack Donaghy in my mind.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I only watched 30 Rock for Kenneth.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

psydude posted:

If I want to be nice to him I'd say Jack Ryan.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

psydude posted:

Alec Baldwin always plays Alec Baldwin in movies and TV, he's never anything else.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

orange juche posted:

Alec Baldwin always plays Alec Baldwin in movies and TV, he's never anything else.

So a prick?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

A murderer

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hopefully one with at least manslaughter charges by year's end.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:hai:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's hollywood. He'd serve 3 nights for manslaughter and be out cursing at the paparazzi before lunch on the 4th day.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

If I want to be nice to him I'd say Jack Ryan.

He was a better Jack Ryan than Harrison Ford. The character works better as a nerd in way over his head than as an action hero. The Hunt for Red October is the only thing that ever came out of Clancy that was worth a drat.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Lemniscate Blue posted:

He was a better Jack Ryan than Harrison Ford. The character works better as a nerd in way over his head than as an action hero. The Hunt for Red October is the only thing that ever came out of Clancy that was worth a drat.

Nerd in over their head?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Hopefully one with at least manslaughter charges by year's end.

Shouldn't the safety/firearms coordinator be the one drawing that charge?

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

A.o.D. posted:

There's enough blame to go around.

He'll get off, though. John Landis was far, far more negligent in killing three people and went free (and continued to make movies)

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

A.o.D. posted:

He also hired the idiot who claimed to have been a safety/firearms coordinator

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

CainFortea posted:

He also hired the idiot who claimed to have been a safety/firearms coordinator

Oh, he was a producer on the movie? Yeah he can definitely enjoy some liability.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It was the armorers' first solo job, so yeah, she deserves a slice as well for negligence. Don't care who her daddy is, she clearly works carelessly.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/russophiliac/status/1579838033867997185?s=20&t=ElB4lytzCiWfenKWpLItBg

Not getting my hopes up, but I appreciate the appropriation.

Можем повторить - "We Can Do It [winning WW2] Again" has become one of Putin's propaganda slogans in recent years.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
The Russians need a famine if they want to repeat 1917.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Lemniscate Blue posted:

The Bear and The Dragon is a very good military comedy.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

A.o.D. posted:

The Russians need a famine if they want to repeat 1917.

With all the sanctions and embargoes and people fleeing Russia that… might not be entirely inaccurate. At least in regards to many other things, if not wheat.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1579809352130891776
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1579809356715298816
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1579809359789715456
https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1579809373333114880

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

True, but when we drop off a wedding present or a donation to MSF, it's due to incompetence and negligence vs intentional or malice. I mean in the end, it's still the same outcome, but it's not the intentional goal. I know big consolation that hey we didn't mean to pink mist your wedding on purpose. But there is something just infinitely worse then planning to kill civilians as an operation goal, in the post WWII era.

There was a marine who used to post here that had a story about a long halt. Long story short, the convoy commander called in a jdam strike on two dudes who were just blowing each other in the wrong culvert

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

My Spirit Otter posted:

There was a marine who used to post here that had a story about a long halt. Long story short, the convoy commander called in a jdam strike on two dudes who were just blowing each other in the wrong culvert

Also I suspected it was a fabrication but after seeing the reaction to the drone drop on the blowjob Russians, I don't know.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

My Spirit Otter posted:

I always thought they were legit targets, they were just blowing each other (ie had weapons or poo poo nearby). Of course I could be totally wrong.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

This will just allow Vlad to install new teachers who will teach curriculum from The 1917 Project to the kiddos, in which the Soviets won the Cold War and are the mighty power they've always been, just with a new flag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Vengarr posted:

The Bear and The Dragon is a very good military comedy.

I could not get through that goddamned book.