Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gS2NmaCHU

p3 mc is simply the best. apologies to femc for being up against him instead of yu or joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013

Harrow posted:

Yeah, Hashino moved on after base P5 was done to start making a medieval fantasy RPG that I don't think there have been any other announcements about yet.

The extra Royal content was directed by someone else and it shows IMO.

Yeah my Royal playthrough is coming off the back of an original one I cut short. You really can tell a difference with the new content. Was wondering if that was just me. Makes me hopeful for whatever comes next.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the new content in p3p was also directed by someone else and ken aside most of the new s. links are way better than original p3's

SpiderLink
Oct 3, 2006
I like that in P3, you can take a poo poo and improve your condition.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Persona 5 Strikers has the best plot because it’s not too long and since the calendar stuff is simplified it isn’t horribly paced

Also you don’t have to sit through everyone getting to know each other it’s just a full group dynamic from go

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I didn't like how Strikers played so I dropped it at the first boss. RIP!!!

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Stux posted:

5 is better than 4 and 3 is better than both

:amen:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I never played P4G so I'm excited to play it on switch, but I'm more excited to play P3P again.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
I will say all the new poo poo in royal is probably the best modern personas every been and included the first final protagonist you could possibly give a poo poo about but royal is still bogged down by all the original p5 writing so it's overall worse than 3.

P2 and P2 still the best tho.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am just sad Violet didn't get into Strikers

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I think purely in terms of writing and ideas the series has not reached the heights of the 2 duology.
Gameplay you can easily argue for the later ones.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hatty posted:

Aigis always seemed too cool to be a mascot but I guess she is

yeah she's in the dance logo like teddie and morgana

also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0e07WXxrMI

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ImpAtom posted:

agreed

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

SpiderLink posted:

I like that in P3, you can take a poo poo and improve your condition.

Sadly your teammates have perpetual constipation.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

ImpAtom posted:

I think it’s funny that her and Sophia have similar designs despite the games being made at the same time

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Stux posted:

5 is better than 4 and 3 is better than both

I agree, SMT5 is better than SMT4 and SMT3 is better than both

Speaking of which, lol at the idea of vinyl video game soundtracks but the artwork is very cool.
https://personacentral.com/smt-iii-vinyl-merchandise/

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

minako > yu > minato > joker

what the hell kind of thief goes to prison and serves his time because the da asks him to. pathetic

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

studio mujahideen posted:

what the hell kind of thief goes to prison and serves his time because the da asks him to. pathetic

One who stands around with his mates in public going GOD drat IT RULES TO BE A PHANTOM THIEF

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

kirbysuperstar posted:

One who stands around with his mates in public going GOD drat IT RULES TO BE A PHANTOM THIEF

Everyone gives Ryuji poo poo for this but hell, the boy's right, being a Phantom Thief is loving awesome.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The main weird thing is that they aren't actually doing anything in the real world, it should be impossible to pin a crime on them. Like, the Phantom Thieves do not actually exist.

Edit: I mean, other than the conspiracy that controls the government and can do whatever it wants. But they don't know about that at first.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Clarste posted:

The main weird thing is that they aren't actually doing anything in the real world, it should be impossible to pin a crime on them. Like, the Phantom Thieves do not actually exist.

Edit: I mean, other than the conspiracy that controls the government and can do whatever it wants. But they don't know about that at first.

The police get brought into the Metaverse and literallu catch him in the act.

That said they can't actually charge them without a confession which is why the framing device is Sae trying to get one

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I'm talking about whether their fear of revealing themselves in public is rational or not. For like 80% of the game they have no reason to believe that they could get in trouble for mind-crimes.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

studio mujahideen posted:

They're not really rebels and they're not really thieves which is kind of P5 in a nutshell. People expected some anti-authoritarian screed and that is just not what P5 was ever meant to be. Brainwashing for the greater good was the most morally ambiguous thing they did and they made sure to drop that.

Yu at least is pretty funny. That is a distinct memory I have of when I first played P4. He had so much more life than P3 guy. Get sucked into a TV World and your hopeless friends ask what to do? "We're doomed." Teddie bites you? "My finger hurts..." Yu has sassiness like Bunny from DeSu 2 vs. boring, blue-haired headphones-wearing kid. (How weirdly similar they are in design always stood out to me ever since I first played Devil Survivor)

I remember when I first played Persona posters on here stressed that Minato is not lacking in personality, it's just that his personality is being an awkward, quiet kid with no social skills. Fine. But from FeMC's universal popularity, and how even people who hate DeSu 2 seem to like his dialogue options, I think having a more lively choice of dialogue like they and Yu get is very welcome.

NikkolasKing fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Oct 15, 2022

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The day Atlus makes a game with a protagonist that isn't silent is the day Hell freezes over.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mraagvpeine posted:

The day Atlus makes a game with a protagonist that isn't silent is the day Hell freezes over.

Soul Hackers 2 came out like a month ago

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Mraagvpeine posted:

hell froze over in 1994, then :v:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I just randomly decided to watch Cronenberg's The Fly last night and it took me until the second half of the movie to realize how big of an inspiration it was on Megaten's fusion system.

I'll never look at a Slime in the same way again :stonk:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Soul Hackers 2 came out like a month ago

Too bad it was thoroughly mediocre (unlike Ringo, who deserved a better game).

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Lifelong Smt fan eager to play smt for first time

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NikkolasKing posted:

They're not really rebels and they're not really thieves which is kind of P5 in a nutshell. People expected some anti-authoritarian screed and that is just not what P5 was ever meant to be. Brainwashing for the greater good was the most morally ambiguous thing they did and they made sure to drop that.

Yu at least is pretty funny. That is a distinct memory I have of when I first played P4. He had so much more life than P3 guy. Get sucked into a TV World and your hopeless friends ask what to do? "We're doomed." Teddie bites you? "My finger hurts..." Yu has sassiness like Bunny from DeSu 2 vs. boring, blue-haired headphones-wearing kid. (How weirdly similar they are in design always stood out to me ever since I first played Devil Survivor)

I remember when I first played Persona posters on here stressed that Minato is not lacking in personality, it's just that his personality is being an awkward, quiet kid with no social skills. Fine. But from FeMC's universal popularity, and how even people who hate DeSu 2 seem to like his dialogue options, I think having a more lively choice of dialogue like they and Yu get is very welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4gS2NmaCHU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

minato/makoto ftmfw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the male p3 protag is very popular too.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

P3 just seems popular across the board.. no idea how much that applies to younger fans however.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

P5 has great gameplay but a really bad script that goes on forever so story wise I prefer p4

Those are the only smt games I've finished, I was hoping to finish SMTV but it was pretty boring imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

u might be too stupid for smt, apologies. try rick and morty first and then ocme back

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Finally playing through P4G after owning it for many years.

I really, honestly hope that whichever dev decided this fishing game was a worthwhile addition AND that it would be required for maxing one of the more useful social links lost their job and was then abandoned by their family. loving hell this is a pile of bullshit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
The fishing in Golden is way better than it was in original, trust me

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

A Bystander posted:

The fishing in Golden is way better than it was in original, trust me

Poking around a bit I think the problem may be input lag with the PSTV/DS4 combo. I'll slap everything in an actual Vita tomorrow and give it a try, but I'm done for the evening because right now this stupid minigame is draining away the enjoyment I've had playing the rest of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Well I'm glad you're enjoying the rest of the game. If it's any consolation, I beat the game twice and don't remember ever bothering with fishing at all.

Any favorites in terms of characters or S Links?