Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

And hilariously went on this tweetstorm against Hillary Clinton after she said Gabbard was being groomed by Russia

https://twitter.com/TulsiGabbard/status/1185289629148291078?s=20&t=0P5KoeO_wujln_gAq5mvug

Someone should stuff her in a box and mail her to Abu Du....I mean Moscow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
What’s hosed is Tulsi is on active duty as a Civil Affairs officer down at Fort Bragg. She had an active TS SCI. On the bright side, it makes us PSYOPers having the dude who started the Temple of Set not seem so bad.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

What’s hosed is Tulsi is on active duty as a Civil Affairs officer down at Fort Bragg. She had an active TS SCI. On the bright side, it makes us PSYOPers having the dude who started the Temple of Set not seem so bad.

It's a shame treason requires us to be at war with an enemy. We'd sweep up so much shitheads.

Also isn't there a way to revoke her poo poo? Like hell I'll call her unit and ask them who I need to call for that. I wouldn't be shocked if they said, "oh god thank you."

Speaking of traitors the US Supreme Court apparently said undated mail in ballots can't be counted in PA.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

[DAWNING OF THE FINAL DAY]

The Fat Bear Week Finals are today. Which Ubiquitous Ursine Will Reign Supreme!

https://twitter.com/KatmaiNPS/status/1579866821486084096

https://explore.org/fat-bear-week

Vote Early. Vote Often Once

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brute Squad posted:

[DAWNING OF THE FINAL DAY]

The Fat Bear Week Finals are today. Which Ubiquitous Ursine Will Reign Supreme!

https://twitter.com/KatmaiNPS/status/1579866821486084096

https://explore.org/fat-bear-week

Vote Early. Vote Often Once

I think 747 filled out better and also Dummy THICC.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

She's yet another entry in Facey's Law of Lieutenant Colonels - something about that rank tends to turn people into complete loving nutbags, or expose what was already there, but supressed. Also makes me wonder just how much money you can make as a replacement-tier level Fox News B-lister celebrity.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

She's yet another entry in Facey's Law of Lieutenant Colonels - something about that rank tends to turn people into complete loving nutbags, or expose what was already there, but supressed. Also makes me wonder just how much money you can make as a replacement-tier level Fox News B-lister celebrity.

What rank was Ashli Babbit?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Marshal Prolapse posted:

SrA

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Marshal Prolapse posted:

She apparently was in for 14 years and only made Senior Airman (E4), but was only active from 2004-2008. Probably a similar weedout gate exists between Air Force Senior Airman and Staff Sergeant where you just get looked at harder. Then maybe domed in the Capitol.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

facialimpediment posted:

Seems true of equivalents too

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

facialimpediment posted:

She apparently was in for 14 years and only made Senior Airman (E4), but was only active from 2004-2008. Probably a similar weedout gate exists between Air Force Senior Airman and Staff Sergeant where you just get looked at harder. Then maybe domed in the Capitol.

:lol:

So basically she was the Air Force version of Armchair Warlord?

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Seems true of equivalents too

You’re a rank late. The field grade lobotomy happens at O4. It’s amazing how many people think a year or two of command makes you some sort of military genius. Staff officers all of sudden think they know better and send good ideas to the company commanders that inevitably make their lives worse. LTC is just an extension of that.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Traitor 1st class.

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I have you considered her entire existence is a deep cover psyop :downsa:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Me: this stupid sprain is keeping me from doing the things I want to do, I wish I could change out my legs or something

Zuckerberg: I HAVE A PRODUCT FOR YOU

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1579901944293834752?t=66PpF_opx4yY4k6nnLeu0Q&s=19

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

facialimpediment posted:

Me: this stupid sprain is keeping me from doing the things I want to do, I wish I could change out my legs or something

https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1579901944293834752?t=66PpF_opx4yY4k6nnLeu0Q&s=19

If I can’t be a cyborg or a Minotaur I don’t even care.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

You’re a rank late. The field grade lobotomy happens at O4. It’s amazing how many people think a year or two of command makes you some sort of military genius. Staff officers all of sudden think they know better and send good ideas to the company commanders that inevitably make their lives worse. LTC is just an extension of that.

This is just what happens when hunting for good OER bullets has good career outcomes. The current officer career track just incentivizes this kind of behavior.

Company commanders have no shortage of "good ideas" to torment their troops with themselves.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Don't kid yourselves that this exact poo poo is limited only to the military.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Of course, but in the military you can't vote with your feet and go somewhere else. You're stuck with the poo poo.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Oh hey, looks like we did in fact alter that asteroid's orbit by quite a bit, shortening its orbit around the parent body by a half hour.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Midjack posted:

Oh hey, looks like we did in fact alter that asteroid's orbit by quite a bit, shortening its orbit around the parent body by a half hour.

Ha! I love this poo poo. Just a few years ago I had a co-worker say that something like this was impossible. It's not like we had to invent technology to do this, we just had to try.

I can't wait for space mining and blowing huge rocks out of the solar system.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ASAPI posted:

Ha! I love this poo poo. Just a few years ago I had a co-worker say that something like this was impossible. It's not like we had to invent technology to do this, we just had to try.

I can't wait for space mining and blowing huge rocks out of the solar system.

If it leads to O'Neill Cylinders and Gundams then I am so here for it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Midjack posted:

loving rad. This cursed timeline does have a few moments that aren't half bad.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
Up next: intercontinental asteroid wars :hellyeah:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
We've all seen the Expanse, and it was a bad enough situation even before aliens.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Angela Lansbury has died. RIP

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Thwomp posted:

Now who will keep all those folks from being wrongfully accused?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
I’m waiting for the OG Mobile Suit Gundam experience to happen.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Thwomp posted:

Murder, She Croaked

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

facialimpediment posted:

Murder, She Croaked

Holy poo poo

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Who doesn't appreciate a good government shakedown before their flight?

https://apnews.com/article/police-lawsuits-race-and-ethnicity-77e938ed070a74947a83c89d0cf9f426

quote:

Comedians Eric André and Clayton English are challenging a police program at the Atlanta airport they say violates the constitutional rights of airline passengers, particularly Black passengers, through racial profiling and coercive searches just as they are about to board their flights....

..Police records show that from Aug. 30, 2020, to April 30, 2021, there were 402 jet bridge stops, and the passenger’s race was listed for 378 of those stops. Of those 378 passengers, 211, or 56%, were Black, and people of color accounted for 258 total stops, or 68%, the lawsuit says.

Those 402 stops resulted in three reported drug seizures: about 10 grams of drugs from one passenger, 26 grams of “suspected THC gummies” from another, and six prescription pills without a prescription from a third, the lawsuit says. Only the first and third person were charged.

Those 402 stops also yielded more than $1 million in cash and money orders from a total of 25 passengers.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

facialimpediment posted:

Murder, She Croaked

Angela Dunksbury

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Arrath posted:

Who doesn't appreciate a good government shakedown before their flight?

https://apnews.com/article/police-lawsuits-race-and-ethnicity-77e938ed070a74947a83c89d0cf9f426

Bird up!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Mustang posted:

This is just what happens when hunting for good OER bullets has good career outcomes. The current officer career track just incentivizes this kind of behavior.

Company commanders have no shortage of "good ideas" to torment their troops with themselves.

Nothing is worse than an O4/O5 gunning for a promotion.

Terminal O4/O5 who have accepted it are the chillest. :coolfish:

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Don't kid yourselves that this exact poo poo is limited only to the military.

Which is why I am eternally happy that my chosen career is literally a dead end job. No possibility of promotion for me or any of my co-workers.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

facialimpediment posted:

I know there isn’t anyone who can veto that weirdo but such a mistake for Zuck to make himself the face of the Metaverse. He isn’t a well liked figure and makes a lot of fence sitters consider it a strange vanity project and not a serious platform.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea he's like, The Anti-Charisma personified

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

The whole world loves Mette, the young Scandinavian girl going on adventures of joy and discovery in the Metaverse!

<five seconds later>

We regret to inform you that an examination of leaked internal Facebook marketing emails has revealed that “Mette” is a reskinned version of Mark Zuckerberg in a dress that was originally developed as an inside joke.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
It really is a death cult.

https://twitter.com/FLSurgeonGen/status/1578515633159180289

https://twitter.com/ddiamond/status/1579892184307810304

https://arstechnica.com/science/202...qP-2ktRgZuu9XEU

This guy needs his license and degree revoked.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I want to say many things, but I don’t want a sixer, so I’ll just state I 100% agree with your point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I want to say many things, but I don’t want a sixer, so I’ll just state I 100% agree with your point.

Wuss