Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Mock of the Week is ending? Goddamn, the country really is in trouble if they have to cut back on panel shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Homeless Friend posted:

lol all western countries siphon off people like doctors, engineers and what not. open borders has always existed when it comes to any profession that requires significant investment

how weird the west keeps siphoning the rich and talented from the global south while how teaching the poors on how 'democracy' on their unindustrialized scrap pile is gonna improve everything

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Gripweed posted:

Mock of the Week is ending? Goddamn, the country really is in trouble if they have to cut back on panel shows.

sorry, even fake pressure-valve dissent has gotta go

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Gripweed posted:

i watched one of the recent ones and was quite surprised how much they went in on starmer

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Gripweed posted:

Don't worry, they'll keeping making Have I Got News For You for ever & ever.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Homeless Friend posted:

lol all western countries siphon off people like doctors, engineers and what not. open borders has always existed when it comes to any profession that requires significant investment

weird trick is that the UK does this and still has a doctor shortage

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Switzerland likes to brag that they can't be racist because they have he highest percentage of immigrants in Europe (which is true and it's something insane like 25% of the population) but the immigrants are 99% doctors and dentists lol

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Weka posted:

Taking a knee doesn't imply supplication, it's commonly used in a sports context when you are trying to get a team close together to listen. You are thinking of bend the knee.

oops, that's the one. thankfully, it's been a while since i've heard anyone using it in the context of blm at least.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

nawilo_420 posted:

Switzerland likes to brag that they can't be racist because they have he highest percentage of immigrants in Europe (which is true and it's something insane like 25% of the population) but the immigrants are 99% doctors and dentists lol

I think Oprah had an incident there

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/melissasigodo/status/1579878305213612037
worked for covid

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Homeless Friend posted:

Yes but Britain explicitly pays agencies to recruit people and has medical exam centres in several large 'historically aligned' poor countries.

This is okay because it's not the government itself doing the recruiting you see, they just pay people who do it for them.

e: Though when asked directly they admitted it's not okay. They will still continue to do it though.

That is very different from immigration rules that allow qualified people to immigrate if they jump through hoops and spend bunch of money. Instead the agencies often fund them in exchange for future repayment, hence the whole slavery bit in the article (why not double-dip and screw over the migrants too).

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Oct 11, 2022

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Gripweed posted:

It's terrible these days.
Tame as poo poo word puns.
Watched it the other week, and the audience were audibly shocked by one going '73. The number of days you wait for an ambulance'.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1579880923398799360?s=20&t=Jd-X7UvITSDLZ7poRGeTGg
https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1579880927018504192?s=20&t=Jd-X7UvITSDLZ7poRGeTGg

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Just in time for Keith to gently caress up the handling of the cases

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

al jazeera committing a murder with this headline

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1579895354962677770?s=20&t=Jd-X7UvITSDLZ7poRGeTGg

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol just what we need during a massive cost of living crisis

https://twitter.com/shashj/status/1579904789080870913?s=20&t=Jd-X7UvITSDLZ7poRGeTGg

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
for gently caress sake

China's been the target from the start so it's not surprising but the pacing of hosed up. I expected like two decades of steadily degrading relations but gently caress it, lets do it now. The rest of the world needs to get its act together and strangle the west because this is never going to stop.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Steven_Swinford/status/1579908537974595584
https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/1579914091749314561

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

China is the only hope for TERF Island, which means we are all absolutely hosed

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the called the man who bailed out the rich Bailey

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

nawilo_420 posted:

don't forget the bankers and pharma execs (and me, none of the above but also a skilled laborer)

also it's nearly impossible to investigate/measure systemic racism in Switzerland:

"Unlike many other OECD countries, the Swiss Federal Statistical Office does not collect any data on racial identity or ethnic identity.[22] Data is collected on country of birth, but as the OECD write "In general, collecting migration-related information on the foreign-born population and their children is a crude method for capturing diversity."

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

euphronius posted:

nominative determinism

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

euphronius posted:

Oh no are we in a Hideo Kojima game?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Anglo hubris of the 'sooo what leverage do we have' flavor is some of the funniest poo poo ever

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Private Speech posted:

Yes but Britain explicitly pays agencies to recruit people and has medical exam centres in several large 'historically aligned' poor countries.

This is okay because it's not the government itself doing the recruiting you see, they just pay people who do it for them.

e: Though when asked directly they admitted it's not okay. They will still continue to do it though.

That is very different from immigration rules that allow qualified people to immigrate if they jump through hoops and spend bunch of money. Instead the agencies often fund them in exchange for future repayment, hence the whole slavery bit in the article (why not double-dip and screw over the migrants too).

honestly, respect. the OG's are ahead of the curve. fully expect this to be implemented more widely lol. getting em with debt before they're even on a plane is inspired. copied the cartel or something

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lol at the sub under the headline giving the game away

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/1579944091390857217?t=sqCocrxb5gFQozMXu2at9w&s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
no no I said a wind tax, in the fall

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
One of these days Truss is going to quit and then pull a George Costanza and walk in the next day to Number 10 saying "no I didn't"

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

https://twitter.com/josiahmortimer/status/1580127145028128768?t=PbpBZjf597bQXXIJzhddTA&s=19

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1580061621916905472

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Truss and Kwarteng followed this with statements about how the tax cuts are staying and no austerity cuts!

RIP your entire financial system come friday.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Sounds like the cops are causing disruption to me, time to shut them down sorry that's just the law

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Mr Hootington posted:

Truss and Kwarteng followed this with statements about how the tax cuts are staying and no austerity cuts!

RIP your entire financial system come friday.

IMF did another round of criticism on their comments too

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I thought the whole point of the Westminster system was to have elections when the government was unpopular and can not do anything

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

exciting to see just how demented the tories have gotten

johnson was a massive sleaze and his cabinet was full of idiots, but even they didn't manage to gently caress things up quite this badly. it's rather impressive in a weird way

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

gonadic io posted:

IMF did another round of criticism on their comments too

In the last half?

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 13:11 on Oct 12, 2022

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

https://twitter.com/Drooan/status/1580164139208450049

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

V. Illych L. posted:

exciting to see just how demented the tories have gotten

johnson was a massive sleaze and his cabinet was full of idiots, but even they didn't manage to gently caress things up quite this badly. it's rather impressive in a weird way

His cabinet was full of idiots and it only gets worse the further down the Tories get just like labour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

euphronius posted:

I thought the whole point of the Westminster system was to have elections when the government was unpopular and can not do anything

funnily enough it's the government that gets to choose when to have an election, soooo