Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I'm trying the Ultimate Military achieve so I need to have Nepal spawn. If I vassalize a minor with nepalese culture, feed them the provinces they need and release them they should form correct? And then I can just revassalize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Deccan seems to appear every single game I played post-patch, did they change its requirements? I had never seen it formed before except by decision when playing Mughals, and definitely not by the AI.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Scandinavia used to have way worse NIs than Sweden as well. I am guessing you get to keep the SWE ones or the SCA ones are better now.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I need someone to tell me what the good idea groups are these days. Like Espionage seems p good now?

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Tahirovic posted:

Scandinavia used to have way worse NIs than Sweden as well. I am guessing you get to keep the SWE ones or the SCA ones are better now.

They didn't have ideas.
Now:

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
That idea set is insane. Like. I don't even think Anbennar has an idea set that has anything as broken as AE, GPM, Discipline, ICA, and max Abso all in one.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
if they swapped the cavalry poo poo and the absolutism with morale and force limit mod thatd be the best idea set in the game closely followed by Nepal/Prussia

Mr. Grinch fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Oct 6, 2022

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

The fun thing with the absolutism is I was running like 7 estate privileges and still had a max of 109 :v:

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
"If combine our greatest virtues -- invincible Swedish armies, bold Swedish leadership, tough Danish boats, uh, optimistic Norwegian sailors, and... affordable Finnish horses, we could be so much more than we are"

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

I need someone to tell me what the good idea groups are these days. Like Espionage seems p good now?

It's still dependant on what you need and your current position.

Admin/Diplo are top tier if you intend to blob at all, Quality/Offensive are generically good military ideas still, Innovative can be strong if taken early because it saves you mana in getting institutions quicker and reducing tech costs. Quantity is the one I'm wondering the most about since it did just nerfed but it was one of the best before.

Espionage is good but not good enough to pick immediately. Most of the power there lies in the siege ability boosts and the AE reduction. Definitely a nice pick once you've gotten past the early game but I don't know if I'd pick it early.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
very contextual but ive generally been doing Inno, Aristocratic, Quality in that order. with 100 inno you can take mil techs on time for like 250 points, and the inno/quality policy for ICA is great

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

espionage is still a worse use of diplo points than diplomacy and influence, and i think that if you presume you're taking diplomacy first the AE reduction in espionage feels like overkill - you already bleed AE very fast as long as you focus on improve relations bonuses to some degree. seems niche still, but less so than it was before since less AE is always nice to have even if you don't need it and siege ability is huge.

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I find with just Diplomatic alone, you can still face AE problems especially since Diplo gives you province war score cost reduction. Diplo + Humanist might make Espionage overkill in that regard but if you're expanding that fast, you're likely starved for admin points. But yeah, Espionage's a military idea set in a diplo slot.

I've been curious about Aristo as well since the 1.34 changes but I haven't really had a chance to try it out yet. I'm not usually fond of cav heavy nations because they're so expensive so the cost reduction for cavs getting increased is definitely neat.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

I've been playing around with humanist a bit, the tech group does feel comfy to play with but still hard to justify verse inno, eco, or admin. It also feels way overkill if you get diplo ideas.

I think with the nerfs to eco inno is probably the top admin idea group now, the 100% innovation along with tech cost reductions mean more points to spend on deving which is better then ever with the buffs to centralization, expanded infrastructure and court houses. Also increases crown land which has some buffs for having lots of it.

Diplo still king of diplomatic ideas and whatever you want in mil, defense feels better now that moral matter again.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
For those on the fence about Inno, the +1 free policies idea isn't one free policy, it's one free policy in every group - so three. This is amazingly powerful, as you might expect.

Taking Inno, Offensive and Espionage, the inno+off policy and watch forts just melt.

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
Inno + Espionage is a very potent combo and there's a good argument for opening with those ideas in regions where AE is a concern. In addition to the siege bonuses you also have -40% advisor costs, which stacks with any other cost reductions like the -25% from estates, so you can easily improve mana generation in the early game when it matters the most.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Teutonic Order is loving stupid fun.

+70% Cav combat ability and 110% cav to inf ratio :sickos:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength
I do believe it is possible to form a Holy Horde Poland, now.

But yes, even without doing that... your horses just trample all over the Ottomans, while outnumbered, in the 1500s when the Ottos are supposedly the strongest.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

56 forts??

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kild posted:

56 forts??

AI spams the gently caress out of forts

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Scandinavia doesn't have +siege leader pip national idea, F-tier country.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Very specific anbennar question(s)

Trying out Shattered Crown, the orc tag that starts in the old dwarven capital. Because orcs don't count as a subterranean pop, wouldn't it be smart to change capital to something above ground, to skip the hefty -50% tax and production penalty? Would migrating the capital to a conquered goblin-majority dwarven hold work?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Jay Rust posted:

Very specific anbennar question(s)

Trying out Shattered Crown, the orc tag that starts in the old dwarven capital. Because orcs don't count as a subterranean pop, wouldn't it be smart to change capital to something above ground, to skip the hefty -50% tax and production penalty? Would migrating the capital to a conquered goblin-majority dwarven hold work?

You get special upgrades for the holds that make it worthwhile to hold them. On top of that SC is more of a story-tag where you're meant to burn your way through the mountains in search of Answers. The tax and prod malus is per hold so conquering goblin/dwarven holds will have them not have the malus but your orc ones still will. But really the war camps are well worth it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Their mission tree also requires you to setup plunder camps in multiple holds which are mutually exclusive with digging.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

To clarify a lil: Sometimes some of the events that trigger from setting up a plunder camp offer to give some dev to your capital, but if my capital has a -50% malus, it seems very wasteful. Would changing capital to a goblin-majority hold fix that (remove the malus), or would the new capital suddenly become orc majority and keep the malus?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Whats the point of playing the orcs whose entire core premise is arrogantly squatting on the former mighty capital of dorfkind if youre just going to make it a regular hold?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Also the dwarovar trophies and other stuff.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Jay Rust posted:

To clarify a lil: Sometimes some of the events that trigger from setting up a plunder camp offer to give some dev to your capital, but if my capital has a -50% malus, it seems very wasteful. Would changing capital to a goblin-majority hold fix that (remove the malus), or would the new capital suddenly become orc majority and keep the malus?

The malus requires a non-oppressed majority of dwarves, goblins or kobolds and is a local modifier. The only way to remove it is to fulfil those requirements. If you move you capital to a new hold with a goblin majority, the new hold will not have the malus, but all your other orc holds holds will still eat the penalty.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
To play Anbennar right now, do you need to roll back to 1.33?

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

JosefStalinator posted:

The indev bitbucket version works fine on 1.34 you just may run into random bugs. If you want the stable version then yeah you'd need to roll back.
https://bitbucket.org/JayBean/anbennar-eu4-fork-public-build/downloads/?tab=branches

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm never playing with 1.33 combat again

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

Firebatgyro posted:

I'm never playing with 1.33 combat again

Yeah that was why I was asking - 1.34 is such a huge improvement.

Rynoto posted:

The indev bitbucket version works fine on 1.34 you just may run into random bugs. If you want the stable version then yeah you'd need to roll back.
https://bitbucket.org/JayBean/anbennar-eu4-fork-public-build/downloads/?tab=branches

I'll try this - thanks!

EDIT: Oh god im a tech illiterate though, we'll see if I can get it to work.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Speaking of which, there used to be a having this dlc unlocks THIS in anbennar section on the mod page, but I cant find it and googling for it has some kinda outdated information, any help?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

There is this but it's outdated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_JrSD9y96_s6VjK1zLgzTpcZKlD1FbEqI03-nMmLs3Y/edit

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Thanks!

Side note:
There's a religion in Anbennar called Corinite, that uses a version of the Buddhist Karma mechanic from the base game, and I noticed that I wasn't losing "karma" for annexing provinces in a war, when it apparently is supposed to give -1 per dev. I tested it in base EU4, and sure enough, I didn't lose any karma either after conquering 10 dev worth of land, despite the tooltip clearly stating that I should be losing some. Is it a bug, or is it a fix, because Buddhism sucked when it punished you for taking provinces? I skimmed through some of the recent patch notes from 1.30 on, and there's no mention of this change. What's going on here

Good news for Buddhists, but bad news for Corinites, because Corinite already gives away lots of good karma (just being at peace and having positive stability adds to your karma income), and so now it's extremely difficult to NOT have TOO MUCH KARMA!

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Oh, that explains my last Marrhold run, I'd just chalked it up to Paragonhood gain being way too high

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Not a stackwipe or anything but there's something hilarious about winning a battle being outnumbered 6 to 1 :v:

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
Exploitable AI flaw in 1.34, until the devs figure it out: more aggressive AI, fine; but for some reason the AI does not realize that attacking the vassal of someone who is a tributary subject will also bring the tributary overlord into the war. With the tributary subject as war leader.

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
To wit: Ryukyu start, noCB Sarig Yogir, vassalize. Immediately got attacked by both Kara Del and Kham; both also Ming tributaries, beat both with some mercs and loans. Annexed Kham, vassalized Kara Del. Fine.

Then, Chagatai immediately attacked Kara Del, and got Mingstomped. Free gold mine for me. Oirat might be next except Ming just attacked them first because gently caress you.

AI is pretty psychotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Groke posted:

Exploitable AI flaw in 1.34, until the devs figure it out: more aggressive AI, fine; but for some reason the AI does not realize that attacking the vassal of someone who is a tributary subject will also bring the tributary overlord into the war. With the tributary subject as war leader.

I had Bohemia attack hungary PU'd to the Commonwealth and allied to me alone fsr in my last sweden game