Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xcheopis

I bought a large quantity of cbd drinks, ranging crom 10-30 mg cbd, to try for lazy days at home (the 10mg ones I can sip all day at work.)
Some of them, including all the 10mg, are sweetened with monk fruit. The taste is horrifying. So is the aftertaste. I had to dilute with regular sparkling water and add real sugar to get it palatable. Just loving disgusting.
They boast about being "all plants" and I want to point out to them that sugarcane is a plant, so maybe go with that instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tebulot

im hip now bois

Stoner Sloth posted:

not sure if it would help but there's a relatively new allergen immunotherapy approach that consists of taking pills once a day with a very, very tiny amount of allergens. was just recently reading about a study over several years by monash university that suggested it can prevent hayfever in some people long term

might be worth asking a doc about?

here's an abc article about it:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-03/hayfever-breakthrough-daily-treatment-monash/101496448

drat, that's fuckin cool

Thanks for the heads up, I'll definitely look into that

Heather Papps

hello friend

goldmining a thread is like emptyquoting but exponentially more satisfying.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

I bought a large quantity of cbd drinks, ranging crom 10-30 mg cbd, to try for lazy days at home (the 10mg ones I can sip all day at work.)
Some of them, including all the 10mg, are sweetened with monk fruit. The taste is horrifying. So is the aftertaste. I had to dilute with regular sparkling water and add real sugar to get it palatable. Just loving disgusting.
They boast about being "all plants" and I want to point out to them that sugarcane is a plant, so maybe go with that instead.

in my experience liquid.... drinkables(?) are better taken in small volumes with the same level of dosage. the ontario cannabis store sells lil shots, which are tiny, and are much easier to manage than a whole can of some weird rear end stuff. you can drop said shots into a class of soda or whatever, they work pretty well. i mostly stick to chocolate for my edibles tho, but those are full spectrum or whatev, not cbd only. a lady at work tried explaining to me that i should only consume cbd, because that's medicinal, and not thc, because that's recreational, and i had to nod and say "good point" instead of breaking out some weed science and also emphasizing that i have a hosed up brain, and the way things interact with it are different than a more normal brained person.

cbd is very useful if the things it does are what you want. so is thc. it's a good plant. none of mine have shown indications that i should harvest, yet, but if we get into a few days in a row of frost i'm gonna have to harvest.

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

in my experience liquid.... drinkables(?) are better taken in small volumes with the same level of dosage. the ontario cannabis store sells lil shots, which are tiny, and are much easier to manage than a whole can of some weird rear end stuff. you can drop said shots into a class of soda or whatever, they work pretty well. i mostly stick to chocolate for my edibles tho, but those are full spectrum or whatev, not cbd only. a lady at work tried explaining to me that i should only consume cbd, because that's medicinal, and not thc, because that's recreational, and i had to nod and say "good point" instead of breaking out some weed science and also emphasizing that i have a hosed up brain, and the way things interact with it are different than a more normal brained person.

cbd is very useful if the things it does are what you want. so is thc. it's a good plant. none of mine have shown indications that i should harvest, yet, but if we get into a few days in a row of frost i'm gonna have to harvest.

Not all of them are terrible and I bought them specifically because I don't want to take 30mg midday at work. Tinctures and edibles and capsules are for taking before bed, the drinks are for a relaxing day (or, "a little more relaxed because sometimes job stress is messing with me").

Heather Papps

hello friend

xcheopis posted:

Not all of them are terrible and I bought them specifically because I don't want to take 30mg midday at work. Tinctures and edibles and capsules are for taking before bed, the drinks are for a relaxing day (or, "a little more relaxed because sometimes job stress is messing with me").

this makes sense. my downstairs neighbours niece runs a weed drink company (https://www.greenmonke.ca/) and she gave me a couple of theirs to try, and some were good but at least one was so gross that i had to chug it and chase with water. i really should take a tolerance break and do some math to figure out what level of edibles is good and functional and what level is i forget everything and spill things and post very strange threads because that line is thin.

it's tricky these days! i went to grab flower recently and they had 50 dollar ounces, and i have 4 plants almost ready to be harvested. i can theoretically consume as much as i want but i am really just trying to manage my poo poo and occasionally get very high for fun.

Ohtori Akio
i quit a while back but dry vapes are win as hell, and then you got a pile of abv to work with. failing that, sublinguals rule

Heather Papps

hello friend

Ohtori Akio posted:

i quit a while back but dry vapes are win as hell, and then you got a pile of abv to work with. failing that, sublinguals rule

i lent a friend my vapour genie so she could try it for anxiety and it didn't work, but i've never gotten it back and now haven't spoken to her since pre pandemic and i should reach out to her, not about the weed tool but about the fact that she's married and has a kid now.

and also buy a new genie or some battery powered thing

xcheopis

Heather Papps posted:

this makes sense. my downstairs neighbours niece runs a weed drink company (https://www.greenmonke.ca/) and she gave me a couple of theirs to try, and some were good but at least one was so gross that i had to chug it and chase with water. i really should take a tolerance break and do some math to figure out what level of edibles is good and functional and what level is i forget everything and spill things and post very strange threads because that line is thin.

it's tricky these days! i went to grab flower recently and they had 50 dollar ounces, and i have 4 plants almost ready to be harvested. i can theoretically consume as much as i want but i am really just trying to manage my poo poo and occasionally get very high for fun.

My collection is mostly all cbd, with a couple tinctures that are 30:1 & 40:1. I also have drinks that have 2mg thc but those are not for work!
I'm pretty bummed about this monk fruit thing. Tastes worse than aspartame, which is going the distance from my point of view!
My tolerance for cbd is definitely going up but so long as it still helps me sleep I will be taking it.

Prof. Crocodile

Man oh man this thread moves fast. Can someone catch me up on the past 100 pages or so? Did Chewbecca survive the floods? Did the lurkers ever post?

more falafel please

forums poster

by posting, the lurkers become posters

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

Bad Video Games

I wouldn't mind a little cbd or thc, but it's not feasible. We bought a few edibles for the wife but they didn't help enough with her fibromyalgia and they're so darn expensive. A medical card wouldn't do us any good because we're on State insurance, which isn't exactly medicaid, and it's not going to help cover the cost. Can't grow our own either, because it's my in-law's house and he's a full on retired double cop.

Prof. Crocodile

more falafel please posted:

by posting, the lurkers become posters

As the prophecy foretold!

baka of lathspell

hope everyones doin ok

Ohtori Akio

Heather Papps posted:

i lent a friend my vapour genie so she could try it for anxiety and it didn't work, but i've never gotten it back and now haven't spoken to her since pre pandemic and i should reach out to her, not about the weed tool but about the fact that she's married and has a kid now.

i had a storz+bickel plenty for a minute there and hoo mama that thing puts out vapor and creates abv

xcheopis

Walla posted:

I wouldn't mind a little cbd or thc, but it's not feasible. We bought a few edibles for the wife but they didn't help enough with her fibromyalgia and they're so darn expensive. A medical card wouldn't do us any good because we're on State insurance, which isn't exactly medicaid, and it's not going to help cover the cost. Can't grow our own either, because it's my in-law's house and he's a full on retired double cop.

I had a medical card (not state issued), which helped with cost. It's still ridiculous, though. The high cbd/very low thc works well for helping me sleep and helping reduce some of the morning inflammation. I usually have 40-90mg cbd/1-2mg thc about an hour before bed and it's been worth it just to fall asleep sooner and wake up less often.

Finger Prince

Heather Papps posted:

Arizer makes some really excellent and quite well priced vapes especially from their store.

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Finger Prince posted:

Arizer makes some really excellent and quite well priced vapes especially from their store.

keep an eye out for black friday from them direct

last year I got an Arizer EQ (big desktop like a volcano) and Solo (handheld battery guy) for I think less than the portable would normally be

extremely happy with both and they're still going strong

Robot Made of Meat

Such a sweet pupper! I just want to scritch her and give her tasty treats!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Robot Made of Meat

Finger Prince posted:

I met a horse today. His name is Beau and he's 30 years old and retired. He seemed to like the taste of my jacket.

Horses are good to meet.

Robot Made of Meat

Viginti Septem posted:

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they were using it earlier and didn't take it off. But it was very much on a camera that was attached to a tripod and set to film the fireworks.

Maybe I should invest in a flash for my Sony... I like natural light but my class has me doing a project centered on the self and I feel I may need some fill light for it. Hm, got me thinking.

Fill light is much more important than most people realize, even in broad daylight.

I'm sure you know this, but I'm posting it anyway.

Robot Made of Meat

Ohtori Akio posted:

it's great stuff. i love a dollop on top of curry or chili.

I've always loved sour cream. Greek yogurt can almost always stand in for it with good results . . . as long as it's not fat-free. You need at least a little fat to make it smooth and creamy instead of lumpy and depressing in most recipes.

idiotsavant
my clueless neighbor backed directly into my car ("oh im so sorry my back window is really dirty and i couldnt see well") and it's scraped up enough i think im just gonna let insurance deal with it ughhhhhh

also looking at her car she has like 4 big dings all over the back bumper & rear corners maybe you should wash your rear window dummy

Robot Made of Meat

Andoman posted:

Today has not gone as expected. I used my first aid training for real for the first time. My partners mother went into respiratory arrest twice and I had to resuscitate her twice. She is in hospital and doing well now. I feel a bit weird about it all.

You are more amazing than you can realize.

Ohtori Akio

Robot Made of Meat posted:

I've always loved sour cream. Greek yogurt can almost always stand in for it with good results . . . as long as it's not fat-free. You need at least a little fat to make it smooth and creamy instead of lumpy and depressing in most recipes.

the 5% f-slur yogurt is my one true love

Robot Made of Meat

Not to bring the chat down, but I was saddened to hear that Angela Lansbury passed away today. She was an amazing actress, and did so many wonderful things.

But, it's hard to say that 96 isn't a drat good run!

B33rChiller

Ohtori Akio posted:

the 5% f-slur yogurt is my one true love
Only yogurt related slur I've heard started with a k, I believe.
You seem to have a peculiarly unique perspective on F words (I caught a bit of slur chat in qcs)

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Ohtori Akio

B33rChiller posted:

Only yogurt related slur I've heard started with a k, I believe.
You seem to have a peculiarly unique perspective on F words (I caught a bit of slur chat in qcs)

I am one and I enjoy to use it with friends who feel the same way.

Here's the yogurt I was talking about, which I smile at every time I see it and every time I eat it:

B33rChiller

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Not to bring the chat down, but I was saddened to hear that Angela Lansbury passed away today. She was an amazing actress, and did so many wonderful things.

But, it's hard to say that 96 isn't a drat good run!

She was a real one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE7icznIxLc Beauty, grace, and taking care of yourself at every age.

Dr. Honked posted:

Robot Made of Meat

Ohtori Akio posted:

Here's the yogurt I was talking about, which I smile at every time I see it and every time I eat it:

"Let's choose a brand name guaranteed to cause unease and misunderstanding for everyone. Any suggestions?"

Heather Papps

hello friend

aka

Ohtori Akio
It's really, really good yogurt.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i thank ineffable light every day i don't have any biological constraints on the food i eat, more or less. no allergies, no wheat or dairy problems. it is so nice to munch on a dinner and not worry.

Shifty Nipples

I would read that like sage/mage/wage etc

Thanks Plant MONSTER. and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss and deep dish peat moss

Robot Made of Meat

Ohtori Akio posted:

It's really, really good yogurt.

Oh certainly. It's just . . . marketing.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i have a close pal who will take lactaid and then eat ice cream and sometimes i want to tell him to just take drugs, they are usually a one step process.

B33rChiller

Ohtori Akio posted:

Absolutely LOL. I've never seen that before.
Yeah, I got where you're coming from, but it's not my word to use. I thought in this instance you were saying "fat" is a slur, and you don't want to use it (5% F-slur kinda reads as 5%fat), but in the other thread you proudly owned another F-slur.

Dr. Honked posted:

Ohtori Akio

Shifty Nipples posted:

I would read that like sage/mage/wage etc

fa-ye i believe

Heather Papps

hello friend

Ohtori Akio posted:

fa-ye i believe

fay-ge is how i read it. when i say it out loud it sounds like a person from quebec saying the mean word

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller

Heather Papps posted:

i thank ineffable light every day i don't have any biological constraints on the food i eat, more or less. no allergies, no wheat or dairy problems. it is so nice to munch on a dinner and not worry.

nice omnivore privilege. :wink:
IME, it's way better to know something causes problems than to ignorantly bumble along, wondering what's causing those pains.

I'd might guess at a pronunciation like phage. Lactophagic!

Dr. Honked posted: