Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Wife and I both had a cold this week, so seemed like a good time to make some chicken soup.

I actually did this in the pressure cooker. It was super fast and easy. Will be doing it like that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

Lovely evening to sit out on the deck here in Columbus. Made some lentil soup and crunchy bread to dip in it and spiced some mead.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

How bad of an idea is it to generously pour ghost pepper sauce onto a cheese quesodilla? I plan to sleep and am both worried about being miserable for awhile til bed and possibly having heartburn not letting me sleep?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

nesamdoom posted:

How bad of an idea is it to generously pour ghost pepper sauce onto a cheese quesodilla? I plan to sleep and am both worried about being miserable for awhile til bed and possibly having heartburn not letting me sleep?

its definitely an idea

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Borsche69 posted:

its definitely an idea

I'm close to bed, tried some the sauce, and decided that i really don't wanna cry myself to sleep. I'm gonna do this thursday and let my brother smoke weed and laugh at me on skype.
I'll get some pix of the food then and let everyone know how much I regret it.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Gotta build your way up to spicy tolerance over a few days. I’ve got some 120,000 scoville ghost pepper sauce.

If I just put a couple drops on a taco out of the blue it will be pretty drat hot. Almost too hot to enjoy the taco. But if I have a little bit of it here and there for a few days, it definitely takes the edge off the spice.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Gotta build your way up to spicy tolerance over a few days. I’ve got some 120,000 scoville ghost pepper sauce.

If I just put a couple drops on a taco out of the blue it will be pretty drat hot. Almost too hot to enjoy the taco. But if I have a little bit of it here and there for a few days, it definitely takes the edge off the spice.

I go through a bit of hot sauce(weaker ones) and I've been thinking it'll be easier to throw alil bit in something and spread it rather than have to dump a bunch in. I just wanna hurt myself with it once and then be reasonable after that. I think it'll go well next time I get a torta or make burgers.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

nesamdoom posted:

I go through a bit of hot sauce(weaker ones) and I've been thinking it'll be easier to throw alil bit in something and spread it rather than have to dump a bunch in. I just wanna hurt myself with it once and then be reasonable after that. I think it'll go well next time I get a torta or make burgers.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

Will do. I've ran a few tests to see the heat levels so i got an idea of what to expect and my last bathroom trip was warm.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

nesamdoom posted:

I'm close to bed, tried some the sauce, and decided that i really don't wanna cry myself to sleep. I'm gonna do this thursday and let my brother smoke weed and laugh at me on skype.
I'll get some pix of the food then and let everyone know how much I regret it.

you are sincerely a smarter and more responsible man than i.

i probably would've tried to drink my way through the heartburn. dont do that.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

for :canada: thanksgiving:

fried squab. recipe: https://thewoksoflife.com/chinese-fried-pigeon-squab/

Thoht
Aug 3, 2006

Hot drat!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Don’t judge me but I took Spanish rice, cooked ground beef, sour cream, cilantro, roasted salsa, diced tomato, shredded cheese, avocado, lime juice and canned refried beans and mixed them in a bowl to serve as homogenized burrito filling

Im tired of breaking out seven delitainers and spooning them one by one into the tortilla

fart store
Jul 6, 2018

probably nobody knows
im the fattest man
maybe nobody even
people have told me
and its not me saying this
my gut
my ass
its huge
my whole body
and i have been told
did you know this
not many know this
im gonna let you in on this
some say
[inhale loudly]
im the hugest one.
many people dont know that

Steve Yun posted:

Don’t judge me but I took Spanish rice, cooked ground beef, sour cream, cilantro, roasted salsa, diced tomato, shredded cheese, avocado, lime juice and canned refried beans and mixed them in a bowl to serve as homogenized burrito filling

Im tired of breaking out seven delitainers and spooning them one by one into the tortilla

It might be better and almost as easy to keep your hot ingredients separate from your cold ingredients.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Just like the McDLT

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
Veggies Wellington for Canadian Thanksgiving.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Professor Wayne posted:

Just like the McDLT

Imagine a Taco Bell DLT burrito that comes out flat with hot on one side and cold on the other and you have to roll it up yourself

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

a dozen swans posted:

Veggies Wellington for Canadian Thanksgiving.

this looks awesome.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Fried rice!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

We were in the mood for lamb, but my wife wasn’t feeling turd-shaped food. Lamb burgers for her and kofta for me.

Hit them with some homemade tzatziki and chopped up some tabouli. drat good night for gyros.

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Made noods

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Fried eggplant. My frying has improved drastically since I started letting breaded food sit for a while before frying. Maybe soggy breading crisps up and holds on better than a breading that has separate wet/dry layers

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
my gf is in vegas for a conference. this was her meal at the end of the conference "pool side gala"

edit: this was at the mirage

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Oct 21, 2022

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Please tell me there was gravy

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

tarbrush posted:

Please tell me there was gravy

if only she could be so lucky

like my mom was a bad cook when i was a kid in the 1980's and she's been a great cook for decades at this point but even as a dumb 10 year old in 1990 I'd look at that plate and be like "c'mon man"

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

my gf is in vegas for a conference. this was her meal at the end of the conference "pool side gala"

Semi-curious to know which conference this was, those meals always come down to the conference host's budget - if the food is dire, it means the host decided to spend less. I used to go to Vegas every year for an IBM conference, and the difference in F&B quality was noticeable between IBM's good and bad years.

Edit: I'm not advocating you name the conference, not trying to doxx - just curious to know who's skimping on conference meals in Vegas these days.

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Keeping it real tonight... hotdogs and black garlic fríes

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Are those smashed up potato chips on top of the hot dog? :wth:

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009

Toe Rag posted:

Indeed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Toe Rag posted:

that makes a real great crunch.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Semi-curious to know which conference this was, those meals always come down to the conference host's budget - if the food is dire, it means the host decided to spend less. I used to go to Vegas every year for an IBM conference, and the difference in F&B quality was noticeable between IBM's good and bad years.

Edit: I'm not advocating you name the conference, not trying to doxx - just curious to know who's skimping on conference meals in Vegas these days.

It was a D&I conference. I only posted that cuz the other conference meals she shared looked really good. Weird to end on such a low note

And yeah I’ve been in that boat too. Some conference food is just dire

edit: and a long time ago i used to work with websphere and db2 so I feel your pain

Feisty-Cadaver fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Oct 22, 2022

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Toe Rag posted:

This is also great with sub sandwiches. Crunch 'em up and sprinkle 'em in there.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

I love potato chips with a hot dog, but I never imagined combining into one single amazing bit.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

White bread, mustard, ham, cheese, layers of Doritos or Lays. Oh yeah baby that’s childhood.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ogarza posted:

Keeping it real tonight... hotdogs and black garlic fríes

man, I been loading up on carbs all week, and had a fancy hotdog for lunch earlier, but would still demolish all of that in a heartbeat.

Feisty-Cadaver posted:

...man, poo poo's really dire when you look at a plate and wonder if you can borrow a stove in a kitchen real quick.

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

did brecky the other day.
swiss, cheddar, bacon, spinach, tomato, and pickle.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Diner beware, you're in for a scare!

In the spirit of the season, it's

:ghost::ghost::ghost:SPOOKY HALLOWEEN CARBONARA:ghost::ghost::ghost:

Featuring homemade orange (tomato paste) and black (squid ink) pasta.

Development
Jun 2, 2016

Snake Maze posted:

Diner beware, you're in for a scare!

In the spirit of the season, it's

:ghost::ghost::ghost:SPOOKY HALLOWEEN CARBONARA:ghost::ghost::ghost:

:eyepop: this rules

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Made oyakodon again. No photos, phone ded.

Starting to see the option sliders for this dish. The bigger your cooking vessel, the more dashi you need, the more dash you need means you either need to reserve some of the liquid back, or add an extra egg, otherwise you get a lot of soup and not a lot of brothy egg.

Or just reduce the dashi more, but that makes the scallions disintegrate, so I need to change that out to onions or leeks, but since I'm using Hondashi powder, I may as well use a smaller cooking vessel and start with half the water with the same amount of powder.

Like I said, sliders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM killed Masen

That looks awesome. I would need to take a nibble to check if I was eating something horrid before diving in.