Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

MetaJew posted:

I saw a guy with some variant of the Tesi in 2014 or 2015 at the very first motorcycle track day at cota.

The guy was with a group that has driven up from Mexico and brought their own mechanic with them. They had mooooooney.

We still get the interior, rich Mexicans at the COTA track days but they almost exclusively bring Ducatis now. (They still bring the mechanics).

Found it:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

The tank of that thing looks like it pokes into your stomach in a very annoying way.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

The idea is you're never sitting there like a fat sack of potatoes. When you're on the straights you're tucked in with your rear end right up against the back of the seat well away from the tank, when you're doing anything else you're half off the seat with your leg hooked under the sticking out part.

I believe that's bimota's aborted moto2 pattern bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have literally never seen a Tesi moving. I’ve seen them in person, but never being ridden

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I have literally never seen a Tesi moving. I’ve seen them in person, but never being ridden

Schrodinger’s motorcycle

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

This guy got an actual lol from me:

e: also I really dig the paint job on that FZ1 at the bottom

Slide Hammer
May 15, 2009

FBS posted:

This guy got an actual lol from me:

e: also I really dig the paint job on that FZ1 at the bottom

Impressive train shot on that Hornet.

Which website is that?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Slide Hammer posted:

Impressive train shot on that Hornet.

Which website is that?

Facebook Marketplace.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I don't think I'd pay $2700 for a clean one

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

That is truly a long story short.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
New year, new bargains

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/mld/mcy/d/silver-spring-triumph-rocket-roadster/7574683997.html

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Dorkseid.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Car tyres front and rear :psyduck:

Not to worry though

quote:

Stock rim in front curves the tire so its very easy to steer.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Needs a big motorized pizza launcher and a holster for your numchuks

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did an AI draw that?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Two running VTR 250s for $2500. Mighty tempting.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3246421705625861/

LimaBiker
Dec 9, 2020

Oh i would SO get that white one. God i need it.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Did COVID market break my brain, or does this seem like a decent deal for a clean bike:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I guess I didn't realize that GasGas is owned by KTM now-- since it appears they're importing/selling 2 different bikes under 3 different brands, with the defining characteristic being the paint job?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Husky at least have different suspension tuning to the ktm version

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

You can have 3 different flavors of some reliability issue.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Russian Bear posted:

You can have 3 different flavors of some reliability issue.

Every time I think about buying a KTM I remind myself that my last one was terribly unreliable. (Unclear if it was due to lovely previous owners + an accident or just KTM quality).

Would be really cool if an R9 (SP?) came out soon so I could just buy a japanese bike that will probably be reliable and good.

The Aprilia dealership tried to tell me that they've ironed out all the issues with the RS660, but I'm still seeing recent posts about oil consumption, among other issues.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

MetaJew posted:

Every time I think about buying a KTM I remind myself that my last one was terribly unreliable. (Unclear if it was due to lovely previous owners + an accident or just KTM quality).

Would be really cool if an R9 (SP?) came out soon so I could just buy a japanese bike that will probably be reliable and good.

The Aprilia dealership tried to tell me that they've ironed out all the issues with the RS660, but I'm still seeing recent posts about oil consumption, among other issues.

You should try one of their dirtbikes.

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

builds character posted:

You should try one of their dirtbikes.

or LC8 :henget:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MetaJew posted:

The thing is, moron PO's are a constant. Yeah they vary from person to person but on the whole they are massive idiots who will break and destroy anything they can reach regardless of what they ride.

Japanese bikes by their nature suffer far less from PO damage. Imo that is in itself an aspect of quality.

GriszledMelkaba
Sep 4, 2003

the cast wheels for the gasgas 690 sm version are cool in a really stupid way

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

GriszledMelkaba posted:

the cast wheels for the gasgas 690 sm version are cool in a really stupid way

Yeah those stood out to me.

I'm too lazy to look this up: does only the KTM run WP suspension? What forks and shocks does Husky and GasGas use?

It would seem to me, to avoid multiple part numbers the variants might have different cartridges or spring rates, but I don't know anything about modern forks. My SV is ancient.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Husky run wp with different valving and springs etc

No idea about gas gas

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Husky run wp with different valving and springs etc

No idea about gas gas

On dirt bikes, huskies have linkage and ktm have PDS (obviously it's not consistent because why would it be but generally that's true).

Also on dirtbikes it goes gas gas --> ktm --> husky --> ktm six days, in terms of niceness and expense.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Husky dirt bikes seem more enduro focused while ktm are more towards mx/sx, though afaik every modern ktm dirt bike runs a linkage now I thought?

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Slavvy posted:

Husky dirt bikes seem more enduro focused while ktm are more towards mx/sx, though afaik every modern ktm dirt bike runs a linkage now I thought?

Gas Gas (I think) and Husky (I know) are all linkage. Then KTM MX/SX is all linkage. I think the XC-F/woods models are also linkage but would have to double check, but the street legal models are still PDS. And frankly I think having your suspension sprung for your weight and tuned is a much bigger deal than linkage vs. pds unless you're an A rider (and even then...).

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Yeah absolutely.

I know the 2t exc's are definitely linkage nowadays but I almost never see street legal actual ktm dirt bikes, people just do the easy thing and get a 690. Or a 390 lol

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1112412219710403

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol that guy rules

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
the forehead tattoo is supposed to say "damaged," not "damage." ffs

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

John 'the joker' leguizamo

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is :discourse: av material

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

the forehead tattoo is supposed to say "damaged," not "damage." ffs

It actually reads "domage", as in French for "too bad"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Slavvy posted:

John 'the joker' leguizamo

I'm pretty sure that's Dennis Reynolds.