Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

when you play the game of thrones *makes a Holding poo poo In Whimper* you win.. or you die. *duck walks to the shitter*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

when you play the game of thrones *makes a Holding poo poo In Whimper* you win.. or you die. *duck walks to the shitter*

lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I always believed.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

lmao

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

its honestly sick clicking on mamkutes post history and just seeing posts in every list thread on the forums. gotta respect the hustle

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

lmao

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Mamkute refusing to play Wii Sports bowling with the family at Christmas until someone makes a The Dude mii and pretends it's a big lebowski tie-in

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

its honestly sick clicking on mamkutes post history and just seeing posts in every list thread on the forums. gotta respect the hustle

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Castlevania: Dracula X - All Bitches Rescued.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Super Mario RPG
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
22. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
23. Castlevania: Bloodlines (No death, Expert, Eric Lecarde) - video - video for Normal clear

i was originally going to go for a clear with johnny next but im kind of tired of this game lol

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

(Genesis) Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Professional)

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Frenz posted:

(Genesis) Ghouls 'n Ghosts (Professional)

I played a few minutes of super ghouls n ghosts and man does the snes slowdown suck

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

32. Luigi's Mansion 3, A rank, all gems and boos

What a fun game! I feel like it started a little bit slow in the normal hotel area, but from the castle level on I was in love. Game did a great job of laying breadcrumbs towards most of the gems, but still requiring me to be observant and making me feel smart when I found them. The combat with regular ghosts got a little old towards the end of the game, but the level design and exploration, and most of the boss fights, kept things varied and interesting. There were quite a few moments that were just pure fun, like the movie studio level, the pyramid level, and the disco. Basically, just a great time front to back. Highly recommend. I bet it would be really fun co-op, too.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arch Nemesis posted:

32. Luigi's Mansion 3, A rank, all gems and boos

What a fun game! I feel like it started a little bit slow in the normal hotel area, but from the castle level on I was in love. Game did a great job of laying breadcrumbs towards most of the gems, but still requiring me to be observant and making me feel smart when I found them. The combat with regular ghosts got a little old towards the end of the game, but the level design and exploration, and most of the boss fights, kept things varied and interesting. There were quite a few moments that were just pure fun, like the movie studio level, the pyramid level, and the disco. Basically, just a great time front to back. Highly recommend. I bet it would be really fun co-op, too.

did collecting all the boos count toward anything beyond rank? i completely dipped from catching any after the first one and it didn't seem like it

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

symbolic posted:

did collecting all the boos count toward anything beyond rank? i completely dipped from catching any after the first one and it didn't seem like it

If you get them all you unlock an alternate flashlight with a boo face instead of just the white circle. Otherwise, no. I just had fun catching them, lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah a lot of people complained that the jewels/money are meaningless and the rank doesn't actually matter but honestly that game is so full of fun and charm that I will gladly 100% it every single chance I get.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Arch Nemesis posted:

If you get them all you unlock an alternate flashlight with a boo face instead of just the white circle. Otherwise, no. I just had fun catching them, lol

ahhh alright. first Boo was a bit tedious so i opted not to unless i had to. bit of a departure from the original when you needed i think at least 35 to beat the game? idk, been a while

American McGay posted:

Yeah a lot of people complained that the jewels/money are meaningless and the rank doesn't actually matter but honestly that game is so full of fun and charm that I will gladly 100% it every single chance I get.

yeah, what i liked a lot about LM3 was that it was less enter room->catch mook ghosts->leave room->(occasional boss->)repeat like the original and more about puzzle-solving and exploration. worked a lot in its favor.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

the point of the money hunt, other than that it's just fun to vacuum up everything to find cash, is how many fun little surprises are hidden everywhere. The point is it makes you want to explore and push stuff around and be delighted. Saying there's no point in it misses the point of the whole game imo

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of people have become brain damaged from progression poo poo sadly

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I just finished the castle fight and I found that one tedious tbh. All Mario and Mario adjacent bosses should stick to three hits and five for the big boss.

The exploring is fine, I don’t need any special stuff for it to be worth finding gems and stuff. Feels like that’s just about solving puzzles and going everywhere. I don’t know if I’ll go for them all though because I feel a bit bored of getting all the gems after doing it for 6 or so floors

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • Alienated (10 levels for ZDoom, 2019). 4/5. the best ancient aliens ripoff yet, used the assets to make something fairly unique in design as opposed to trying to just make more AA levels in miniature. the latter half is too bloated, but i was able to nosave the first 5 levels + the secret level since they were liek 15-20 min tightly design levels. still had a lot of fun exploring the bigly maps in the back end.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

8. WADs
  • The Outer Darkness (1 level for Doom 1, 2007). 3/5. Pretty good doom 1 level that was inspired by E4. i think it has one too many ideas in it, its like slightly too long to be a good breezy standalone map and not long enough to be a adventure you get sucked into. guess cuz its all kind of cramped. really great looking level that uses all vanilla textures though, cool gothic hell cathedral vibes. theres not enough rocket ammo for how many barons there are early on. but thats just classic Doom 1 problems.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Unreal tournament 99, single player championship campaign. The game's still a ton of fun, if dark. Assault mode is so much fun

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

21. Katamary Damacy Reroll

Absolute magic.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Final Fantasy (PSP): played this for the first time, this must've been mind blowing on nes. The psp version has mp instead of limited casts which was a bummer, but still, badass game.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

47) The Messenger

Great platforming, though a couple of the challenge coins were a pain. Not sure why everyone hates the writing, you're obviously supposed to think the shopkeeper is a huge dweeb.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Axelay (Normal 1CC)
3. Ninja Ryukenden III: Yomi no Hakobune (1CC)
4. Metroid Prime (63%, 6:49)
5. Tetris the Absolute: The Grand Master 2 PLUS - Master mode Gm (Green line) - video
6. The King of Chicago (Amiga, one of the good endings)
7. Kirby and the Forgotten Land (63%)
8. Yakuza Kiwami 2
9. Tokimeki Memorial (Super Famicom, Ayako, Saki, Rei and Forever Alone endings)
10. Mother 3 - review
11. Wario World - review
12. Soul Blazer - review
13. Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - review
14. Final Fantasy XV - review
15. Illusion of Gaia - review
16. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge (Arcade mode, Okay difficulty, April O' Neil, 1CC, No Death) - review
17. Terranigma - review
18. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (Hard, D rank) - review
19. Kirby Super Star (77%, basic completion on all games including minigames and Arena)
20. Super Mario RPG
21. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
22. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All
23. Castlevania: Bloodlines (No death, Expert, Eric Lecarde) - video - video for Normal clear
24. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations

forgot to add this one a couple days ago rear end well.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Gradius III (SNES, Normal difficulty, 1cc)

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

gg

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Arrhythmia posted:

gently caress yeah dude

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

hell yeah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Arrhythmia posted:

Nice

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

Arch Nemesis posted:

the point of the money hunt, other than that it's just fun to vacuum up everything to find cash, is how many fun little surprises are hidden everywhere. The point is it makes you want to explore and push stuff around and be delighted. Saying there's no point in it misses the point of the whole game imo

i've been making my way through LM3 co-op with my gf and it's taking us forever to beat it because we both have so much fun exploring every nook of every floor. it's a really great, thought-out game.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

22. Psyvariar Medium Unit

1CC, normal difficulty. This has been sitting in my backlog for years. Psyvariar has some cool ideas but a huge chunk of the game is boss milking, and that's on my list of shmup cardinal sins.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

A20 watcher heart win while droppimg massive beer turds. Was denied a streak tho despite making it to the heart.again thanks to generally whack card drops and boss artefact choices. Wow no temper tantrum until the act 4 elites Edit: was not denied the other kind of toilet appropriate streak if you gonome sayon tho gamers :newlol:

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Betting that you achieved at least one streak during that endeavor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Missed the edit, carry on