Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

How many franchises has Monster Hunter crossed over with at this point (off the top of my head there’s Metal Gear, Megaman, and now Sonic)?
Just to add on: Attack on Titan, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, D4DJ, Ninjala, Dead Rising, Taiko Drum Master, Hello Kitty, Lost Planet, Ace Attorney, Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros.

Hogama fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 12, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ace Attorney? How’d that one work?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Ace Attorney? How’d that one work?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

those are good weapons

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Larryb posted:

How many franchises has Monster Hunter crossed over with at this point (off the top of my head there’s Metal Gear, Megaman, and now Sonic)?

To add to the ones people already said, there's also a full-on Rathalos battle and mount in FFXIV.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Monster hunter is sick and Sonic should fight a Volvidon.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Neat, did that particular crossover go both ways (assuming there was an Ace Attorney game out at the time)?

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Hogama posted:

Just to add on: Attack on Titan, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy, Assassin's Creed, The Witcher, D4DJ, Ninjala, Dead Rising, Taiko Drum Master, Hello Kitty, Lost Planet, Ace Attorney, Mario/Zelda/Smash Bros.

There’s also Phantasy Star Online 2, where you could fight one of the monsters from MH Frontier if you played on the Japanese servers.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Fred is on posted:

To add to the ones people already said, there's also a full-on Rathalos battle and mount in FFXIV.

And a Behemoth in Monster Hunter World, with an MMO-style aggro system and a set of Dragoon armor.

Also, more Sonic relevant, Monster Hunter Rise has a mission where you collect rings while Cirt Escape plays that you can use to get a creepy Sonic costume for your cat, a Tails costume for your dog, and a weird Sonic themed costume for your Hunter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhTcgpgsW4c

I hope that doesn't count enough for the Sonic Frontiers crossover and we get another one in Monster Hunter. Maybe a weapon, we don't have one of those, I could see a permanently spin-dashing Sonic on the end of a stick as a hammer or Amy's hammer or something.

Yes I did think of "Sonic on a stick" before "Amy's hammer."

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

There's also a mission where you fight a Nargacuga set to Live and Learn and the quest description is a reference to the Sonic/Shadow faker bit from SA2.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Speaking of crossovers, I'm totally expecting an ngs crossover when frontiers hits honestly.

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/736293761834811443/1027085787692548156/Sonic_Frontier_gameplay.webm

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Neat, did that particular crossover go both ways (assuming there was an Ace Attorney game out at the time)?
Not that I recall.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

There’s also Phantasy Star Online 2, where you could fight one of the monsters from MH Frontier if you played on the Japanese servers.
Plus Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite which I didn't get on that list, either... though, kind of amusingly, beyond the Marvel connection, it only adds Ghosts 'n' Goblins, Darkstalkers and Strider by association.
Oh yeah, there's Ghosts 'n Goblins and Okami collabs for Rise, too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2tysfV9X18

Sonic is now Sabin from FF6

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Looks pretty sick

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Electric Phantasm posted:

Sonic is now Sabin from FF6

He beat up a train all the way back in 06

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, see below

Larryb fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 13, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

flavor.flv posted:

no that was shadow

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

flavor.flv posted:

Lol who the gently caress doesn't know that was shadow

Fake fan

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Looks pretty sick

Yeah

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sonic with a skill tree is very silly to me, but there was one move where Sonic was ping ponging around an enclosed arena that did look pretty cool.

I'm glad the big robot fights are going to be a mix of platforming and combat, because i'm guessing the platforming will be what i'm more into.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I sort of like that the boss fights are slightly more involved than the usual “dodge attacks and hit it with a homing attack until it’s down” at least

We know Eggman’s in this game so I hope we get to fight him at least once (assuming he doesn’t turn out to be the final boss like has been the case from Colors onward that is)

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I'm bored with eggman, I want to fight a weird dragon thing while buttrock plays again

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Be the change you want to see in the world

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

flavor.flv posted:

I'm bored with eggman, I want to fight a weird dragon thing while buttrock plays again

Yeah, he’s had enough time in the spotlight as the final boss (and Colors, Lost World, and the last phase of Forces are almost the exact same fight). I wouldn’t mind going back to the Adventure-Unleashed formula again just as a change of pace

It’s still a Sonic game though so I at least want a fight with him in there somewhere at any rate

Larryb fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Oct 14, 2022

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Eggman is very cool.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Eggman is very cool.

He is one of the more consistently decent characters in most Sonic media at any rate

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

Giant one armed lizard that shoots tumour orbs and lasers at you and also it has a space station up its butt, please

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

give me playable eggman again

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I think Sonic should simply push over the large egg shaped man. That would be his demise, since he'd never be able to stand up. He could solve everything if he really wanted to. :colbert:

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
I am now excited for sonic.

Please sega dont make me regret that.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hrist posted:

I think Sonic should simply push over the large egg shaped man. That would be his demise, since he'd never be able to stand up. He could solve everything if he really wanted to. :colbert:

Nah, Eggman’s fallen over before (he’s actually pretty spry for a man of his girth)

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Al-Saqr posted:

I am now excited for sonic.

Please sega dont make me regret that.

I'm definitely looking forward to trip reports from people once the game is actually out. This one sounds like it might actually be good!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1580923290003988481?t=jAOEL5ynOlDffXHgZ1JQuw&s=19

Tie-in media ahoy!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

I enjoy them.

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1582370960354660352

So, Eggman is definitely an AI construct formed from the memories of past games, or something along those lines.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Baggot posted:

https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1582370960354660352

So, Eggman is definitely an AI construct formed from the memories of past games, or something along those lines.

No way! I can't believe this!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Augh! He's not gonna get away with this!

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Sigh… I miss my wife, Tails….

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/sonic_hedgehog/status/1582763524853403648
A 6 minute long mix of many (all?) types of cyberspace stages. Some bangers in there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

And another:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A46afjporI

Not long until release now, the marketing blitz seems to be kicking into high gear now.