Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

[HALF LIGHT - Medium: Failure] Oh god is this what it's like to have a stroke!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risutora
Dec 28, 2006

Megazver posted:

Another big summary post, less rpgcodex-y this time:

https://literallysatanofficial.tumblr.com/post/697526666112745472/updates-corrections-and-citations

The one big new piece of information there is that someone found that Kurvitz is taking ZA/UM to court in November.

well that explains why he hasnt commented anything.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Mustard Iceman posted:

the Fascist vision quest is worth it but after Day 4 it gets less and less rewarding. You burn through a lot of magnesium keeping your morale up when being a fascist AND drinking alcohol. Might be OK if you start with high psy and mot, then combine Fascism with Boiadeiro and the thought that removes the morale penalty for alcohol.

That vision quest is pretty good for how it resonates with Harry's heartbreak and the deeper look at some characters, but it comes with the unfortunate prize of getting a steam achievement that tells the world you're a huge tool.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I hope a ton of poo poo comes out in discovery because that’s the best thing about these court cases.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

https://twitter.com/EmilyRiordan5/status/1579855501848113152?t=RSURWKvT6S2ZmakJGc8Hng&s=19

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Knowing Za/um took over a magazine once makes La Fumée being so detailed make a lot more sense. This is just more Welkin reference stuff!

Also only just copped the street artist mentioned is Cindy the Skull

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Introduced somebody to DE and I have to say it is an absolute delight watching somebody else enjoy this game for the first time. So far she’s mostly been getting the jump on Electrochemistry (“that cigarette butt is still good, why can’t I have that?” and “ooh, spilt rum, that’ll be tasty!” mere seconds before the game makes the same suggestions) and is extremely distrustful of Kim, most NPCs, most skills except Shivers, and whether the player character is really a police officer.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Just finished the game. Lot of Text and lot of spoilers.

****** :)

Holy gently caress, Shivers.
It's always been really cool moments of internal dialogue. I had gotten the Shivers check for the internal dialogue that ends with CHECK UNDER THE FLOOR BOARDS that I thought was just a Poe reference cause there was no immediate interactivity with the floor anywhere. Even after sleeping there. But then I got to the part where I found the bullet under the floor board after talking to the old woman about Ruby that I just about jumped out of my chair shouting obscenities in disbelief.

But before that point in time...

I let Klassje go. Well didn't arrest her or file any paperwork.
Thanks to Volition tho I at least got more out of her, if not more lies, some more half truths and more importantly, LEADS. She didn't kill the man, why kill him and then not quietly dispose of the body when there are no witnesses or any suspicions of anything? Industrial espionage? Start a war between Wild Pines and the Union? Way too circuitous, way too many things to go wrong. Maybe she is a genius social engineer, God of manipulation. Volition is right but also says not to course correct too aggressively. And the logic of the murder don't make sense at all for that either. She'd have to be loving one merc, manipulate him into falling in love and quitting his life as it us AND know that another would kill him in retaliation for deciding to quit. At least that's what I gathered after listening to the recording of the hanged man, seems like Harry would identify with him even more here, pressing arete on the pawn shop boom box on his shoulder dressed in rags from the trash and patrol coat, holding a tare bag in the other.

Failed the visual calculus on the window but again, even if the shot came from inside or on the patio somewhere or even anywhere nearby, no one heard any of it. Still doesn't make sense. Even if there was another person involved.

Klassje. Genius? God? I don't have the Rhetoric to match that silver tongue. At any rate if that were the case would I even be talking to her here? If this was all her doing why not flee at any time and be done with this? She is cornered, as she says.
It's not kind to prod at animals in a cage. Or to serve them up to their butcher.

She will be okay, she is free.

Missed catching the flowers, I may have stopped drinking but I'm a clumsy oaf either way. Those were important to this. I know it.

Shivers from the snow. I know to listen to this, after the floorboard situation. I have to.
After encountering her I passed the check to destroy the machine and I had so many questions but not when the other person has a gun in their mouth. She isn't a killer, she could have easily killed us both in an abandoned tunnel, in an abandoned building in an abandoned region and not even had to do any body disposal. Just left us to rot. Missing forever.

No answers.
At least not from her directly, the notebook is all me and Kim need. It will have to do.
She has friends and people she can trust to find her way anywhere she needs to. Bon voyage, Ruby.

The loving tribunal, drunk mercs making a big show of an impending execution.

[Espiritus de Corpus - Medium: Success]
Kim is right, you must do something. Duty calls.

[Composure - Legendary: Failure]
Oh poo poo. Oh gently caress. Oh piss.

[Volition - Heroic: Success]
Once more, into the fray.

[Electrochemistry - Easy: Success]
Quick! Take all the speed you confiscated off Cuno's dad, die like a true soldier! It's what Rene would have wanted.

I was sure it had to be one of the mercenaries. The trained marksman, the KILLER. Military grade rifle, murder weapon. Commanding officer sounded like they wanted to quit and run off with a local... a loincloth they say, betray his subordinates, abandon them and dishonor them all, motive.

Exhausting all the dialogue and passing the checks bought time. Wish it had bought reason and a stay for this execution. It bought only moments...

I had logic but you can't logic murderers out of the act once they've already decided on it. Not these guys.
Rhetoric? Not my strong suit but even a miraculous success by dragging this out... they're killers. Not here for debate.
I have no evidence cause I missed the bullet in his mouth... Shivers was it? Or Perception? Inland Empire? Probably would've made a difference sooner or maybe not, these assholes were dead set on revenge no matter the evidence or insights from my inner self.

No time for any of that now. Only thing left is a pitiful chance at landing the first strike.

I passed the check to shoot the big merc in the face!
Maybe it was the Precarious World thought? Felt like one of the best ideas out there. Right below the GAY THOUGHTS.
Also maybe the blue and red police dice in my pocket, master crafted just for me.

It definitely helped that I exhausted all dialogue and passed all the other checks. I actually shot him in the face. I loving dodged the rifle shot? WTF. And Kim, Authority was one of the last things on my mind, I walked around with the Ledger of Failure and Hatred (-2 Authority) and only took it off and put on a policeman cap to try the Authority check on Titus that got me access to Klassje when I couldn't get anything else done.

I still had the ledger with the Authority check in the gun fight too, -2 to Authority and + to Empathy... but there is no place for empathy here either.
I passed the check. Kim is unharmed!

I look the rear end in a top hat in the eyes when he takes his shot at me. I am the law. I am a man. I face the world and don't blink.
Kim treated me himself and I have a hole in my leg and survived a bacterial infection.

A real poo poo show. But Titus and the surviving Hardie Boys will get through. I shook his hand, man to man. Not a cop. Did that with other decisions, I'm wearing the uniform... coat... but I'm still a person. Bastard and miserable that I am.

Another clue...
Klassje was kind enough to leave a string on the wall leading through the window. I had failed the Visual Calculus before on an EVEN check.
So only one thing left I guess...

Then Finally the island... The killer. He died a long time ago and has been a spiteful and malevolent entity in Revachol for decades. Maybe this is where all the ghost stuff would've gone if I wasn't being so logical? Definitely would have found a way to him through the tunnel networks. The flowers would have been a more solid evidence for motive maybe. Either way they are unnecessary after talking to him. And... THAT loving BLUE DOOR! Does it lead to the tunnels??? FUUUUUUCKKK!!!!

Holy loving poo poo the phasmid. This uh *explains* a lot. Kim got a picture and the uh dialogue with her?... explains?... a lot? Uh. Yeah.
And the metaphor the killer not seeing the phasmid for the reeds. oh... I GET IT!

Okay, finally, Harry Du Bois was a gym teacher and a gym rat. Never heard the words homosexuality BUT SURE AS HELL HAD THOUGHTS, ALL THE TIME.
This is canon.

So now Kim is recruited to the 41st and we solve crimes together. The End.

And also, makes sense I'm so *juvie* as Kim said, got Cuno to pursue his passion, threw a cigarette onto Cindy's blood and fuel mix and gave a shout in appreciation of her message, I got Andre and his friends off drugs and helped them out with their club. Even named it... DISCO ELYSIUM.
THE END

This was great. Better than great, I don't have the Rhetoric to pass this check and say more. Sad to see the posts about the studio and devs. :(

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 12, 2022

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Thank you immensely for posting your voyage and let me relive playing the game again for the first time, just a little bit.

You didnt mention sleeping on the island and having dreams. If you didnt do that, you should reload an old save and give it a shot - I skipped it as well my first time through, wondering why I'd want to take a nap in that situation, but its worth going back and doing.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
NOW DO IT AGAIN

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GlyphGryph posted:

Thank you immensely for posting your voyage and let me relive playing the game again for the first time, just a little bit.

I'm a cop, if not a cop simply a man in relentless pursuit of the truth. Oh forgot to mention I was wincing and bleeding everywhere. Wasn't just me double clicking to move around faster, noticed the guy selling stuff out of his lorry mention i was limping as I was clicking once to move and give myself time to think irl. Oh, is the game keeping track? Seems like it was, definitely after Kim mentioned it days ago, always running.

So taking a rest was OUT OF CHARACTER

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

uber_stoat posted:

NOW DO IT AGAIN

[Volition - Godly: Success]
Once more, into the fray.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 12, 2022

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Understood, and I figured that was the case! Like I said, I skipped it too. But if you have a save, definitely go back and take a rest anyway, its the one design quibble I have with the game, to have done it the way they did, but I think it is worth experiencing even just as bonus "alternate timeline" content if you finished without doing it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

GlyphGryph posted:

Understood, and I figured that was the case! Like I said, I skipped it too. But if you have a save, definitely go back and take a rest anyway, its the one design quibble I have with the game, to have done it the way they did, but I think it is worth experiencing even just as bonus "alternate timeline" content if you finished without doing it.

Oh, meta talk about dialogue trees and questions and telling Kim about a task chain to complete. Oh man, thought I had to Succeed in the visual calculus inside the church to leave the figurine there.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

MariusLecter posted:

This was great. Better than great, I don't have the Rhetoric to pass this check and say more

WELCOME TO REVACHOL BAYBEH

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Eiba posted:

I'm going to spoiler tag all this for folks going through the game for the first time. It's all endgame stuff.

For me the overwhelming beauty of that scene came because I had, in my brain, completely given up on the cryptid, but spitefully went through the motions of hope anyway because I cared about the people involved.

The cryptid subplot was presented as an absurd waste of time busy work side quest. That's gonna be the best kind of quest in a game like this, so I was all in from the start, especially since Lena was so nice to me right from the start, when I had only the barest conception of the world (and an embarrassing need for money).

The best trick was that there was actually a really solid and conclusive ending to that quest. After running around, meeting and talking to everyone involved, you can eventually find out that Lena doesn't fully believe what she saw. It's so fundamental to her relationship though that she's really anxious. Everything becomes thematically clear: like communism, even if it never existed, what's really important is what they built together. The truth isn't important, love is.

I thought this was a really touching and meaningful message. I decided it wasn't important if the cryptid was materially real, because it was so obviously emotionally real. I had them spray me with pheromones and checked all the traps again and never bathed, not to find the cryptid that I couldn't really believe in, but because I believed in Lena's love.

And then that plot was over and it was time to deal with the murder at last. And it turned out the murder was about communism, women, lost ideals. A great finale to the game. A melancholy reflection on personal connections in a fallen world.

Except then, out of nowhere, the Insulindian Phasmid is right there. Honestly, my first reaction was to think I had finally lost it. There were even dialog options implying I had realized I finally lost it. But there was an option to ask Kim.

When Kim said he saw it too- that's the moment I broke down. I was not at all emotionally prepared.

I was completely blindsided by the beauty of the Phasmid's words. Just the fact of it changed everything. And it spoke of hope and humanity. It was one of the most moving things I ever experienced.

That all is to say, I would personally not tell new players to keep the pheromones on. If I had been told that I would be waiting for a payoff. The experience I had was as overwhelming as it was because I had convinced myself it wasn't going to happen. I got to experience the impossible.

Everyone will have a different experience, and I get the feeling of not wanting someone else to miss out, but this game has just gotta be experienced in its own terms.

Went back and read this, yeah same. I kept telling Kim, I don't really believe I'm just doing someone a favor. Phasmid hunters having a rough time, I told Lena that her times meant something and it's not NOTHING just because she thinks she made it up.

That necklace she gave me came in real handy. Wish I had one for real.

And I didn't wash off the pheromones cause I wanted to be stinky. [/s]Garbage can only stink you up so much!

Stinky Gay Hobo Cop

Also, trying a new game now.
I ran off on Garte the first time and nailed the exit. Having to come crawling back tho... yeesh. But like others said, Failure is okay in this game, now I have a lighter bill to pay I think! Amazing gameplay!

e;
Wonder if this will effect the dialogue later...

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

This was a really nice post to read.

Imagine how many unlikely things had to come together to let us exist in a world with this game.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Authorblues is doing an LP of DE.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Welp, everything has gone to poo poo

Kind of abandoned the main plot of the story for three or four days to help the musicians set up a dance club inside the church. Solved the mystery of the silence with the programmer and added it to Egg-head's mix to unleash my inner dance, then pulled rank on Kim to force him to join in. Spent a bunch more time checking locust traps for the cryptozoologist in a quest that ultimately went nowhere. Sniffed out the communist book club and joined up, spent a good chunk of the next day reading theory. In my defense I kept failing an 80% chance to climb the ladder at the electric building and some other easy checks to actually advance the investigation, finally got in after leveling up and found Ruby. Knocked over the noise machine after chugging health potions and talked her out of suicide, let her run off. When I get back to the Whirling-in-Rags the mercenaries are in a standoff with the Hardy Boys. I still haven't found my gun, only just talked to Ruby and don't know where she went, hadn't seen the female mercenary before and didn't even know there was a third one. I pass most of the conversation checks but they start shooting anyway when I fail the check to talk about the dead merc. I pass the check to dodge the first shot, Kim shoots the third merc in the face, the main merc shoots me and I go down after being given a 3% chance to dodge again, fail a ~60% chance to warn Kim and he gets shot as well. Now everyone is dead, Kim is in the hospital and I'm teamed up with Cuno.

Thought I had just run into another game over scenario on account of spending too much time loving around until I woke up in my room.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

and I'm teamed up with Cuno.

So it couldn’t have gone better, then

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Oh another thing from the game I finished, was that higher up cops making a list? thought it was for a task force cause I'm that much of a bad rear end detective they'd say OF COURSE to including me. But then they said, "when the time comes, he will side with the people." I mean OBVIOUSLY. The world is full of them and I am also one, what else is there? Kim said i was into Masovian economics, never went full communist tho, like all the other ideological thought they were pretty distracting and useless.

Wonder what else is a metaphor for living under capitalism? I'm sure the Hardie Boys would be helped by this. Or everyone in fishing village.

Especially Free Market, yeah I'm taking bribes and running around collecting trash. You do what you gotta do to pay the drat rent and get what you need to solve the case. The system is broken i said to myself and some others before because this is no way to LIVE. And communist thought? A lot of big words don't seem that helpful to the people right here, right now. Focus and do something... material. You know?

Maybe going with that thought will lead to something though but everything in the world pointed to a lot of alienating dense texts and headaches. Could lead to something tho.

Pretty sure Free Market and Electrochemistry would go hand in hand. Those guys SUUUUCK.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Oct 12, 2022

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Playing on Switch, I've made it to about 20:30 on Day 1 and it's time for the big guy to go take down the body. He walks off and tells me not to leave until he comes back, but then he never comes back. Game doesn't freeze, but I'm stuck in the dialogue menu and it won't advance. Is there any chance this is a well-known bug with a simple solution, or is it restart a new file time?

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

MariusLecter posted:

Especially Free Market, yeah I'm taking bribes and running around collecting trash. You do what you gotta do to pay the drat rent and get what you need to solve the case. The system is broken i said to myself and some others before because this is no way to LIVE. And communist thought? A lot of big words don't seem that helpful to the people right here, right now. Focus and do something... material. You know?

The communards did something material. And then other nations showed up with a sky armada and carried out the systematic extermination of 40 million people. The warships that destroyed Revachol are still there in the sky, 40 years later, ready to spring into action should Revachol try to make its own decisions again, but doing nothing to help when a nuclear power plant melted down after the revolution.

There's a lot to not like about the communards, but inaction was not one of their flaws.

MariusLecter posted:

Oh another thing from the game I finished, was that higher up cops making a list? thought it was for a task force cause I'm that much of a bad rear end detective they'd say OF COURSE to including me. But then they said, "when the time comes, he will side with the people." I mean OBVIOUSLY. The world is full of them and I am also one, what else is there?

Revachol is pretty clearly about to have another revolution. The Deserter is wrong when he says the material conditions for revolution have vanished--they've never been stronger. Everyone you meet in Martinaise is obsessed with politics and political theory: Even the hustlers and grinders trying to make five bucks are able to debate the philosophical underpinnings of selling knock-off shoes from the back of a truck, and they're holding their ideas up for critique from one another. Martinaise is ready for a new government, one not based on living in fear from the battleships pointing guns down from the heavens.

Is anyone in the game happy that Airship Archer is up there?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

The Deserter is an incredibly bitter old fool. He literally assassinated someone for the local labor union and is witnessing one of the largest corporations in the world get thrown out by a militant labor action just across the water. He watches a couple of beat cops and the local union muscle face down a team of armor plated, heavily armed killers with nothing but two muzzle loading pistols and their fists. He refuses to believe in anything but his specific revolution.

I love that everyone in Revachol is falling over themselves to talk politics to you and everyone else in earshot. It's practically the national sport.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Mystic Mongol posted:

The communards did something material. And then other nations showed up with a sky armada and carried out the systematic extermination of 40 million people. The warships that destroyed Revachol are still there in the sky, 40 years later, ready to spring into action should Revachol try to make its own decisions again, but doing nothing to help when a nuclear power plant melted down after the revolution.

There's a lot to not like about the communards, but inaction was not one of their flaws.

Revachol is pretty clearly about to have another revolution. The Deserter is wrong when he says the material conditions for revolution have vanished--they've never been stronger. Everyone you meet in Martinaise is obsessed with politics and political theory: Even the hustlers and grinders trying to make five bucks are able to debate the philosophical underpinnings of selling knock-off shoes from the back of a truck, and they're holding their ideas up for critique from one another. Martinaise is ready for a new government, one not based on living in fear from the battleships pointing guns down from the heavens.

Is anyone in the game happy that Airship Archer is up there?

Didn't say all that about the communards, just about me running around spouting communism words. Yeah the revolution was a major something and the deserter thing was loud and clear with the phasmid and reeds metaphor. He is blind to it, consumed by his own Failure and Hatred.

Maybe I should actually talk the talk, it felt cheap after walking the walk... running, actually.

E;

wiegieman posted:

The Deserter is an incredibly bitter old fool. He literally assassinated someone for the local labor union and is witnessing one of the largest corporations in the world get thrown out by a militant labor action just across the water. He watches a couple of beat cops and the local union muscle face down a team of armor plated, heavily armed killers with nothing but two muzzle loading pistols and their fists. He refuses to believe in anything but his specific revolution.

I love that everyone in Revachol is falling over themselves to talk politics to you and everyone else in earshot. It's practically the national sport.

Definitely then. Gonna give more to Rhetoric and think more before I act.

e2;
Actually I must have to get that ending slide... like I did tell the old woman in the village about being charged rent to not freeze to death in the streets. She gave me the room rent free... that was great. I just now realize i probably did miss a lot like that then.

And yeah, I was thinking the same thing the fucker saw the whole tribunal nonsense? Couldn't have helped out with one loving bullet for one of the mercs? What a loving rear end in a top hat.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Oct 12, 2022

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The communism side quest is really good. There's a check at the end that's interesting when you pass it and really funny when you don't

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

a7m2 posted:

The communism side quest is really good. There's a check at the end that's interesting when you pass it and really funny when you don't

Passing that check is one of the best moments in the game. It's pretty much the writers baring their souls, or what they would like to be in their souls.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Passing that check is one of the best moments in the game. It's pretty much the writers baring their souls, or what they would like to be in their souls.

I agree. I failed it the first time and reloaded an earlier save because I wanted to know what it'd say, but the line you get when you fail is pretty drat incredible too

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

wiegieman posted:

Is there any sharp distinction?

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 12, 2022

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

wiegieman posted:

It's an eastern-European thing. That used to be the case in Russia. Didn't work out that well.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

I'm still not sure if you went back and took a nap, but you should still do it if you didn't.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
New game, gonna take off the clothes and leave the single shoe on. See how things go from there.

No wiping the mirror off either.

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Huxley posted:

Playing on Switch, I've made it to about 20:30 on Day 1 and it's time for the big guy to go take down the body. He walks off and tells me not to leave until he comes back, but then he never comes back. Game doesn't freeze, but I'm stuck in the dialogue menu and it won't advance. Is there any chance this is a well-known bug with a simple solution, or is it restart a new file time?

I ran into this glitch myself. If I had fully voiced lines active, the game would get stuck, but if I switched to classic mode first it would run along fine. So try switching to classic mode and see if it lets you keep going.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

It is just like your ham colored race to have no patience or mental fortitude to delay gratification while those of greater racial purity do the work that you cannot. Measurehead will complete this task in his own time, you can busy yourself polluting your substandard body with tabaac or al-ghuul if you find yourself getting antsy.

AstraZenmaster
Jun 28, 2004
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day

Zonko_T.M. posted:

I ran into this glitch myself. If I had fully voiced lines active, the game would get stuck, but if I switched to classic mode first it would run along fine. So try switching to classic mode and see if it lets you keep going.

Me too. For me, reloading and switching up the dialogue choices helped (eventually, I had to try a couple of times)

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Zonko_T.M. posted:

AstraZenmaster posted:

Me too. For me, reloading and switching up the dialogue choices helped (eventually, I had to try a couple of times)

I very unscientifically did both of these at the same time and got through it. Thank you both!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

wiegieman posted:

A surprising amount of "leftists" believe the same thing the detective says when you fail that check.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

did a dramatic reading of the full Actual Art Degree “problem/solution” text for a buddy at the bar last night who is a professional artist and she was absolutely howling with delight and horror the whole time.

For those who haven’t read the whole thing-

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

UnknownMercenary posted:

A surprising amount of "leftists" believe the same thing the detective says when you fail that check.

What is it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
*whispers* Are women bourgeois?