Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PERPETUAL IDIOT
Sep 12, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

no actually what I'M doing is saying that at least one person, one american, who is both pro-choice and would rather vote for Dr. Oz because Fetterman slurs his words a little. because we are an insane country and 1/3 of the people who vote decide who they're gonna vote for within 12 hours of the election

It's not crazy to not want to vote for him because he might have serious cognitive issues. Framing it as "not voting for him because he slurs his words" is what the vote blue losers say about Biden and Pelosi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

This is the most important election of our lifetime. You have to get out there and VOTE as hard as you can for the racist centrist democrat who just had a stroke.

He's a vote against a nationwide abortion ban, that's good enough for me right now.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

He's a vote against a nationwide abortion ban, that's good enough for me right now.

pragmatism? in cspam???

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

It's not crazy to not want to vote for him because he might have serious cognitive issues. Framing it as "not voting for him because he slurs his words" is what the vote blue losers say about Biden and Pelosi.

okay

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

There is not a single human being who is pro-choice and is going to vote for Oz because Fetterman slurs his words a little. It's a frankly insane narrative.

I don't know that this is true. "Moderate" Democrats are insane.

Apr 7, 2003

"You need to vote for someone who is ideologically opposed to everything you stand for because the other guy slurs his words a little but will be replaced with someone you also agree with if he can't hack it" is all over social media today, makes u think.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Nichael posted:

no no no man trust me there's a guy here who's not gonna like this lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

"You need to vote for someone who is ideologically opposed to everything you stand for because the other guy slurs his words a little but will be replaced with someone you also agree with if he can't hack it" is all over social media today, makes u think.

Voters are not rational beings, especially wealthy, "intellectual" centrists. People like this often do not vote on ideological grounds. Gut instincts, emotion, and odd four-dimensional chess "strategic" thoughts color how they think about politics, because they're financially comfortable and they have no critical thinking, as well as a dearth of morality.

I don't know if this is going to substantively affect Fetterman, but to say that not a single weirdo is going to change their mind on this is absurd, especially considering the last ten years of empirical and anecdotal data in American politics.

Nichael has issued a correction as of 16:51 on Oct 12, 2022

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

there are lots of really, really stupid people especially in pennsylvania. I thought u knew. I take no pleasure reporting this

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

i will not be voting for Fetterman because of this and because I live in Illinois.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

If Fetterman can’t serve, the governor (likely Shapiro) replaces him with someone who can and will vote the same way. This idea that people need to vote for the guy who’s going to be the 51st vote for a national abortion ban because this guy has cognitive problems is dumb as gently caress and it’s sad that this is the best angle Oz has.

What's the current whipcount on Graham's bill? I thought it was a lot less than 50

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

It's not crazy to not want to vote for him because he might have serious cognitive issues.
yeah that's fair (i don't think he does but i see why people would be worried), what gets me is poo poo like this where him looking at the cc machine to understand the question and then answering it becomes 'he couldn't answer the question because he was looking at the machine' and the msn just nods along
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1580222586360733696
bonus points for 'how will he debate for pennsylvania on the senate floor?' like what the gently caress do they think senators do

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I need my senators able to pull a four-day filibuster at the drop of a hat

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Apraxin posted:

yeah that's fair (i don't think he does but i see why people would be worried), what gets me is poo poo like this where him looking at the cc machine to understand the question and then answering it becomes 'he couldn't answer the question because he was looking at the machine' and the msn just nods along
bonus points for 'how will he debate for pennsylvania on the senate floor?' like what the gently caress do they think senators do

in case anyone forgot Chris Matthews was the guy who was freaking out on air after Bernie won Nevada that he was going to start executing people in central park

Apr 7, 2003

Nichael posted:

Voters are not rational beings, especially wealthy, "intellectual" centrists. People like this often do not vote on ideological grounds. Gut instincts, emotion, and odd four-dimensional chess "strategic" thoughts color how they think about politics, because they're financially comfortable and they have no critical thinking, as well as a dearth of morality.

I don't know if this is going to substantively affect Fetterman, but to say that not a single weirdo is going to change their mind on this is absurd, especially considering the last ten years of empirical and anecdotal data in American politics.

The undecided voter doesn't exist in the general election in 2022. He is a relic of the 1990s. He is a ghost blip on the political radar screen.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

ArmZ posted:

pragmatism? in cspam???

Pragmatism is voting 50 times

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Apraxin posted:

Wait, they released Chris Matthews from the Island of Misfit Sexmonsters? When did this happen?

Apraxin posted:

lmao libs have no loving idea what electeds actually do

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The undecided voter doesn't exist in the general election in 2022. He is a relic of the 1990s. He is a ghost blip on the political radar screen.

They're not undecided, they are just telling themselves are. They are insane, "centrist" libs (and occasionally never-Trump chuds), who are almost always going to land on the most right wing option, while they console themselves as not being all that bad because they voted for Obama in 2008.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Nichael posted:

if you're so scared of moderates why do you continue to live in Delaware

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
re: Chris Matthews

anyway we have senators that are basically remote controlled animatronic dummies being puppeted by a lobbyist holding a dual shock so i don't think the Ogre's brain problems disqualify him.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

The fact that Fetterman has made any recovery after his strokes is a sign that he doesn't quite fit in with Democrat party culture

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

compare that to trump's more successful strategy of just not recording strokes on his scorecard. if they're not pencilled in, they don't count

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Filthy Hans posted:

if you're so scared of moderates why do you continue to live in Delaware

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

i say swears online posted:

compare that to trump's more successful strategy of just not recording strokes on his scorecard. if they're not pencilled in, they don't count

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Jess Scarane pops up in my brain every so often as a deeply funny intrusive thought

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Shiroc posted:

Jess Scarane pops up in my brain every so often as a deeply funny intrusive thought

she's a good person and we wouldn't have been as :yooge: SCHLONGED! like we were if covid didn't happen. we're dealt the cards we get, and the world loving blows. I don't know what materially would've changed if Coons was out (probably nothing lmao) but I still enjoy mildly irritating libs.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Shiroc posted:

shes a dece folllow on twitter

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
what’s the big deal? we already have senators with Alzheimer’s and dementia so what’s the worst that could happen

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Yeah it is pretty goddamn hilarious that like 1/3rd of our leaders are severely senile or have some other massive health problem everyone is just like :shrug: there is nothing we can do just gotta deal with these poeple forever because this is the best we got.

Definitely not failing as a country, everything is fine.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

Yeah it is pretty goddamn hilarious that like 1/3rd of our leaders are severely senile or have some other massive health problem everyone is just like :shrug: there is nothing we can do just gotta deal with these poeple forever because this is the best we got.

Definitely not failing as a country, everything is fine.

but don't you see, lindsay graham has 49 other co-sponsors to his national abortion ban and the republic hangs by a thread

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Also extremely funny to see cspam posters arguing that the senate is so corrupt and dysfunctional it doesn't matter, vote Fetterman! might as well go ahead and vote Feinstein and Bloomberg and Schulz, nothing matters right? Embrace the succ.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://twitter.com/Schnorkles/status/1580241036299108353

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Let’s get to phone banking, folks

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Pryor on Fire posted:

Also extremely funny to see cspam posters arguing that the senate is so corrupt and dysfunctional it doesn't matter, vote Fetterman! might as well go ahead and vote Feinstein and Bloomberg and Schulz, nothing matters right? Embrace the succ.

Fetterman's brain might be hosed but at least his heart is in the right place

(don't ask about his heart)

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

PERPETUAL IDIOT posted:

This is the most important election of our lifetime. You have to get out there and VOTE as hard as you can for the racist centrist democrat who just had a stroke.

Biden isn't running in this election

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

The Nastier Nate posted:

Fetterman's brain might be hosed but at least his heart is in the right place

(don't ask about his heart)

they say his heart grew three sizes that day (and it was already rather enlarged to begin with!)

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

https://twitter.com/RebeccaKKatz/status/1580334904357027840?t=qDv1xSD8cUGhuq4Fbhv0rw&s=19

So this is just a completely manufactured story huh

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I suppose there’s a story in that he hasn’t recovered yet.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

she's a good person and we wouldn't have been as :yooge: SCHLONGED! like we were if covid didn't happen. we're dealt the cards we get, and the world loving blows. I don't know what materially would've changed if Coons was out (probably nothing lmao) but I still enjoy mildly irritating libs.

incumbent senators are almost universally untouchable in primaries, it's not just a covid thing

it's pretty much entirely 60+ year-old, lifelong party-line voters who show up, plus a tiny handful of freaks like us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apr 7, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

If Fetterman is incapable of serving, the governor replaces him.

Framing it as "vote for Oz because Fat Man's brain not so good" is utterly insane