Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
https://twitter.com/MereKatKat/status/1579167627347648512

It was good to see Hodgins finally get some meaningful game time and make the most of it. I don't know how much of it is McBeanes' ability to assess WRs and how much is Allen and scheming making everyone look good, but it feels like they barely miss at WR at the moment. Crowder has probably been the least whelming first-team addition, and the injury means we won't see how his relationship with Allen would have developed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1580181753787863040?s=20&t=LO2-ygrYUDUdhoIe72AXqA

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

From what I understand he's been medically cleared for some time now. I guess it's just a matter of managing the PR of bringing him back.

eta: to be clear i think holding him out for the vikings game is absolutely the right move

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/tompelissero/status/1580182187370246144?s=46&t=fSaFIqH6ULd9TTsB80bgQw

Little more info in that reply.

I’m not sure what else they can do. Hopefully they’ve covered every possible base.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

is pepsi ok posted:

From what I understand he's been medically cleared for some time now. I guess it's just a matter of managing the PR of bringing him back.

eta: to be clear i think holding him out for the vikings game is absolutely the right move

Jackson was saying that practicing was just hoop 3 of 5, so he's still got some formal hurdles to go through as well as pr considerations. And his actual health considerations

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Jackson was saying that practicing was just hoop 3 of 5, so he's still got some formal hurdles to go through as well as pr considerations. And his actual health considerations

Yeah that's what I was confused about, I remember seeing reports that he already passed his tests but that makes sense that he meant there's more hoops to pass than just medical tests.

I'm perfectly fine dropping this game. Just get everyone back and effectively restart the season at .500 with a fairly easy run of teams.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
100%.

Give X and Armstead a proper break too

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Wow, the Dolphins have a cupcake schedule until December.

The Vikings will be tough without Tua, but then you'd expect at least 4-1 vs Steelers, @ Lions, @ Bears, vs Browns, vs Texans no matter who's under center.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
I'm honestly still not sure how good this Dolphins team is even with Tua.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

I'm honestly still not sure how good this Dolphins team is even with Tua.

No one is really sure how good or bad any team is at this point but at the very least we can all agree that they’re better than the patriots, so that’s a positive!

Nov 6, 2002

Also not sure about that my friend!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I think the Dolphins sit in the next tier down from the Bills/Chiefs/Eagles tier but have pretty wild variance.

Sometimes they'll stop Josh Allen on the goal line 18 consecutive attempts, other times they'll let the Jets hang 40 on them.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

The defense has been poo poo but I'm not gonna panic until they have a bad game with X and Byron playing. The whole defense is built around those two being able to hold up in man coverage.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Also not sure about that my friend!

Sweepin out the pats in 2022 like old cobwebs in a barn :cool:

(Hopefully)🙏

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

did tim and eric direct this?

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Mulaney Power Move posted:

did tim and eric direct this?

I hope so, that would rule

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/flasportsbuzz/status/1580210645961621509?t=YKypL-ZDNTverV0xOqriGw&s=19

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

So does that mean he really did have a concussion? Nothing about his elbow, which he was shaking out after the hit? This is all very confusing.

I hope Skylar looks a lot better with a week of prep. He still throws a great ball but his main issue was taking way too long to process what he was seeing.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

I think the Dolphins sit in the next tier down from the Bills/Chiefs/Eagles tier but have pretty wild variance.

Sometimes they'll stop Josh Allen on the goal line 18 consecutive attempts, other times they'll let the Jets hang 40 on them.

I think they're genuinely good, though agree they're not the same level as the top three.

I can't remember if I actually posted this, but it was fairly clear that their season depended on the health of Armstead, X and Tua. They've looked like a top 3 team when they're available, and distinctly average when they're not.

The clear advantage that those three team have over the Dolphins is that Mahomes, Allen and Hurts seem near enough indestructible. I don't think anyone would expect any of those teams to thrive without their QBs.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

My uninformed read is that McDaniel thinks Skylar is better than Teddy.

e: Or more charitably, Skylar with prep is better than Teddy without prep.

fsif fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 12, 2022

Nov 6, 2002

I wonder if he worries Teddy is more likely to get pulled from game again if he takes a hit than Skylar is.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

fsif posted:

I think he knows he's not going to win a super bowl with either of them and prefers the cheaper option that doesn't have an extensive concussion history of their own to back up Tua.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Organization is in shambles

https://twitter.com/marcel_lj/status/1580212476624646144?s=46&t=JwQhD_VxW_eehfjqPmIQXA

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

poo poo just got real

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

fsif posted:

I think Teddy actually had a concussion.

tarbrush posted:

but it was fairly clear that their season depended on the health of Armstead, X and Tua. They've looked like a top 3 team when they're available, and distinctly average when they're not.
Nothing in Armstead (or Tua)'s history suggested you could depend on their health.

Diva Cupcake fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 12, 2022

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

How's Tua's back?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

Organization is in shambles
The Dolphins would be 5-0 if not for the ping pong table.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

tarbrush posted:

I think they're genuinely good, though agree they're not the same level as the top three.

I can't remember if I actually posted this, but it was fairly clear that their season depended on the health of Armstead, X and Tua. They've looked like a top 3 team when they're available, and distinctly average when they're not.

The clear advantage that those three team have over the Dolphins is that Mahomes, Allen and Hurts seem near enough indestructible. I don't think anyone would expect any of those teams to thrive without their QBs.

Real talk ^ all the above feels exactly right to me

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I wonder if he worries Teddy is more likely to get pulled from game again if he takes a hit than Skylar is.

I think it’s this, to be honest.

And lol to the ping pong table being removed to focus more. Cmon McDaniel.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

fsif posted:

I think this is mostly accurate. A healthy Dolphins team is probably in the top 10 but outside of the Top 5. They could win a playoff game with the right opponent but wouldn’t get out of the second round.

But that makes them the best Dolphins team of this century and by far the most fun to watch on offense.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I think it’s this, to be honest.

And lol to the ping pong table being removed to focus more. Cmon McDaniel.

The captains voted on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

it was the ping pong table that was making the dolphins lose

not the brain trauma and having to start skylar thompson

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

this poo poo is always so funny to me because it meant a room full of adults had a serious, closed-door conversation about whether or not a ping pong table is going to prevent them from achieving greatness or whatever and then they somberly broke the news to a larger room filled with even more adults

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
they banned the ping pong table because it was straining tua's arm lol

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Diva Cupcake posted:

Nothing in Armstead (or Tua)'s history suggested you could depend on their health.

Of course, but the season looks very different depending on whether each of them plays four games, eight games or twelve. They're all prone to missing time, not whole seasons.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

fsif posted:

Wow, the Dolphins have a cupcake schedule until December.
There's only three games left on the Bills' schedule now that give me pause:
KC is a tossup
GB should be a win but I don't want to rule out a regular season Rodgers
The Fish: If they crash and burn it'll take a lot of the significance out of the game but if the division is close it's going to be a high pressure situation.

Every other game feels like it should probably be a win. I suppose I ought to fear Belichick because he's Bekichick, but after the last two games, no. Playing the sex offender for his first Browns game would have the hallmark of a trap game so I'm glad that's definitely avoided by a week. Bengals-Rams was a feaud superbowl. The Lions offence suddenly seems less fearsome. Vikings lost their only game to a good team.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

whatis posted:

this poo poo is always so funny to me because it meant a room full of adults had a serious, closed-door conversation about whether or not a ping pong table is going to prevent them from achieving greatness or whatever and then they somberly broke the news to a larger room filled with even more adults

Honestly I’ve had the exact same discussions with our senior director and our EVP at Nextera. We had a 30 minute meeting to discuss removing the ping pong table in the break room they had put in a few years back. Corporate!

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

They lost two games with their backup QBs. Feels a bit premature to initialize the soul searching protocol.

Nov 6, 2002

Rearranging ping pong tables on the Titanic it sounds like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Pablo Bluth posted:

The Fish: If they crash and burn it'll take a lot of the significance out of the game but if the division is close it's going to be a high pressure situation.

I have already mentally prepared myself for the Bills revenge game and fully expect Josh to go off for 500yds and 7 TDs.

Still gonna be smug about going 1-1 tho.