Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

I actually think Illumination's animation style is perfect for this.

clown shoes fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

I don't know, I think Chris Pratt's voice aside - and it's like, two lines, so it's hard to tell if he's going Bronx with it - this looks as good as a Mario movie could possibly look. It's visually pretty much perfect. It's going to make a shitload of money.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

BonoMan posted:

The more I watch it, in the second line there's definitely some New York. Still sounds a bit cringey.

I mean Imma watch it with my kids. But Pratt just comes off as lazy and honestly... it's too recognizable a voice. I would have preferred an unknown because I can't NOT hear Pratt and picture him and his various characters.

edit: Also in the Direct video they had Pratt and Black record a little zoom intro and holy crap Pratt's was clearly just a rambling first take. Couldn't even be bothered to give a clean delivery. Jack Black's was at least delivered with some care.

If Chris Pratt's voice is "too recognizable" then I dunno about Bowser, who's is very obviously Jack Black and making Jack Black facial expressions.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Shageletic posted:

whatever the hell that was

it's a teaser. People are so mad when they see teasers for some reason. You're supposed to want to see more (butt meat)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

the thing is I'd like to see less tho

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
It looks like a movie aimed at children so I don't have to care about it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WarEternal posted:

If Chris Pratt's voice is "too recognizable" then I dunno about Bowser, who's is very obviously Jack Black and making Jack Black facial expressions.

Kind of blown away at how much Bowser can be made to look like Jack Black in the face without his design looking like it's even been changed

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Kind of blown away at how much Bowser can be made to look like Jack Black in the face without his design looking like it's even been changed

From me it's not even a complaint, I quite like Jack Black. Just funny if the complaint is "too recognizable", Bowser is half a step away from saying SKADOOSH.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

WarEternal posted:

From me it's not even a complaint, I quite like Jack Black. Just funny if the complaint is "too recognizable", Bowser is half a step away from saying SKADOOSH.

Yeah I didn't get that at all from Bowser - even knowing it was Jack Black. It just sounds too much like, well, any guy doing a gruff "bowser" like voice.

Either way I'm going to watch the movie and probably really enjoy it. My kids and I all watch Illumination stuff pretty often.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I much prefer ElectricalBeast’s Bowser voice. Needs more evil test imo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I AM GRANDO posted:

I much prefer ElectricalBeast’s Bowser voice. Needs more evil test imo.

Gra ha haaa

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

WarEternal posted:

Yeah but Jack Black is actually good and cool and likeable.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

WarEternal posted:

Im good with Jack Black hes always fun - please ignore fallon

https://twitter.com/toast_star/status/1578118339632762881?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRb4U99OU80

From the writer of Malignant

The end gives a bit of the insanity away so just bail once you get the gist of it but hell yeah I’m in

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The end gives a bit of the insanity away so just bail once you get the gist of it but hell yeah I’m in

Bless theres a bit of GLaDOS in M3gan's voice as the trailer goes on :o:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

We had a bunch of re-shoots trying to get down to PG-13. It was amazing they ever thought it was a good idea to ignore young females, movie is going to make 3x as much now.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Give whoever came up with the Spooky Taylor Swift needle drop a big ol’ raise, that trailer is great

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Fuckin robots, always killin folk

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

We had a bunch of re-shoots trying to get down to PG-13. It was amazing they ever thought it was a good idea to ignore young females, movie is going to make 3x as much now.

It’s going to be PG13?

No thank you

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CelticPredator posted:

It’s going to be PG13?

No thank you

You will be replaced by 15 girls and this will become a franchise. I'm sorry for your loss (of blood)

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
There's a huge fertile field for psychological horror and despair in that movie. I hope it just doesn't content itself going slasher.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

kiimo posted:

You will be replaced by 15 girls and this will become a franchise. I'm sorry for your loss (of blood)

Oh I don’t hate it exists that’s fine, but girls like gore too so idk, the stupid rating system needs to go.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

PG-13 is surprisingly flexible anyway, Drag Me to Hell is PG-13.

I'm optimistic, because Alita Does Child's Play is a solid concept.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love drag me to hell but with a killer doll movie you kinda have to give me some a+ kills otherwise I don’t have a lot of interest.

Drag me to hell leans more on the supernatural and crazy camera angles.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I was laughing like a maniac through that whole trailer.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

You can do horror at any age level but the thing that I think almost never works is having to adjust your audience after everything is already shot. Making a movie as an R and then editing it down is way worse than just starting with the intention to make a horror movie preteens can watch.

Those Ouija movies seemed to be pretty successful at that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It was just removing gratuitous blood I think.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

hope entirely dashed. I’ll wait for the unrated cut. I need the blood

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

CelticPredator posted:

I need the blood

Solid title for a vampire/splatter flick.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Schwarzwald posted:

Solid title for a vampire/splatter flick.

(Obviously)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

CelticPredator posted:

hope entirely dashed. I’ll wait for the unrated cut. I need the blood

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_getipjgE

Look, I'm a complete sucker for Christmas movies, so this movie is 100% made for me. Sorry not sorry.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Bless theres a bit of GLaDOS in M3gan's voice as the trailer goes on :o:

"I'm not equipped at all to raise children. I can't even keep my house plants alive. I have no idea what I'm doing here"
"What do you do for a living"
"I'm creating an android whose sole function is to take care of the physical and emotional needs of children"

Lol. I love that this is from the writer of Malignant. They know exactly what they are doing.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005
And directed by the writer/director/editor of Housebound (2014)
It's gonna rule

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Megasabin posted:

"I'm not equipped at all to raise children. I can't even keep my house plants alive. I have no idea what I'm doing here"
"What do you do for a living"
"I'm creating an android whose sole function is to take care of the physical and emotional needs of children"

Lol. I love that this is from the writer of Malignant. They know exactly what they are doing.

This feels like any lab technician/scientist I know tho

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Shageletic posted:

This feels like any person in tech I know tho

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

thrawn527 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qp_getipjgE

Look, I'm a complete sucker for Christmas movies, so this movie is 100% made for me. Sorry not sorry.

Oh yeah. Can't wait. Those two together should be funny.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Will Ferrell hasn't been funny in almost two decades.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

clown shoes posted:

whatever micro mike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

clown shoes posted:

There was a time when Will Ferrell was funny?