Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Wait till you see steam sales...

Although lately I've bought nothing on the because I already have so many games to not play I keep wondering if I need to add more to the pile where steamdb tells me how many games haveike 3-4hrs of play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

njsykora posted:

There are usually 2 shipment collection days a week. So if your stuff was packaged on Saturday it’s waiting for a pickup which is probably going to be today.

FWIW, this only seems to be true in the US.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Mine got picked up yesterday. Was scheduled for delivery today. Is not going to make it since it's not out for delivery. Tracking bounced back between Thursday and Wednesday a few times. My cel phone is coming tomorrow too so that works out for me anyway so I can get my required in the office days instead of being home Weds and Thursday for high value deliveries.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Gay Retard posted:

I can't believe Sony hasn't been able to coax Konami into letting Bluepoint or whoever remake some of those older games. Do they not want free money?

There are as I understand it some tricky issues with MGS2+3 with some of the real world archive footage they licensed for them. There were some comments from Konami around the MGS 25th anniversary earlier this year that they at least wanted to get them back on sale.

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Uh, it was out for delivery this morning, now it went back a step and says "in transit international shipment release" again.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I am following the MGS discussion with great interest. I played most of MGS2 on xbox (said xbox is long gone) so I can do without replaying that. I've never played 3 though.

I did a little research on getting the 3DS version's fps up, but nothing concrete just yet.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PantsBandit posted:

I am following the MGS discussion with great interest. I played most of MGS2 on xbox (said xbox is long gone) so I can do without replaying that. I've never played 3 though.

I did a little research on getting the 3DS version's fps up, but nothing concrete just yet.

Ah 3's the loving best one.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Gay Retard posted:

I can't believe Sony hasn't been able to coax Konami into letting Bluepoint or whoever remake some of those older games. Do they not want free money?

Konami doesn't give much of a poo poo about it's gaming department these days, whatever it makes from it's games are a pittance compared to their stupid pachinko business.

eddiewalker posted:

I installed Pikmin to show my wife that I didn’t just buy another toy for myself.

Now the Deck is hers. ☹️

She has good taste, also fuckin' lmao. Please tell me you have the Wii versions of Pikmin 1 and 2 on there; also the Switch version of Pikmin 3 has the full story in Co-op so you can play with her if you'd like, I did a full playthrough on Deck and it ran pretty well save for some big graphical issues on Yuzu, Ryujinx might be better.

Also a reminder for any new Deck owners there's a Discord for all things goon Steam Deck so if you want to idle in yet another Discord on the off chance you have a question once a month, feel free:
https://discord.gg/mcp79gPXJf

I'm not the best at the whole Discord thing with roles and all that poo poo, so if anyone has suggestions or wants to spruce the place up I'm all ears.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ah 3's the loving best one.

3 is my favorite game of all time, period. I really wish they'd port 4 to literally anything else. It won't emulate well in anything either

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

There's a new app that allows you to browse and download boot video animations from Steam Repo called Steam Repo Manager so you don't have to dive through the directories yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-cl72fhfZk

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Opopanax posted:

3 is my favorite game of all time, period. I really wish they'd port 4 to literally anything else. It won't emulate well in anything either

I'd like to see a remake of 4 or re-release to see if I'd stand by my take from the time. I felt it seemed more cutscene than game and like what Kojima really wanted to do was make a 20 hour movie. It was cool that he was trying to tie up all of the loose ends, but I just didn't find the game that engaging and largely just watched my roommate play it, since he was hooked.

I enjoyed Death Stranding, so might actually love 4 on replay, or I might still find waiting 10-15 minutes in a few spots before having input tedious.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

sigher posted:

There's a new app that allows you to browse and download boot video animations from Steam Repo called Steam Repo Manager so you don't have to dive through the directories yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-cl72fhfZk

Sounds like it’s also going to become an official thing you can buy using the steam points thingies soon enough, much like the keyboard skins.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

From this new humble bundle:
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/melee-mayhem-bundle?partner=nintendeal

Included for $12:
Nickelodeon Brawl Stars
Song of Iron
River City Girls
Chronicon

Are playable on steamdeck

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a trick to getting the Halo MCC to work?

I can download the base game (Reach), but when I go into the game's menu to download the other campaigns, no downloads begin.

I don't think there's a way to trigger the downloads outside of the game's own menu is there? On PC i'm pretty sure you once you selected the campaigns you wanted, you then saw the individual games downloading in the steam download menu.

Edit: I mean Reach seems to run fine for the minute i had it o for so i'm assuming the rest of the games would run fine too if i could get any of them to download.

Kin fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Oct 12, 2022

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Konami’s refusal to do anything with MGS is just one of those baffling business things that doesn’t make a lick of sense.

I think those ports would clean up if dumped on Steam. I know pachinko is their jam now but surely the cost/effort/reward ratio is just leaving HEAPS of money on the table.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Well, you'd think so for Bloodborne on PC as well and yet here we are.

Usually if there's a re-release of some Japanese game that's conspicuous by its absence the ultimate explanation is some senile 90-year old executive throwing a piss baby temper tantrum. Kojima had an acrimonious split with Konami and some similar problems happened with a lot of the composers for Konami's arcade rhythm games as well. Also (Lost) Judgment until a few weeks ago, and Ninja Gaiden Black, and probably some others too. That is if you believe the gossip anyway, which should admittedly be taken with a hefty pinch of salt.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009

Kin posted:

Is there a trick to getting the Halo MCC to work?

I can download the base game (Reach), but when I go into the game's menu to download the other campaigns, no downloads begin.

I don't think there's a way to trigger the downloads outside of the game's own menu is there? On PC i'm pretty sure you once you selected the campaigns you wanted, you then saw the individual games downloading in the steam download menu.

Edit: I mean Reach seems to run fine for the minute i had it o for so i'm assuming the rest of the games would run fine too if i could get any of them to download.

Not sure you have the exact same problem, but I spent a good time yesterday trying to get downloads to start, too. What it ended up being is that there's a specific button to hit on the bottom left of where you select which campaigns or multiplayer to install. I don't remember exactly what is said, but something like, "confirm," or "apply," or along those lines.

Edit: just checked, it's, "Accept Selection."

PageMaster fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 12, 2022

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

PageMaster posted:

Not sure you have the exact same problem, but I spent a good time yesterday trying to get downloads to start, too. What it ended up being is that there's a specific button to hit on the bottom left of where you select which campaigns or multiplayer to install. I don't remember exactly what is said, but something like, "confirm," or "apply," or along those lines.

Edit: just checked, it's, "Accept Selection."

Yeah, found that button. Fixed my issue though. Seems like I just needed to restart the deck to get the download to kick in.

Now my new problem is figuring out how to get files onto the deck from my PC. My network is running through some Huawei router poo poo which is obscure and a pai in the rear end, so the FTP approach isn't working.

Onedrive worked yesterday but it took waaay to long to upload things.

I've got an external windows formatted HDD, but it doesn't have a USBC connection. Best I can think of is maybe copying stuff to my phone and then using that as portable storage instead. I think I've got a USBC-USBC cable but other than that, i'm stumped.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

5 hour battery life running 3DS emulation at 2x speed at 4x native resolution at 60FPS? Fun, and cool

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Went to buy Brutal Legend and... I already own it. If I had a dollar for everytime I tried to rebuy a game i could buy so many more games

Also I noticed Outcast - Second Contact is $1.50 but no deck info, anyone know if it will play?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Pages ago, someone mentioned a plug-in or something you can download that expands the “verified on steam deck” icon that shows what games work well on the deck. Like, it was an additional icon from another source. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Pages ago, someone mentioned a plug-in or something you can download that expands the “verified on steam deck” icon that shows what games work well on the deck. Like, it was an additional icon from another source. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

I believe you're talking about this, a plug-in you can get with Decky Loader, here's the list of Plug-ins:

https://plugins.deckbrew.xyz/

It's ProtonDB Badge one. First install Decky Loader onto your Deck:

https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/decky-loader

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

jokes posted:

5 hour battery life running 3DS emulation at 2x speed at 4x native resolution at 60FPS? Fun, and cool

what game

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

bravely default baby-- I think i understand why everyone fucks with that TDP limiter

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

How many controllers can connect to this thing with bluetooth? If I wanted to bring this thing over to friend's house to play Crawl or TMNT, could I do it?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

sigher posted:

I believe you're talking about this, a plug-in you can get with Decky Loader, here's the list of Plug-ins:

https://plugins.deckbrew.xyz/

It's ProtonDB Badge one. First install Decky Loader onto your Deck:

https://github.com/SteamDeckHomebrew/decky-loader

I would install Decky Loader but I can't remember what password I used when I set one to install Emudeck's advanced features and I don't care enough to do a OS reinstall.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

njsykora posted:

I would install Decky Loader but I can't remember what password I used when I set one to install Emudeck's advanced features and I don't care enough to do a OS reinstall.

You can reset it without a reinstall, I think

https://www.reddit.com/r/SteamDeck/comments/tuoidv/forgot_my_password_for_the_konsole_now_what/i3523n9/ looks plausible

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Are there any good third party cases for the deck yet? I'd like one that has room for the (or a) power supply, a small hub, and a wireless mouse ideally, but mostly just something that has a bit more storage inside the case than the Valve one.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Lord Lambeth posted:

How many controllers can connect to this thing with bluetooth? If I wanted to bring this thing over to friend's house to play Crawl or TMNT, could I do it?

Apparently up to 16 in theory but you’ll probably have issues past 4

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I'm having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to transfer files onto the deck.

I tried warpinator with no joy, the deck sort of saw my laptop but not vice versa.
I tried the FTP thing in the OP, but windows threw back a proxy error telling me the deck was read only before asking me to open up a different app
I tried connecting the deck to my laptop via Bluetooth, but it's only recognised as an audio device
I tried connecting my android phone via the USB connection but the deck wouldn't detect it (even when i tried the MTB setting)
I connected the deck to my phone via Bluetooth and had the option to send files to my phone but trying the other way failed.

Like, short of buying another USB drive purely to transfer files, is my only option to slowly upload poo poo to onedrive to port it across?

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Have you tried SFTP?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

MockingQuantum posted:

Are there any good third party cases for the deck yet? I'd like one that has room for the (or a) power supply, a small hub, and a wireless mouse ideally, but mostly just something that has a bit more storage inside the case than the Valve one.
I haven't seen any, I'm guessing most companies are looking at the fact that the Deck comes with a case and figuring its not worth bothering.

Kin posted:

I'm having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to transfer files onto the deck.

I tried warpinator with no joy, the deck sort of saw my laptop but not vice versa.
I tried the FTP thing in the OP, but windows threw back a proxy error telling me the deck was read only before asking me to open up a different app
I tried connecting the deck to my laptop via Bluetooth, but it's only recognised as an audio device
I tried connecting my android phone via the USB connection but the deck wouldn't detect it (even when i tried the MTB setting)
I connected the deck to my phone via Bluetooth and had the option to send files to my phone but trying the other way failed.

Like, short of buying another USB drive purely to transfer files, is my only option to slowly upload poo poo to onedrive to port it across?
Get a USB-C to USB adapter and just use whatever USB stick or external hard drive you have lying around.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kin posted:

I connected the deck to my phone via Bluetooth and had the option to send files pto my phone but trying the other way failed.

With warpinator did you have Winpinator on the laptop? It’s set up as sorta two different programs

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Have you tried SFTP?
SFTP is definitely the easiest way to go, idk why the op is recommending 1970s rear end FTP of all things. Even warpinator seems, massively overcomplicating things

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Have you tried SFTP?

Edit: assume I have no idea how to set up sftp. What do i do?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kin posted:

Same deal. Just tells me the proxy server is not set up to allow full access.

Are you in an office environment?

Can you provide exactly how you invoke sftp?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Opopanax posted:

With warpinator did you have Winpinator on the laptop? It’s set up as sorta two different programs

There's different versions of the windows warpinator app. Winpinator is indeed the one you want, the other one I tried was super busted.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Kin posted:

Edit: assume I have no idea how to set up sftp. What do i do?
Go into desktop mode, bring up a terminal, if you haven't set a deck password yet type "passwd". Then "sudo systemctl start sshd", and if you want it to start automatically on boot after that "sudo systemctl enable sshd"

Then in whatever ftp client you use, just about any of them made in the last 20 years will do it (I like Filezilla), either select SFTP when you connect to the deck or type sftp:// before the address when connecting to it.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Here is a pretty decent video on getting things set up with decky

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YQhvNiI3hKI&feature=share&si=EMSIkaIECMiOmarE6JChQQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

homeless snail posted:

Go into desktop mode, bring up a terminal, if you haven't set a deck password yet type "passwd". Then "sudo systemctl start sshd", and if you want it to start automatically on boot after that "sudo systemctl enable sshd"

I set that up first-think because I am smart.

I recently found that I forgot the password I set because I am dumb.