Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ymgve posted:

No one but zuck and cryptoscammers are losing their minds over metaverse stuff, everyone else that liked the idea is already using second life and vrchat

Yeah that's the funny part, literally no one outside the Facebook C-suite is hyped for this. Even the rest of Facebook hates it, there was a leaked memo recently weighing the possibility of straight up ordering everyone to use it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Whizzing Wizard posted:

that's the only one I've actually finished, which makes me disqualified to defend the series.

I just really like the goofy "Star Trek but it's an anime" thing it going on .

Star Trek but instead of any actual space stuff they just keep crash landing on underdeveloped planets and get roped into medieval fantasy plots

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I remember thinking Star Ocean to the End of Times was a cool name when that came out.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is a powerful title

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

dervival posted:

better than my spouse making ramen with dr pepper instead of water, at least

I was surprised to learn how much sugar goes into "savory" sauces to make them good, but this still sounds like a nightmare

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've got a pulled pork recipe where you slow cook the pork in Dr Pepper for 8 hours and it turns out really well, honestly

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

cheetah7071 posted:

jesus christ that's what metaverse looks like?

that's what techbros are losing their minds over?

"the metaverse" was an existing meaningless buzzword before facebook renamed itself to capitalize on the hype. lots of unrelated poo poo uses that word.
that's what "horizon worlds" (fbmeta's vrchat+secondlife clone) looks like.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

"the metaverse" was an existing meaningless buzzword before facebook renamed itself to capitalize on the hype. lots of unrelated poo poo uses that word.
that's what "horizon worlds" (fbmeta's vrchat+secondlife clone) looks like.

yeah, there's a ton of these vrchat knockoffs floating around that are predominantly differentiated only by how much NFTs and crypto are integrated into their framework. it's another classic example of "entrepreneurs" reinventing the wheel and then selling it to clueless VCs who don't already realize that you can do exactly what meta is promising in vrchat or second life right now, aside from whatever hogwash future tech they're promising will exist

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
although fb's rename-the-company marketing move is clearly working cus tons of people are conflating the existing metaverse meaningless-hype-word with their dumb vr product

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I kinda want to check out their stupid VR social game, but it's not available on anything but Quest VR headsets. I don't think I can use it on my Reverb G2?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I think most rational people have finally figured out that crypto is full of poo poo and that pretty much everything the cryptobros out of silicon valley have been pushing for the past few years are increasingly convoluted and bare faced pyramid schemes

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Waffleman_ posted:

My favorite part of techbro metaverse nonsense is this weird insistence that people will want their avatars to look exactly like they do in the real world.

Call me when they start making catgirl avatars

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Help Im Alive posted:

Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness is a powerful title

I always get it mixed up with Infinite Undiscovery

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Arzaac posted:

I've got a pulled pork recipe where you slow cook the pork in Dr Pepper for 8 hours and it turns out really well, honestly

Same but it's Coke, so your pork doesn't end up tasting like medicine

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Rarity posted:

Call me when they start making catgirl avatars

Remembering the failed Lego game that tanked because the overhead of running a full time mod crew to weed out Penis Lego was astronomical.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Dr. Pepper haters should try Moxie. Now there’s a flavor tonic with some pep to it! :getin:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Infinitum posted:

Same but it's Coke, so your pork doesn't end up tasting like medicine

Just sounds to me like you've got some pretty tasty medicine over there

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I tried Sarsaparilla on a whim during one of my New Vegas replays. I like it and everyone I know hates it so I think it has to be part of my personality now by gamer law.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Dewgy posted:

Dr. Pepper haters should try Moxie. Now there’s a flavor tonic with some pep to it! :getin:

Moxie is for real sickos

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Actually while we're at it how does everyone feel about pineapple on pizza

I like it, I feel like the acid really cuts through the grease

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Arzaac posted:

It's good but they usually don't cook the pineapple enough to get good caramelization on them, which is the best way to have pineapple on pizza. Also really great if you add jalapenos to your ham/pineapple pie.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Arzaac posted:

Texture is too strange don’t care for it

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's good but they usually don't cook the pineapple enough to get good caramelization on them, which is the best way to have pineapple on pizza. Also really great if you add jalapenos to your ham/pineapple pie.

Agreed on all points. Pineapple needs at least a little bit of heat to balance out, so easy options are either dried red pepper flakes or thin slices of jalapenos.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Arzaac posted:

it's good but it works better paired with pepperoni instead of the usual ham

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Arzaac posted:

it's good but i think it requires special consideration with regards to temperature/cooking time compared to other toppings

if it's in too long it'll get dry and taste gummy, but if it's in too short it's disgustingly soggy to bite into. you need it to hit that texture where it's firm but still juicy so that it melds well with the other textures and flavors of a typical pizza

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Moxie tastes like actual dirt. Like I've spent a lot of time in west Texas, where if you open your mouth outdoors on a windy day you immediately eat dirt, and that's what Moxie tastes like.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
the real place for pineapples is in curry

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I remember when this thread used to be about video games

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

ever try green chiles in the place of jalapenos there? that's a pretty common combo here

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Rarity posted:

??

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

My favorite part of techbro metaverse nonsense is this weird insistence that people will want their avatars to look exactly like they do in the real world.

as a horsegirl with heterochromia, I couldn't be more excited

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Anyone have some bike tire pump recommendations?

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Rarity posted:

Agreed, this thread should now be about Overcooked

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I remember I drank a Faygo once and it did not make me say woop woop but I wanted to die cause it was absolute trash

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Rarity posted:

You’re now posting in Gamers With Spoons

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

audible has hit me with the auto renew 5 months in a row but I haven't bought a single book any recs

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rarity posted:

gimme a second

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Help Im Alive posted:

audible has hit me with the auto renew 5 months in a row but I haven't bought a single book any recs

What do you like to read ?

If you're just looking for anything, how about Ancillary Justice?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Cancel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've got like 30 Audible books and have never paid for the subscription. You can just start a free trial, cancel it and keep the book every three or four months. Sometimes they even give you another book to stop you cancelling.