Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Got my Severin The Changeling UHD. Might pop it in to get a brief look but probably saving it for later in the month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

A truthful biopic about the Warrens would be fun, pedophilia and all

:yikes:

yoohoo
Nov 15, 2004
A little disrespect and rudeness can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day
I watched Dead Heat last night and that belongs up there with Tammy and the T Rex in terms of must owns.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

This gif has been getting quite a bit of use on Reddit this year so hopefully that means more people are discovering Dead Heat.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Dead Heat was alright, but idk about comparing it to an actual masterpiece of schlock like Tammy and The T-Rex

VoodooXT
Feb 24, 2006
I want Tong Po! Give me Tong Po!
More people need to discover In the Cold of the Night

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Umbrella entertainment has a buy 1 get 1 free Halloween sale on and also have special Ozploitation covers for Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Day of the Dead and Hellraiser.

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Bought way too many of the new 4ks this week. Including that Halloween 1995-2002 collection I swore I wouldn't buy but picked up anyway because there's something wrong with me. I'm dreading the upcoming credit card bill.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Now I'm thinking of an aggressively Australian Hellraiser.

"Oi, mate! We have such bloody sights to fucken' show you!"

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

Casimir Radon posted:

Hadn’t heard about the pedo stuff. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised.

https://www.inverse.com/article/39376-conjuring-true-story-ed-lorraine-warren-alleged-underage-sex

At the center of THR’s reporting is Judith Penney, who claims that she began a sexual and romantic relationship with Ed in 1963 at the age of 15 with Lorraine’s knowledge. In a sworn declaration given in November 2014, Penney, now in her 70s, claimed to have lived with the Warrens as Ed’s “lover” for 40 years. Penney was even arrested shortly after moving in with the Warrens for the simple fact that she’d moved in with a married man.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Got the ROTLD UHD with poster today.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
My Bill and Ted UHD arrived 4 days early! Won’t get to touch it until at least Monday though :(

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Powerhouse/Indicator is having a big ol' sale.

And I just got a shipping notification for the Nobuhiko Obayashi 80s box set so if you ordered that they're going out now.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hmmmm Indicator sale prices are pretty drat nice and I was really happy with the first batch of them I bought. Said I wasn’t buying anything else, guess I probably lied.

Edit: Any opinions on Bloody New Year?

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 8, 2022

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
Anyone have any opinions on blu ray ripping software lately? I just got a nas and finally have the spare space to start ripping my collection with wild abandon. I know 10 years ago AnyDVD was the best available and it looks like they're still around. I also see dvdfab and makemkv are both popular choices. Is there any software you all recommend to use or avoid?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Moved into a house today, and despite scheduling w them a month ago, Comcast biffed it. We’ll hopefully be able to get them out today to give us a line, but it was nice to throw on a disc and feel smug last night!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rahu posted:

Anyone have any opinions on blu ray ripping software lately? I just got a nas and finally have the spare space to start ripping my collection with wild abandon. I know 10 years ago AnyDVD was the best available and it looks like they're still around. I also see dvdfab and makemkv are both popular choices. Is there any software you all recommend to use or avoid?

MakeMKV. I ripped my entire collection on my Mac to my Synology NAS this way. I went the full disk backup route.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

MakeMKV and then Handbrake if you wanna get smaller files

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Tim Whatley posted:

MakeMKV and then Handbrake if you wanna get smaller files

I always get lost on the best settings for handbrake. Is there a good guide that breaks it down for idiots like me? Like low quality, good quality, best quality.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

dorium posted:

I always get lost on the best settings for handbrake. Is there a good guide that breaks it down for idiots like me? Like low quality, good quality, best quality.

Trouble with handbrake is it's good'n granular on most aspects but when you get to the video quality tab it has a laffo slider instead of simply letting you enter what mbps you want. I was converting an OTA 1080i recording Friday which had a video bitrate of (about) 14,300 mbps and i had to run 5 tests guessing which number on their dumb slider would get me closest to that. It was 15 btw. Anyway good luck!

pwn fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Oct 10, 2022

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

You just change mode in handbrake if you want to use actual mbit encoding instead of CQ/RF which is more about a consistent quality mode that can make super big files if you’re not careful.

edited the wrong abbreviation.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 11, 2022

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Prime Day 2.0 or whatever it’s called has some decent physical media sales. I took a look expecting to buy nothing and ended up with Maximum Overdrive and the Criterion of Pan’s Labyrinth.

Usually when Amazon has movie sales it’s always garbage I have no interest in.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I had around $150 of 4ks in my cart before I saw the deal on PS5 memory, so I'm settling for just the Hitchcock collection this time around

zer0spunk
Nov 6, 2000

devil never even lived
Honestly, these sales are the only time I'm buying things.

Just bought shawshank, leon, hereditary, american pyscho, singing in the rain, heavy metal, bladerunner, and animal house

knocked out like half of my wish list...will probably pick up the two criterions i'm eyeing in that sale today too.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

50% flash sale at Criterion

https://twitter.com/Criterion/status/1579865579065774082

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Grabbed some 4Ks (Hellboy, Inception, Groundhog Day, Punisher War Zone)

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

So now that I've got all the Halloween hardboxes from Scream Factory, what are the best-looking versions of Halloween '18 and Kills that won't break the bank? Should I just wait for the inevitable boxed set after Ends comes out?

edit: Shelfie for content

edit 2: PS anyone got a slipcover for my poor, naked AGFA Dirty Dolls?

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Oct 11, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Got the Wizard of Oz 4K from Amazon for like :10bux: , hell yeah

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Went back and got The Meg and Godzilla Vs Kong for a little over $20 together.

I’m just shocked as hell that Amazon is discounting stuff people actually want. The first time they did Prime day it was all Amazon smart products and cheap garbage no one in their right mind would buy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

This Is the Zodiac posted:

So now that I've got all the Halloween hardboxes from Scream Factory, what are the best-looking versions of Halloween '18 and Kills that won't break the bank? Should I just wait for the inevitable boxed set after Ends comes out?

drat fine shelf setup

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Hoo boy, poo poo got real dark there for a minute. Added 200 dollars of movies, whittled it down to an acceptable amount. Picked up indy 4k,rear window, and untouchables.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I’ve had the Hitchcock Blu-ray set for only a few years, and it looks really nice. So that’s kept me from upgrading any of those movies, yet anyway.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Kingtheninja posted:

Hoo boy, poo poo got real dark there for a minute. Added 200 dollars of movies, whittled it down to an acceptable amount. Picked up indy 4k,rear window, and untouchables.

Woops I made the mistake of going back and ended up with Batman tas on blu ray.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

drat fine shelf setup
:tipshat:

Every couple of days I go over and move things around, sometimes in anticipation of an incoming order, sometimes to see how things I want will fit, sometimes for absolutely no reason.

I imagine it's a sickness that afflicts all of us.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Are those shelves something you bought online? I need something like them and they look good for my purposes.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

CPL593H posted:

Are those shelves something you bought online? I need something like them and they look good for my purposes.
They're these shelves from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B079BR3SYS. You get a small, medium, and large in a package which are roughly 8, 12, and 16 inches respectively. I have multiple sets in the picture but they're cheap.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

They're these shelves from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B079BR3SYS. You get a small, medium, and large in a package which are roughly 8, 12, and 16 inches respectively. I have multiple sets in the picture but they're cheap.

Thanks. I need some small shelves for my dolls action figures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dolls have clothes action figures do not.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

CelticPredator posted:

Pervert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

CelticPredator posted:

Barbie becomes an action figure when you take her clothes off :thunk: