Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
You can get bubble gum flavoring though. Just put some in muffins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

SuddenCactus posted:

What is "sport pepper"?

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/sport-peppers/

So named for their nutritional value prized by athletes, much like Ritter Sport

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Yoshi Jjang posted:

All this discontinued foods talk reminds me of my ultimate favorite snack I'll never have again.

These bubble gum flavored muffins were something I ate a lot as a kid in the 90s. They were colored a bright orange with pink dots scattered on it, and I loved them because they reminded me of the mushrooms that Toad and Peach would throw at you in Super Mario Kart on the SNES. What I'd give to taste these probably-now-sickeningly-sweet muffins again. :3:

The signs were there early on that everything was going to poo poo. Products like these began rising from the commercial depths, rearing their ugly heads to peer out of the brackish sea of marketing, and we treated them as curiosities. Now look where we are. Could we have prevented our current fate if we'd seen these harbingers of destruction for what they were? Or is this an inevitable consequence?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Porfiriato posted:

A lot of these haute cuisine places I can at least sort of grudgingly respect, because even if they're charging insane prices for tiny portions there's at least some creativity and, dare I say it, artistry involved in their prep work and presentation.

Two seared broccoli florets in a tangle of barbed wire is absolutely none of that. :effort:

Each and every litte flower tip globule of those broccoli florest have been replaced by an individually seasoned and lavender-yuzu infused sesame seed.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

^^^ lol, I can't decide if that makes the whole thing better or worse

Porfiriato posted:

A lot of these haute cuisine places I can at least sort of grudgingly respect, because even if they're charging insane prices for tiny portions there's at least some creativity and, dare I say it, artistry involved in their prep work and presentation.

Two seared broccoli florets in a tangle of barbed wire is absolutely none of that. :effort:
What, are you saying you don't like your food looking like it got caught in no-man's-land charging the enemy trenches?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

axolotl farmer posted:

Each and every litte flower tip globule of those broccoli florest have been replaced by an individually seasoned and lavender-yuzu infused sesame seed.

I was wondering if it was something like that or if they were just using one of the more interesting Brassica variants with the loopy twirly things. hard to tell. :thunk:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

What flavor of white trash do you have to be to come up with this?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

it would be monster in that case

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

https://www.chilipeppermadness.com/chili-pepper-types/sport-peppers/

So named for their nutritional value prized by athletes, much like Ritter Sport

I bought a jar of these at Jungle Jims a while back with the full intention of making Chicago Style Hot Dogs, but never did, so they're still in my pantry.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Either eat them or shove'em up your arse, one way or another they're going in!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

That's a good sport

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

throw those in the slow cooker with some italian seasoning and beef chuck for like 8 hours on low. toast a pane roll and add some provologne, top with the peps and beef

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Now you're livin' the Sportin' Life

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Ah yes, Sloppy Alla Joe

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
feelin' peppy. feelin' SPORTY.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Looks like things are getting too sporty for the pepper!

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Iron Crowned posted:

I bought a jar of these at Jungle Jims a while back with the full intention of making Chicago Style Hot Dogs, but never did, so they're still in my pantry.

They're in a salty acidic brine, they'll outlive you.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

more falafel please posted:

They're in a salty acidic brine, they'll outlive you.

We'll all be dead by one apocalypse or another in the next 10 years, so this checks out

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Making way for the rise of the sport pepper civilization

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Sports in the 1900s were very different. People thought running/weight lifting was bad for you. People took strychnine to enhance performance. Some of the best ball players got drunk every time before playing. So yeah, I could see some pickled peppers or chocolate bars getting touted as performance enhancers.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmFD1fHFoMw

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LifeSunDeath posted:

Sports in the 1900s were very different. People thought running/weight lifting was bad for you. People took strychnine to enhance performance. Some of the best ball players got drunk every time before playing. So yeah, I could see some pickled peppers or chocolate bars getting touted as performance enhancers.

Babe Ruth defined the sport

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Those were the days when a 240 lb. fat guy was the biggest player anyone had ever seen and people died playing college football every year.

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
why was running/weightlifting considered bad?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

What? Don't you enjoy a hamburger by having a friend upend a tall glass into your gaping mouth? Protip: have another friend to hold your mouth open with the special dental vise.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

By popular demand posted:

What? Don't you enjoy a hamburger by having a friend upend a tall glass into your gaping mouth? Protip: have another friend to hold your mouth open with the special dental vise.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Do they make a sport pepper flavoured ritter sport?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:yeshaha:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LOL

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OwlFancier posted:

Do they make a sport pepper flavoured ritter sport?

Ritter water sports peppers

that's my passphrase for everything.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

OH WHAT THE gently caress

Did you make that or is it like a thing already? WTF?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

in extremely Chicago news, I once had a shot of sport pepper infused Malort. It basically tasted like sport pepper brine.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Side note, I'm mad at ritter sport. I got drunk one night and was eating some of their chocolate and decided to write them an email hoping they would respond and maybe give me some free swag...they never responded. :mad:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

LifeSunDeath posted:

OH WHAT THE gently caress

Did you make that or is it like a thing already? WTF?

Lmao, I saw it recently and scrambled to find it again because it fit perfectly.

Maigius
Jun 29, 2013

Not bad per se, but a bit silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

TIG in a blanket