Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Preoptopus posted:

This happened to a guy on a winter highway in Minnesota or something. His driveshaft on his truck fell off and he reattached it. And threw his wrenches and all the tools from under the truck in order to leave. Before realizing his head was caught trapped by the drive shaft and exhaust. People kept driving by him seeing his feet sticking out from under the truck thinking oh its just some dude working on his truck and he froze to death.

I'm so sorry I read this. I hope it's an urban legend

Otherwise he must have kicked his feet frantically when he heard cars until until exhaustion overcame him I suppose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Spinz posted:

I'm so sorry I read this. I hope it's an urban legend

Otherwise he must have kicked his feet frantically when he heard cars until until exhaustion overcame him I suppose

Well being a Minnesotan he probably didn't want to trouble anybody and just went "Ope... ah heck," every time a car went by.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I like some big yellow on my dog but that's a little over the top.

Could have laid down some nice dimes and still had just the right amount.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
imagine if they had a machine that could move a welding torch back and forth real good, and it like took all these egotistical welders down a peg.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe the wood chipper is better than this thing falling on you and engaging?

https://i.imgur.com/jKZ0cht.mp4

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I like the dude in the background grinning like an idiot

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

LifeSunDeath posted:

imagine if they had a machine that could move a welding torch back and forth real good, and it like took all these egotistical welders down a peg.

This reminds me that you see a lot of memes and cornball t-shirts about being a forklift operator, which is a relatively easy license to get (poo poo I should renew mine). But I've never seen any memes or t-shirts about being the guy who runs the big crane on a construction site. You'd think those guys would be King poo poo in the smug blue-collar meme hierarchy.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

This reminds me that you see a lot of memes and cornball t-shirts about being a forklift operator, which is a relatively easy license to get (poo poo I should renew mine). But I've never seen any memes or t-shirts about being the guy who runs the big crane on a construction site. You'd think those guys would be King poo poo in the smug blue-collar meme hierarchy.

it's a Dunning-Kruger thing. the more serious the job the less people are openly bragging about it.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

LifeSunDeath posted:

it's a Dunning-Kruger thing. the more serious the job the less people are openly bragging about it.

Wait, you don't think forklift driving is Serious loving Business??

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Wait, you don't think forklift driving is Serious loving Business??

compared to crane ops? bro you ever play one of those crane games? it's like that every single time but with really expensive poo poo.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I would sit there and sort all the tiny little men and their toy cars all day

nope buddy, you're not going home you go over there, and you go on the roof, and your car goes on top of your car on top of your car lmao lol and rofl

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 12, 2022

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Karate Bastard posted:

I would sit there and sort all the tiny little and men and their toy cars all day

nope buddy, you're not going home you go over there, and you go on the roof, and your car goes on top of your car on top of your car lmao lol and rofl

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMLYNYQ3uo

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Combat Crane Ops

I hear there's a PDW in ever crane cab.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
Relevant classic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vS-YDhet4k

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I remember that. I made one in our office say “FEED ME A CAT.” No one got it.

Because you hosed up the line.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

Nfcknblvbl posted:

That reminds me years ago in this forum some IT folks were making their office HP printers say stupid poo poo on them, and got fired.

Did that at university to printers all over campus. Nothing offensive, just silly stuff like “INSERT COIN.” I was a student IT worker, so I heard that the printer admin went crazy, thought we were being hacked, and completely restricted access to talk to the printers so everything had to run through the print server. Like hell I admitted it lol.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

mobby_6kl posted:

the ents go to wara bris

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Looks like witchcraft, sigil and all

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

devmd01 posted:

Did that at university to printers all over campus. Nothing offensive, just silly stuff like “INSERT COIN.” I was a student IT worker, so I heard that the printer admin went crazy, thought we were being hacked, and completely restricted access to talk to the printers so everything had to run through the print server. Like hell I admitted it lol.

You gave him the ammo he needed to finally reign in some of those printers. I've been there.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Weave is prettier, but stringers put less heat into the material for the same strength.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

mobby_6kl posted:

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/09/cookie-cutters/

HelloIAmYourHeart fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 12, 2022

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

this just came up in conversation on discord, and i felt like making it in photoshop, and now you all can have it too.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Re: Crane chat, I am an accomplished truck and forklift fuckler and y'all can have those loving things.

I was always jealous of the guys running the marine dock cranes when I was up it Boston, I'll admit.

Since then I've only ever dealt with the train version locally but the big boys are insane. Even with a 53' TOFC one of the most amazing things I have ever seen was one get picked up with waterbeds loaded in the middle and it just ripped it in half.

You couldn't pay me enough to get up in the tall ones.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
We've had two crane collapses in the past couple of years here, and a few weeks ago some poor construction worker got snagged on the line and lifted into the air.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Mister Speaker posted:

We've had two crane collapses in the past couple of years here, and a few weeks ago some poor construction worker got snagged on the line and lifted into the air.

In Toronto?

Or did that happen somewhere else too?

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Toronto. One I don't remember where but the other one was right at Dundas and River.

The guy dangling from the crane happened way earlier than I thought, in June, and he was waaay further up than I remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Xx_hxV2z0

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

gently caress that

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Mister Speaker posted:

Toronto. One I don't remember where but the other one was right at Dundas and River.

The guy dangling from the crane happened way earlier than I thought, in June, and he was waaay further up than I remembered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8Xx_hxV2z0

Got ya. I remembered the dangling dude, but where where was the uhhhh "other" crane collapse?

I remember one at an Eglinton crosstown site, like Bayview and Eglinton IIRC, but don't remember the other one.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

this is art

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I bet walking dragline bucket wheel excavator operators gently caress

Although now that I think of it those are coal mining machines so they're probably chuds

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Oct 13, 2022

Snuff Melange
May 21, 2021

...some men,
you just can't reach.

this is an appropriate amount of mustard to put on a hot dog, I mean that with sincerity.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I like some big yellow on my dog but that's a little over the top.

Could have laid down some nice dimes and still had just the right amount.
Sir please stop calling it “big yellow”

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

SLOSifl posted:

Sir please stop calling it “big yellow”

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I prefer "yellow bottle cummies"

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Crane operators don't want people to know this but running a modern crane is easier than driving a forklift.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Sagebrush posted:

I still chuckle sometimes about a run-down restaurant I went to that had a sign in the bathroom reading EMPLOYEES MUST WIPE rear end

workplace regulations are written in blood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

devmd01 posted:

I did that to a couple of printers at work. I think one was unnoticed for a week or so, the other someone laughed, then rebooted it. Although I made sure to not run it on any printer that wasn't in IT.
I had more luck with printing out the fake voice activated printer sheet. That had one of the more highstrung data entry people yelling at it.