Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

adhuin posted:

So what are peoples opinions of the new maps so far?
I generally always love to get something new, but my favourites are:
Esperanca, Paraiso and Colosseo.

Esperanca feels like a perfect push map. Great sidealleys and walkaways to ambush and counterambush enemies.
Paraiso has same feeling for a hybrid. Early point and the 'choke' has some advantage to defenders, but it is not as choky as the 2cp maps. The Streets phase and the roofs are fun area. The club is only good, but has good sideplatform to fight.
Colosseo has less sidefights and way more linear, but the bridge-sections with a winding road up is a great fight spot.

New Queen Street, Midtown and Circuit Royal are of course fun too. Just not as much as the first 3.

I love how open the maps feel now. Especially the push maps. There's a width to them in certain places where it's just a blast to exploit good positioning. There are no maps I outright dislike the way I did horizon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Egh I think Sombra at the moment is way too powerful to make comp fun/fair when she shows up. There isn’t really a hard counter to her and having an invisible assassin towards any dps or support just throws the entire team into disarray

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

It's weird but I couldn't even tell you which new map is which. I don't feel like the map matters much in OW2, at least in the games I've been playing. I think this is an unpopular opinion, but with 1 tank and no choke points, every fight kind of feels the same. like use whatever meager cover you can find and everyone just goes full bore shooting at eachother. Even in the old maps everyone just kind of engages the same way no matter where you are.

e: we've reverted from ww1 trench warfare to that revolutionary war thing where everyone just stands in a line and shoots their musket.

headcase fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 12, 2022

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If you have a team of all girls, with Junker Queen being one of them, she'll go "Alright ladies, let's teach these boys a lesson". That's pretty good. Also apparently if Reinhardt is on a team with all characters that don't use guns, he'll mention how maybe at least one of them should have a gun.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Vermain posted:

i liked the aesthetics of temple of anubis and hanamura but i would rather be shot out of a cannon than ever play either of them again

Probably the correct reaction to those maps to be fair. :v:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Aipsh posted:

Egh I think Sombra at the moment is way too powerful to make comp fun/fair when she shows up. There isn’t really a hard counter to her and having an invisible assassin towards any dps or support just throws the entire team into disarray

Sombra and Genji are both huge problems right now. Sombra is the best flanker and just deletes people safely while Genji with the DPS passive up and blade is extremely broken. They're probably going to have to make his ult form not trigger the passive. Not sure what they do to Sombra, but those two are the best DPS currently and it's not close. 76 and Sojourn feel like a good baseline. Mei is in a weird place now though, her kit is more tank than DPS and her damage is pretty bad, they should just make her a tank and give her some direct mitigation.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
What is this supposed no gun team build?? Is it one tank two dps teo support?

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jack B Nimble posted:

What is this supposed no gun team build?? Is it one tank two dps teo support?

rein, brig, moira, genji, hanzo?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Genji's always been a problem in pugs. The counter is for everyone to immediately do a 180 when they hear RYUJIN NO WHATEVER coming from behind them, but good luck getting pubbies to remember that.

If you're lucky like I was last night you're already charging up a full Zenyatta alt-fire and accidentally whip it straight into the fucker's face before he can finish his angry shouting.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I mean I guess, I feel like Genji and Hanzo "don't count" because when I think of a melee character I think of "someone else has to deal with that pharah in the sky, that widow at extreme range, or that anyone on the high ground, because I literally physically can't".

I don't actually think there's any Melee DPS currently :hmm:

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

BabyRyoga posted:

Anti-heals should def not be full anti-heals, but there should also be more "mortal strike" debuffs in the game that lower healing effects to some extent. I'd really like it if they made Sym's primary fire slowly stack up a healing debuff at a rate of 1% a tick or something. Same with Mei's primary.

yes and then make every form of damage apply mortal strike and now we're talking

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jack B Nimble posted:

I mean I guess, I feel like Genji and Hanzo "don't count" because when I think of a melee character I think of "someone else has to deal with that pharah in the sky, that widow at extreme range, or that anyone on the high ground, because I literally physically can't".

Can you image how butthurt the hitscan elitist crew would be if someone walked up and stabbed them in the head? "NO SKILLLLLLLLL"

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Kazinsal posted:

Genji's always been a problem in pugs. The counter is for everyone to immediately do a 180 when they hear RYUJIN NO WHATEVER coming from behind them, but good luck getting pubbies to remember that.

The whole problem is that now he's supercharged with the DPS passive and there's almost no CC to stop him like before. Running from an ulting genji does nothing unless you have a mobility ability. All you can try is to kill him, but he usually kills a majority of your team first (or all of them with Ana boost. This isn't a low rank problem, this is why the top ranks and pros are all rating him so high/hating him.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Bottom Liner posted:

Sombra and Genji are both huge problems right now. Sombra is the best flanker and just deletes people safely while Genji with the DPS passive up and blade is extremely broken. They're probably going to have to make his ult form not trigger the passive. Not sure what they do to Sombra, but those two are the best DPS currently and it's not close. 76 and Sojourn feel like a good baseline. Mei is in a weird place now though, her kit is more tank than DPS and her damage is pretty bad, they should just make her a tank and give her some direct mitigation.

Sojourn is probably the most OP character at the moment. Can't really defend against no-scope headshots.
Sombra can be dealt with a buddy system, although she still will be a pain in the rear end.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
I think I've started to click with Brigitte as a big armored coward.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

adhuin posted:

Sojourn is probably the most OP character at the moment. Can't really defend against no-scope headshots.
Sombra can be dealt with a buddy system, although she still will be a pain in the rear end.

I'm talking about high end of comp/pro. Sojourn is good, probably the best all around behind those two, but there's a reason why almost every pro has Genji/Sombra in their own tier.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Bottom Liner posted:

The whole problem is that now he's supercharged with the DPS passive and there's almost no CC to stop him like before. Running from an ulting genji does nothing unless you have a mobility ability. All you can try is to kill him, but he usually kills a majority of your team first (or all of them with Ana boost. This isn't a low rank problem, this is why the top ranks and pros are all rating him so high/hating him.

Oh god I had no idea the DPS passive stacked on his ult what the gently caress that explains a lot :staredog:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Look they gotta sell that fancy mythic skin somehow.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Gotta be honest it's a sick skin. I'll probably never ever unlock it :(

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Look they gotta sell that fancy mythic skin somehow.

I'm gonna wear that skin and then I gonna feed hard.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Jack B Nimble posted:

The quote is about a no-gun team, not a melee team

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

Bottom Liner posted:

They should remove no-role competitive queue and replace it with ranked mystery heroes

competitive mystery heroes would be so cool and interesting in so many levels

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Who cares about pros

The pro experience is so wildly different from the casual experience. Genji isn't an issue at all at lower levels, this is all that matters

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Someone made this handy infographic.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

Zzulu posted:

Who cares about pros

The pro experience is so wildly different from the casual experience. Genji isn't an issue at all at lower levels, this is all that matters

My experience has been even at lower levels Genji can sometimes carry very hard if the Genji has adequate skill for their rank. Like if it's at the level where they can't properly execute their blade combo they just feed, but there's also a decent amount of teams that struggle to deal with a half decent Genji.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jack Trades posted:

Temple of Anubis removal alone does actually make OW2 better than OW1, gently caress that stage for real

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Zzulu posted:

Genji isn't an issue at all at lower levels

:allears:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.
The genji skin is actually different too. You can make it the genji colors.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I wonder if they'll re-use the assets from maps like Anubis to make non-2CP maps, or if they're just gone forever

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

Splinter posted:

I wonder if they'll re-use the assets from maps like Anubis to make non-2CP maps, or if they're just gone forever

In past they've said that re-purposing a map for another play-mode takes almost as much work as just making a brand new one.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jack Trades posted:

Mythic skins are unlike legendaries in that they have several component customization options you can choose from to mix-and-match though?

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I feel like they could make a new Egypt map and just be like "oh look, a ton of assets to drag and drop"

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I at least hope we get another map in Egypt to replace it. That map was gorgeous and it'd be a shame for that aspect to be lost to time forever.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings

But on other hand they have used existing maps for PVE maps in past. Remember rialto pve with the boss arena behind the attacker spawn with heli-escape?

There is more similar areas within the OW2 game. Start at 2:40.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzEitihDzAk&t=161s
Jay3 explored them in Kings Row, Rialto and Havanna.

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!
I like how in KarQ's tier list video it starts as being "for average ranked players", but then for heroes like Tracer and Kiriko he essentially says they are at their tier only if you're a god with them

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

DLC Inc posted:

Temple of Anubis removal alone does actually make OW2 better than OW1, gently caress that stage for real

I'm not sad to see the capture point maps go, but I would like it if they took those maps and retooled them into different modes because they are still pretty maps, especially Hanamura

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Macaluso posted:

I'm not sad to see the capture point maps go, but I would like it if they took those maps and retooled them into different modes because they are still pretty maps, especially Hanamura

I'm sure those maps will have a resurgence in the PvE mode.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

I miss 2CP :colbert:

Splinter
Jul 4, 2003
Cowabunga!

:frogout:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Macaluso posted:

If you have a team of all girls, with Junker Queen being one of them, she'll go "Alright ladies, let's teach these boys a lesson". That's pretty good. Also apparently if Reinhardt is on a team with all characters that don't use guns, he'll mention how maybe at least one of them should have a gun.

If Winston and Kiriko are in the same team, their pre-match banter has him make a paper trail joke. I audibly boooed because it was so corny and good.