Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'd love a platter of premium mangoes sliced up nice on my birthday.

Freal, that poo poo's a lot of money and effort and it's super good, gimme fruit trays please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

MK-Ultramarathon posted:

AITA for giving my daughter a fruit platter instead of a cake on her birthday?

Thought this was a fun reversal where, for once, there is a vegan and the drama is not actually centered around veganism (or, not really). I love that OP found an alternative solution that still respected her daughter's wishes, and then her daughter loved it and said she wanted it again next year, and yet SIL has a problem because the daughter... enjoyed a slightly less traditional birthday treat.
I hate cake. I hope my parents never got poo poo like this from anyone. Cake is loving gross. I preferred pie but a fruit spread would have been better than cake.

If this was me I'd be asking AITA for cutting these pieces of poo poo out of my life forever, regardless if they were family or friends.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Got a new update on a previous thread title post

TIFU learning sign language.

quote:

Throwaway account.

My mom's been involved with this new guy for a few months now. To be fair, enough time has passed for me to stop referring to him as the new guy, but he's not my dad and I guess that will always make him feel like the new guy. According to movie logic, I'm supposed to hate him for trying to replace my father or whatever, but the truth is, I like him. I like him so much that I've been learning how to use sign language to improve our communication because new guy happens to be Deaf.\n\nHe can read lips, which is how I've been communicating with him. My mom didn't waste any time learning sign language at the beginning of their romance and she's at the point now where she can have full conversations without using her voice. I was really proud of her and so was new guy. I'm not on their level yet, but I've had enough practice to follow a conversation that's not too complicated. My plan was to surprise new guy on his birthday, which is 2 months from now, and wish him a happy birthday as well as officially welcoming him to the family in sign language.

However, I never factored in the amount of dirty talk my mom and new guy were having in sign language. Not knowing that I can understand them, my mom and new guy have gotten disturbingly comfortable exposing their sex life in my company. It didn't matter if we were at the dinner table or watching tv, I would constantly catch so many dirty descriptions being communicated between the two of them. They are worse than horny teenagers, and I should know, I am one. No 17 year old son should ever witness his mother use her fingers to demonstrate how wet her vagina is.

It's gotten to the point where I'm no longer willing to wait until new guy's birthday to make it known that I can understand sign language because HOLY gently caress I need my eyes to not see this poo poo anymore.

This is an ongoing gently caress up.

Tl:dr The guy my mom's dating is Deaf. Because I like the dude, I decided to learn sign language in secret and was planning to surprise him on his upcoming birthday by communicating in sign language. Little did I know that secretly understanding sign language would expose me to disturbingly intimate conversations between my mom and the new man in her life

The Update:

quote:

Instead of informing new guy and my mom that I've been learning sign language on the side, I decided to ask new guy to personally teach me sign language in his free time. That way no one needs to know, other than thousands of strangers on the internet, that I understood my mom and new guy whenever they were talking dirty. It was the best approach I could think of that would encourage new guy and my mom to keep their sign language nonsexual around me and spare us all an awkward situation.

That being said, I didn't let them off the hook that easily. My first sign language lesson with new guy happened two days ago. He's actually a really good sign language teacher when he's not being seduced by my mom. He even promised to teach me swear words. Towards the end of the lesson I asked him about some of the things I've seen my mom sign to him. In order to sell how "new" I was to sign language, I first had to pretend-struggle how to make the wet vagina sign in front of new guy.

It was almost impossible to keep a straight face when I noticed the growing horror in new guy's eyes as soon as he realized what I was trying to communicate. He was quick to intervene and prevent me from finishing the vagina sign, which prompted him to reveal one of his first golden rules - no skipping ahead to pro level sign language. Apparently my mom's vagina falls under advanced sign language skills and therefore will not be addressed at all.

Speaking of my mom, she's been keeping her sign language relatively safe-for-son since my interest in learning sign language went public. However, this morning I did catch her complimenting new guy's butt in sign language. It was weird because now that she knows I'm learning, she feels the need to teach me too. And based on what happened this morning, she seems to think it's hilarious to teach me words like "nice rear end". Just when I thought I had the upper hand.

This is still an ongoing gently caress up, but not as bad as before. I hope.

Tl:dr The guy my mom's dating is Deaf. Because I like the dude, I decided to learn sign language in secret and was planning to surprise him on his upcoming birthday by communicating in sign language. Little did I know that secretly understanding sign language would expose me to disturbingly intimate conversations between my mom and the new man in her life. As per my update, I decided to ask new guy to teach me sign language so that everyone in the house is aware that I'm learning and avoid having intimate sign language conversations in my company. Part of my plan backfired thanks to my comedian of a mother having some fun at my expense by Jedi teaching me how she compliments new guy's "nice rear end" in sign language.

update

quote:

In between my original post and my follow up post, something happened to me that was the complete opposite of a gently caress up. I met a girl. We're the same age and go to the same school. We're not in love with each other just yet, but our relationship have become serious enough that we're considering to have sex.

I have to add that one of the things my gf loves about me is my sign language skills, albeit below beginner level. She knows all about my sign language adventure so far. I've even introduced her to my mom and new guy. Speaking of new guy, my sign language lessons with him have been going so well that I decided to pass on what I've been learning to my gf who would occasionally ask me to teach her new words in sign language.

That being said, since my gf and I started talking about sleeping together, we also started talking dirty, usually by saying what was on our minds or using sign language to demonstrate what was on our minds. Those of you who read my previous posts are probably getting flashbacks right now of me catching my mom and new guy using adults only sign language in my company when they thought I was unable to understand.

Focus on that flashback and just replace my mom with my gf, new guy with me, and the observer, which was originally me, but now being my mother. That was more or less the situation earlier in the week when my mom caught me teaching my gf dirty words in sign language. My gf and I were hanging out in the living room and my mom was resting in her room. My mom's kidneys are not in the best condition and twice a week she needs to go for dialysis. The day of this gently caress up happened to be one of her dialysis days, so when she came home she just wanted to sleep.

Usually my mom sleeps all afternoon after dialysis, which made me think I could get away with teaching my gf the ABCs of sign language: "Anal", "Blowjob" and "Cunnilingus". My gf couldn't help but laugh out loud a few times and I think one of those times it might have woken up my mom and prompted her to check up on us. However, I never heard my mom come downstairs or noticed her watching us. She never made her presence known.

I only found out about it during my recent sign language lesson with new guy. It was my first time seeing him look emotionally exhausted. He made me read something he wrote on his iPad. It stated that my mom appreciated his willingness to teach me sign language, but she's upset at him for teaching me words that made her uncomfortable, especially now that I'm using the "inappropriate" words that I've learned from him to also teach my gf.

There was a lot more to read, but it basically boiled down to new guy apologizing for upsetting my mom and for any lines he might have crossed with me during our lessons before ending it off with a question that I knew was coming: where did you actually learn those words? I panicked and told him everything. The secret sign language school I've been attending in order to eventually surprise him on his birthday, catching him and my mom dirty talking, pretending to know nothing about sign language when I asked him to teach me, it all came out.

New guy seemed shocked, disturbed, impressed, amused, touched, all at once. I apologized for creating tension between him and my mom and promised to tell my mom everything I've told him if it meant clearing the atmosphere. New guy accepted my apology and thanked me for going through so much trouble to give him such a thoughtful birthday gift. He also apologized on behalf of himself and my mom for exposing me to their spicy sign language. We hugged it out and agreed that he was gonna explain things to my mom in private, but leave out the part about me catching the two of them behaving like horny teenagers in front of me. For my mom's sake.

It kind of worked out in the end. Yesterday my mom said she was proud of me for managing to balance school and sign language classes back to back. However, she made me promise to keep the sign language PG with my gf, at least until I'm old enough to behave however I wanted under my own roof. Hopefully my mom never connects the dots and realizes how long I've been able to understand sign language lol.

The end (fingers crossed).

TL:DR My mom caught me teaching my gf sexually explicit words in sign language and assumed her Deaf bf was the one who taught me those words. As a result of the tension between my mom and her bf, the bf decided to confront me, which prompted me to come clean and tell the bf that I've secretly been learning sign language to surprise him on his birthday and that I've caught him and my mom multiple times using sign language for the same reasons I did with my gf. The truth (or part of it) finally coming out managed to restore peace at the end of the day. At least for now.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

That's probably going to be the most wholesome thing I read this week.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Jelly posted:

That's probably going to be the most wholesome thing I read this week.

The most wholesome thing heavily involving sexually explicit hand gestures for sure

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed

Jelly posted:

I hate cake. I hope my parents never got poo poo like this from anyone. Cake is loving gross.

The relationship stories are good, but the food takes are the real jewel of this thread.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Jelly posted:

I hate cake. I hope my parents never got poo poo like this from anyone. Cake is loving gross. I preferred pie but a fruit spread would have been better than cake.

If this was me I'd be asking AITA for cutting these pieces of poo poo out of my life forever, regardless if they were family or friends.

Depends on the kind of cake.

Also loving lol at the OP who posted about having a bad day on his birthday, when his wife texted he said he'd like a nice cake for dessert, and when he got home she tried to do a lapdance for him and he was just confused and like "where's the cake?"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I didn't really like cake either as a kid so my mom would make a lemon meringue pie (my favorite) and stick candles in it. None of the kids who came to my parties ever complained.

This one doesn't even need to be a discussion though. If you complain about the food someone else has requested for their own birthday, you're an rear end in a top hat. Duh

Gomez Chamberlain
Mar 22, 2005

Subakh ul kuhar!

Captain Hygiene posted:

The most wholesome thing heavily involving sexually explicit hand gestures for sure

I think you meant holesome :goatsecx:

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

AITA I used toilet at my friend's house. Got scolded for not walking 15 minutes down to my home to use my toilet

quote:

Hi, Am I the rear end in a top hat here?

I was visiting my friend who is about to get married. He has his family over of 6 people and we went for days stroll... We drank coffee and I had need to go to toilet (had to poo). So I asked if I can use toilet and his future wife told me it is upstairs. So I used toilet and I went downstairs after I did my business. Then his future wife asked me if I did number two at their place (Pooing) So I said yes.

To which she went absolutely nuts why I did not go toilet at my house because she got guests...
I cleaned after myself, used air freshener and I was not loud!

I am not even kidding but she scolded me in front of my friend's family (He is polish and she is english).

So I said I would not be able to make it home in time if she wanted me to do that anyway and I would probably soil my pants trying to run home (I live one mile away, give or take).

I told her when she kept scolding me that I do not wish her to talk to me like that in front of the guest and she could do it on one to one basis if it bothers her so much. To which she said "This is my house and if you are going to talk back to me in my house, you can leave! Get out!"
My friend told her that this is normal in slavic cultures (I am eastern european as well) to accommodate guest in very respectful manner and he disagreed with her. But I thanked for hospitality and went home as I did not want to escalate the situation...

Am I really an rear end in a top hat? Is this cultural thing? Like are really english people so sensitive about their toilets that much? What the hell? I did my business and cleaned it after myself, in fact I left it in better conditon than before as it was grimey already...

Oh, poo poo! :nexus:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

r/relationships: the ABCs of sign language: "Anal", "Blowjob" and "Cunnilingus"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

pentyne posted:

Depends on the kind of cake.
Chocolate cake is alright because at least it tastes good but few things leave my body feeling poisoned like a cake does.

Which is weird because afaik I love to eat all the ingredients in cake.

I'm open to alternate cakes with different compositions and textures than the standard American birthday cake.

Old fashioned are my favorite type of donut which doesn't make much sense I guess.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
r/relationshits: Then his future wife asked me if I did number two at their place (Pooing)

I guess for some people, American Pie was a serious discussion on bathroom etiquette.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Hope they didn't really gently caress up and use the "guest" hand towel.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

AITA for calling my best friends fiance greedy and refusing to pay for her wedding dress

quote:

My friend (28M) has worked hard his whole life- he makes over 700k a year as a SWE. She is a doctor making around 270k

Recently he starting seeing this girl lets call her "Sakshi" (27F). Now he has only met Sakshi 6 months go on Tinder, but he asked her dad to propose to her right around the six month mark. Not soon after they did a roka (traditional Hindu engagement)- and thats where things started to get crazy. Their roka (engagement celebration) was literally bigger than my wedding. They had over 100 guests AT LEAST- it was insane with a band, live dance performances from relatives, fancy gifts and crazy (beautiful) clothes.

He told me the mans side traditionally paid for the roka, and the womans for the actual wedding. I was shocked he dropped 50k on her but I moved on. Then he asked me to go to with her to buy her wedding 'lehenga' and some other jewelry, apparently the man pays for her wedding lehenga. Usually his parents would be the ones going to buy her outfit, but as his close family was in India he said as his "brother from another mother" I could represent his side of the family and go with her. He gave me his black credit card to charge, and he gave me an "unlimited budget"- basically buy whatever the gently caress she wants. I figure it'll be 2-3k, and I have his black card so its fine.

We get to the store and immediately I am shocked, it looks crazy designer, they are bringing out samosas (snacks), champagne, tea, macaroons, etc while she sits and they show one outfit after the next. My head is spinning at this point- somehow I manage to get out- how much are these- they say, the outfits start at $15,000- $25,000 dollars. FOR A DRESS SHE WILL WEAR ONCE.

I decide to call him and tell him what is going on. He frankly shocked me when he was like- of course, I told her to get something she loves, just buy her what she wants (with his card he gave me). I said no I can not spend such a disgusting amount of money on a gold- digger. This is where he started getting angry- he was like bro just pay for the outfit. I said no, and then he was like just give her my card, and leave, so she can buy it. I said hell no, not handing her your card. He started to really lose it and I was like "bro trust me I helping you". Then I went inside and informed her I will not be paying for the dress, she looked confused and was like "what is wrong??". I told her she was greedy and that she would suck him dry. She looked shocked and then embarrassed, at this point I was kind of yelling and red. She said "do not create a scene", handed the shop guy her own card and left.

The next day my friend came over to take his card back, said I " brought dishonor on him in more 100 ways", and that I was no longer invited to the wedding and that his entire family was "shamed" because of my behavior (and that he and his family would have to apologize to her family on my behalf) WHICH SEEMS TO BE A HUGE OVER-REACTION. He said she was not a gold digger, and she would be spend over 200k on the wedding.

Edit: I've added a video I found on Instagram to show an example of how UNNECESIRALY EXTRAVEGENT the engagement party was- https://www.instagram.com/reel/CX8IWviNR58/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY%3D. My wife and I chose to be responsible and put a deposit down for a house instead. I was trying to HELP

By "Refusing to pay for her wedding dress" he means, "I refused to hand over my best friends credit card for an expense he OKed."

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
Hey teen witch, I am a woman (though most likely nonbinary) and most of my friends throughout adulthood have been straight women, ALL of whom have had sex with men even though they weren't aroused, either because the men don't bother trying to please them (which is my experience) or because they have a low sex drive in general. The ones for whom sex is important either tell the guy they need more, or end it and find satisfaction with someone else. But a lot of them just don't place that much importance on sex, and stay because they are in love with good men who satisfy them in the ways that are important to them. Like the OP's partner in that story, they/we still fully consent and enjoy it anyway because it feels good to be intimate and please your partner. If I deserved a probation for my post, it should have been for heterophobia and misandry against straight men (which I will refrain from in the future because it is lovely to generalize about people of any gender and sexuality), not because I don't interact with women. I would have PM'd all that but I'm not paying for platinum while the owner continues to condone posts cheering on warcrimes and genocide.

If any of you are browsing AITA today, I warn you that a post titled "AITA for my complicated relationship with a girl?" is a very hosed up description of the OP slutshaming, sexually harrassing, and sexually assaulting a woman. It made me sick and I hope it will be removed but it was still up last I checked.

Here is an rear end in a top hat parent:

AITA for not telling my daughter that we bought her brother a laptop?

quote:

My kids (F14, M17) have been insisting that I buy a laptop for them. They both have tablets that they use for school but they complained that they need a laptop. I could only afford one laptop and knowing my kids, they will fight over it every day if I make them share so I had to give it to one of them and I knew that my son needs it a lot more than my daughter so I bought one for him and to avoid drama I told him to just use it in his room and not to let his sister see it

It was fine for a few days but then my daughter started to get suspicious about why my son spends all his time in his room so yesterday she ran to his room and opened the door without knocking and caught him using his laptop

She literally threw a tantrum, like crying and screaming at us until I sent her to her room. She called her grandparents and told them about it and while they are on our side they say we are assholes for keeping it a secret so AITA?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Hughlander posted:

AITA for calling my best friends fiance greedy and refusing to pay for her wedding dress

By "Refusing to pay for her wedding dress" he means, "I refused to hand over my best friends credit card for an expense he OKed."

Lmao what a way to spin the story with that title

PancakeTransmission
May 27, 2007

You gotta improvise, Lisa: cloves, Tom Collins mix, frozen pie crust...

Plaster Town Cop

Hughlander posted:

It's not his money lmao

Also, $25k on a $700k income (:wtf:) is the equivalent of buying a $1800 dress on a $50k income. What is wrong with this guy?
I can only assume he's madly jealous and also hanging on for his share of that cash, as if he was also a six figgie computer toucher surely he'd be able to do basic maths

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
r/relationships: I brought dishonor on him in more 100 ways

AITA for telling my Norwegian dad that he should have just stayed in his home country and never moved to the United States since he complains about the US so much??

quote:

Me (16m) and my siblings and my mom are American, my dad is Norwegian (he moved here when he was in his 20s). He complains about the US and constantly compares it to Europe and Norway (his home country) saying things like how this country is so backwards, complaining about the healthcare system, capitalism, it’s politics, and so forth. It is very annoying listening to him complain and be so negative and it is insulting as well since I feel a sense of patriotism about my country despite whatnot flaws it has.

I got fed up and said to him he should just go back to Norway then and that he should have never moved here if he hates it here so much. He tried spinning it on me and my siblings saying how we’re the reason he needs to be in America (aka implying we are holding him back here) so I said there’s no need for him to be here since our mom and him are divorced and we’d be happy to live with her full time. He said it’s rude that I said he should have never moved here because then he and my mom wouldn’t have met and hence me and my siblings wouldn’t have been born, to which I replied that my mom would probably have just married an American guy instead and we would have been born to him as our dad instead. He got mad at me (I was perfectly calm) and left the room and we didn’t speak the rest of the night.

He sent me a long text message today that went:

Dad: “… why am I so upset? You really don’t know why? What you said was incredibly hurtful and rude.”

Me: “How was it rude? I was merely providing you solutions to your problems”

Dad: “And the solution is that you don’t want me in your life. You’d rather I get out of your life entirely”

Me: “You constantly talk about how much better Norway is. If you hate this country so much then yes you should just leave and go back to Norway”

I don’t think I’m wrong here since he is the one who talks so much about how Norway is superior. So AITA for saying he shouldn’t have moved to the US then and suggesting he should move back?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

PancakeTransmission posted:

Also, $25k on a $700k income (:wtf:) is the equivalent of buying a $1800 dress on a $50k income. What is wrong with this guy?
I can only assume he's madly jealous and also hanging on for his share of that cash, as if he was also a six figgie computer toucher surely he'd be able to do basic maths
That jumped out at me too. OP starts with the fact they're earning a combined $970k but clearly hasn't really thought through what that means. That combined salary means a $15k to $25k wedding dress is like 2% of their annual income. You know who else spends 2% of their annual income on a wedding dress? Every single middle class person that I know who's gotten married! Spending $2k to $3k on a wedding dress (which OP was apparently expecting) by a typical household earning $100k or less is effectively the same as his 99th percentile income friend spending $25k on a wedding dress.

Also lol at the idea that $25k is going to be relevant to their housing deposit given their incomes. If the couple buys a typical house of a million bucks or less, they'll be able to save up a 20% down deposit easily regardless of how they spend their money right now. If they target a house worth millions-plural of dollars, the $25k is basically a rounding error in the amount of money they need to save.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for telling my Norwegian dad that he should have just stayed in his home country and never moved to the United States since he complains about the US so much??

:norway:

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I’m too busy laughing at the implication that the person making more than a quarter loving million dollars a year is somehow a gold-digger to move onto the many, many other problems with the OP’s thought process.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

AnoHito posted:

I’m too busy laughing at the implication that the person making more than a quarter loving million dollars a year is somehow a gold-digger to move onto the many, many other problems with the OP’s thought process.

Look some gold diggers do it for the money, some for the love of the game

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

AnoHito posted:

Exactly, she makes 270k at the very start of her career (at 27 she's been making dr money for like a year?) and will go on to make a lot more than that.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

In the comments he admits he's not Indian. Take a guess what he is. Take a wild guess.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Invisible Clergy posted:

Dad complains about how he's trapped in a country he doesn't hate because of his anchor children, gets mad that his anchor children say if he hates it he can go back.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Invisible Clergy posted:

lol, this guy's just baiting r/aita into a big "US vs. everywhere else" brawl, isn't he

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Quackles posted:

AITA I used toilet at my friend's house. Got scolded for not walking 15 minutes down to my home to use my toilet

Oh, poo poo! :nexus:

Years ago, I had a friend from work who started dating a girl who also worked at the place we worked.

At work we came in, changed into our work uniforms, worked our 8 hours, then changed and left. We were not allowed to leave the building. This is not unusual. We had regular breaks for if we needed to poo or piss or just normal break time during the day. This is also not unusual.

Because they worked in the same place, my friend and his girlfriend ended up getting matching shifts. And quite often she would go back to his place after work and stay over, then they would go to work together the next day.

One day when we were chatting it came out that the girlfriend never went to the toilet at work. Because it was not "her" toilet. And indeed judged harshly the other female workers who did. Not the men, apparently. Because it is "different for women". In addition she wouldn't use the toilet at her boyfriend's house for the first 12 months of their relationship. Again because it was not "her" toilet. This meant that she would sometimes go 4-5 days without using the toilet, even if she needed to. She would hold it in until she could make it home.

As someone who has been forced by circumstances to use public toilets in India, China, and Frankston this was baffling and extreme to me. But t o her it was normal and not a problem. And I could tell she thought I was a filthy pig with no control just because I took a poo poo at work, (and elsewhere) when I needed to.

I mean, she was right, but not for that reason.

As far as I know, she is still together with my friend.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Speaking of toilet non use.

Dear Prudence posted:

I share a three-bedroom house with two guys. I pay more for the room with the private bath while they share one. Generally, the main areas are clean enough, but I wouldn’t stay in their bedrooms for love or money.

“Jen” is the new girlfriend. She has a bad habit of going into my room to use the shower and toilet. She does this without asking me. I don’t like people in my room when I am not there. Especially because Jen will publicly make comments about my personal items (she brought up the color of my bras at an event when someone asked me my favorite color). Talking it out went nowhere. So I installed a lock on my door. Jen was pissed off and my housemate told me I was overreacting. I told him I pay more for my privacy and he could just clean up his act.

Things have been tense but the storm hit when I got woken up in the middle of the night.

A drunk Jen started to bang on my door and yelled at me to let her in; she was ready to piss herself. I yelled back to go ahead. She could go upstairs or down the street to the convenience store. She left and I went back to bed.

In the morning, we all found a huge pee stain on the couch. Jen was embarrassed and blamed me. I told her she did this herself and should pay for the cleaning. The guys paid for the cleaning but both are still mad at me. I have nine months to go on the lease. Help.

Prudence posted:

It’s been a while since I had to ask in response to a letter: “Is this real?” But seriously, is this real? I’m sorry but you are going to spend nine months living with two boundary-ignoring, ridiculous roommates who are mad at you as well as dealing with their criminally rude, probably-alcoholic girlfriend. You could look into what it would take to break the lease. But unless you want to trick someone into subletting your room, I think you’re probably stuck. I was going to suggest leaving a case of adult diapers outside your door with her name on them, but I won’t. Keep your head down, stay locked in your room, and ignore them all as much as possible. Also, next time ask for references before you sign another lease with other tenants.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

BrigadierSensible posted:

As someone who has been forced by circumstances to use public toilets in India, China, and Frankston

Lol, and indeed lmao

Cerekk
Sep 24, 2004

Oh my god, JC!

Foo Diddley posted:

lol, this guy's just baiting r/aita into a big "US vs. everywhere else" brawl, isn't he

I assumed it was a completely invented scenario seeking "NTA" responses, which he will use IRL to smugly justify telling total strangers to go back to Mexico.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Reminds me of this classic:

my coworker wants to find the office pooper — and it’s me

quote:

Help! I’m the Office Pooper. Every office has one. I have a medical condition that causes it but when I have to go, I have to go!
The bad part is I have a coworker who is on a witch hunt to find the Office Pooper. She sits in front of me and constantly complains about people using the bathroom to poop. I try not to get into it much but I’m scared of being busted out! I honestly don’t do it for shits and giggles. (Pun intended.) I can’t help it. How do I resolve this situation? I’ve already lied and said it’s not me, so I can’t admit the truth.

My coworker has even watched the bathroom at different times through out the day to try and find out who it is. Luckily she tells me about these stake-outs before they happen so I can avoid using the bathroom then. My stomach is hurting and my nerves are on edge. I just want to poop in peace, but that seems like too much to ask of my coworker. Any advice?

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Who are these people who don't know that the boss makes a dollar and I make a dime and that's why I poo poo on company time

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Kuiperdolin posted:

my coworker wants to find the office pooper — and it’s me

Take a dump in her trash can while she's on her stakeouts.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Kuiperdolin posted:

my coworker wants to find the office pooper - and it's me
Very disappointing to learn that the title "office pooper" refers to using the restroom normally rather than something far more entertaining - "so after the holiday party, I really had to go but the stalls were full so I just pooped in the sink in the break room" or "I regularly sneak into the CEO's private office and upper deck his toilet" or whatever.

Kuiperdolin
Sep 5, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I wish it were someone who pooped out an entire office, furniture and all. "Nice workplace, how did you come by it?" "Uuuuuh, it came with the lease."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Kuiperdolin posted:

I wish it were someone who pooped out an entire office, furniture and all. "Nice workplace, how did you come by it?" "Uuuuuh, it came with the lease."

Ralph, as you know last quarter we had our most profitable quarter ever and we're bringing in a lot of new talent. We're gonna need you to eat the taco bell

tinytort
Jun 10, 2013

Super healthy, super cheap

Hughlander posted:

I'm betting this isn't actually a speedy engagement, but an arranged marriage where the 6 months was intended to check that they were compatible and consenting. Which means that OP nearly hosed up a whole major thing that would have major consequences for his friend and the friend's family.

Even if it wasn't, busting out with "you're a gold digger who's going to leech all the money from my friend" at the wedding dress appointment where you've been deputized to represent your friend is. Uh. It's definitely a choice to make!

Absolutely the rear end in a top hat, and he's probably just burned every bridge with that friend beyond just being uninvited from the wedding. I can't imagine that the friend is going to want him near the fiancé after this.

PancakeTransmission posted:

It's not his money lmao

I think it's also Good Old Fashioned Racism. He mentions "crazy" clothes and calls the whole engagement party "over the top" and generally makes it clear that whatever culture he's from, it's not the same one his friend grew up in. It has the feel of a white guy applying his cultural values to the whole thing and refusing to understand or accept that it's intended to be a show of wealth for both sides and he just made it look like his friend's family is broke as poo poo.

SulfurMonoxideCute posted:

In the comments he admits he's not Indian. Take a guess what he is. Take a wild guess.

loving called it.

Eta: also, I watched the video he linked, and now it really reads like he's pissed that his friend and the fiance are daring to have a wedding that isn't a boring white-bread Midwestern one that adheres to his values of "pay as little as you can for the whole thing and brag about the money you saved". It's unfortunate that the friend is finding out this way that the OP has always thought of him as "one of the good ones", but better now than him causing a scene at the wedding!

tinytort fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Oct 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

Cerekk posted:

I assumed it was a completely invented scenario seeking "NTA" responses, which he will use IRL to smugly justify telling total strangers to go back to Mexico.

Not enough complaints about dad using a foreign language for this to be the scenario.