Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Quinnen has ascended to the tier below Aaron Donald. Lawson and JFM dominating.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Moo/status/1580304899811971081

Quinnen is doing the contract year thing. Do you really want to pay a IDL 23ish million a APY?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

Quinnen is doing the contract year thing. Do you really want to pay a IDL 23ish million a APY?
Now you’re going to complain about having an elite DT because you’ll have to pay him? He’s going to get at least $20m per.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Diva Cupcake posted:

Now you’re going to complain about having an elite DT because you’ll have to pay him? He’s going to get at least $20m per.

lol not complaining, he's having a good year just asking if you think the Jets are going to resign him... What did we say it would take a few months back? 19? it's gonna be mid 20s.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Our injury report is fascinatingly long.

https://twitter.com/davidfurones_/status/1580309605565235202?s=46&t=NKSXTKafzQILcRpRbNQ67g

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

mcmagic posted:

lol not complaining, he's having a good year just asking if you think the Jets are going to resign him... What did we say it would take a few months back? 19? it's gonna be mid 20s.
Low 20s probably and I’d be shocked if he wasn’t re-signed. He’s only 24.

Leonard Williams and Deforest Buckner are the highest paid non-Donald iDL at $21m per. Maybe he gets $21-22m per.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I think the Zappe hype is more Bill being pissed that Mac wanted to, you know, correctly heal his injury instead of rushing back onto the field in 2 weeks.

Honestly I'd rather face Rodgers then Love. Love would be much more likely to stick to the gameplan and do what the coaches want, instead of Rodgers constantly audibiling and forcing the ball downfield.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

syzpid posted:

I think the Zappe hype is more Bill being pissed that Mac wanted to, you know, correctly heal his injury instead of rushing back onto the field in 2 weeks.

Honestly I'd rather face Rodgers then Love. Love would be much more likely to stick to the gameplan and do what the coaches want, instead of Rodgers constantly audibiling and forcing the ball downfield.

Come on syzpid

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I hope Skylar Thompson has 350 yards and 4 TDs and I read an article about why we should stick with him over Tua

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I hope Skylar Thompson can play to the level of Bailey Zappe personally.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Come on syzpid

Retweet

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

good to start 3-0 and then immediately go 0-3

the consistency i have come to expect from the miami dolphins

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Balance, like all things.

Wish Tua had thanos injury rating tho

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
https://twitter.com/Marcus_Mosher/status/1580332033686896642

But the Bills can't win close games!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
That uh, doesn't really disprove that.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Getting healthy is more important than our record after this week.

Would it be cool if we entered the home stretch 9-2 instead of 7-4? Sure but the playoffs are still right there for the taking if we can keep our good players on the field.

If the key members are healthy and this team is who we think they are less than 10 wins would be a disappointment even if we’re 3-3 after this week.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

That uh, doesn't really disprove that.

Its uh a false narrative

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well you could post that to anything then, don’t know why you decided to use that graph

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Post their record in close games the last couple of years and disprove the narrative.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Paracausal posted:

Its uh a false narrative

They were 0-6 (counting the postseason) in one score games last year.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
In the last two seasons every game bar two has been a one score loss or a blow out win. There's been one big loss to the Colts and one close win over the Ravens. That's the entire narrative.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Paracausal posted:

Its uh a false narrative

Lol how is this your argument back

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

syzpid posted:

Dammmmn Jets feeling it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Lol how is this your argument back

maybe he’s Jeff Goldblum

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Lmao Ehud lmao

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Reading through the backlog of the thread, and...

tarbrush posted:

Well, we're hosed

is pepsi ok posted:

Remember when we were #1 in the power rankings?

th3t00t posted:

Bills gonna find a way to lose this game. It should be 21-3 right now. Instead it’s 10-3 and the Steelers are very much in this.

Man, I really nailed the analysis of the Buffalo Bills fans back before the season started, huh :V Reading these quotes now you would never expect that they would come from midway through a 38-3 complete pantsing of the worst Steelers squad in maybe 20 years.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

And I mean I get it, I really do, but also: :rubby:

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Redeye Flight posted:

Reading through the backlog of the thread, and...

Man, I really nailed the analysis of the Buffalo Bills fans back before the season started, huh :V Reading these quotes now you would never expect that they would come from midway through a 38-3 complete pantsing of the worst Steelers squad in maybe 20 years.

Two of those posters are Dolphins fans.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

TheBizzness posted:

Whoops, welp. Shows how good I am at keeping track of people.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

TheBizzness posted:

lol

Nov 6, 2002

TheBizzness posted:

Maybe he did that on porpoise.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

TheBizzness posted:

reasonable mistake but still lmao

there was a brief moment early in the 2nd half where the fins looked like they might pull it out to be fair

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah missing that kick was just a back breaker. Then our defense refused to stop giving up big plays. We started to gear more towards the throw and it fell apart because our rookie was a bit slow

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

I'm shocked to see the Pats so high on this list

Nov 6, 2002

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I'm shocked to see the Pats so high on this list

Didn't really turn the ball much over at all last year while they played a series of tomato cans at QB for a good stretch of the season.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

Amy Pole Her posted:

Minnesota scares me
Pittsburgh clearly sucks so let’s hope we can rebound off them at worst

Also I think every Vikings fan will agree that we have absolutely no idea how we're 4-1. It's not like we've faced exclusively easy competition, and it's not like they've ALL been nailbiters.

Most of them have been, though. The Heart Attack Kids continue their reign of terror. At least we're winning most of 'em now! The fact that our one loss was to an unequivocally good team and three of those wins came over the Lions, Bears, and Saints is not super heartening (and even the Packers win looks less shiny than it did earlier since they've been struggling so much, not that I won't take it).

Basically I think this one could go either way and will be a real good litmus test of Minnesota. Is this team for fuckin' real? I personally want to find out NOW so we stand a slightly smaller chance of winding up another victim on Buffalo's murder rap sheet when we play in November. Whose idea was it to have us play the entire AFC AND NFC East this year?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Redeye Flight posted:

Also I think every Vikings fan will agree that we have absolutely no idea how we're 4-1. It's not like we've faced exclusively easy competition, and it's not like they've ALL been nailbiters.

Most of them have been, though. The Heart Attack Kids continue their reign of terror. At least we're winning most of 'em now! The fact that our one loss was to an unequivocally good team and three of those wins came over the Lions, Bears, and Saints is not super heartening (and even the Packers win looks less shiny than it did earlier since they've been struggling so much, not that I won't take it).

Basically I think this one could go either way and will be a real good litmus test of Minnesota. Is this team for fuckin' real? I personally want to find out NOW so we stand a slightly smaller chance of winding up another victim on Buffalo's murder rap sheet when we play in November. Whose idea was it to have us play the entire AFC AND NFC East this year?

Jefferson might have 200 yards depending who is healthy and how lovely the teams feeling today. We're going to ruin that poor UDFA rookie that's playing above his head. Im excited for him to build off his start but if you let him get crushed by a technician like Jefferson at a certain point dude's mental game gets weak.

I just want my little steal of a star rookie CB to blossom and let us ditch Jones as a June 2023 cut.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

To play this up there has been 5 games played so far and in three of them the opposing coach looks utterly humiliated in their presser after playing the Bills.

They may not have the hardware yet but you love a team that's capable of just killing another team.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

pasaluki posted:

They may not have the hardware yet but you love a team that's capable of just killing another team.
Jets just forced the Dolphins to get rid of their ping pong tables. I feel this.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

Diva Cupcake posted:

Jets just forced the Dolphins to get rid of their ping pong tables. I feel this.

That's that alpha energy what can I say?
This whole division is juiced up.

AFC BEAST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
If anyone can inexplicably lose to Skylar Thompson, it’s Kirk Cousins.