Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Alan Smithee posted:

I just popped a tire

I’m at my car brand service center but I’m close to a Costco. I’ve never been to the tire center but what are the odds they would even have a replacement tire for me? How long are the auto services

Call them and see, but, normally the tires are ordered and shipped to your store… they don’t have inventory for you other than jacking someone else’s order. Maybe they’d do it but probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Alan Smithee posted:

I just popped a tire

I’m at my car brand service center but I’m close to a Costco. I’ve never been to the tire center but what are the odds they would even have a replacement tire for me? How long are the auto services

Go to a discount tire or equivalent for a pair of tires.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Do, however, go to Costco tire center just to have a sniff of the interior

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
my Costco tire has a whole lot of sets on hand, like giant stacks of tires all behind the counter but there's no guarantee they'll have tires that fit your wheels and/or are tires you even want. For that, you gotta order and honestly if you're buying tires discount tire is probably better if available.

Psion fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Oct 12, 2022

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For those kid havers out there, what are some good baby shower gifts? As in, what stuff did you find to be the most useful or whatever. Supposedly the kirkland diapers are pretty good?

Just be aware that some people are fiercely loyal to certain diaper brands, but you can probably get away with it being that it's probably their first back. Also agreeing with whoever said to get a bigger size.

You also can't go wrong with clothes. Same as diapers, get a few sizes up. It lessens the pain of having to buy your baby a whole new wardrobe every six months in the beginning.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Alan Smithee posted:

I just popped a tire

Don't forget to buy your tires in pairs

Pinus Porcus
May 14, 2019

Ranger McFriendly

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

For those kid havers out there, what are some good baby shower gifts? As in, what stuff did you find to be the most useful or whatever. Supposedly the kirkland diapers are pretty good?

Chocolate for mom.

I'm only kind of joking.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
They’ve recently put a bunch of European chocolates out for Christmas, but a bunch of them do NOT have Christmas decorations. Might make a good mom gift.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Toxic Mental posted:

Do, however, go to Costco tire center just to have a sniff of the interior

I hate that this post lived in my head for a couple hours, but it did. and you know what?

it's true. costco auto does have that smell.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I'm at the Reykjavik Costco and let's see here...

- Onions for the hotdog
- Combo Pizza Slice with BBQ Chicken instead of other meat (even better than normal combo IMO)
- Cheeseburger (pricey though, was nearly 5x the $2 hotdog)
- no $4 soft serve, instead you get $4 gelato with a waffle cone

The only thing that was a little weird is literally no Italian sausage in the whole building, but other than that, kicking the poo poo outta the US Costcos.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Renegret posted:

Don't forget to buy your tires in pairs

Do NOT ask for a a “pair o’ deeze”

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tiny Timbs posted:

.....deeze what?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tiny Timbs posted:

Instead ask for a pair of "G"s in your Kimchi

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Moving away from my local Costco. To another Costco that sells liquor. God bless.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
What do people think of the Beecher’s frozen Mac n cheese? Better or worse than the deli stuff? I always like to take cook some pancetta and stir it in near the end, too.

Been eyeing the dewalt drum fan and it’s down to $80, sold. And then surprise, my store was clearing out the electric pressure washers for $99.97 so I guess I’m getting one of those too. Wanted the gas one but I am not $300 interested in it. It was $199 on sale pre covid.

Also, the loving water softener never goes on sale ever. My unit is in the “needs to be replaced one of these years” stage so I was waiting for it to go on sale since 2019 when it was $320 and now its $400 and it still doesn’t go on sale lol. Same for the standby generator… couldn’t afford it right after buying a house but it was $4000 on sale back then (with 10% shop card) and now it’s lol $5200. Big inflation Al’s

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 12, 2022

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone have and use the pulse massager that's on sale for 40 right now?

hosed around with the $100 big rear end one in store and it definitely helped my shoulder, but don't feel like spending that much right now.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I feel like if you're gonna get mac and cheese you should either just take the 4 minutes it takes to make it at home or get some from a supermarket

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN
For some reason, the smell of heating up Lil' Smokies is the most noxious odor to me, and freakin nobody else can smell it

Ledhed
Feb 13, 2006
Doesn't believe in the letter a
The premade Beecher’s mac is great, but admittedly expensive. If you can get ahold of the Beecher’s cheese on it’s own though, it’s def worth making your own batch. The cheese itself is stellar.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Going to the church to return something and buy a whole lot more of something’s.

Probably getting a dog too.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

X JAKK posted:

For some reason, the smell of heating up Lil' Smokies is the most noxious odor to me, and freakin nobody else can smell it

yeah I feel the same way about bacon.

I like a nice thick cut bacon but the smell lingers for quite a while, a day or more, and it’s greasy and musky and unwelcome after I’m done eating. Like the culinary version of closing the browser tab in disgust after you’ve finished. And that’s one of the reasons I don’t find myself cooking bacon often except as an ingredient in something else. bit of a travesty, but it’s just kinda unpleasant after.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

X JAKK posted:

Is it when they add them straight to a hot pan with all the gross package juice? That usually has a foul smell like few other things.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Toxic Mental posted:

I feel like if you're gonna get mac and cheese you should either just take the 4 minutes it takes to make it at home or get some from a supermarket

The deli mac and cheese is nice for gatherings because you can just dump it all in a crock pot and keep it warm.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Ledhed posted:

The premade Beecher’s mac is great, but admittedly expensive. If you can get ahold of the Beecher’s cheese on it’s own though, it’s def worth making your own batch. The cheese itself is stellar.

100% agree

the reason that stuff is good is the cheese; buy that and save money on the other ingredients not worth the premium unless you really need the convenience, in which case sure get some decadent frozen mac and cheese, convince yourself it'll be worth it on your executive refund, whatever.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Whoa, the second of my two Blueberry Muffin six packs started to mold three days after I bought them :-(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Return it, 3 days is awful

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

1. The smoked beechers "world's best" mac and cheese is better than the plain.
2. The chicken and pepper was best but no longer seems to exist.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They freeze well for next time

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
You can take it straight out of the freezer, cut it in half and toast it in butter on the stove.

Unreal how delicious it is and also like 1200 calories if I had to guess.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The servings are for half a muffin iirc

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Big day for me. Went to Colorado Springs Costco on my way home. They have booze, which is good to know.

Bought gloves for car stuff that I haven't seen in my store for a long time, probably since early 2020 and they were rationed.

I got simple pull chain shop lights that I wanted for my garage. Previously they only had fancy remote ones with sensors that were too expensive and fancy for what I wanted. Two pack for $20.

Finally, my girlfriend loves the Cangshan BBQ knife set and wanted another set to give her folks as a gift. She bought hers for $60. Last week I told her they were on sale for $49.97 and she was going to buy them. She didn't. At this Costco they were $29.97. Yet they rang up at $40.00. That's bizzare to me (**.00 Prices are usually lower than the nine sevens!) but after they verified they honored the lower price and I was on my way.

Pbuc!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Oh and on the way home I got my confirmation call for my new range delivery from Costco services! I'm very excited.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Went in for undershirts and socks.

Walked out $175 lighter on random poo poo.

The chicken tiki masala is drat good and they got me with the free sample.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

There are Costcos without booze? Do you all live in Utah or something?

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Toxic Mental posted:

There are Costcos without booze? Do you all live in Utah or something?

It's hell!

To be perfectly clear I mean Spirits. Hard liquor. In store, not a seperate entrance liquor store wart business. My normal one has beer, no wine. The good ones have it all. I don't think any in Colorado have wine and beer without spirits.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MarcusSA posted:

Went in for X and Y.

Walked out $Z lighter on random poo poo.

Yeah..... just about 100% of the time I go there that happens.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

I am Costco

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Renegret posted:

You can take it straight out of the freezer, cut it in half and toast it in butter on the stove.

Unreal how delicious it is and also like 1200 calories if I had to guess.

Guess i'm gonna have to get a chest freezer now!

I already threw away the moldy muffins, do they need to see them for a refund? I might just take it as a cautionary muffin tale for next time.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

You are not Costco.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
anyone ever got glasses from costco?