Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Malleum posted:

i may be misremembering but he was selling his patented sawdust pills to other companies to slap their own labels on, and that was a big part of his income stream. pretty sure he has near 100% market penetration, every crank shilling vitamins to olds was sending money directly into alex's coffers. absolutely would not be surprised if he was a multi billionaire.

amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ringo Roadagain posted:

1 mil a day is a little much. during the texas trial, I think they found his best day was 800k in sales. who knows what the average is, but info wars was probably making 60 mil in revenue a year at least since like 2018

wow

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Wizard Master posted:

what a shame they decided not to release this episode

would love to listen to this...

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

would love to listen to this...

you listen to ever episode of red scare and jack off while choking yourself kuz ur a misandrist simp @ heart. MODS?

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Wizard Master posted:

how much would you love to give that bloke a knuckle sandwich

i support you, wizard master

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Smythe posted:

you listen to ever episode of red scare and jack off while choking yourself kuz ur a misandrist simp @ heart. MODS?

please smythe don’t go out like david carradine

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

autoerotic asphyxiust rodd

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Smythe posted:

never done this before, doesnt seem fun

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
jeff tearfully announcing smythes death while avoiding all the details

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

per smythe's wishes, it will be an open-casket funeral. but just the feet

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Homeless Friend posted:

lmfao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

SPOILER — they end up not being able to find him in person, like most of the ep is them trying and failing to find his house, and brace calls him at the end and asks if he (mckenna) would like to apologize and then mckenna hangs up. brace calls back, it goes to voicemail and brace leaves him a message

The message he left was very good. I really enjoyed the series, they should do more deep dives.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lobster shirt posted:

never done this before, doesnt seem fun

p*ssy

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
its actually way more manly to put yourself in grave danger regardless of circumstance

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo
Alex Jones comes from a very wealthy very connected family with multiple members in high ranking intel positions

you know, normal stuff.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

its actually way more manly to put yourself in grave danger regardless of circumstance

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://twitter.com/atanessi/status/1580169609709178880

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

oh god century of the self was five years ago. i didn't finish it

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Wizard Master posted:

what a shame they decided not to release this episode

The Red Scare interview with Kanye is gonna be wild

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

i say swears online posted:

oh god century of the self was five years ago. i didn't finish it

oh man you're living in 2007? lol poo poo is about to get wild. have a fun ride.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

Homeless Friend posted:

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Atrocious Joe posted:

oh man you're living in 2007? lol poo poo is about to get wild. have a fun ride.

i got kinda bored or distracted or something. you're saying i should finish it?

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Century of the Self came out twenty years ago

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fortaleza posted:

Century of the Self came out twenty years ago

lol speaking of, is there any documentary out there anyone knows of that was a retrospective on the 20th century that was filmed and released before 9/11? that'd be a fantastic time capsule since they usually include a few sentences geared toward the future

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

crazy that you didn't ask me about this. this is my whole poo poo!

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
Crazy you're not posting about me more,

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

crazy that you didn't ask me about this. this is my whole poo poo!

oh, wow, haha, yeah that's nuts lol,

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Civilized Fishbot posted:

it's absolutely bonkers. do you think he forgot?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

NeatHeteroDude posted:

it's absolutely bonkers. do you think he forgot?

post better

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Can you model good posting for me?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
NeatHeteroDude would you like to share your thoughts on the NYT article

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

NeatHeteroDude would you like to share your thoughts on the NYT article

I'm actually just killing time, but if someone linked a plaintext or something I'd read it. My assumption is that the headline answers itself?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

NeatHeteroDude posted:

I'm actually just killing time, but if someone linked a plaintext or something I'd read it. My assumption is that the headline answers itself?

it actually asks a yes or no question. it's up to you, the reader, to truly decide

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

just use https://www.printfriendly.com/. cmon

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Yeah, the industry is essentially a function of our society's broader attitude towards mental health and scaffolded supports for children who misbehave. You have one, maybe two licensed therapists overseeing a caseload of 20 kids, being served by 30 different entry-level floor staff at a ratio of 1:6 staff per kid. Many of these facilities and camps don't use evidence-based practices in their approach to behavior intervention, so, as a consequence, they utilize punishment as their primary motivator and intervention.

Regulation and oversight is a huge concern, and the same problems apply to the residential care and group hope disability support industry. There aren't enough legal precedents and federal regulations governing the treatment of kids outside of school and adults with disabilities outside of transition care (moving from school to vocational training). We pay 9 dollars an hour to a workforce of people who couldn't get hired anywhere else and expect them to be competent at supporting therapeutic interventions for kids with severe behavior struggles and needs.

It's a hosed up system that i have personally witnessed and attempted to change. Truly, the first step is ridding the childcare community of Christian treatment facilities and "camps" ASAP.

My wife was actually severely abused at several Christian "Camps" for being queer and needing a little bit of extra support that her parents could not provide. The stories she tells are harrowing and disgusting, and I hope everyone involved hangs themselves or walks off a pier.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

lol speaking of, is there any documentary out there anyone knows of that was a retrospective on the 20th century that was filmed and released before 9/11? that'd be a fantastic time capsule since they usually include a few sentences geared toward the future

Around the turn of the millennium there were a bunch but they were pretty much all 100% about how great America was and how we more or less curbstomped the entire world into complete and total submission to our awesomeness and looking ahead there is absolutely no way any of this will go badly for America ever. If there's anything bad about the US in any of them it would be something along the lines of it just being too perfect and that it's so boring doing nothing but being the best at everything without trying and not having anything to criticize living in what is definitely heaven on earth if heaven were like a billion percent better than it is.

This is the one I was thinking of specifically.

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

open-toed funeral

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

LastInLine posted:

Around the turn of the millennium there were a bunch but they were pretty much all 100% about how great America was and how we more or less curbstomped the entire world into complete and total submission to our awesomeness and looking ahead there is absolutely no way any of this will go badly for America ever. If there's anything bad about the US in any of them it would be something along the lines of it just being too perfect and that it's so boring doing nothing but being the best at everything without trying and not having anything to criticize living in what is definitely heaven on earth if heaven were like a billion percent better than it is.

This is the one I was thinking of specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Wtf they used the word "spoilers" in 1997? I swear I thought that was generally a post-2000 term.