Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

V. Illych L. posted:

i think it would be a terrible idea politically, but it would be unbelievably funny

new PM sunak gives a 'let them eat cake' speech right before christmas and we get a year of four PMs and/or people just burn down westminster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Boris put back in power because he wants to have more parties

Faithless
Dec 1, 2006
Nick Clegg, Other Meta Executives 'Inadvertently' Identified in OnlyFans Bribery Suit

https://gizmodo.com/clegg-meta-executives-identified-in-onlyfans-bribery-su-1849649270?rev=1665602961883

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol they could have had the milf former TV celebrity as pm but picked obviously the stupidest person possible instead and are now surprised it's blowing up

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

Lol they could have had the milf former TV celebrity as pm but picked obviously the stupidest person possible instead and are now surprised it's blowing up

sunak is hindu, not muslim. he's a hilf

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Jose posted:

Who?

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Mcvey

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

penny mordaunt i think

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Doktor Avalanche posted:

penny mordaunt i think

she's always been in the political machine except for the two times she was in the american political machine. i don't think she was ever a celeb

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Is there some nuance or debate within the tory movement that I am not seeing? What is the alternative or internal opposition platform besides tax cut harder and bigger?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pryor on Fire posted:

Is there some nuance or debate within the tory movement that I am not seeing? What is the alternative or internal opposition platform besides tax cut harder and bigger?

a lot of them were probably happy just cruising along picking up a paycheck for doing nothing

now the country hates them and they'll probably lose their seats and so the paycheck

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Pryor on Fire posted:

truss said it out loud. his budgets would have mimicked hers but he telegraphed during the campaign that he'd only do tax cuts on the rich after inflation was under control, which is more mainstream and possibly interventionist than truss. in the long-term they'd have govered similarly, just with a different image. very possible he wouldn't have rocked the boat so much and therefore the BoE intervention to stave off pension runs wouldn't have happened as immediately as with truss but that's conjecture

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

i say swears online posted:

she's always been in the political machine except for the two times she was in the american political machine. i don't think she was ever a celeb

Presumably this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penny_Mordaunt#Splash!_appearance

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Pryor on Fire posted:

the OBR are a right wing thinktank dressed up as a government ministry with the sole apparent purpose of promoting the fraudulent reinhart/rogoff conclusions so I guess the debate is "stop being like this and make it 2012 again please"

given that their immediate statement was "oh noooooooooo I guess we have to privatise the nhs some more" it seems to boil down to a starmerite belief that the non-truss lot could've gotten away with doing the same thing because they are sensible adults

right but mcvey was a tv presenter and celeb gameshow contestant for 20 years before she realised that she really wanted to lie to parliament and get vulnerable people killed

Spangly A has issued a correction as of 00:04 on Oct 13, 2022

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
how weird votes can't save a nation that exhausted their last dividends of colonialism and industrialization

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

caretaker PM ??

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

unless the caretaker PM is willing to go full command economy, they will also go down in flames and not technically be a caretaker PM anymore

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

lmao should cannabis lawws be toughened up

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol and lmao

It would be absolutely hysterically funny for them to bring Theresa May back, it'd be a better day on twitter than when Trump got covid

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i say swears online posted:

unless the caretaker PM is willing to go full command economy, they will also go down in flames and not technically be a caretaker PM anymore

Yeah I'm not sure any of them want the job because it's so obviously doomed. Lol that starmer does when he's inheriting all the same problems and wants the same policies

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Jose posted:

Yeah I'm not sure any of them want the job because it's so obviously doomed. Lol that starmer does when he's inheriting all the same problems and wants the same policies

naw frankly starmer is doing the good opposition politician thing where he's promising nothing and (supposed to be) attacking everything. he may be clamboring for a change in government but doesn't actually want it, and neither do the tories. nobody wants power because nobody is prepared to do what's necessary, but atm this round of musical chairs has the tories hosed

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I how how Truss and Kwarteng's incompetence has led to finance people going full "governments should not be allowed to interfere in economic policy"

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

MikeCrotch posted:

I how how Truss and Kwarteng's incompetence has led to finance people going full "governments should not be allowed to interfere in economic policy"

Yep, that's the Centrist dream: all the important decisions are reserved for Sensible Grownups who operate outside of democratic control; the voters get to pick what colour rosette their governing technocrats wear. You have a choice of blue, red or yellow!

Hillary 2024
Nov 13, 2016

by vyelkin

Pistol_Pete posted:

Yep, that's the Centrist dream: all the important decisions are reserved for Sensible Grownups who operate outside of democratic control; the voters get to pick what colour rosette their governing technocrats wear. You have a choice of blue, red or yellow!

But never green.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/10/12/hellish-blackouts-could-yet-have-silver-lining/

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

quote:

Oh, and there’s the Bonk-for-Britain push. If you haven’t heard, a Tory minister reportedly told the Sun on Sunday last week that we must use tax cuts to encourage more women to have babies to stem the declining birth rate. If that’s the case, I suggest “blackouts for baby-making” could be the tonic, and could get the Tories leaping back up in the polls. Well, we can dream.

Huuuuhh-huuuh.

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

quote:

We looked out for each other. Because we had to. Could that same sense of community togetherness be kindled today? Boy, do we need it.

And blackouts could be just the ticket to shake some of today’s youngsters out of that sublime sense of entitlement and self-righteousness.

fostering community spirit by telling the young'uns to go and gently caress themselves

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kunster posted:

Huuuuhh-huuuh.

a new spin on 'eat out to help out'

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/oct/13/green-energy-guardian-reader-growth-net-zero-liz-truss-jacob-rees-mogg

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's a mirror

https://twitter.com/LBC/status/1580473816756916224?t=gtt8PBGcbtiMhzaDu1qpEQ&s=19

Also braverman really is out to prove she's more evil than Patel

https://twitter.com/charlottor/status/1580481646012567552?t=1fVzkE8ohAo9YzcK4vbwRQ&s=19

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Kunster posted:

Huuuuhh-huuuh.

megacringe.doc

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

jesus

quote:

The Home Office has taken the modern slavery brief away from the minister responsible for safeguarding and classed it as an “illegal immigration and asylum” issue, updated online ministerial profiles show.

The move is seen as a clear sign that the department is doubling down on Suella Braverman’s suggestion that people are “gaming” the modern slavery system and that victims of the crime are no longer being prioritised.

More than a quarter of all people identified as potential modern slavery victims are British, according to official statistics.

Despite Braverman’s claims of people “gaming” the system, 97% of all modern slavery referrals concluded in the first half of this year were confirmed as genuine by the authorities.

The home secretary’s comments were contradicted by the chief executive of the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority, Elysia McCaffrey, who said: “We don’t see people gaming the system … What we see is vulnerable people who are being exploited by opportunists and criminals.”

In another sign that the government is no longer prioritising tackling the crime, there has been no independent anti-slavery commissioner in post since Sara Thornton left in April, despite it being a legal requirement since the introduction of the Modern Slavery Act in 2015.

A Home Office spokesperson said: “We are committed to tackling the heinous crime of modern slavery and in the UK we have a world-leading response. However, it is clear people are abusing our system when they have no right to be here, in order to frustrate their removal.”

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
funny how a loving empire is going 'no no no out out out'

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
You see its not 'modern slavery' if you have to pick cockles for 11 hours a day to get your dole money.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The gently caress is wrong with that lady?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Ratios and Tendency posted:

What happened to her chin

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

she wants to be PM

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Over a decade of pandering to an increasingly isolationist paranoid minority backed up by the 4 overseas billionaires who control 90% of our media seems to create these weirdos. The Tories dragging their party to the right to dredge up the UKIP and BNP dregs helped factions like the ERG effectively take control of governmental policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Ratios and Tendency posted:

she's come a long way from stealing babies for the goblin king