Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jedit posted:

The problem being that now all three major parties in England are interchangeable, there is no way to get the Tories out. You only get to pick the colour of rosette worn by the neoliberal oval office who is wrecking everything.

It's 2010 all over again! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

James not-so-cleverly

https://twitter.com/Haggis_UK/status/1580455529021046784

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Labour is poo poo but they are not nearly as poo poo as the Tories, Christ.

I guess some people also think Biden’s Dems are as bad as the Republicans.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ahahaha... the U-turn on the windfall tax for energy companies is only for renewable energy companies, not for fossil fuel. lmao

https://twitter.com/premnsikka/status/1580111077505138688

raifield
Feb 21, 2005

Convex posted:

"...I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by wokeism. Space!"

I'm glad I'm not the only one who immediately heard that quote. Tim Curry would be an improvement over...anyone in government, probably. Hell, any of us would be an improvement.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Halisnacks posted:

They're not as bad but their winning prevents anything better taking their place. Corbyn would never have become leader of a Labour Party that was in power, and if Starmer wins then his successor will be Streeting or some other LabToWin ghoul.

Is "things getting worse more slowly" really worth voting for?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Jeremy Beadle / Frank N Furter

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

🎶THINGS🎶
🎶WILL ONLY GET SHITTER🎶

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Doesn't even make sense as a defence on its own terms given there was no election.

She's done the things she promised to do that most of the country thought were poo poo and stupid when she was promising them.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

sebzilla posted:

Is “things getting worse faster and more people suffering and dying” really worth voting for?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He keeps saying "many of our international competitors", like who? Russia? Somalia? North Korea?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Means tested broadband.

https://twitter.com/labourpress/status/1580472148745154560?t=7aB9jpIsqOrD7I8tHwHbiQ

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Halisnacks posted:

Is “things getting worse faster and more people suffering and dying” really worth voting for?

Nope! Which is why I won't vote for it

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
Is pension armageddon still on? Did the pension funds do the needful?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The real question isn't which government will push to make things better (neither lol) but which is more likely to be responsive to pressure groups to make things better. With large Tory donors switching to Starmbour that's not looking great either, but Tories aren't responding to anything other than GBNews, petroindustries, and shady evangelical Christian Nationalists.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dabir posted:

He keeps saying "many of our international competitors", like who? Russia? Somalia? North Korea?

We are outperforming Ukraine! RULE BRITANNIA

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

domhal posted:

Wont know until after the deadline tomorrow.

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Halisnacks posted:

Biden is immeasurably less of a oval office than starmer.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

domhal posted:

BoE will stop helping on Friday, so that's when we welcome home armageddon.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Private Speech posted:

Biden is immeasurably less of a oval office than starmer.

The way Biden talks to his son is infinitely more charming than anything Starmer's done.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

Nope! Which is why I won't vote for it

Would you vote in a way that resulted in the party of “more suffering faster” retaining power in a FPTP electoral system?

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Biden is better than starmer because he has an ancestral hatred of the English.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

sebzilla posted:

Yes, it takes like 15mins

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Halisnacks posted:

Would you vote in a way that resulted in the party of “more suffering faster” retaining power in a FPTP electoral system?

Yes.

EDIT well, actually, No, but only because I do not intend to vote at all.

Halisnacks
Jul 18, 2009
Biden has ended up being (modestly) less poo poo than he seemed in the primaries vs Sanders. In part because public opinion has pulled him left, and he has seen polling gains as a result.

But this couldn’t plausibly happen with Starmer because

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Halisnacks posted:

Under Starmer, Labour are frequently trying to outflank the Tories from the right. They're in a race to make Fidesz look Liberal and if - well, when really - Starmer wins that will be the end of any chance for social improvement in the UK. There will be no fundamental difference between Tory cunts raping the country for five years more and Labour cunts coming in as continuation Tories except that the former at least won't validate the Labour right.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Halisnacks posted:

At least when the tories and their supporters call me 'trot terrorist supporting scum' they don't feel entitled to my vote afterwards.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

JoylessJester posted:

At least when the tories and their supporters call me 'trot terrorist supporting scum' they don't feel entitled to my vote afterwards.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/Madeley/status/1580258174556590080

https://twitter.com/supertanskiii/status/1579890587117182979

a woman (me)

https://twitter.com/robpalkwriter/status/1580447358990811136

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Labour have made it explicitly clear that they don’t want the support of anyone to the left of Hordon Brown so I’m gonna comply with that and not give them my vote.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1580489441013293056

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The current iteration of Labour are Lucy from peanuts and I am not going to be their Charlie Brown.

I am also not voting for the tories or lib dems.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

As always I'm voting Labour because my local MP is good. Don't blame people in a shithead's constituency for staying home.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

https://twitter.com/nicholaswatt/status/1580517767299547136

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

fuctifino posted:

Ah Boris, I wonder what he's been up to? He's been awfully quiet lately

https://twitter.com/AlexPBWalker/status/1580488156075659264

Ah...

This is nothing new, apart from the huge payout for Boris.
They all do it.
David Davis resigned from being in charge of Brexit, next night he was given £9k for a dinner speech on.......Brexit.
Its all part of the gravy train.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Ah yes because my broadband, which hasn't changed in price, is my cost of living.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Government reps hiding from media because of ignorance of what government policy will be tomorrow isn't silly?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Voting for a party on the basis that things will get worse more slowly is still implicitly stating that you're voting to make things worse, and as such we're still going to wind up at the same breaking point where something has to change.

Risking more suffering now vs drawing it out for the same basic outcome is a debate with no clear moral answer, but unless you have a good idea of how to influence what comes after then you're no more wise than the rest of us, and acting like anyone who disagrees is basically no different to the people actively voting for the worst party is not the debate winner you might think it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

I knew it was beadle but thought you were aiming for :thejoke: , good attempt at least. :thumbsup: