Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

mcmagic posted:

Looting should 100% be unbanned. They could also ban like 2 awful newer cards and Opal would be fine too.

Opal is free mana which will break eventually. Something as benign as the Underworld Cookbook can turn it on, you know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I went 2-2 tonight and I am able to inform you that modern is: ok.

gently caress blood Moon though. I'm basically playing a mono color deck and was locked out because I drew a cavern, a shock and one fetch (for basic). gently caress it and all of it's supporters. Don't @ me, I'm just going to tell you to piss off.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
What were you playing?

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

What were you playing?

Zombardment

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
I’m glad of blood moon

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

gently caress blood Moon though. I'm basically playing a mono color deck and was locked out because I drew a cavern, a shock and one fetch (for basic). gently caress it and all of it's supporters. Don't @ me, I'm just going to tell you to piss off.

haha blood moon go rrrrrrrrr

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Moon punishing decks is peak Modern.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

kalel posted:

I wouldn't wipe my rear end with a midnight hunt set booster

for the same price you can get a bidet attachment

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

HootTheOwl posted:

In the end the villain gets the deck and it's all full art/textless

Textless Lightning Bolt is iconic, textless omnath is the dumbest poo poo in the world

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

for anyone who bought the heads i win tails you lose deck:

Also Amazon's sale was pretty crazy, VOW collector boxes were $85.99 and MID collector boxes were $89.49, IKO collector boxes were $170.99

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Strong Sauce posted:

Also Amazon's sale was pretty crazy, VOW collector boxes were $85.99 and MID collector boxes were $89.49, IKO collector boxes were $170.99

Still far from a good deal :colbert:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Silhouette posted:

Midnight Hunt is a fun set to draft and has cool cards

Crimson Vow is poop from a butt

Edit: also comes up as $104 for me, not $70
it and a bunch of other magic stuff was on discount for a lightning deal it seems, but they've all reset to regular price again.

Strong Sauce posted:

Jesus, I didn't even see deals like that, the vow boxes were like 135 and mid were 150ish.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Strong Sauce posted:

About loving time lol

Also blood moon rules, it makes the most confident players humble when they need it most

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

HootTheOwl posted:

:sickos:

Maybe I will play enchantress this week after all..

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Time posted:

I’m glad of blood moon
Piss off!

kalel posted:

haha blood moon go rrrrrrrrr
Piss off!

DangerDongs posted:

Moon punishing decks is peak Modern.
Piss off!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
post your mana base

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Time posted:

post your mana base

We've had this discussion before: It's low on basics because it's modern and you need to always have access to your splash colors which means using a high amount of shocks and fetches. Which means despite being 90% black deck, it's soft to blood moon.

4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Blood Crypt
2 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Cavern of Souls
1 Godless Shrine
3 Swamp
1 Tomb of Urami
1 malakir rebirth

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
lol you did this to yourself

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
You just gotta fetch swamp if you think they can cast blood moon. Them’s the breaks!

Or get twisted and run Boseiju plus Manamorphose in your sideboard :evilbuddy:

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

If you need access to your splash colours then you get got by blood moon. Unbanning astrolabe seems like the solution to me imo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

gordon gekko extolling the virtues of basic-less manabases

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

HootTheOwl posted:

We've had this discussion before: It's low on basics because it's modern and you need to always have access to your splash colors which means using a high amount of shocks and fetches. Which means despite being 90% black deck, it's soft to blood moon.

4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Blood Crypt
2 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Cavern of Souls
1 Godless Shrine
3 Swamp
1 Tomb of Urami
1 malakir rebirth

So run a sideboard that turns the deck into a burn deck for whenever you get mooned. :pseudo:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
just play some manarocks idg the lamentations

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HootTheOwl posted:

4 Polluted Delta
4 Bloodstained Mire
2 Blood Crypt
2 Blackcleave Cliffs
2 Cavern of Souls
1 Godless Shrine
3 Swamp
1 Tomb of Urami
1 malakir rebirth

Blood Moon ftw

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Blood Moon ftw

Piss off!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Captain Invictus posted:

it and a bunch of other magic stuff was on discount for a lightning deal it seems, but they've all reset to regular price again.

Jesus, I didn't even see deals like that, the vow boxes were like 135 and mid were 150ish.

Amazon created the sale to test buying behaviors. Probably a few were region locked to different time frames too. They were modified lightning deals with low quantities for sale, then they would just reactivate them now and then. I saw Strixhaven set boxes for $63 and a few different commander decks for $17.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Amazon created the sale to test buying behaviors. Probably a few were region locked to different time frames too. They were modified lightning deals with low quantities for sale, then they would just reactivate them now and then. I saw Strixhaven set boxes for $63 and a few different commander decks for $17.

The fun thing is when prices change between looking at your cart and checking out. This happened with both Amazon and a recent tcgplayer direct order. I noticed it with amazon, but didn't notice on tcgplayer until the order arrived. Now I know to double-check at the checkout page.

generatrix
Aug 8, 2008

Nothing hurts like a scrape

TacoNight posted:

This happened with both Amazon and a recent tcgplayer direct order. I noticed it with amazon, but didn't notice on tcgplayer until the order arrived.

I stopped using TCGPlayer because of this. I filter for only direct, load up my cart with only direct, it says it'll be one package, then go to check out and suddenly it's 6 packages each with an extra $15-20 shipping.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Blood Moon is a net good for formats, sorry you got your hand caught in the cookie jar.

It should be in Standard as well.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Blood Moon is a net good for formats, sorry you got your hand caught in the cookie jar.

It should be in Standard as well.

Piss off!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

HootTheOwl posted:

Don't @ me, I'm just going to tell you to piss off.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

@HootTheOwl

Blood moon is good. Magus is a bigger bastard.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

ilmucche posted:

@HootTheOwl

Blood moon is good. Magus is a bigger bastard.

Piss off!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mods please add a word filter to turn "piss off!" into "I love blood moon!"

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

In my head Hoot is a crotchety old owl who walks around saying "Piss off!"

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

in the lore Owls like the moon tho

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
More people should play blood moon tbh, warp the meta so much it'll drive down the prices of fetches and shocks so I can buy more of them for cheap

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Framboise posted:

More people should play blood moon tbh, warp the meta so much it'll drive down the prices of fetches and shocks so I can buy more of them for cheap

I basically never head to modern without a playset somewhere in the deck, between maindeck and sideboards :hai:

Well, mostly, elves obviously doesn't use it

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

fadam posted:

in the lore Owls like the moon tho

methinks the owl doth protest too much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Blood moon was held back by the 4c yorion deck with 4 abundant growth wasn't it?