Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

The Nastier Nate posted:

Fetterman's brain might be hosed but at least his heart is in the right place

then why is he running as a Democrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

CSPAM deciding Doctor Oz is more qualified might be our most embarrassing moment which is saying something.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Also extremely funny to see cspam posters arguing that the senate is so corrupt and dysfunctional it doesn't matter, vote Fetterman! might as well go ahead and vote Feinstein and Bloomberg and Schulz, nothing matters right? Embrace the succ.

i don't get to vote in the race because I don't live in PA. I think if he gets elected Fetterman will be a bog standard shitdem senator who looks/sounds mildly more like an actual person than like Chris Coons.

and I don't think the stroke thing seems that bad, as a guy who has had several relatives have strokes and seen how bad the damage from one can be. It seems like he's relatively ok and not nearly as bad as Feinstein. that being said, I truly do not give a poo poo about who you vote for, write-in the Philly Fanatic if you're in PA.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i don't understand why people are incapable of reading a statement like that and not immediately jumping to "oh so we should all just vote for hillary because nothing will ever get better huh?"

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

and I don't think the stroke thing seems that bad,

The stroke thing is entirely moot. There are procedures in place everywhere to handle the situation if a person who is incapacitated or otherwise incapable of serving wins an election, e.g. the 2000 Senate election in Missouri where a dead man beat John Ashcroft.

It's sad that this is the best thing the Oz campaign has to harp on.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Gumball Gumption posted:

CSPAM deciding Doctor Oz is more qualified might be our most embarrassing moment which is saying something.

Dr Oz is a wannabe chud, a grifter, an out-of-touch elitist who doesn't even live in PA, and just an all around terrible politician who can't read a loving room

but his brain technically does work and i can't 100% say that about Fetterman

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

cspam posters don't get to hold people's brains not working against them imo

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Vox Nihili posted:

incumbent senators are almost universally untouchable in primaries, it's not just a covid thing

it's pretty much entirely 60+ year-old, lifelong party-line voters who show up, plus a tiny handful of freaks like us

I truly don't think that's applicable in Delaware. The scale and the utter lack of effort from the establishment here makes it ideal for this. COVID affected canvassing, and in turn negated probably our best asset, which was actually meeting her in person. In a city like Wilmington, you can become a known quantity pretty quickly (again, due to small size) and that's beneficial here because a substantial chunk of the Democratic voting base is in Wilmington. I know this from experience, I basically was becoming "known" from just a few months of canvassing there constantly in 2018 (also I have dumb hair so I stand out, but she would've too re: attractive).

However, it's not like I'm going to be able to test this theory in a COVID-free environment any time soon. Partially due to COVID never ending, and partially due to there being no realistic ability to primary Carper in 2024, a high turnout year, where people will be extremely defensive about preserving Biden's second term.

edit: also the events of 2020 absolutely broke a ton of people around here, including myself

Nichael has issued a correction as of 15:23 on Oct 13, 2022

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

If Fetterman is incapable of serving, the governor replaces him.

Framing it as "vote for Oz because Fat Man's brain not so good" is utterly insane

Voters are not rational actors, however you're objectively correct. It's insane.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Nichael posted:

I truly don't think that's applicable in Delaware. The scale and the utter lack of effort from the establishment here makes it ideal for this. COVID affected canvassing, and in turn negated probably our best asset, which was actually meeting her in person. In a city like Wilmington, you can become a known quantity pretty quickly (again, due to small size) and that's beneficial here because a substantial chunk of the Democratic voting base is in Wilmington. I know this from experience, I basically was becoming "known" from just a few months of canvassing there constantly in 2018 (also I have dumb hair so I stand out, but she would've too re: attractive).

However, it's not like I'm going to be able to test this theory in a COVID-free environment any time soon. Partially due to COVID never ending, and partially due to there being no realistic ability to primary Carper in 2024, a high turnout year, where people will be extremely defensive about preserving Biden's second term.

Agean90 posted:

seems appropriate to quote this here

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Nichael posted:

she's a good person and we wouldn't have been as :yooge: SCHLONGED! like we were if covid didn't happen. we're dealt the cards we get, and the world loving blows. I don't know what materially would've changed if Coons was out (probably nothing lmao) but I still enjoy mildly irritating libs.

50 points!

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The Nastier Nate posted:

Fetterman's brain might be hosed but at least his heart is in the right place

(don't ask about his heart)

I think the problem is the blood was in the wrong place

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm really mad because the media has turned on Fetterman, started doing long segments about how his brain is broken on national loving news, and if this causes him to lose will immediately forget about that entire angle and run 24-hour coverage of the failure of progressive politics and the need for more reasonable moderate candidates in primaries (the party is too extreme these days don'tchaknow) and keep referencing this as proof of that concept for the next loving thirty years

Apr 7, 2003

The media knows where this country is going on a national level, they're just performing for their future lords and ladies.

Apr 7, 2003

Isn't going to help them a bit, of course.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Nichael posted:

seems appropriate to quote this here

yeah I know the feeling lol, I was doing poo poo locally when covid hit and it completely evaporated, haven't managed to get back into the politic ever since

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Zerg Mans posted:

50 points!

Have you considered trying to do things outside? Often times those things are more difficult than posting, even in light of the high quality of your artisan crafted poo poo posts

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Agean90 posted:

lol

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

loquacius posted:

I'm really mad because the media has turned on Fetterman, started doing long segments about how his brain is broken on national loving news, and if this causes him to lose will immediately forget about that entire angle and run 24-hour coverage of the failure of progressive politics and the need for more reasonable moderate candidates in primaries (the party is too extreme these days don'tchaknow) and keep referencing this as proof of that concept for the next loving thirty years

An NPR segment today had the host and guest complaining that Fetterman was too mean in making fun of Oz's crudite video and other things

Just some of the most feeble, pathetic poo poo lol

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

long time no see, Good soup!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Filthy Hans posted:

long time no see, Good soup!

:confused: ive been posting across the forums regularly

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

Also extremely funny to see cspam posters arguing that the senate is so corrupt and dysfunctional it doesn't matter, vote Fetterman! might as well go ahead and vote Feinstein and Bloomberg and Schulz, nothing matters right? Embrace the succ.

i'm pretty sure people here oppose feinstein because she votes bad. The senility is just kind of funny.

Senile Bernie who just parroted his interns would kick rear end.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Funny Feinstein got brought up because the very same talking heads that are very concerned about closed captioning all of a sudden would gladly plop her in a wheelbarrow and Weekend At Bernie's her into her job for the next fifty years

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Good soup! posted:

An NPR segment today had the host and guest complaining that Fetterman was too mean in making fun of Oz's crudite video and other things

Just some of the most feeble, pathetic poo poo lol

npr hosts were 100% using the word crudite non-ironically before this election and feel attacked

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
bow tie wearing sweater lads love eating crudites, drinking wine, and complaining about uncouth oafs.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Thesaurus posted:

npr hosts were 100% using the word crudite non-ironically before this election and feel attacked

i worked in a restaurant for 6 years and I had to google the word crudité when Oz said it.

And I've probably prepared a hundred crudités during my time there only we just called them veggie trays, like real Philadelphians

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

This is all entirely moot, dead people have won elections in the United States before
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_United_States_Senate_election_in_Missouri

If Fetterman wins and he can't serve, the governor replaces him, it's simple as that. Telling voters that they need to vote for the 51st Senate vote to ban abortion because the other guy slurs his words a little is some dumb poo poo.

fondly remembering when george w bush appointed the guy who lost this election to be attorney general lets all give american democracy a big cheer yall

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Nastier Nate posted:

i worked in a restaurant for 6 years and I had to google the word crudité when Oz said it.

And I've probably prepared a hundred crudités during my time there only we just called them veggie trays, like real Philadelphians

do Philadelphians call their garages "car holes" too

Apr 7, 2003

Philadelphians don’t have garages, it’s rowhouses as far as the eye can see

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Philadelphians don’t have garages, it’s rowhouses as far as the eye can see

actually many row homes, including the one i used to live in have a garage in the back in the alley that extends to the rowhomes behind.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1580700490647539713

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Lol have another heart attack bitch

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/RebeccaKKatz/status/1580334904357027840

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

oh cool he's just like the other 99 freaks

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

I hope this moron loses

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

criticizing human rights abuses by american cops: good
criticizing human rights abuses by iranian cops: bad

counterpoint: ACAB

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

MLSM posted:

I hope this moron loses

he’ll, because even appearing to have a disability is one of the worst crimes you can commit in america

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
I've been seeing the Dr Oz puppy murderer ads hit the daytime tv circuit today

which is terrible....but how many murdered humans is your average senator responsible for?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bye John.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

paul_soccer12 posted:

Lol have another heart attack bitch