Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

the sex ghost posted:

Hoping the mar a lago files tell us who supplied the 'burgers', since whoppers and big macs are denoted separately

it’s Wendy’s according to the diagram

e: drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its an insult to the dignity of the office! No former president ever consumed hamberders in the White House (casually shoves lots of conflicting evidence under the rug)

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Dumpmaster General posted:

4 dominos pizzas for an entire football team/guests mixed in with the burgers is a really funny thing I didn't notice before.

How do you know they didn't stack pizza's on top of eachother?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

https://i.imgur.com/6sS7TJl.gifv

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
many many french FRIES

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
The MAGA bomber's truck

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Echo Chamber posted:

The MAGA bomber's truck

it's @LakotaMan1's evil twin

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Echo Chamber posted:

The MAGA bomber's truck

Top Youth Soccer Recruits For Trump

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
didn't he just decide he was native american too

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

vyelkin posted:

Top Youth Soccer Recruits For Trump

New TRP gangtag

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

moist turtleneck posted:

didn't he just decide he was native american too

this is one of my favorite ways that white people go insane over not being able to reckon with their whiteness in america

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

New TRP gangtag

:hmmyes:

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

this is one of my favorite ways that white people go insane over not being able to reckon with their whiteness in america

the only solution? risperdal

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Anyone whose family line goes back more than three generations in North America has a usually bullshit but sometimes occasionally true story about their native ancestor

Except my stepfather. His family insists like holy hell that they have no native lineage despite all the photographs of their grandparents that are completely incontrovertible

Lmao

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

lmao

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

the sex ghost posted:

Oh wait it was Wendy's. Says right there

I can't believe Wendy's didn't insist on Baconators™️ or 100% all beef patties™️instead of the generic

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Cynthia McKinney in congress

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
Cynthia McKinney and Jesse Ventura running on a Green/9-11 denial fusion ticket, but only in Alaska

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

when cpac made their Nordic rune stage

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Proust Malone posted:

Actually,

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Proust Malone posted:

our friends in Ukrane have told us that's just them being proud of their viking blood and it's okay

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Dumpmaster General posted:

our friends in Ukrane have told us that's just them being proud of their viking blood and it's okay

what ever would we do without good nazis to compare the bad nazis to

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
We cannot allow a nazi gap.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Zvahl posted:

what ever would we do without good nazis to compare the bad nazis to

"The sign says "No Apartheid States" We're allowed to have one."

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Just remembered humiliation for loser clegg

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Right wing twitter is mad about George Floyd again because of a new Candace Owens movie or something, and I'm just remembering how much of an effort all the liberal BLM people made to be as peaceful and civil as possible and how it doesn't matter because the right think they burned down entire cities anyway. So they got all the bad PR of doing citywide riots, but without the actual harm to capital that would have caused.

the sex ghost posted:

Just remembered humiliation for loser clegg

He was so psychologically broken by the end of that. No wonder Zuckerberg is able to puppeteer him so easily.

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Right wing twitter is mad about George Floyd again because of a new Candace Owens movie or something, and I'm just remembering how much of an effort all the liberal BLM people made to be as peaceful and civil as possible and how it doesn't matter because the right think they burned down entire cities anyway. So they got all the bad PR of doing citywide riots, but without the actual harm to capital that would have caused.

He was so psychologically broken by the end of that. No wonder Zuckerberg is able to puppeteer him so easily.

remember how Minneapolis city council supposedly agreed to put forth a ballot proposal to disband their police department, and everyone was celebrating it as a huge victory but then it turned out the city council's plan for disbanding the police department was to then immediately replace it with an organization with the same purview, budget, facilities, and equipment, and then rehire all the same people to staff it, which is to say they were actually just renaming the police department

and then in the end even that hilariously meaningless token gesture was drowned in a multi-million-dollar right-wing advertising blitz and easily defeated at the ballot box

and that advertising was so effective that a bunch of those people are still 100% convinced that, not only was Minneapolis seriously considering disbanding their police force, but that it did actually happen and the city is just run by gangs now

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Mister Bates posted:

remember how Minneapolis city council supposedly agreed to put forth a ballot proposal to disband their police department, and everyone was celebrating it as a huge victory but then it turned out the city council's plan for disbanding the police department was to then immediately replace it with an organization with the same purview, budget, facilities, and equipment, and then rehire all the same people to staff it, which is to say they were actually just renaming the police department

and then in the end even that hilariously meaningless token gesture was drowned in a multi-million-dollar right-wing advertising blitz and easily defeated at the ballot box

and that advertising was so effective that a bunch of those people are still 100% convinced that, not only was Minneapolis seriously considering disbanding their police force, but that it did actually happen and the city is just run by gangs now

There was a viral twitter post the other day about how two thirds of the top 20 shows in America are some sort of cop show and what I'm saying is I don't think leftists/young people in general realise just how terrified the average boomer is from all the media they consume about how criminals are going to slash their throat. Also have to wonder if the popularity of true crime is connected to this.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

There was a viral twitter post the other day about how two thirds of the top 20 shows in America are some sort of cop show and what I'm saying is I don't think leftists/young people in general realise just how terrified the average boomer is from all the media they consume about how criminals are going to slash their throat. Also have to wonder if the popularity of true crime is connected to this.

it absolutely is and is the same thing for millennials

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

indigi posted:

it absolutely is and is the same thing for millennials

Hasn't violent crime been going down since the early 90s? like, it peaked a bit in the latter part of the Trump years, but still way lower than it was in 1991. Funny, because the children of the 80s were the "latchkey kid" generation. Parents back then weren't scared at all that someone was going to hurt them despite it being statistically far more likely. When did that start to change? Was it the Satanic panic of the late 80s? Obviously it's been a slow burn, but I feel like I have gradually been watching people become more paranoid over the course of my life. Born in 1991 btw.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
we basically don't have serial killers in north america any more compared to the 50s-80s and most child abductions are from family members, but you can drive up suburban real estate prices and sell folks ring cameras and kid leashes by telling them everybody is out to kidnap kaylee or breighton

i was latchkey at age 12-13 (early 90s) and our house was on a gravel road out in the sticks but nobody gave a poo poo it was completely normal

all the parents i know with minor children today have told me that you will literally get cops and cps at your door if your child is spotted walking around or playing unsupervised more than 100 feet from your house in broad daylight

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

Hasn't violent crime been going down since the early 90s? like, it peaked a bit in the latter part of the Trump years, but still way lower than it was in 1991. Funny, because the children of the 80s were the "latchkey kid" generation. Parents back then weren't scared at all that someone was going to hurt them despite it being statistically far more likely. When did that start to change? Was it the Satanic panic of the late 80s? Obviously it's been a slow burn, but I feel like I have gradually been watching people become more paranoid over the course of my life. Born in 1991 btw.

I think there was a slight uptick at the start of the decade but otherwise yeah, I'm pretty sure it's gone down every year

E: lol wait it's only 2022. So I think the uptick was in 2019 or 2020.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Jonny 290 posted:

we basically don't have serial killers in north america any more compared to the 50s-80s and most child abductions are from family members, but you can drive up suburban real estate prices and sell folks ring cameras and kid leashes by telling them everybody is out to kidnap kaylee or breighton

i was latchkey at age 12-13 (early 90s) and our house was on a gravel road out in the sticks but nobody gave a poo poo it was completely normal

all the parents i know with minor children today have told me that you will literally get cops and cps at your door if your child is spotted walking around or playing unsupervised more than 100 feet from your house in broad daylight

it seems like public spaces in general are more hostile to children/teens just existing there than they were when I was that age, not that being a teen in the Bush years was the greatest but I feel like it was better than today. It's easy to complain about how todays messed up teens are always on their phones TikToking instead of doing stuff in the real world. But they're products of the world that older generations created around them.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Mister Bates posted:

Pour one out for Minneapolis, a city completely burned to the ground.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

SirPablo posted:

Pour one out for Minneapolis, a city completely burned to the ground.

that's what they get for not giving Kevin Garnett the support he needed to win a championship there (most of my knowledge on US cities comes from basketball)

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Jonny 290 posted:

half the houses are owned by fossils who spend all day peering out their windows

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

it seems like public spaces in general are more hostile to children/teens just existing there than they were when I was that age, not that being a teen in the Bush years was the greatest but I feel like it was better than today. It's easy to complain about how todays messed up teens are always on their phones TikToking instead of doing stuff in the real world. But they're products of the world that older generations created around them.

One of the few mostly public indoor spaces the US allowed was malls.

And now they all have "no kids allowed" signs. It's an insanely sick culture.

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

ikanreed posted:

One of the few mostly public indoor spaces the US allowed was malls.

And now they all have "no kids allowed" signs. It's an insanely sick culture.

"kids hanging out at the mall" was such a staple of pop culture from the mid eighties through to somewhere in the 2000s. I'm not sure what killed that genre of tv show/book/movie, possibly the GFC idk. I'm reading Animorphs for the first time, and it's wild to me how that series was such a product of the late 90s. In part because so much of the time not spent turning into animals and fighting aliens is just teenagers doing stuff at the mall completely unsupervised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i went to our big mall here last month to exchange some internet shoes, hadnt been in a mall in about 12 years. there seemed to be enough teens around, but they all had shopping bags. like there was no gaggle of ruffians just milling about the food court, as it was back in the day