Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Light canonically ended all wars by assassinating all the war mongering politicians. That alone makes him better than basically any politician alive today lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
hmm. somehow I don't think that strategy would work very well in real life

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
has anyone tried it?

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Let's all discuss the politicians we'd kill with the death note and the names and locations of our favorite "Mary Jane" drug paraphernalia dealers fellow civilians

Pomeroy
Apr 20, 2020

TenementFunster posted:

code gayass was actually very good, especially s1. please do not judge it on its CLAMP character design.

the first 1/3 to 1/2 of season one was good, when they actually were actually playing to the basic premise of the show (scheming good guy with 1 broken but limited power vs imperialist lackey prodigy mech pilot in a fast prototype), when there were definite limits to what either of their strengths could achieve. By the end of the season, when LeLouche handles being strategically caught out by the enemy by just flying into the sky and deleting a whole army he failed to account for with his super lasers, it's killed most of what made it interesting.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
At the time LeLouche reminded me of an anime version of the kid who hates Invader Zim

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

tokin opposition posted:

Let's all discuss the politicians we'd kill with the death note and the names and locations of our favorite "Mary Jane" drug paraphernalia dealers fellow civilians

Me turning on British telly and frantically scrawling down the names of anyone who appears or is mentioned

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I watched Code Geeses until the episode where he made the lady do a mass shootimg by accident.

I knew then the show had peaked and never watched another episode. It lives on perfect in my heart.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
that might have eluded you guys but there was a new Code Geass movie released uh? 2 years ago, maybe? I don't know

it was wonderfully dumb and also just what I wanted

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
What if it was code grease and it was about SpongeBob

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Open Source Idiom posted:

I watched Code Geeses until the episode where he made the lady do a mass shootimg by accident.

I knew then the show had peaked and never watched another episode. It lives on perfect in my heart.
fantastic move

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
Between Kobeni from Chainsaw Man and the bartender from Akiba Maid War, I'm glad that finally it's time for the "absolutely worthless pathetic loser" girl to be moe, come on queens give us absolutely nothing and fail at everything you undertake, we're behind you 100%!

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

January 6 Survivor posted:

Between Kobeni from Chainsaw Man and the bartender from Akiba Maid War, I'm glad that finally it's time for the "absolutely worthless pathetic loser" girl to be moe, come on queens give us absolutely nothing and fail at everything you undertake, we're behind you 100%!

Kobeni does also have some badass moments and maybe some hidden depth that we’ll see someday but it owns that her life is just constantly being thrust into situations way way way over her head

Also her car placed higher on a popularity poll than she did and that’s hilarious

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Akane Shinjo

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Hey now, she put actual, deliberate effort into destroying herself and everyone around her. Respect the craft.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Naga the Serpent walked (boobily) so they could run

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
i would honestly rate kobeni pretty high as a devil hunter all things considered. more effective than a lot of the other ones.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

i would honestly rate kobeni pretty high as a devil hunter all things considered. more effective than a lot of the other ones.

She’s better than almost every other devil hunter historically because she’s still alive

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

I cant tell if space pirate captain harlock is brilliant because it's so stupid and janky or just stupid and janky

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

bitmap posted:

I cant tell if space pirate captain harlock is brilliant because it's so stupid and janky or just stupid and janky

Which version? There's so many.

bitmap
Aug 8, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

this one has to be from the 70s or early 80s

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

the one with the disco theme hopefully

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

what if captain harlock was a space whaler

where’s the scifi anime adaption of moby dick

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

bitmap posted:

it's a kids cartoon from the 70s, op. it was groundbreaking for its day and inspired virtually everyone working the medium currently, but it was still just one of the best cartoons for japanese kids in the 70s, and it's hard to judge as a prior consumer of 40+ years of derivative works

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNTVshTXFwA

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

wolfs posted:

what if captain harlock was a space whaler

where’s the scifi anime adaption of moby dick

This is literally all Shonens.
And Berserk especially. He really wants to kill the White Hawk.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I don't know which Harlcok, if any, is good, but as a kid I thought the raddest trailer ever was the one for the 1999 OAV right when it switches to Aurifera and the tone shifts to like a saga. And the gun firing the bullet.
Anyways, I'm never going to watch because now that i have the means to do so the rest of it looks like poo poo.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010

Every now and then I remember that Revue Starlight probably had the best magical girl transformation of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBIqQQGOM9s

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Kit Walker posted:

Every now and then I remember that Revue Starlight probably had the best magical girl transformation of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBIqQQGOM9s

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
Nope, still doesn't beat Symphogear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRshG1zVnsA

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
the LFest transformation sequence is either 1) the primary expression of the brand: Moon Prism Power (although Cosmic Power is the highest effort one) 2) Utena pulling a loving sword out of her girl's tiddies to do World Revolution

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYqe8ju6GlU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7QKJTYDApE

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

https://youtu.be/txqM-IdFphw

r u pomu rn?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Frieza's magical girl transformation when he turns gold in dragon ball super is pretty cool, also weirdly racist towards saiyans

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
when was frieza not racist toward saiyans? i think that was established during his very first appearance.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Popy posted:

Frieza's magical girl transformation when he turns gold in dragon ball super is pretty cool, also weirdly racist towards saiyans

he’s basically doing blackface if you think about it.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I don't really remember much of the Dragon Ball series any more and I'm ok with that. Thanks for anime watching Goku.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

net work error posted:

I don't really remember much of the Dragon Ball series any more and I'm ok with that. Thanks for anime watching Goku.

same

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!
https://twitter.com/rbkapoor1/status/1580931285966499840?s=46&t=oX32kQ_L2g5fKfSoFrcfOA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wait, is this for real?