Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

When they kept cutting back to the vault it remained distressingly full. Given how tight the timeline was - there were only a couple of delays but they were running way behind - I don't think there's anyway they could've taken the whole payroll. It would've taken hours to load all that cash, even using willing laborers and not impressed pows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Shoehead posted:

I wonder how useful a space port is at the exact spot in the sacred valley that gets blasted with particles and shuts down space flight for a day every 3 years is. I assume whatever makes this the key point for the eye also makes it a great spot for the port.

They want it closer to the base for conveniences sake. That's proper empire poo poo, steamrolling thousands of years of culture to cut minites of your commuting time.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Panfilo posted:

I'm going to have to go back to the first ep of Mandalorian to see what the Imperial creds looked like to see if it's the same currency.

For reference:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gresh posted:

glad Cassian shot first

I yelled out "HE HAN SOLO'ED THAT BITCH"

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.

Vinylshadow posted:

For reference:

Huh, wonder if ROWE has a meaning, beyond possibly being the prop maker or something.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

exmarx posted:

great ep, great series. were the doctor's arms a practical effect??? it looked like it.

Yep! The Doctor was performed on set by three people. One was the head, under heavy prosthetics, one was the main hands and the body and the third was the second pair of hands. They used a harness system to suspend them in place, and move them as if they were one character with a singular centre of mass, then they used CGI to remove the harness and augument the eyes, etc.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Owlbear Camus posted:

"Don't worry. You'll sleep when it's over."

Foreshadowing, everybody!

I was like, "MORE LIKE WHEN HE'S DEAD" at the screen to my gf's chagrin.

Sad that I was right. I liked him.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

What was their plan when they only had three dudes to pretend to be a squad of Imperial soldiers?

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Remalle posted:

What was their plan when they only had three dudes to pretend to be a squad of Imperial soldiers?

Probably have LT Gorn say some bullshit to them about it and then tell them to get the gently caress inside hes gonna ream their rear end for being understrength - its pretty obvious based on everything that happened that they were going to be in trouble without Cass

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Or Vel or Cinta would've had to join the squad, leaving only one to do the comm jamming.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Teek posted:

Huh, wonder if ROWE has a meaning, beyond possibly being the prop maker or something.

Don't know what it would mean but having four letters stamped on it seems reminiscent of

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Or Vel or Cinta would've had to join the squad, leaving only one to do the comm jamming.

Have we seen any women under arms with the Empire? It wouldn't suprise me if the imps were sexist on top of everything else.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Vagabong posted:

Have we seen any women under arms with the Empire? It wouldn't suprise me if the imps were sexist on top of everything else.

Yes it's not a big deal. Human supremecy is the big central bigotry (though in live screen canon it's only heavily implied; I don't think outright stated.)

We hear female stormtroopers, and see female officers. The only female regular infantryman we see as far as I can recall is Val in disguise in Solo, but the disguise passes without comment from real Imperials.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Vagabong posted:

I believe there was a woman in Crosshair's squad of proto-Stormtroopers in Bad Batch, and I think Rebels had a female Death Trooper in one episode. So special ops kind of stuff, but I'm not sure if we've seen any rank and file lady Stormtroopers in anything on screen.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Vagabong posted:

Does Governor Pryce from Rebels count? Do the Inquisitors?

(not being snarky, I'm legitimately not sure)

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Vagabong posted:

I could have sworn one of the TIE fighter pilots was a lady based on their frame and the sound of them yelling before they crashed.

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe
This show is loving great. It’s a better Rogue One than Rogue One and a better heist than Solo.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In Star Wars women can be princesses or Senators, that's it

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Sexism absolutely exists in the Empire, as indicated by ISB guy basically telling Dedra "Be quiet and do your job, dear."

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Veotax posted:

I believe there was a woman in Crosshair's squad of proto-Stormtroopers in Bad Batch, and I think Rebels had a female Death Trooper in one episode. So special ops kind of stuff, but I'm not sure if we've seen any rank and file lady Stormtroopers in anything on screen.

There was one in Obi-wan. One of the ones Tala shoots in the back when she first meets/rescues Obi-wan. She was the one barking at Obi-wan to surrender, hands up, etc after they rushed out of the vehicle they were in.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

exmarx posted:

great ep, great series. were the doctor's arms a practical effect??? it looked like it.

The credited actor for the doctor is a puppeteer, so totally yes.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

The credited actor for the doctor is a puppeteer, so totally yes.

owns

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

PunkBoy posted:

Sexism absolutely exists in the Empire, as indicated by ISB guy basically telling Dedra "Be quiet and do your job, dear."

Yeah, him saying they took a big risk taking someone like her on gave me the vibe that it was either a sexist thing or a weird class/aristocratic type deal.

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Vagabong posted:

Yeah, him saying they took a big risk taking someone like her on gave me the vibe that it was either a sexist thing or a weird class/aristocratic type deal.

I assume she's from a poorer area and has a single living parent; to mirror both Cassian Andor and Syril Karn.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

My guess is that Andor goes back to Ferrix next week

They set up the fact that the Empire took direct control of security on the planet and I have to imagine we aren’t done with that planet yet

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'd like to think he isn't that colossally stupid, but maybe he feels indebted to his mum and like he can get her out of there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Nah I think it's gonna be a Luthien/Andor two-hander. Maybe Vel will be there.

Oh hey look at that

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress, that's why my stupid lizard brain was pinging whenever she was on screen.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

They set up the fact that the Empire took direct control of security on the planet and I have to imagine we aren’t done with that planet yet
If not next episode, soon, yes. Seeing what the Empire does to the planer/his mother is probably going to be the real tipping point to him really joining the rebellion full time and never looking back.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
They have to go back to Ferrix, there's an adorably decrepit droid and a Rebel-sympathizin bombshell name of Bix waiting to be re-integrated into this plot

Seriously, though, that droid's in the rainbowy droid montage up front alongside 3PO and BB8 and everybody else, there's a zero percent chance he's not coming back into this somehow. Which is awesome because he was another inspired touch and one of my favorite things about the show. "I need you to make a lie for me" - brilliant. Did you guys know that in the real world not all droids are flawless miracles of engineering with infinite batteries? Turns out some of them kind of suck when they get old, they run out of juice and have lovely components that cause hardware lag, but they really do try their best to be good and it's emotionally touching

rivetz fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 13, 2022

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Shoehead posted:

I wonder how useful a space port is at the exact spot in the sacred valley that gets blasted with particles and shuts down space flight for a day every 3 years is. I assume whatever makes this the key point for the eye also makes it a great spot for the port.

It's less frequent than actual seaports and airports get shut down for way less. Savannah, the third busiest seaport in the US, would kill to only lose 1 out of 1095 days instead of annual "how many days will tropical storms ruin our throughput?"

DJ_Mindboggler
Nov 21, 2013

Vagabong posted:

There's women in the ISB office, and Cintra was disguised as a normal trooper while infiltrating the base, suggesting that that wouldn't be an unusual sight. I'm okay with Pratchett-style "humans have discovered that species-ism is more fun than racism/sexism" in Star Wars.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

FlamingLiberal posted:

There's shots of ISB Lady on the ground on Ferrix in the series trailer, I assume that's coming either this episode or next.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

I don't know if he will come back to Ferrix, but maybe the episode itself will do it, and we will have an update of how things are going on now.

Giant Tourtiere
Aug 4, 2006

TRICHER
POUR
GAGNER
Well if Andor is IDed as part of the heist crew somehow I could easily see the ISB deciding that Ferrix is some kind of staging area for insurgents and cracking down on it regardless of the presence of any actual Rebels.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

A lot of people got a good look at him so that’s very possible

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

I was honestly expecting a very shot of him using the corpogat with conspicuous serial number in the shootout and being forced to abandon it there to tie him to the scene.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

evenworse username posted:

Well if Andor is IDed as part of the heist crew somehow I could easily see the ISB deciding that Ferrix is some kind of staging area for insurgents and cracking down on it regardless of the presence of any actual Rebels.

Speaking about... for this being a high stakes robbery, it was weird how they didn't use any kind of face masks, or helmets or whatever. Maybe a mask of a dead Galactic President?

Servetus
Apr 1, 2010

Owlbear Camus posted:

I was honestly expecting a very shot of him using the corpogat with conspicuous serial number in the shootout and being forced to abandon it there to tie him to the scene.

I was sure it was going to happen. Chekhov's blaster is still in play though, he can still lose it on a future mission. The only members of the heist team left at the scene were Lieutenant Horn and Taramin, an imperial officer and a former stormtrooper. The empire may be focused on an inside job aspect, some play for power within the military power structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Luthen gonna have to drag his rear end back to Ferrix again since Cassian is playing hard to get and he’s gonna want him double bad now.

a guy who’s moral enough to just take what he’s owed, not naive enough to think he can get it any other way than at gunpoint, but also willing to kill a dude immediately at the at the first sign of betrayal? That’s like a spy organization wet dream.

CubanMissile fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 13, 2022