Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Welp, looks like AnyDesk solved my file transfer problems, though I can't figure out how to navigate directly to the SD card so have to transfer to the internal first.

Is there any way to stop the deck from automatically going to sleep though? I couldn't find any power save settings in game mode.

Edit: Welp, looks like Any Desk has a time limit on windows so no mass transfers I guess.

Kin fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Oct 13, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ShaneB posted:

I turned it off after having literally a 5 minute tutorial battle surrounded by 90+ minutes of anime heads talking and running around. I can't be assed for this kind of signal to noise ratio in games any longer.

To each their own, but it’s generally agreed to be better than Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre from which it draws from.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

To each their own, but it’s generally agreed to be better than Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre from which it draws from.
Lol come on, I enjoyed the game but no one thinks that, not even the Triangle Strategy thread.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve been using warpinator to send files over my network and that lets me go straight to the microsd card

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Kin posted:

Welp, looks like AnyDesk solved my file transfer problems, though I can't figure out how to navigate directly to the SD card so have to transfer to the internal first.

/run/media

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Lol come on, I enjoyed the game but no one thinks that, not even the Triangle Strategy thread.

Ok, a worthy successor in the least.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

this is quite a claim

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Haha very cool of my cat to knock the charging cable directly into a burning candle.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Yes, it is the cat's fault the candle was placed unsafely. What with their opposable thumbs and all.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Detective No. 27 posted:

Whoa man, cool it. It's good but it's nowhere near

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

i got mine! i pugged it in with the charger it came with and it said warning, you've got the wrong kind of charger

what games should i play that can let me have fun with the controller options?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

All of them anything let's you gently caress around with the controller options that's the thing.

So far I spent my work from home day getting need for speed underground and diet to Daytona going on it. I fired up Stardew for 10 mins or so as well.

I'll be playing more tonight when I get done doing adult poo poo.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Mescal posted:

i got mine! i pugged it in with the charger it came with and it said warning, you've got the wrong kind of charger

Aperture Desk Job is the most fun first little thing to do

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

Kin posted:

Edit: Welp, looks like Any Desk has a time limit on windows so no mass transfers I guess.
I haven't run into any time limit... I've accidentally left it connected overnight (active connection seems to block my PC and Steam Deck from sleeping).

Time limit also isn't mentioned in AnyDesk's free limitations: https://anydesk.com/en/pricing/personal

canyonero fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 13, 2022

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Consummate Professional posted:

Haha very cool of my cat to knock the charging cable directly into a burning candle.

Post/av combo.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

canyonero posted:

I haven't run into any time limit... I've accidentally left it connected overnight (active connection seems to block my PC and Steam Deck from sleeping).

Time limit also isn't mentioned in AnyDesk's free limitations: https://anydesk.com/en/pricing/personal

It definitely has a time limit unless you put in a trial license at minimum from the looks of it.

I’ve been using it for the last couple of hours while I set up and transfer a ton of things to the sd card and I’ve had to reconnect multiple times for going over the session time limit due to not entering a license.

Edit:

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Oct 13, 2022

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Kin posted:

I just got this tonight for the first time. Like I thought maybe I'd used up a month's grace or used it on the same network that my work laptop was plugged into, or something

At least it resumed easily enough

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Kin posted:

Is there any way to stop the deck from automatically going to sleep though? I couldn't find any power save settings in game mode.

Just use warpinator on the deck and winpinator on your pc to transfer the files. You just tell it a folder to send and accept the connection on the deck and it’ll chug away for as long as it takes.

You can also set the destination folder in warpinator directly to the sd card.

VVVV despite an incredible stockpile of nerd poo poo I haven’t had an android phone since before USB-C existed and I doubt I’m the only person in that boat.

History Comes Inside! fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Oct 13, 2022

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Or use a USB drive and one of the 5 USBC on the go adapters you have from your android phones. No configuration needed

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I was expecting my Deck to take two weeks to ship and lol it's getting here on Saturday and I'm not done with Elden Ring on PS4 yet

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Extending my goondolences to your PS4 which is going to do a drat fine job collecting dust now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

sigher posted:

Extending my goondolences to your PS4 which is going to do a drat fine job collecting dust now.

My PS4 has been gathering dust already....I'm next needing to figure out how to do the PS Remote Play app from my deck so I can play the few remaining PS4 games I want to finish.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

GreenBuckanneer posted:

My PS4 has been gathering dust already....I'm next needing to figure out how to do the PS Remote Play app from my deck so I can play the few remaining PS4 games I want to finish.

https://git.sr.ht/~thestr4ng3r/chiaki

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

ShaneB posted:

I turned it off after having literally a 5 minute tutorial battle surrounded by 90+ minutes of anime heads talking and running around. I can't be assed for this kind of signal to noise ratio in games any longer.

An issue of setting expectations. The game's really a visual novel with very fine tactical combat sections.

I knew that going into it, and it served me very well. At some point I even switch the combat to easy mode 'cause I felt like I'd seen all it had to offer but was still enjoying the character drama.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Hmm, that didn't seem to find it :(

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Triangle Strategy was OK. I think I'd like it better if I didn't have to replay nearly the entire game just to make different choices and see the "good" ending.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

By who lol? I’m a big SRPG head and I thought TS was super boring.

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

I sometimes forget how much comfort with a process matters. I’d consider SFTP via FileZilla to be super easy, but the whole ‘Linux command line’ thing can be such a hump for some people to overcome that it becomes harder than more convoluted options like AnyDesk which avoid that.

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
It's literally two commands to permanently enable SFTP:
code:
passwd
sudo systemctl enable --now sshd
and doesn't require any additional downloads, works in desktop and game modes, works in the background, etc. SFTP clients are abundant for every platform too. If typing two commands is a hangup, well, I can't help you.

The only downside is that it makes your Deck marginally hackable on public wifi if you choose a poo poo password. Or you can just disable sshd when you're done.

Bonus: The above also enables scp or rsync if you prefer those.

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

The upcoming Uncharted Collection was just updated to show Deck Verified. Sony seems to be putting some emphasis on making sure their ports are solid on Deck (and everywhere really, they're all great ports).

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

ShaneB posted:

Same reason I gave up on Digimon Survive as that game ended up being 90% visual novel

sigher posted:

That's been the case for mine since I got my laptop last year, at this point it pretty much just exists as a DVD/Blu-Ray player and for the few games that are locked to it without PC ports(so mostly Bloodborne and Destiny 1)

Anno posted:

The upcoming Uncharted Collection was just updated to show Deck Verified. Sony seems to be putting some emphasis on making sure their ports are solid on Deck (and everywhere really, they're all great ports).

Do a Bloodborne PC port already you cowards, also a Destiny 1 PC port cause why not?

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How can you get Warpinator to save directly to an sd card? I don't see /run/media anywhere in the 'Location for received files" popup.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Anno posted:

That’s pretty cool.

Days gone runs really well on the deck

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How can you get Warpinator to save directly to an sd card? I don't see /run/media anywhere in the 'Location for received files" popup.

Nevermind, just got it working. For anyone else who needs this, you can use Discover to download Flatseal, then use that app to edit the permissions for Warpinator to see /run/media. You then have to completely restart the deck.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Anno posted:

Did they fix Horizon Zero Dawn’s port? I remember that being a bit of a mess at launch.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Pirate Jet posted:

Did they fix Horizon Zero Dawn’s port? I remember that being a bit of a mess at launch.

I played it and it was rock solid 800p30. Probably could’ve done 40 if I’d dropped the graphics further.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It's literally two commands to permanently enable SFTP:
code:
passwd
sudo systemctl enable --now sshd
and doesn't require any additional downloads, works in desktop and game modes, works in the background, etc. SFTP clients are abundant for every platform too. If typing two commands is a hangup, well, I can't help you.

The only downside is that it makes your Deck marginally hackable on public wifi if you choose a poo poo password. Or you can just disable sshd when you're done.

Bonus: The above also enables scp or rsync if you prefer those.

https://chryseus.co.uk/setting-up-ssh-sftp-on-steam-deck/

this might be a useful link for those looking to go this route

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I will not be taking responsibility for candle placement, but some other choices could have been made.

A new charger is on the way and I’m gonna play tales of Symphonia as long as possible. It was like 5 bucks hell yeah

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Mescal posted:

Just got mine too and had the 'wrong charger' message when I plugged in the official charger into the surge protector. No complaints once I plugged it directly into a socket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I would definitely buy a steam controller 2 if it had the exact same sticks that the steam deck has.

then I would retire my gyroless xbox controller for good.