Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Just change the print out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Does anyone have some good shots of the white scars Mkvi head upgrades on their models? I still can’t decide if I like the things based on the GW glamour shots.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

TTerrible posted:

Just change the print out.

Guy at my local did this. Wrote up a 2300+ point list, then used photoshop to replace the real points value with “2000” at the end and printed out the list for tournaments.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
lmao

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

I made a battlescribe catalog like that once for Necrons. I went and lowered all the points costs by like ten to fifteen percent. Nobody checks the catalog itself.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

panascope posted:

I made a battlescribe catalog like that once for Necrons. I went and lowered all the points costs by like ten to fifteen percent. Nobody checks the catalog itself.

My liege.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Guy at my local did this. Wrote up a 2300+ point list, then used photoshop to replace the real points value with “2000” at the end and printed out the list for tournaments.

Sounds like you must be local to one of the Spikey Bits crew.

panascope posted:

*tips fedora* Warmaster.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Lucinice posted:

The legacy units PDF for the mechanicum is out.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/09/21/warhammer-the-horus-heresy-free-rules-for-classic-mechanicum-units/

The blog post says some pretty promising things about legacy units though.

That IS promising, feel much better about the rules now.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Pinwiz11 posted:

Speaking of Line, my slow grow league is starting 1500 point games this week and now Line is a major consideration.

Since the mission will have 4-6 objective points, I expect I should be running at least four Line units? I've got at least 40 tac marines ready to go, I can easily split them into four squads while I build alternatives.

The more scoring units you have, the less killing you're doing. Too little scoring and its easy for your enemy to kill or deny your objectives. This is the balance you must work around.

4 scoring units in 1500pts is too many, unless you're running a RoW that lets you take good units with line. I'd aim for 3 at 1500, but you could probably get away with just 2 if you go heavy into offensive play and accept that you're there to kill and not score.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
anyone know where all of the death guard stuff that was preordered went? gone off of the site

Oh they were...a limited sale??? Why???

A 50S RAYGUN fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Sep 28, 2022

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

anyone know where all of the death guard stuff that was preordered went? gone off of the site

Oh they were...a limited sale??? Why???
Which stuff are you looking for? I don’t think any of the new shoulders/helmets/praetors have been available yet and the old stuff on Forgeworld has been cycling in and out of availability since the release of 2.0 (at least on the Aus FW store).

The actual new kits they’ve released have been pretty readily available at least and most of them are likely carried by your LGS which is also probably cheaper than GW.

I gather that Heresy’s resurgence was a fair bit more popular than they expected because at least here the repacked/rereleased stuff like the MKIII marines and the transfer sheets were basically up for the first week and then haven’t been available since.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Not even picking stuff for list making: just paintin' heresy!

And here is the whole gang

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I think those might be your best yet.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Love the fancy chainsword dude

the_seventh_cohort
May 4, 2013
Do people like putting pintle-mounted weapons on their battle tanks? I have a predator that's I running with volkite turrets and sponsons and a sicarian with las sponsons, and am wondering if a heavy bolters/havoc launchers are worth sticking on the top.

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

ijyt posted:

I think those might be your best yet.

Appreciate it :unsmith:

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012

the_seventh_cohort posted:

Do people like putting pintle-mounted weapons on their battle tanks? I have a predator that's I running with volkite turrets and sponsons and a sicarian with las sponsons, and am wondering if a heavy bolters/havoc launchers are worth sticking on the top.

Pintle weapons were okay but not ground breaking in HH 1.0. Now that they're 100% defensive weapons so there is no downside other than the extra points.

As far as I see, there's nothing that screams "Buy! buy!" at the moment but some are definitely outperformed by others. Multi-melta seems really popular for popping tanks but is really pricey.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Saturday I took a 3k list of UMs plus a Warhound with Plasma Blaster and Vulcan Megabolter. The WH was decidedly meh, but I appreciated my opponent shooting at it out of fear rather than my actually useful Suzerains and Lascannon heavy weapon squad.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Major Spag posted:

Multi-melta seems really popular for popping tanks but is really pricey.

They're also really nice as a source of cheeky Instant-Death v. an expensive elite infantry squad that wandered too close to your tank. I'll never forget the time I killed a Vindicare Assassin, first turn, with the Multi-Melta on a Land Raider -- that moment alone made it worth the points then, and every other time I took one in the last 10 years.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Beerdeer posted:

Saturday I took a 3k list of UMs plus a Warhound with Plasma Blaster and Vulcan Megabolter. The WH was decidedly meh, but I appreciated my opponent shooting at it out of fear rather than my actually useful Suzerains and Lascannon heavy weapon squad.

Who won though?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

panascope posted:

Who won though?

It’s more that he lost. Badly.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Major Spag posted:

Pintle weapons were okay but not ground breaking in HH 1.0. Now that they're 100% defensive weapons so there is no downside other than the extra points.

As far as I see, there's nothing that screams "Buy! buy!" at the moment but some are definitely outperformed by others. Multi-melta seems really popular for popping tanks but is really pricey.

They're a nice little bonus if you have spare points

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Speaking of warhounds, i recently played against one and had a meltacannon/power fist (melta) contemptor chase it around all game until they both exploded from my shooting and his reaction, it doesnt seem right that a dread can bully a titan

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I feel like a meltacannon dreadnought could sink an entire spaceship by itself, so I'm going to give you lore points for that.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Outside of Goonhammer, are there any other good websites, blogs, podcasts or youtubers for 30k content?
Would love to see more conversions, army list, battle reports etc etc

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

the_seventh_cohort posted:

Generally you want to think about what the vehicle is doing, then weigh if the pintile weapon brings anything to that party. A multi melta on a melta predator, for example, has solid synergy. A havoc launcher doesn't. Likewise a heavy bolter on a punisher sicaran makes a lot of sense, but you probably would skip it on a kratos unless it was going hard into volkite. Rhinos you can pick your favorite flavor, but it also ups the threat level of the death boxes.

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Outside of Goonhammer, are there any other good websites, blogs, podcasts or youtubers for 30k content?

This thread is quiet, but its got a lot of seasoned players you can ask questions. For heresy content browsing, you'll get the most inside of facebook groups, instagram, and maybe reddit. There are a few old school blogs floating around, but it seems people have dropped those in favor of the fast and easy you get from social media. Bolter & Chainsword are forums with a small, active, and very seasoned heresy community, but it also comes with a number of old school grogs. I think there are other forums with similar vibes. My general experience is that social media has lots of content to consume, but a low bar for actual game knowledge. YMMV.

For 1.0 video content you can check out The 30k Channel on Youtube- he recently uploaded all his videos as he's stopped producing new content. That stuff is probably what every narrative player aspires to achieve. 2.0 youtube generaly has a few channels getting into 30k, but many are just 40k influencers chasing side content which really shows in how they play and setup games. Besides those you have wet-behind-the-ears narrative channels showing off infrequent games, many still getting rules wrong. Its a good place to watch the game being played, but I wouldn't say there's a clear best channel anymore now that The 30k Channel is gone.

BULBASAUR fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Oct 9, 2022

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Age of Darkness is a very good podcast. It isn't as active as it used to be, but there's good stuff in the archives.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Cessna posted:

Age of Darkness is a very good podcast. It isn't as active as it used to be, but there's good stuff in the archives.

Oh they've done an episode on Warhammer metal, sick. I need to check these bands out.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
Blood Angel upgrades revealed today

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2022/10/13/heresy-thursday-sate-your-red-thirst-with-blood-angels-upgrade-kits/

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
They're doing them in Legion order right?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Cessna posted:

I'm also a fan of the Eye of Horus podcast

Are there any other ones?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Podcasts suck so hopefully not.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

BULBASAUR posted:

I'm also a fan of the Eye of Horus podcast

Are there any other ones?

Have you tried Audiobooks?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

They're doing them in Legion order right?

Thats kinda how it seemed to begin with but not anymore, my sad bat dudes are helmetless

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The game's taken off around these parts so I was looking to get in with Night Lords. I feel spoiled for choice, honestly. Contrenkar, Night Raptors, Terror Squads, they all look so good. I already picked up Sevatar so I guess I'm sunk.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

The game's taken off around these parts so I was looking to get in with Night Lords. I feel spoiled for choice, honestly. Contrenkar, Night Raptors, Terror Squads, they all look so good. I already picked up Sevatar so I guess I'm sunk.

Hell yeah dude, good choice. Sevatar is a blender. Stick him in an assault transport with pretty much anything and you have a solid core for your list.

Out of the legion unique units Raptors are the best imo. Unfortunately Contekar compete for the same role and Raptors are just better at it. I like to give them nostroman chainblades for high volume shredding ap3. They do get very expensive though.

Terror squads are nice if you give them a bunch of rotor cannons. Night Lords excel at pinning and fighting pinned things. Go crazy

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

The other half of the Predator options is announced. Preorders next week.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I wasn't expecting to start a second Legion this soon, but have some WORLD EATERS

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Nice work! :black101: represent!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks! White armor really is no joke, but I'm very happy with it.

Both Rites of War both look great, and neither seems to be clearly better. Berserker Assault's mandatory charging seems to give Crimson Path the edge, though. At least until I figure out how to mitigate getting lured around...