Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Tenkaris posted:

So if you almost get murdered by a cop but survive, I imagine you have a life long distrust of cops at that point. Of course, cops hate when people don't do everything they say so any hesitation is regarded with suspicion.

So if anything, I would imagine you are more likely to anger a cop by not being fully compliant, so you're more likely to wind up being brutalized.

And even if you told the cop why, you know how they think: "well what were YOU doing to get yourself shot, huh?"

So because of a lovely cop and no fault of your own, you get more poo poo from cops in any future interactions due to the trauma inflicted.

Awesome. :d2a:

The best advice when it comes to police is NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO THEM FOR ANY REASON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

mds2 posted:

The best advice when it comes to police is NEVER EVER EVER TALK TO THEM FOR ANY REASON.

:hmmyes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KX_wG_4pK0

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Edit - Aww, beaten

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
My mother is a very... dramatic lady. One time we were driving back to Dallas from New Orleans and right after we crossed the Texas state line, a cop put his lights on for us to pull over. My mom was driving and didn't pull over for what felt like 3 miles, then finally she pulled over under a road light.

She then GETS OUT OF THE CAR and starts approaching him. I'm loving terrified at this point because I have a healthy fear of cops, so no loving way am I opening my door or making any moves.

So I don't really see if he draws on her or what but basically she proceeds to lecture this cop and completely throw off his sense of authority :lmao:

He says you didn't pull over, she says she was waiting for a well-lit area because she doesn't know if he's a real cop. He says you were speeding, she says okay fine give me a ticket then.

He did give her a ticket and kept trying to get his holier then thou lecture going but she was just not having it. It was about 2am at this point, the last hour of a seven hour trip, so maybe she was just ready to be home.

Anyways, I was loving terrified out of my mind but it all turned out okay because we are White and my mother's name is literally Karen btw.

I know, it's a Wendy's drive-thru. I'll take a Baconator and a Frosty, then I'll go eat in the parking lot so a cop can come by and try to kill me. Thanks.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Oct 12, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
I've been thinking about agents provocateurs. Remember during the George Floyd protests when that AutoZone burned down in Minneapolis, and there was some peculiar footage of one guy in particular who seemed to start the damage? He was a white guy with an umbrella and gas mask(?) dressed in black, and at least one person filming managed to confront him immediately afterwards; he definitely acted weird from what I remember. I recall some text message conversation coming to light in which someone claimed to recognize the guy as a police officer.

Did anything ever come of that? Were there any other similarly-suspicious incidents?

Here in Canada, the cops have definitely done this thing. Quebec police even admitted to it after a few of their undercover agents were apprehended at a protest in Montebello, and some photographer pointed out they were wearing police-issue boots. I have strong suspicion they did it in Toronto during the G20 as well - nothing has been confirmed AFAIK but the way some poo poo went down, like police cruiser just abandoned there at Bay and King for people to flip over and set alight.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Oct 13, 2022

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/BBCWorld/status/1579753052671598592

Get used to it Texas. This is now the new norm.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Mister Speaker posted:

I've been thinking about agents provocateurs. Remember during the George Floyd protests when that AutoZone burned down in Minneapolis, and there was some peculiar footage of one guy in particular who seemed to start the damage? He was a white guy with an umbrella and gas mask(?) dressed in black, and at least one person filming managed to confront him immediately afterwards; he definitely acted weird from what I remember. I recall some text message conversation coming to light in which someone claimed to recognize the guy as a police officer.

Did anything ever come of that? Were there any other similarly-suspicious incidents?

Here in Canada, the cops have definitely done this thing. Quebec police even admitted to it after a few of their undercover agents were apprehended at a protest in Montebello, and some photographer pointed out they were wearing police-issue boots. I have strong suspicion they did it in Toronto during the G20 as well - nothing has been confirmed AFAIK but the way some poo poo went down, like police cruiser just abandoned there at Bay and King for people to flip over and set alight.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis-umbrella-man-autozone-fire-hells-angels-police

This says he was part of the Hell's Angels but I do remember him and the screenshots of the ex girlfriend saying it was a cop or fireman she used to date? Of course this is Fox News but just what I found from a quick google about "Minneapolis autozone fire"

Scrolling further, I see the same info reported by NYT and WashPo so :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Mister Speaker posted:

What are the statistics on police suicide following egregious events like these?

Nowhere near high enough imo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Mister Speaker posted:

Sure I mean, there was the cop in North Dakota doing it in 2020
https://www.tri-cityherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article243268486.html

Or the cops in New Jersey that pretended to be hasidic jews to infiltrate anti-racism protests in... 2020
https://forward.com/fast-forward/448317/undercover-cops-dress-as-hasidim-to-monitor-protests-in-majority-jewish/

Or the police in Texas openly bragging about infiltrating protests undercover to make arrests in... uhh, 2020
https://kvia.com/news/crime/2020/06/03/both-extremists-and-police-embed-themselves-amid-protesters-in-el-paso-across-texas/

Or the time DC police infiltrated a protest to incite in 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...a305_story.html

Here's an article that's a good rundown of the above links + others:
https://www.brennancenter.org/our-work/analysis-opinion/police-infiltration-protests-undermines-first-amendment

Here's an article detailing the long history of police infiltration of protests in the US:
https://theintercept.com/2020/06/02/history-united-states-government-infiltration-protests/

(And here's the non-paywalled version of the above article)
https://archive.ph/sEv11

e: They follow a pretty standard pattern - they start showing up at progressive/left-wing protests, no one can figure out why they're there because they are completely politically ignorant, they always insist on drinking beer and loudly proclaiming their right to drink beer even if no drinking is allowed (to encourage other protestors to drink and do dumb things), and they always make a point of speaking openly about how protestors are allowed to destroy property and resist arrest. Anyone doing those things at a protest is 100% a cop.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 13, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Yikes. I don't know what I was expecting, but thank you.

I'm now recalling a couple of posts where protestors had identified and singled out bad actors in their midst. Something about how they all dressed the same, including little identifying bands on their arms. Of course some are more obvious; like the 'how many signs can you spot' one where the guy is visibly wearing a vest under his shirt and you can make out an imprint of a pair of handcuffs in his pocket.

deep dish peat moss posted:

They follow a pretty standard pattern - they start showing up at progressive/left-wing protests, no one can figure out why they're there because they are completely politically ignorant, they always insist on drinking beer (to encourage other protestors to drink and do dumb things), and they always make a point of speaking openly about how protestors are allowed to destroy property and resist arrest. Anyone doing those things at a protest is 100% a cop.

Yep. I remember the AutoZone guy had a complete deer-in-headlights look when someone confronted him and asked what he was doing. It's funny you mention beer because here in Toronto when the dipshit convoy tried their thing, I saw so many of them drinking while wandering up and down University Avenue. One old guy I got into it with had his can stashed in a snowmobiling glove; I pointed it out and said "you think I'd get away with drinking a loving beer at a BLM protest???"

It's really just a tailgate party to these CHUDs. Maybe that's why the cops show up to actual protests and try the 'let's get rowdy' thing; they think it's just like a sports riot and that we're all neanderthals like them.

Mister Speaker fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 13, 2022

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

On a similar note for anyone who missed this last year:

The regular faces at most right-wing protests (the ones getting in front of news cameras) were pretty much all exposed as being paid crisis actors. Most of them even work for the same talent agency. Oh yeah, Lauren Boebert and some of your other fav. right-wing political figures work for the same talent agency, like you know, Trump's star witness in his ballot tampering case, or the guy who organized the bus convoy that took everyone to Jan 6th, or both of the women that Blackwater hired to attempt to seduce state department officials, or Candace Owens and Tomi Lahren :kiddo: 100% guarantee you some of them were at left-leaning protests too. Both of these tweets are threads with dozens upon dozens of examples.

https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1421931374567563264

https://twitter.com/nicole_chenelle/status/1422449854224031745

(I suspect this is also why people stopped showing up at pro-Trump rallies now that Russia invaded Ukraine and got sanctioned)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 13, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Parents have to take care of it because the cops won't. loving shameful.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Cops enable it. We'd be safer without them

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

https://www.leoweekly.com/2022/10/f...tos-from-women/

quote:

According to a sentencing memorandum, Bryan Wilson used his law enforcement access to Accurint, a powerful data-combing software used by police departments to assist in investigations, to obtain information about potential victims. He would then share that information with a hacker, who would hack into private Snapchat accounts to obtain sexually explicit photos and videos.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

That's a spicy meat-a ball.
This dude's in jail now, right?...

Right? :ohdear:

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

The Bananana posted:

That's a spicy meat-a ball.
This dude's in jail now, right?...

Right? :ohdear:

quote:

Prosecutors recommended that Wilson receive “a sentence at the lowest end of the applicable sentencing guidelines” as a result of his guilty plea

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

quote:

Prosecutors recommended that Wilson receive “a sentence at the lowest end of the applicable sentencing guidelines” as a result of his guilty plea

quote:

Prosecutors recommended that Wilson receive “a sentence at the lowest end of the applicable sentencing guidelines”

quote:

Prosecutors recommended

quote:

Prosecutors

That's the other guys line you corrupt assholes!

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Prosecutors are pigs in suits.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!

Gun culture isn't culture. Terrorism, maybe.

gently caress, if my country's most common cause of death in children was being shot, I'd be a nervous parent too:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

On the other hand, drat has road safety improved in the recent decades

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 days!
It's almost like licensing and regulations in the name of safety...works!

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Nah, I'm just better at drunk driving than dad.

Yeah, that's got to be it...

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

It's almost like licensing and regulations in the name of safety...works!

If we ban all cars then only the criminals will have cars.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/mackio_/status/1579870140044574721

lmao.

Supposedly this happened a few years ago and the guy got $200k out of it but the video is just making the rounds on twitter

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/letsgomathias/status/1580669998275915776?s=61&t=uFNB7iuZG-CGRDMLMvZc3w

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
it takes 1 post to get banned from r/protectandserve and 2 posts to get banned from r/police - just fyi

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

it's almost like there is some kind of link between cops and white supermacists... don't quote me here though i'm still piecing this theory together.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
:siren:Active shooter in Raleigh:siren:

https://twitter.com/lookner/status/1580694906229886976

https://twitter.com/ChrisLeaTV/status/1580726220224106496

e: one was an off duty cop :shrug:

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Chief McHeath posted:

e: one was an off duty cop :shrug:

Hmm...
"As the philosopher Jagger once said,

'You can't always get what you want'"

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

boogaloo chud or incel chud? or porque no los dos?

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Tenkaris posted:

My mother is a very... dramatic lady. One time we were driving back to Dallas from New Orleans and right after we crossed the Texas state line, a cop put his lights on for us to pull over. My mom was driving and didn't pull over for what felt like 3 miles, then finally she pulled over under a road light.

She then GETS OUT OF THE CAR and starts approaching him. I'm loving terrified at this point because I have a healthy fear of cops, so no loving way am I opening my door or making any moves.

So I don't really see if he draws on her or what but basically she proceeds to lecture this cop and completely throw off his sense of authority :lmao:

He says you didn't pull over, she says she was waiting for a well-lit area because she doesn't know if he's a real cop. He says you were speeding, she says okay fine give me a ticket then.

He did give her a ticket and kept trying to get his holier then thou lecture going but she was just not having it. It was about 2am at this point, the last hour of a seven hour trip, so maybe she was just ready to be home.

Anyways, I was loving terrified out of my mind but it all turned out okay because we are White and my mother's name is literally Karen btw.

I know, it's a Wendy's drive-thru. I'll take a Baconator and a Frosty, then I'll go eat in the parking lot so a cop can come by and try to kill me. Thanks.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

not sure if this was posted yet or if it slipped through the cracks, but last weekend in FL two fathers had a road rage confrontation, both were armed and got into a shootout. each one ended up shooting the other's daughter, ages 5 and 14, who were passengers.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/2-fathers-shoot-one-anothers-daughter-in-florida-road-rage-incident-report-says/

fortunately neither died

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Ok well...
So..

Am I gonna have to be the one?
Hmm?
Is it gonna have to be me?
Yell gonna mak..make...
Fine.

That sounds hilarious to me.

There.

I said it.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

Tenkaris posted:

He says you didn't pull over, he says she was waiting for a well-lit area because she doesn't know if he's a real cop. He says you were speeding, she says okay fine give me a ticket then.

Out of curiosity, was your mom around during Ted Bundy? I could see someone who remembers an infamous serial killer with multiple instances of "pretending to be a cop" still thinking that's The Way.

Read After Burning fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Oct 14, 2022

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The Bananana posted:

Ok well...
So..

Am I gonna have to be the one?
Hmm?
Is it gonna have to be me?
Yell gonna mak..make...
Fine.

That sounds hilarious to me.

There.

I said it.

Lol

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hell yeah lol let’s roll baby give all the teens guns

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lmao no male under the age of 21 should pass a psych test. You all remember being that age, you’re a fuckkng horny hormonal mess. Let’s give em guns.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Read After Burning posted:

Out of curiosity, was your mom around during Ted Bundy? I could see someone who remembers an infamous serial killer with multiple instances of "pretending to be a cop" still thinking that's The Way.

Real cops are also rapists and murderers so you're not much better off.

wontondestruction
Dec 3, 2012

I'm a piece of human waste who supports a culture of using gendered slurs, that leads to 78.1% of women in STEM fields experiencing sexual harassment

CPL593H posted:

Real cops are also rapists and murderers so you're not much better off.

HAWT

also no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/lapdparody/status/1580437285228621825?s=46&t=XAm2uJk0wxvV11FUJ2-dEQ