Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

FFT posted:

how uh close to LA did you grow up

there was a bit of a thing that happened in '92 that might be relevant

DC region in the Marion Barry/"Murder City, USA" era, so....same difference, really. Still see it in some places today, though they've had to cut little slits so you can feed your card into the reader.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i air fry my nutraloaf with a dash of tony chachere's for a little extra flair.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Captain Hygiene posted:

Huh, somehow I've never seen that. At least it has cute little food shapes, that's something.

I've seen both blobs and shapes...it's pureed food but it's better than Nepro through an NG tube.

Chainclaw posted:

are you not from the US? Sugar filled hand pies are a mainstay of the US. If anything your image shows they've gotten less cursed over time.

They used to coat the outside of the hand pies with much thicker icing, see

omg I wish I had some turtle pies rn.

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 17:14 on Oct 13, 2022

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

City of Glompton posted:

my friend tried this and had the following to say:

i'll still buy one if i ever see one in the wild because i want to experience disappointment

I think they sell those at Meijer if you have one nearby

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Poldarn posted:

Sometimes they have to teach you to use their stupid ordering iPad, or that you need to flip the circle from green to red when you're tired of waiters swinging by to drop meat on your plate.
Oh sure, it's fine for the waiters to drop their meat on someone's plate, but when I do it the police get called!

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Beverly is the flavor every one talks about when you do the coke tasting at the World of Coke in Atlanta. it's not necessarily gross, just really weird and bitter. the grossest part of the coke tasting is just how sticky the floor is in there. millions of little kids running around spilling random flavored fanta all over the floor.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember tasting Beverly in Atlanta. They just told us it was "Italian Coke" and we were left to assume that Italians think Coca-Cola should taste like that.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

LifeSunDeath posted:

these idiots spent some time in the hospital and thought "yeah we can bring this concept to mass market, people will love it"

fun fact, sick people hate the mechsoft food, it's functional, easy to eat and not choke, but it's weird and unsettling.

Those orange things look like circus peanuts!
:haw:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Poopelyse posted:

Beverly is the flavor every one talks about when you do the coke tasting at the World of Coke in Atlanta. it's not necessarily gross, just really weird and bitter. the grossest part of the coke tasting is just how sticky the floor is in there. millions of little kids running around spilling random flavored fanta all over the floor.

That's what I thought about the picture. It looks really grody and sticky.

LifeSunDeath posted:

these idiots spent some time in the hospital and thought "yeah we can bring this concept to mass market, people will love it"

fun fact, sick people hate the mechsoft food, it's functional, easy to eat and not choke, but it's weird and unsettling.

Man, these are unsettling.

https://www.hormelhealthlabs.com/product/thick-easy-shaped-pureed-frozen-foods-variety-packs/

https://twitter.com/AngryExile/status/1430137120539090944

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

I can't see those without parsing them as Japanese wheat gluten (namafu)

hallo spacedog has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Oct 13, 2022

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlnFqIcAmDE
https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2018/08/trend-for-drinking-beer-out-of-plastic-bags-in-china/

I'm not a beer guy, but I'm under the impression that this is not right.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Nothing like ripping into a warm catheter bag after a long day at work

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
let's get wild and get blasted on piss sacks.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

hallo spacedog posted:

If you think American bread is sweet then Japanese is in another category.

This cannot be emphasized enough. Also applies to Korea, which shouldn't be a surprise if you are familiar with Korea.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Beer out of a straw is terrible for some reason and I don't know why. Maybe something about where it hits your tongue/palate?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

When I was in hospital I got liver and onions which was good because I like liver and onions.

Is this an american thing?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They got a bag of clams to go with it?

Dumpmaster General
Sep 8, 2022

by sebmojo

Brawnfire posted:

They got a bag of clams to go with it?

Beer and seafood boil baby

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Canada has gone too far

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Living in China, I had a sad moment of "yep, seems about right" upon looking at these pictures.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Are restaurants even open that long

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Halloween Jack posted:

I remember tasting Beverly in Atlanta. They just told us it was "Italian Coke" and we were left to assume that Italians think Coca-Cola should taste like that.
Isn't it basically chinotto? There's a big Italian-American population where I live, so chinotto (and specifically Brio, when I get into Canada) ain't no thing--though I agree it'd come as a surprise to someone expecting Coke. Hell, it's a grown-up taste even if you weren't expecting Coke.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

Isn't it basically chinotto? There's a big Italian-American population where I live, so chinotto (and specifically Brio, when I get into Canada) ain't no thing--though I agree it'd come as a surprise to someone expecting Coke. Hell, it's a grown-up taste even if you weren't expecting Coke.

I love that poo poo. And sanbitter

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Have a scoop

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/aguatheejamaica/status/1579881809114173443

https://twitter.com/i/status/1580039631508119552

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Brawnfire posted:

I love that poo poo. And sanbitter

Sanbitter comes in such a cute little bottle and I couldn't read the label so I thought it might be strawberry or something... I was disappointed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

quote:

ingredients:
3-pound lamprey, or eel
1 bottle red wine, preferably Bordeaux
16 leeks
4 carrots
4 shallots
1 cup chopped ham
½ cup oil
1 Tablespoon flour
salt, pepper
1 thyme sprig (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme)
1 bay leaf
12 croutons (fried bread cubes)
1 clove garlic (optional)

Instructions:

Bleed the lamprey by cutting two inches off its tail. Mix the blood with a cup of wine.
Scald the fish and scrape off the skin. Make an incision around the neck below the gills. Pull out the central nerve through this opening.
Cut the lamprey into 2-inch slices. Put them into a deep bowl, cover with wine, and set aside.
Peel and wash the leeks; use the white part only. Scrape, wash, and slice the carrots. Mince the shallots and chop the ham.
Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the ham and vegetables, and when they start to brown, sprinkle with the four. Stir well and brown for a few minutes.
Pour in the remaining wine. Add salt, pepper, thyme, and bay leaf. Cover and let simmer for about 30 minutes.
Add the lamprey slices, and the wine in which they were marinated. Cook for 15 minutes.
Arrange the lamprey and leeks on a platter. Remove the pan from the heat and thicken. thesauce with the blood and wine mixture. Pour over the lamprey. Serve with the croutons, which may be rubbed with garlic.

The lamprey is a rare fish. In France it is available only in the Dordogne and Garonne areas, where they are plentiful from April to June. Eels may be used as a substitute.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

loving lamprey.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

I would taste the slimefish, if presented.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

whipped fish

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Triple decker hula sandwich thing? Sure, why not?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

OwlFancier posted:

When I was in hospital I got liver and onions which was good because I like liver and onions.

Is this an american thing?

Those are specifically food for people who can't eat solid food made to look like solid food.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

evobatman posted:

whipped fish
Kinky salmon.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

These are very funny, but I hope she made them for a bit and recorded the voiceover herself.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The part where she scrapes off the ramen because she remembers to drizzle a drop of olive oil (gotta make it classy) on the dough is too perfect to be an intentional bit

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Are lampreys more sustainable than eels? How about hagfish?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Apologize to *your* counter and oven? More like apologize to *our* counter and oven, roommate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

FFT posted:

Triple decker hula sandwich thing? Sure, why not?

I think there's some chemical thing that happens where cheese doesn't play nice with pineapple.