Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Hellioning posted:

I have played through some story quests and the final archon quest I have yet to complete and I would like to express that Itto is my friend, he is incredibly stupid, and I love him for it.

Not a fan of the actual writing in his quest (weird as all hell outside of Itto himself) but I could listen to him say stupid poo poo for hours.
Play the Heizou hangout when you get a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Peeps that are still testing dendro with dmc and collei, I admire your resolve. Even though i finaly got some free time back, I don't really even wanna test anything before nahida launches lol. Kinda don't even wanna do any exploration content, either... her fruit picker ability is too good.

Anyway, looks like the GCsim database v3 is finally up, albeit with some characters still missing and a weird new UI:

https://db.gcsim.app/

Some results are weird...

Hyper Raiden: https://gcsim.app/v3/viewer/share/d9a820b2-a50c-4d2c-af46-08bc5fc5485e

Hyper Raiden, but in a way that means something slightly different: https://gcsim.app/v3/viewer/share/e24e0d1e-5d9d-40fe-9b31-77b8129a73ee

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I raised Tighnari to 80 before I realized that his drops were much rarer with an electro in the party. I killed so many of them exploring. :shrug:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Excelzior posted:

Yes, you need the Fungal Spores line of materials to upgrade Nilou and Nahida (and not the Fungal Nucleus line from Activated/Burnt fungi)

Activated/Burnt fungi still sometimes drop basic Fungal Spores but its really rare

I, uh, I see...

gently caress.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

MoonCrab posted:

Peeps that are still testing dendro with dmc and collei, I admire your resolve. Even though i finaly got some free time back, I don't really even wanna test anything before nahida launches lol. Kinda don't even wanna do any exploration content, either... her fruit picker ability is too good.

I kind of don't want to pre-farm her mats until she drops so I have an excuse to use her camera a lot.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

second highest dps comp in the game... my god...

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Clarste posted:

I, uh, I see...

gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iudB3TreJfM

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Oh, I just realized I should ask: I pulled an Amos Bow from the story banner a couple days ago, is it particularly good on anyone besides just being a 5-star stat stick? My archers are Amber, Collei, Diona, Fischl, and Gorou.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The passive only boosts charge shots, and Amber, Ganyu and Tighnari are the only characters in the game who care even the smallest amount about bow charge shots (I wouldn't recommend using Amber). However yeah it makes a good stat-stick for anyone just because it gives loads of attack.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
Does this mean I found all the aranara already? :confuoot:

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Sanctum posted:

Does this mean I found all the aranara already? :confuoot:

hahahaha

If you can't open all the chests, you're still going to randomly find an aranara who's """""in danger"""" because they're standing near some enemies who literally cannot see it.

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Zenostein posted:

hahahaha

If you can't open all the chests, you're still going to randomly find an aranara who's """""in danger"""" because they're standing near some enemies who literally cannot see it.

Really wish they would copy BotW's mechanic of marking found koroks on the map for things like this or oculi.

Or chests, but that would be kind of cluttered without an option to disable the view.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Tree Reformat posted:

Really wish they would copy BotW's mechanic of marking found koroks on the map for things like this or oculi.

Or chests, but that would be kind of cluttered without an option to disable the view.

I mean, you can. I do it with oculi every time one pops up on the minimap or I spot it in the distance. I mark it one way if I haven't picked it up and another if I have and write notes on the marker if there are special conditions (puzzle, underground etc.).

For chests it would be too much though yeah, and I never did it for the Aranara which was a big mistake in retrospect.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I used to mark Oculi, since I had a lot of trouble getting the last few in Monstadt and Liyue, but since then either their map design has been fairer or I've been getting better at exploration because I tend to find enough of them anyway on my own (and it wastes a ton of map tags). I have not been marking Aranara and will definitely be regretting that though.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I was hoping they'd let us mark like 50 more things on the map for sumeru. With fishing spots and ore nodes I ran out, although the latter is the main filler and I've deleted a few for new fishing spots.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I can usually bumble my way to finding enough oculi that making compases isn't too expensive, so there's not much point in marking them unless I'm in the middle of something and want to come back later.

I'd mark the aranara, but I'm already entirely too close to the pin limit, so that idea was doa. Which is a shame, because even with a list that's a lot of places to have to go looking for mop-up.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It's a shame you never use Shinobu's normal attacks, because her animations are pretty cool. I just noticed she switches which hand she holds her sword in between the first and second hit.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It'd be cooler if she actually had the whip-sword her E animation implies she has.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

FractalSandwich posted:

It's a shame you never use Shinobu's normal attacks, because her animations are pretty cool. I just noticed she switches which hand she holds her sword in between the first and second hit.
Seeing kuki's animations is the meta advantage of hyperbloom candace.

EDIT: big news. I'm seeing comparisons that indicate that 4Gilded is better than 4CW on diluc. now you never have to worry about that poo poo artifact set ever again.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Oct 14, 2022

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Clarste posted:

I, uh, I see...

gently caress.

Just take a freeze team to do Sumeru ley lines, the dang things are like 50% fungi even in the desert, and you probably won't have to deal with a lot of environmental pyro or electro. Alternately there's a whole smurf village of fungi underneath the Quorn Beast if you just want to do a quick lap.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's legitimately a lot of days of farming no matter how you do it. It's 100 blues per character or so. Fortunately each day goes quick unlike specter farming.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's not like hard or anything, just run around Sumeru with Ganyu, it's just annoying that I'd thought I had a big pile of mushroom bits but it turns out I actually have almost no mushroom bits because I killed them all wrong.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Is there any use for the "inactivated" fungus drops yet? Seems like everything that needs fungal materials needs the normal non-electro/pyro kind.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Harrow posted:

Is there any use for the "inactivated" fungus drops yet? Seems like everything that needs fungal materials needs the normal non-electro/pyro kind.
A few weapons require both kinds of drops.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It's really annoying for me since my two main dps I have are Yoimiya and Keqing...and I have Diluc sitting on the bench. I don't have any cryo or geo units setup for much of anything.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Yeah, it's dumb because freeze and geo are basically the only comps with no pyro or electro, and if you wanted to play around with the new dendro comps you were definitely using electro or pyro.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

C0R1 nilou vid:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CwE0YQT0wj4&feature=youtu.be

I like this approach a lot, don't worry about EM and just spam.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I laughed out loud when I saw that HP number on Nilou, god drat

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The funny part is the last 12k HP goes above and beyond her HP scaling. That could be a level 1 dull blade and the chalice boost would be the same, with the only difference being the key's EM sharing passive (which would admittedly be ~5k less damage per bloom)

Ofc the current abyss' free 200EM to everyone helps a lot too.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Oct 14, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What does the R1 mean in C0R1?

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013
Refinement 1 of the associated limited 5* weapon.

(it always annoys me how constellations are 0-indexed and weapon refinements are 1-indexed :argh:)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah C0R1 means "no constellations on the 5* character, they have their signature 5* weapon, no extra refinements on the weapon" basically

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It does worry me a little that outside of lucksacking into enough god artifacts to exceed the HP scaling cap, Nilou's unique weapon is pretty much irreplaceable for her since no other weapon offers even a small advantage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

After watching that video, I can see why anemo is banned from using bountiful. It doesnt seem to have the 2x target restriction that swirl has which makes for unbelievable damage when grouped. Viridescent Hunt Yelan or Collei should be pretty cool.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

The problem of killing yourself with cores is real though when they hit that hard. Its why people are saying that for double hydro double dendro you should probably be using kokomi as a driver.

Well its probably not that bad as long as cores dont go off when you are switching characters or fighting against wolves.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Oct 14, 2022

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Wait, they hurt you? Why?

Also I am tempted to roll on the weapon banner for the first time in my life someone stop me please (although I guess it won't be an issue after I waste all my pulls on Nilou banner and get nothing).

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I dont have Kokomi and I dont feel like using Barbara so I think ill skip Nilou and just run Nahida in an aggravate team

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Clarste posted:

Wait, they hurt you? Why?

Also I am tempted to roll on the weapon banner for the first time in my life someone stop me please (although I guess it won't be an issue after I waste all my pulls on Nilou banner and get nothing).

Bloom core explosions deal 5% of their damage to you as well, and Nilou's aren't an exception. It's not that much damage per explosion but it can add up when your Bloom explosions are dealing 33k+ damage and there are tons going off at once.

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
How long until people are auto kicked for bringing Nilou into coop?

I mean, she's terrible for coop anyway...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Clarste posted:

I, uh, I see...

gently caress.

I just realized I've been loving up too! I've been fighting the Aeonblight Drake, and getting great rolls every time, instead of the cool desert Starcraft prism robot.

Thing is, I was trying to get drops to level up Candace, I wasn't intending to do prep for Nilou. Well okay, Layla can use them.