Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

PITY BONER posted:

I wonder what Putin's kompromat is on him. Please be a piss tape.

Probably just his tweets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
he doesn't need blackmail, putin is just good at exploiting powerful narcissists with an overinflated sense of their own intelligence. probably just tells him how smart and handsome he is

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Yeah he wasn't blackmailed, he was just an idiot who thought he could talk to Putin, a notorious bad actor, and make a deal. The best part is he didn't even try to negotiate with Putin, he just basically took Putin's demands verbatim and repeated them framing them as the same peace plan Ukraine was offered in February

Because he wants to be Mister Deals like big daddy Trump.

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

He didn't give a single poo poo about what was happening in Ukraine until he he bought Putin's Nuclear bluff hook, line, and sinker. That's probably all there is to it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PITY BONER posted:

I wonder what Putin's kompromat is on him. Please be a piss tape.

It's probably some dumbass poo poo we already know like, "Elon Musk lives like a homeless person because all his assets are tied in stock and he has no liquid and women find it reprehensible after the honeymoon wears off, especially after he gets them pregnant"

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Aramis posted:

He didn't give a single poo poo about what was happening in Ukraine until he he bought Putin's Nuclear bluff hook, line, and sinker. That's probably all there is to it.

More likely the cost of energy to run the Tesla plant in Germany went up and he wanted Putin to give him a cost break in exchange for tweeting support for Russia, and Elon was dumb enough to do it with no actual assurances from Putin

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
What’s weird is he should have at least pretended to meet with Ukrainians. To look at least a little bit fair.

You don’t even need to actually care, just pretend

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1579879154463690752

https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1579941475613229056

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1579946607151546368

this is fun

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
How do we know that Musk didn't lie to Bremmer about what he talked about with Putin

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

technically he spoke to a translator, not putin :smug:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Ah yes, the "nuh-uh" defense.

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Willo567 posted:

How do we know that Musk didn't lie to Bremmer about what he talked about with Putin

Bremmer isnt just some random dude at a party Musk is trying to impress. He knows this guy is connected and this stuff will get out.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Lol wtf lamo

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

https://twitter.com/MostlyPeacefull/status/1579947037449080832

Notice me, Elonpai

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Mozi posted:

he doesn't need blackmail, putin is just good at exploiting powerful narcissists with an overinflated sense of their own intelligence. probably just tells him how smart and handsome he is

Most of the men who adore Putin do so because they hate their fathers for one reason or another and Putin does a good job positioning himself as a substitute daddy who better fits their ideals.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Twitter should ban Elon's account. This will make him obsessed with completing the deal so he can unban himself.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

What a gift Elon has given Twitter by being photographed without his shirt on. Any photoshopped stan post can immediately be countered with pasty flab.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It’s actually a pretty good analogy. Both were always pieces of poo poo but we overlooked it because they showed greatness and promise.

Then they got too high on their own supply and have taken L after L ever since.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I was gonna say, didn’t MacGregor implode recently and been shooting like a meteor back to earth?

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1579827906561593346?s=20&t=SUWDRPxRmmEe9oThfq2zoQ

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Brother Tadger posted:

I was gonna say, didn’t MacGregor implode recently and been shooting like a meteor back to earth?
more like he’s shooting steroids into his butt

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

I love how "great entrepreneur" is just code for "great fancy gambler."

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

I big time shorted TWTR today and feel good about it. I really don't see him running the company anywhere but into the ground, and I have at least 4 earnings calls to see that come to fruition.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

sure okay posted:

I big time shorted TWTR today and feel good about it. I really don't see him running the company anywhere but into the ground, and I have at least 4 earnings calls to see that come to fruition.

don't all the publicly held shares go poof and convert to cash if the deal goes through? he may run the company into the ground, but there won't be a share price to tank anymore or a futures exchange.

shorting is still a good move if the deal falls through because twitter shares will plummet the instant that happens, but it's not great if he's forced to buy every single share at $54.20.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

sure okay posted:

lmao, exactly the wrong thing to do

i love goons

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Bad Purchase posted:

don't all the publicly held shares go poof and convert to cash if the deal goes through? he may run the company into the ground, but there won't be a share price to tank anymore or a futures exchange.

this is correct

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Main Paineframe posted:

lmao, exactly the wrong thing to do

i love goons

it's like watching a toddler stick their fingers into an electrical socket

and people think that traditional brokers lock out shorts and leverage until you jump through some hoops because the cabal doesn't want the poors to have access to the real money

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

sure okay posted:

lmao you shorted a company that is going to go private

I had a company buy me out of an ESPP for $27.50 a share when it was trading at $7.25 to make it go private, it was pretty cool.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
lol:

Matt Levine posted:

Look, I think that Elon Musk is going to close his deal to buy Twitter Inc. by the end of the month. He has said he will, Twitter (presumably) wants that, he has the money, he will get extremely in trouble with the Delaware Court of Chancery if he does not, he seems to have a renewed enthusiasm for messing with Twitter, I think it will happen. (Not, ever, investment advice!) That said lots of people are understandably skeptical, and he changes his mind a lot, so I keep reading theories about how he might still wiggle out.

Here I want to discuss two of them briefly, not because I think they are great theories but because people keep asking me about them. One is that Musk has put a lot of effort recently into spreading Russian and Chinese propaganda? On Twitter, he has endorsed most of Vladimir Putin’s war aims in Ukraine, and in a lunch interview with the Financial Times he called for China to annex Taiwan. (There is also a sketchy report, which he has denied, that Musk talked to Putin before endorsing his annexation of parts of Ukraine.) He is a man with many weird hobbies, but this is a particularly odd hobby, and as far as I can tell a new one. One possibility here is that (as he says) he is worried about the risk of nuclear war and wants to defuse geopolitical tensions by tweeting polls or whatever. Another possibility is that China is a critical market for Tesla Inc., and he is seeking China’s favor.

But the fancier possibility is that he is trying to get American government officials worried, so that they will step in to block the Twitter deal. “We can’t let Twitter, the ‘town square’ of American political discourse, be owned by a guy who might be a Chinese or Russian agent, so we have to block the deal,” people think Musk thinks the government will think. By winkingly hinting that he might be doing Vladimir Putin’s bidding, the theory goes, Musk will force the US government to block his acquisition of Twitter. Which would get him out of it, which is — perhaps — what he wants.

I don’t really buy this — I don’t think that the US government has much of a mechanism to block the deal at this point, and I think it would be too controversial for anyone to touch — but it is a funny theory so I am passing it along. On the other hand, if you don’t believe this theory, and I don’t, then you are left with an alternative theory like “Musk really does like spreading Chinese and Russian propaganda, and now he’ll own Twitter,” and that’s perhaps not ideal.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

He may be under federal investigation:

https://twitter.com/Esqueer_/status/1580694931215364096?s=20&t=MHVXBD7P3iS_KDH8S2qF9w

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

If Elon gets out of this via CIA clownshoes antics I don't know if I'll stop laughing

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

it's the SEC investigation into the way he acquired his shares and the misrepresentations he made in the paperwork

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
"conduct in connection with the acquisition of Twitter" sounds like probably not his Ukraine posts, but more humdrum financial rules stuff

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

Hopefully the SEC actually does something this time instead of letting him openly manipulate the market again

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Elon confirming he’s yanking Starlink funding from Ukraine because of mean tweets

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1580819437824839681?s=46&t=9_uv7qvKMJtGefczdXVuvQ

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Piquai Souban posted:

Elon confirming he’s yanking Starlink funding from Ukraine because of mean tweets

I fully believe he was going to do this sooner or later because Putin told him to, he was just looking for an excuse to do it.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Gonna put out an open call for posts or PMs of Musk stories from anyone who knows someone who knows him. I've been collecting Elon stories and won't share them, but his private life is an absolute mess, more than is really known

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

poisonpill posted:

Gonna put out an open call for posts or PMs of Musk stories from anyone who knows someone who knows him. I've been collecting Elon stories and won't share them, but his private life is an absolute mess, more than is really known

he dick look like a stupa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Piquai Souban posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1580819437824839681?s=46&t=9_uv7qvKMJtGefczdXVuvQ

I know it's been said multiple times, but it bears repeating: Playing "gently caress around and find out" with the motherfucking DoD is a heck of a way to spend your free time.

The romantic in me wants it to be a grand ploy to hand off the network to the government with some plausible deniability wrt/ whatever leverage Putin has on him, but I know better.