Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Even the Fox Business host in the clip is calling bullshit on him eating $28 worth of taco bell regularly.

"Wait a minute. Really? You spent $28 at Taco Bell? Just for you? You're a fit, thin guy. I can't see that... for me, that's just the opening appetizer, [laughs] but, uh whatever."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Exceptional avatar/post/context combo. Absolutely exceptional.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Maybe he’s just really into Doctor Who

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i shall have to research deeper into this and thats just not an excuse to go by taco bell tomorrow

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The guy from Fox Business doubled down on Twitter and said "no adult male" could get full from a meal with only 1,350 calories and posted his order.

It was two burrito supremes with guacamole, a steak Doritos Locos taco with extra meat, a Doritos Cheesy Gordita Crunch wrap, a large Baja Blast, and an order of Nachos Bell Grande with extra jalapenos and cheese.

$25.40 subtotal and he said it was $28 with sales tax.

He was obviously lying and went online to find some combo that added up.

I looked into this when it broke and everything I've been seeing is 6000-8000 calories for $28 bucks, because I'm going to straight to the loving value menu and getting a mix of Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burritos or Beefy Melt Burritos, totalling up 14 total, at $2 each.

This man has never had to buy a cheap and filling meal before.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Young Freud posted:

I looked into this when it broke and everything I've been seeing is 6000-8000 calories for $28 bucks, because I'm going to straight to the loving value menu and getting a mix of Chipotle Ranch Grilled Chicken Burritos or Beefy Melt Burritos, totalling up 14 total, at $2 each.

This man has never had to buy a cheap and filling meal before.

It's a good thing he isn't in charge of telling people how to efficiently manage their money or anything like that.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
My dude just inadvertently admitted to binging and purging I bet.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:vince:

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Taco Bell is good at brand twitter have they commented on this important issue?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

It's one taco bell, Michael. What could it possibly cost, twenty eight dollars?

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

My fox news business guy is reporting to us live from 2032's taco bell from demolition man is what's up

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Staluigi posted:

My fox news business guy is reporting to us live from 2032's taco bell from demolition man is what's up

You jest, but hipster restaurants that do poo poo like this are depressingly common.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I thought all the hipsters died out in like 2012.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Staluigi posted:

Well if you’re eating Taco Bell, you’re gonna need the three seashells pretty quickly.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Star Man posted:

I thought they all opened vape shops

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everyone realised 'hipster' is just 'upper class millennial'.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Youth Decay posted:

Taco Bell is good at brand twitter have they commented on this important issue?

The correct take....
https://twitter.com/tacobell/status/1580350501799211008?s=20&t=J_D_SlXqVd460PbZw-ZBUg

Staluigi
Jun 22, 2021

Star Man posted:

No they just chased out every single family joint or ethnic restaurant from anywhere in a two mile radius from the metropolitan financial center and replaced it with That Place with Edison Bulbs, Square Stainless Steel Sitting Stools, Chalkboard Menu, Exposed Brick and Dark Wood Accents, A Name Like "Leaf & Pickle" And 32 Dollar Gastrostarters (or 'appetizers' in peon speak)

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Eason the Fifth posted:

$20 was the Taco Bell challenge amount back in the 2010s but I guess with inflation $28 is a reasonable number if you really want to hate yourself

I know a goon who did the twenty taco challenge back in 2009ish. Don't remember the exact cost but I'd bet it was about the same and was then a marker of dissolute excess. Never have I seen someone look at food with such loathing as when he reached for the twentieth taco, which by that point had more or less congealed.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Staluigi posted:

No they just chased out every single family joint or ethnic restaurant from anywhere in a two mile radius from the metropolitan financial center and replaced it with That Place with Edison Bulbs, Square Stainless Steel Sitting Stools, Chalkboard Menu, Exposed Brick and Dark Wood Accents, A Name Like "Leaf & Pickle" And 32 Dollar Gastrostarters (or 'appetizers' in peon speak)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Staluigi posted:

Oh, so nu-California.

btw you're not a real millennial until you've brought down a restaurant with a scathing Yelp review

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Bloody Pom posted:

You jest, but hipster restaurants that do poo poo like this are depressingly common.

LOL no that's a play on minimalist haute cuisine

Hipster food is some sort of taco bell take on poutine served to you in a mini cast iron skillet

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Jaxyon posted:

Hipster food is some sort of taco bell take on poutine served to you in a mini cast iron skillet

Velveeta Mac& cheese served with pulled pork and fried onion straws on top.

A perfectly average, probably kinda dry, cheeseburger named something involving "Classic" or "Vintage" or "Original."

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Jaxyon posted:

https://twitter.com/karol/status/1169303315924103169?s=46&t=m2TOUhmZ_uS0nUmfYlrNzg

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Star Man posted:

Hipster and millennial both mean "youngish person I don't like"

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

"Hey can I get just a bone? Yeah just a giant bone. 20 bucks? What a steal, I love NYC"

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

This would cost $40 in my town even pre-Joe

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I know it's not a pomegranate, but can we tag gore anyway? It's football season and I don't need to see that

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

BBQ talk? Is this the Texas thread?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

tecnocrat posted:

BBQ talk? Is this the Texas thread?

When did Texas start making barbecue?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

When did Texas start making barbecue?

Well, with the amount of factories that keep exploding...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Another day, another mass shooting.

This time in North Carolina. 7 people shot, 5 dead.

Young white male shooter with a semi-automatic rifle.

The shooting was in a suburban neighborhood and no apparent motive yet.

The shooter was holed up for 5 hours until they caught him late last night.

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1580743672932360193
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1580742232583217152

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Riptor posted:

Hipster and millennial both mean "youngish person I don't like"

No, now millennial means "old person I don't like"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Star Man posted:

No, now millennial means "old person I don't like"

I'm a millennial and I have gray hair, am over the halfway point for the lifespan of the average American male, and doctors put a camera up my butt once a year.

:(

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

That is what I'm saying. OJ's judgement in his civil case for actually murdering two people was $33 million. A billion for harm caused by defamation is uncharted territory.

I think Jones is probably a repugnant enough person that no judge is going to want to go easy on him. But, it's not like this is a totally normal level of compensation for the type of case or that the case itself was standard in any way. If this were some unknown person, I think it is more likely to get scaled down. But, in this case, who knows?

Does Jones' own financial gain from the defamation not play a role in the judgment? From what you're saying, it sounds like the answer is no, but that seems bizarre to me. If I made up a bunch of lies about you, and made $50 million telling those lies, why wouldn't you have the right to every last dollar of it? What is my incentive not to lie?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

I'm a millennial and I have gray hair, am over the halfway point for the lifespan of the average American male, and doctors put a camera up my butt once a year.

:(

Uhhh I don't think you're supposed to get a colonscopy once a year. (I mean unless there's some specific reason I guess)

When I turned 40 my doc started doing the finger-up-my-butt prostate exam. Then I moved to a different state and got a different doctor and he basically said "that's odd... anyway we're evidence based here and the evidence shows that those rectal exams aren't exactly effective. So we'll just do blood screening instead."

Fingers up my butt for NOTHIN'!

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Trump sent a letter to the January 6th committee that is wildly unhinged, full of typos, and also - inexplicably - includes several pages of photos from his inauguration in the middle of the letter to show how big the crowds were.

It starts with:

quote:

The Honorable Bennie G. Thompson
Chairperson
The Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the U.S. Capitol
Longworth House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515

Dear Chairman Thompson,

THE PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION OF 2020 WAS RIGGED AND STOLEN!

and only gets crazier.

Word Salad:

quote:

The same group of Radical Left Democrats who utilized their Majority position in Congress to create the fiction of Russia, Russia, Russia, Impeachment Hoax #1, Impeachment Hoax #2, the $48 Million Mueller Report (which ended in No Collusion!), Ukraine, Ukraine, Ukraine, the atrocious and illegal Spying on my Campaign, and so much more, are the people who created this Committee of highly partisan political Hacks and Thugs whose sole function is to destroy the lives of many hard-working American Patriots, whose records in life have been unblemished until this point of attempted ruination. The double standard of the Unselects between what has taken place on the “RIGHT,” and what has taken place with Radical Left, lawless groups such as Antifa, Black Lives Matter, and others, is startling and will never be acceptable, even to those who will be writing the history of what you have done to America.

This memo is being written to express our anger, disappointment, and complaint that with all of the hundreds of millions of dollars spent on what many consider to be a Charade and Witch Hunt, and despite strong and powerful requests, you have not spent even a short moment on examining the massive Election Fraud that took place during the 2020 Presidential Election, and have targeted only those who were, as concerned American Citizens, protesting the Fraud itself.

"Black people were tricked into voting Biden and/or voted multiple times for Biden. Also, the blacks love me and if they voted multiple times, then it should have been for me."

quote:

Since 1888, no incumbent President has gained votes and lost reelection. I received many millions more votes in 2020 than I did in 2016, unheard of in our political History. When you win Ohio, Florida, and Iowa, which I did in a landslide, no President has lost the General Election since 1960. We swept all four bellwether States (Iowa, Florida, Ohio, and North Carolina) that have correctly predicted Election winners since 1896. I won 18 of the 19 bellwether counties, my coattails secured the Victories of 27 out of 27 “toss up” House races, and the Democrats did not flip a single State Legislature.

Yet somehow Biden beat Obama with the Black population in select Swing State cities, but nowhere else. It is all not possible, or very likely, but should have been a major subject of your Committee’s work because it was the Election result that brought this record-breaking crowd to Washington, D.C. on January 6th. A large percentage of American Citizens, including almost the entire Republican Party, feel that the Election was Rigged and Stolen (because they have seen the determinative evidence, some of which is attached to this letter).

"Everyone says I didn't deploy the national guard and I prevented the national guard from assisting. That is a lie. Congress actually prevented it and I was just busy monitoring the situation and thought nobody would be crazy enough to deny my help that I forgot to reauthorize the national guard."

He also claims he knew "on instinct" what was going to happen because he could sense the crowds would be "far bigger than anyone thought possible" and "perhaps one of the biggest crowds in history."

quote:

In addition, the Unselect Committee has willfully ignored the fact that days before January 6, 2021, I recommended and authorized thousands of troops to be deployed to ensure that there was peace, safety, and security at the Capitol and throughout Washington, D.C. on January 6th because I knew, just based on instinct and what I was hearing, that the crowd coming to listen to my speech, and various others, would be a very big one, far bigger than anyone thought possible. As it turns out, it was indeed one of the largest crowds I have ever spoken before, a very wide swath stretching all the way back to the Washington Monument.

He is upset that the "massive size" of the crowds at his rallies has "never been a subject of your committee, nor has it been discussed by the Fake News Media that absolutely refuses to acknowledge, in any way, shape or form, the magnitude of what was taking place."

Also, he believes that pictures of how big the crowds were at his rallies have been "cancelled, scrubbed, deleted or, in any event, not available" from the entire internet by ~someone~ ???

quote:

The massive size of this crowd, and its meaning, has never been a subject of your Committee, nor has it been discussed by the Fake News Media that absolutely refuses to acknowledge, in any way, shape or form, the magnitude of what was taking place. In fact, for such a historic event, there are very few pictures that accurately show the event, or how many people were really there. Incredibly, it seems that pictures showing the size of the event were perhaps cancelled, scrubbed, deleted or, in any event, not available, but we still have some

Trump says that he had the national guard ready days in advance and that many people called it "good instinct," but that Pelosi and the Mayor of D.C. refused help on January 6th because "they didn't like the look" of National Guard members. Other investigations have cleared him of all wrong-doing and said that Trump did everything correctly.

quote:

I did my job long ahead of schedule. Some people call it good instinct, but the troops were ready to go. Nancy Pelosi and Muriel Bowser didn’t do their job, they didn’t like the look of soldiers, and sadly your Committee refuses to say anything about it, because if they did, it would be clear that I did everything correctly, and that is not what the Committee wants to see.

"If the election wasn't rigged, then why do I keep saying it is?"

quote:

The most recent Rasmussen Poll on the issue found a staggering 55% think cheating likely affected the outcome, including 53% of Independents and 35% of Democrats, revealing this issue is not going away.

He also includes several pages of bulleted lists that prove that the election was stolen from him and that he probably won 35 to 40 states.

quote:

• Maricopa County accepted at least 20,000 mail-in ballots after Election Day 2020, including 18,000 on November 4, 2020, picked up from the U.S. Postal Service—more than the entire Election margin of 10,457 ballots

• Another analysis by Dr. Shiva Ayyadurai in Pima County found significant anomalies with mail-in ballots. In precincts with anomalous high turnout (over 92%), mail-in ballots started flipping from 6% Republican for Biden to 40% of Republicans voting for Biden, which is highly suspect.

• In Georgia, a week after this private memo was sent to him, Brad Raffensperger falsely claimed publicly the Election results were “trustworthy” and “sound,” when he knew they were not.

• Affidavits and video evidence show thousands of ballots being delivered through a back door of the then-named TCF Center at 3:30 a.m. on Election night. The RINOs in the State Senate confirmed this also in their report analyzing the 2020 Election, and said a “large volume” of ballots were delivered to the TCF Center with no chain of custody. Those ballots came from drop boxes.
The full letter is 14 pages long (and included in the link below).

• Attorney General Bill Barr ordered U.S. Attorney Bill McSwain to stand down and not investigate Election irregularities, even after McSwain reported that his office “received various allegations of voter fraud and election irregularities.”

• In Wisconsin, nearly 200,000 voters identified as “indefinitely confined,” even though that was often not the case. They were simply using COVID as a means to skirt Voter ID laws for mail-in ballots. These ballots should have been thrown out.

• True the Vote estimates as many as 7% of all mail-in ballots cast could have been ineligible—approximately 4.8 million votes, an Election-changing number many times over.

Full letter here:

https://cdn.nucleusfiles.com/27/27b...123&_nhids=TEST

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
gently caress me sideways, that is definitely some pure strain Trump word salad right from the source. Guess I needed a reminder of how bat poo poo bonkers that guy is.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I am absolutely in love with the argument that something fishy must be going on because Biden beat Obama with support from The Blacks. I mean, why *wouldn't* they vote with their skin color?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

bird food bathtub posted:

gently caress me sideways, that is definitely some pure strain Trump word salad right from the source. Guess I needed a reminder of how bat poo poo bonkers that guy is.

Yeah, big meth head energy coming off that letter.

For my money his whininess is most petulant in the repeated complaints about people not paying attention to the size of his rallies/inauguration/etc.