Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tekopo posted:

E8S is loving terrible and nearly killed my static not once, but two times. gently caress that fight. It should have had a checkpoint because doing the world's most boring adds phase and a lovely long cutscene every time is really grating.

E4S is really good though.

Eden's Verse was my first Savage tier and the add phase of E8S was so poorly designed I had to switch from Bard to Machinist because the adds auto-counter and I literally could not do enough damage in few enough hits as Bard to survive. Like, I would try to kill them and just fall over dead, the healer couldn't keep me alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This tier has made me do a complete 180 on doorbosses and now I hate them. This is partially due to only raiding 3 hours a session but it just feels bad to spend a whole lockout on phase 2 and then have 30-40mins left on the clock and even one wipe re-clearing door just saps everyones will to continue to get 20 mins or so back on prog.

I did p4s mostly in PF last tier, and it already made me hate doorbosses. It meant I couldn't join any party without being able to potentially commit 2 hours to it, and the question of when to leave a party that's doing badly in part 2 is really awkward.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Arist posted:

Eden's Verse was my first Savage tier and the add phase of E8S was so poorly designed I had to switch from Bard to Machinist because the adds auto-counter and I literally could not do enough damage in few enough hits as Bard to survive. Like, I would try to kill them and just fall over dead, the healer couldn't keep me alive.

Not really related to anything in your post, but how many times has an auto-counter mechanic come up?

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This tier has made me do a complete 180 on doorbosses and now I hate them. This is partially due to only raiding 3 hours a session but it just feels bad to spend a whole lockout on phase 2 and then have 30-40mins left on the clock and even one wipe re-clearing door just saps everyones will to continue to get 20 mins or so back on prog.

O4s was perfect..IDK why they insist on making the doorbosses so long. Exdeath was like 4 or 5 minutes which was a good length.

This is definitely the take. Every extended doorboss (kefka, omega twins, titty tree, now fire dad) has been just a really bad time to do over and over again in the way the game expects.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Qwertycoatl posted:

I did p4s mostly in PF last tier, and it already made me hate doorbosses. It meant I couldn't join any party without being able to potentially commit 2 hours to it, and the question of when to leave a party that's doing badly in part 2 is really awkward.

In fairness, P4S has an unusually brutal door boss. Pinax is a whole lot of bullshit to prog even with a static, let alone another set of seven randos every couple of hours.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

I think I prefer it the way it is now where the door boss is longer, but phase 2 is similar in length compared to 4.0 era where the door bosses, especially Exdeath, were shorter but the second phases were much longer and the second half of the fight was a bunch of repeat mechanics. P4S P2 only really repeats Curtain Call twice, whereas in O4S P2 the entire fight after grand cross omega is just a copy paste of everything before it. It makes P2 more fun to prog and the time to farm is similar overall.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

makes me wonder why they got rid of weekly raid checkpointing after coil

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I wish that, if they wanted to have five fights per tier, they'd just make five instances. As it is, reinstancing in the final fight is so demoralizing because you have to get back through the door

cheetah7071 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 14, 2022

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

cheetah7071 posted:

I wish that, if they wanted to have five fights per tier, they'll just make five instances. As it is, reinstancing in the final fight is so demoralizing because you have to get back through the door

Agreed.

Or make the door boss drop gear and the 2nd phase drop the mount so the door boss doesn’t feel like punishment.

King Cohort
Mar 14, 2010

Thundarr posted:

In fairness, P4S has an unusually brutal door boss. Pinax is a whole lot of bullshit to prog even with a static, let alone another set of seven randos every couple of hours.

Lol, that's what we all thought at the time before the devs took the kid gloves off. P8S door boss makes P4S look like a Syrcus Tower boss. Pinax is the only mechanic.

Also yea Jesus Christ gently caress door bosses. Exdeath was the only decent one. Please loving stop, Yoshi-P.

King Cohort fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Oct 14, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Electric Phantasm posted:

Not really related to anything in your post, but how many times has an auto-counter mechanic come up?

It's rare but they exist. Some examples off the top of my head:
  • Turn 4: The soldier and knight adds have a physical reflect and magical reflect and will only reflect one or the other type of damage. This has been nerfed since when the fight was current and is basically ignorable now.
  • Leviathan EX/Unreal: The head reflects ranged, the tail reflects magic. This didn't matter so much in 2.2, but when it came back as an unreal there are several classes that have mixed damage types that couldn't just target a single head.
  • A-rank in Eastern La Noscea, Hellsclaw: Puts up a shield that reflects physical or magical occasionally
  • S-rank in Mor Dhona, Agrippa the Mighty: Puts up a counter stance that reflects everything. When ARR hunts were current, it was not uncommon for this mob to kill half the server who ignore the cast and just piles of dead bodies all around it after it's killed
  • S-rank in Dravanian Hinterlands, The Pale Rider: Has a physical reflect that doesn't get a kill count as high as Agrippa, but still leads to a lot of deaths
  • Ravana EX: Parries attacks from certain sides
  • Memoria EX: Same as above

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
E8S was great. Nothing like shared trauma to bring a group together.

Kinda sucked at the time though.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Hyper Inferno posted:

It's rare but they exist. Some examples off the top of my head:
  • Turn 4: The soldier and knight adds have a physical reflect and magical reflect and will only reflect one or the other type of damage. This has been nerfed since when the fight was current and is basically ignorable now.
  • Leviathan EX/Unreal: The head reflects ranged, the tail reflects magic. This didn't matter so much in 2.2, but when it came back as an unreal there are several classes that have mixed damage types that couldn't just target a single head.
  • A-rank in Eastern La Noscea, Hellsclaw: Puts up a shield that reflects physical or magical occasionally
  • S-rank in Mor Dhona, Agrippa the Mighty: Puts up a counter stance that reflects everything. When ARR hunts were current, it was not uncommon for this mob to kill half the server who ignore the cast and just piles of dead bodies all around it after it's killed
  • S-rank in Dravanian Hinterlands, The Pale Rider: Has a physical reflect that doesn't get a kill count as high as Agrippa, but still leads to a lot of deaths
  • Ravana EX: Parries attacks from certain sides
  • Memoria EX: Same as above

Also the brothers in paradigms.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are they still doing prelim patch notes a bit before the full ones when the servers go down?

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Countblanc posted:

Are they still doing prelim patch notes a bit before the full ones when the servers go down?
This is only on major patches like .1, .2, and .3 etc; for the smaller patches like this .25 the notes will get posted like an hour after the servers go down.

Tekopo posted:

E8S is loving terrible and nearly killed my static not once, but two times. gently caress that fight. It should have had a checkpoint because doing the world's most boring adds phase and a lovely long cutscene every time is really grating.
I agree with the adds and cutscene part but the rest of the fight is really great IMO

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

I could tolerate E8S in its entirety if Light Rampant didn't exist. That one mechanic nearly tore me apart.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

So, I’ve only done artifacts after the questlines have been fully implemented. What’s the usual pace for them as they release, 2-3 steps per patch?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

"Huh, I'm doing more damage on WAR than usual on this EX run, is my materia making the diff- oh. I'm the DNC partner. Huh:"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

E8S was great, and that tier in general is my favourite raiding tier in the game.

Suffering is fun!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I really prefer mechanics where the challenge is in figuring out where to go, not the fiddliness of being there but not quite good enough, which is what happens every time with tethers

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

Regalingualius posted:

So, I’ve only done artifacts after the questlines have been fully implemented. What’s the usual pace for them as they release, 2-3 steps per patch?

They're one or two steps per patch more or less. Take the Resistance Weapons from ShB:

The first step was 5.25, the second and third were 5.35, fourth and fifth were 5.45, and the last was 5.55.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Someone fed a screenshot to an art AI

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
how many times did they say boobs in the prompt b/c lol at it turning the countryside in the background into a second disembodied set

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

flatluigi posted:

how many times did they say boobs in the prompt b/c lol at it turning the countryside in the background into a second disembodied set

the future is now

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

flatluigi posted:

That's just what happens when you add the word anime to an AI prompt.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

looks like poo poo

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Runa posted:

Friend of mine did the same with my character:

They told me how to set it up but unfortunately, it only works with NVidia, not AMD. :negative:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Mordiceius posted:

They told me how to set it up but unfortunately, it only works with NVidia, not AMD. :negative:

poo poo I never thought to try img2img with ffxiv screenshots. There goes my night.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

what does it have to do with GPU? Can I not do these with PS5 screenshots?

Veotax
May 16, 2006

hazardousmouse posted:

what does it have to do with GPU? Can I not do these with PS5 screenshots?

I imagine they mean installing the AI stuff on your own PC to do this offline. You can do it with any image, but I guess you need an NVidia card to do it.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

It's working on Apple pcs and amd now, it just requires pretty beefy nvidia cards. Not sure about amd. GBS has a great thread for Stable Diffusion questions and more general ai art stuff, if you want to check it out.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Oct 14, 2022

Systematic System
Jun 17, 2012
Buying an RTX 4090 just to anime-ify my FFXIV screenshots.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
https://twitter.com/coffiedtea/status/1578580481339457537

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

I hope they at least credited gary larson for the joke

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Runa posted:

Iron Bridge-tan

Meanwhile, I just finished the HW, recap quest, got the /hknight emote, tested it out... and noticed I had another green dot in my emotes list.

So I wound up doing the Thavnairian Dance at Haurchefant's grave.

GloomMouse
Mar 6, 2007

A sexy dance better suits a hero

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

Dareon posted:

So I wound up doing the Thavnairian Dance at Haurchefant's grave.

It is what he would have wanted

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Got to EL 26 in Eureka thanks to logs. So now I guess I stay on Pagos since it has easier sprites for logs and I can do the main quest.

What are the levels to attune to Aetherytes? Some maps say it's 25 for all but others say it's like 34 for the last one.

EDIT: Aw gently caress for the armor I 100% need the Anemos relic. Gotta go back and farm some NMs then.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Oct 15, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Got to EL 26 in Eureka thanks to logs. So now I guess I stay on Pagos since it has easier sprites for logs and I can do the main quest.

What are the levels to attune to Aetherytes? Some maps say it's 25 for all but others say it's like 34 for the last one.

Don't remember but it's not worth going to the north side until your levels start getting high enough to qualify for NMs.