Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I wonder if we can correlate Jones increasing pivot to Putin/Russia to around the time he realized that these cases might go very badly from him and he refused to participate in discovery, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Mercury_Storm posted:

I wonder if we can correlate Jones increasing pivot to Putin/Russia to around the time he realized that these cases might go very badly from him and he refused to participate in discovery, etc.

Like with most conservatives I’m pretty sure jones take on Putin tracked very closely with Putin being implicated in attacking Hillary in 2016.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
There's a lot of jealousy of Putin mixed in there. They see the treatment of out-groups in Russia and want that here so very, very badly.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!
They did a whole investigation on the pivot to him being pro-russia and it seems like a combination of direct flattery from RT with possible actual Russian agents during his RT interview as well as Alex being the exact target demo for Russian propaganda (stupid as hell and bigoted).

They mentioned at one point during one of his money bombs that he got like a million dollars in Bitcoin as a single donation and my conspiracy theory is that he's been getting donations from Russia

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Yeah he’s been crazy about Putin since before he got into Trump. He was defending the invasion of Crimea.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
The other side of the Russian angle usually comes up that whatever Russia wanted from him, Jones was utterly unable to give. Elizabeth Williamson has a moment in her book when she just calls Russia Today and asks what they think of Jones, and the answer they give her was that he was impossible to work with.

There was also that time around the end of last year when Jones went on a depressive rant about a deal with foreign media of some kind, but it didn't fall through.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

The only thing that ever genuinely made me suspicious of Alex with Russia is that literally the first time I can recall hearing Daria's name was on a Knowledge Fight episode where they covered him making a big deal about how "everyone" was making accusations that she was his KGB handler... and this was ~years~ before any of the Sandy Hook trial stuff and the depositions got coverage where she became a more prominent member of Infowars. I remember it being a whole skit and everything where they were sarcastically acting like it was true, and it had such powerful "Alex accidentally telling on himself" energy.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

There was also the time Alex said he met with Russian intelligence. Which, it's Alex so he's a liar, but also seems like the kind of thing that is plausible and the way he told it wasn't in his usual bullshit style.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Although I think Dan and Jordan decided later that he was probably, bizarrely, lying about meeting with Russian Intelligence because it made him seem cooler and more connected. That's kind of where I ended up with it. Like, I'm sure he's in a spreadsheet somewhere for RT interns to send articles to but it seems like he just likes being right wing and was following trends.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013

Generic American posted:

The only thing that ever genuinely made me suspicious of Alex with Russia is that literally the first time I can recall hearing Daria's name was on a Knowledge Fight episode where they covered him making a big deal about how "everyone" was making accusations that she was his KGB handler... and this was ~years~ before any of the Sandy Hook trial stuff and the depositions got coverage where she became a more prominent member of Infowars. I remember it being a whole skit and everything where they were sarcastically acting like it was true, and it had such powerful "Alex accidentally telling on himself" energy.

On the other hand, Daria can't really be a KGB Handler because Daria can't really handle much of anything.

It would reflect poorly on the KGB if Daria is all they are capable of.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

I find it plausible that Russian intelligence met with him and made him an offer because I see him as an easily bought disloyal piece of poo poo and everyone knows he's a huge liar so who cares if he talks about it. He'll admit to meeting with them, but he would never say that they bought him and even then, who would believe him?

It's also much more plausible that his malformed world view aligns perfectly with Russian propaganda world building and his low effort outfit is happy to take preformed narratives and run with it. He cites RT articles all the time and he barely reads the headlines.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Morroque posted:

On the other hand, Daria can't really be a KGB Handler because Daria can't really handle much of anything.

Her being somehow some kind of Russian plant makes a certain amount of sense to me simply because I can't find a single thing she actually does at InfoWars.

But then again all of InfoWars is just highly over-paid incompetents.

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Morroque posted:

Before the trial, I would've said that it's at least possible. I mean, if the CIA's playbook is anything to go by, I don't find it very hard to imagine them not sending some highly trained agent deep undercover to hang out with Alex Jones, but instead, just putting someone like her on their payroll as a stooge to work at Infowars with ~very~ simple instructions of what talking points she should push to his listeners.

But yeah, seeing how she performed in her deposition and on the stand immediately convinced me that she couldn't even manage half that amount of effort into her job, no matter how much she's getting paid.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
In order for Daria to be Alex's KGB handler, that would imply that Alex actually listens to anything she has to say. It is at this moment, considering everything else we know about InfoWars as a workplace environment, that the whole proposition falls apart.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Sneaky Snake episode out with Mark Bankston

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

Sneaky Snake episode out with Mark Bankston

Which they have the audacity to call an interview when it is clearly a celebratory vocal jam session.

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

loving first Lionel episode in the back catalogue with Jordan singing along with the theme song every time

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

So I have been thinking. Who does replace Alex in this space in terms of relevance? Has Tucker Carlson figured out how to make the Alex Jones formula work for a more mainstream audience or is is it going to be guys like Steven Crowder?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

You. Sorry.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
We got another sneaky snake! This time with Elizabeth Williamson!

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Digital Jedi posted:

We got another sneaky snake! This time with Elizabeth Williamson!

What what! A caduceus of stealth!

But on Sunday nights I usually listen to Blank Check...

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

In the latest Mark interview, he brought up a point I don't think had been mentioned previously. Mark's thought is that the severe level of grief those parents were in left them essentially disabled. Defamation and intentionally inflicting emotional distress upon disabled people is criminal in Texas, which Mark argues voids the damages caps, on top of the default possibly having that effect. It'll be interesting to see what judge Gamble makes of that argument.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

El Fideo posted:

In the latest Mark interview, he brought up a point I don't think had been mentioned previously. Mark's thought is that the severe level of grief those parents were in left them essentially disabled. Defamation and intentionally inflicting emotional distress upon disabled people is criminal in Texas, which Mark argues voids the damages caps, on top of the default possibly having that effect. It'll be interesting to see what judge Gamble makes of that argument.

We both heard the same thing so :shrug: maybe you're right, but I thought he made it sound like the law is more explicit than that and that it already has a clause for emotional disability, i.e. he's not making a novel argument and just saying this should count for an existing thing that hadn't been applied yet.

And that Gamble shouldn't be involved because this is the appeal on the 20th with whoever the handles those kinds of appeals for the state of Texas.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Ah, I must have missed that. Here's hoping!

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

red19fire posted:

As much as it’s possible to have a favorite thing about Alex, I enjoy his run-on sentences where he plugs the holes in his lies as he’s making up lies. ‘The judge is about to declare me the bad guy, whenactuallyitsthemwhoarethebadguys’

I always really like him singing along to You Belong To The City.
"You dont belong to the city! You belong to Almighty GOD who will crush the (((gloablists)))! You were born in the city YOU WERE BORN IN THE EYE OF GOD "

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I always really like him singing along to You Belong To The City.
"You dont belong to the city! You belong to Almighty GOD who will crush the (((gloablists)))! You were born in the city YOU WERE BORN IN THE EYE OF GOD "

Alex giving rambling speeches over songs is always hilarious because it's always so god drat weird and stupid.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Someone seems to edit around these more now but as of just some months ago the banned.video uploads of infowars eps included very awkward sections where he’s singing along to say Metallica’s 4 horsemen but it’s been edited out so it’s just Alex doing a weird tone poem over silence.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

0konner posted:

Someone seems to edit around these more now but as of just some months ago the banned.video uploads of infowars eps included very awkward sections where he’s singing along to say Metallica’s 4 horsemen but it’s been edited out so it’s just Alex doing a weird tone poem over silence.

Yeah but we use the smooth jazz covers of Metallica instead of silence

https://youtu.be/OBmM79YadYM

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Definitely not a cry for help but he went full shaved-dome today.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

0konner posted:

He looks like a meth-dealing Lex Luthor.

Tex Luthor.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

0konner posted:

The Thing. Motherfucker looks just like the Thing.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Your Gay Uncle posted:

The Thing. Motherfucker looks just like the Thing.

?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Xiahou Dun posted:

Tex Luthor.
reporting this

for thread title

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Xiahou Dun posted:

Tex Luthor.

Looks like Bam Bam Bigelow fell down a Facebook hole

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

Like a racist Easter egg someone rolled on the floor of a barbershop.

Edit : O hey thread title. My lovely jokes have been validated.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

0konner posted:

https://i.imgur.com/4jXsGPO.mp4

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is that a jojo reference?

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

https://www.reddit.com/r/KnowledgeFight/comments/y4rksc/lotus_down_for_this_one_jordan/

The Egyptian victory stela.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Papa Was A Video Toaster posted:

Is that a jojo reference?

The prompt was "Junji Ito, HR Geiger, They Live". I was playing around with the leaked Novel AI model for Stable Diffusion while listening to the latest KF episode. I merged it with the standard SD model so that it works better with real life images as a source.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Squatch Ambassador posted:

The prompt was "Junji Ito, HR Geiger, They Live". I was playing around with the leaked Novel AI model for Stable Diffusion while listening to the latest KF episode. I merged it with the standard SD model so that it works better with real life images as a source.