Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Atticus_1354 posted:

At what point are you just waterboarding yourself with vape juice?

All points

Bad Munki fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

He's gonna give himself lipid pnuemonia in like two weeks. That "smoke" is just oil vapour.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Lol he's putting the colon vapor therapy device up the wrong orifice

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Atticus_1354 posted:

Stay hydrated, friends!

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Is he fogging for mosquitos?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Is he fogging for m'ladies?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Atticus_1354 posted:

You can get a pretty similar visual effect just from getting your coil/power/temp settings perfected and using the right kind of vape mixture for a normal $100 "Beast" vape device.

All those batteries in that thing make it more likely to catch fire and take out an entire wing of your house then work for any reason.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/Krdax49.mp4

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Absolutely riveting. :allears:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

throbbing

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Drone_Fragger posted:

He's gonna give himself lipid pnuemonia in like two weeks. That "smoke" is just oil vapour.

There should never be any kind of oil in electronic cigarette liquid. If someone gets lipid pneumonia from e-cig liquid then whoever made it has hosed up.

For instance, don't put "essential oils" in your vape juice.

Shifty Nipples fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 14, 2022

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

Riveting.
If this were ye olde riveting, the guy would take that red hot rivet and throw it 10 meters far, to another guy who is ready to insert it into the plate. I wonder if I can find that video.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

VictualSquid posted:

Riveting.
If this were ye olde riveting, the guy would take that red hot rivet and throw it 10 meters far, to another guy who is ready to insert it into the plate. I wonder if I can find that video.

I saw a video of this in the Empire State Building tour. It definitely made me do a double take.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Shifty Nipples posted:

There should never be any kind of oil in electronic cigarette liquid. If someone gets lipid pneumonia from e-cig liquid then whoever made it has hosed up.

For instance, don't put "essential oils" in your vape juice.

Reminds me of the dude who put a Carolina reaper in a bong; I wonder how hosed up his lungs were from that.

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

Marcade posted:

Reminds me of the dude who put a Carolina reaper in a bong; I wonder how hosed up his lungs were from that.

Someone breathing in that much spice is gonna look like this at the other end:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

https://i.imgur.com/5Zne2P4.mp4

Cidrick
Jun 10, 2001

Praise the siamese

diarrhea cha-cha-cha

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Man, at first I was waiting to see what hilarious structural failure was about to happen, then the first brick pooped out.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Man, at first I was waiting to see what hilarious structural failure was about to happen, then the first brick pooped out.

Were those bricks or bags of "stuff"?

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Uthor posted:

A bag of stuff is usually called a brick.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Uthor posted:

If these are indeed bricks of a controlled substance then suddenly the video makes a whole lot more sense.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Uthor posted:

Given the tag on the truck, probably hash.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Uthor posted:

Those are definitely bricks, but not the kind used for construction.

I mean, I suppose you could use them in construction, but there's better uses for them.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I mean, I suppose you could use them in construction, but there's better uses for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S7AMveTOLQ

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".

So, is this “hot” riveting? Does “cold” riveting work the same except more hammering/force?

I hope I’m not misremembering but I recall a water tower in college that was demolished And people were pissed because it was an example of “cold” riveting and was hence historic somehow…

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Cthulu Carl posted:

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_nlscqzzozG1qzod13.mp4

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

namlosh posted:

So, is this “hot” riveting? Does “cold” riveting work the same except more hammering/force?

I hope I’m not misremembering but I recall a water tower in college that was demolished And people were pissed because it was an example of “cold” riveting and was hence historic somehow…

Well cold riveting is basically you do that...while cold. It's a lot harder obviously and something large like that would require a jackhammer to flatten the back-end of the rivet into place. The front is generally pre-formed and then the back is smacked into shape.

This restoration video has a few examples. At one point he replaces the old rivets with new, hollowed ones that he bends into shape with a ball-peen hammer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLj2ASDWAeg

Skip to about 19 minutes if you just want to see the cold riveting. Basically it's bonking it with a hammer until the rivet is deformed into place.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

kw0134 posted:

If these are indeed bricks of a controlled substance then suddenly the video makes a whole lot more sense.

Its bags of coke stuffed into the frame of the trailer.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Cthulu Carl posted:

Living in a brick house would be a lot cooler than living in a literal brick house. And I do not mean a brick house in case you're thinking that.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

namlosh posted:

The biggest difference if I'm recalling correctly is that with hot riveting, as it cools the rivet contracts making the join even tighter than you can get with how much hammering/force you can apply cold. I'm unsure if that's case these days with the ability to brig hydraulic hammers into the game for cold.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Uthor posted:

kilos

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1476959697726963713/pu/vid/360x640/xOHJTVgOl_69x8Fb.mp4

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Maybe this is a dumb question but how does it arrange them all pointing the same way? Are they polarized or is only one end ferrous or something?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mister Speaker posted:

Maybe this is a dumb question but how does it arrange them all pointing the same way? Are they polarized or is only one end ferrous or something?

I don't think it does, we just don't really see the ones pointing the other direction because of the camera angle/box edges. If it does sort them directionally I'd bet it has something to do with one end being pointy and one end being wider/flat

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Link appears broken. You should probably just link the tweet, assuming it is attached to one.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Link appears broken. You should probably just link the tweet, assuming it is attached to one.

Works fine for me

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Mister Speaker posted:

The head of the nail has more metal so it points at the bigger magnet while the point has less metal so it points at the smaller one

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Catpain Slack posted:

Works fine for me

Won't work in Firefox, Chrome, or VLC for me. I've noticed this happens a lot when videos are shared from Twitter. Also, if people TIMG things from Twitter it breaks them, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

disabling firefox's enhanced tracking protection fixes it